29th of November

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 29th of November

Pauly...thanks for the virtual hug, at least we're following the social distancing rules. LOL Having this thread to voice my feelings has been a life saver. Have a good day...:smile:PPQP

Comment

Slo...I've never given much thought to the full moon syndrome but there might be something to it. I too was able to get back to sleep last night after waking at 2am. Once I started talking about my sleeping patterns I was surprised to learn how many of my friends experience the same thing. I had no idea and it was nice to know it wasn't just me. Thanks for reaching out...:smile:PPQP

Comment

Mick...got your PM, thanks for that. Definitely feeling better this morning. Sounds like you've found a new hobby and it may even be profitable for you in the future. At least it doesn't involve climbing any ladders. LOL You're actually changing my opinion of Dentists especially if I don't have to have a mouthful of gunk! Good luck with tier 3, it sounds like your side of the pond may be out of this pandemic first. Don't overdue anything today....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Good evening friends,

Chilly & partly sunny, just like winter.
          Keeping myself busy with the usual things & some sourdough baking.

PQ, hugs to you friend :hug:
          Honestly, when you combine current events & the fear they drum up with a full moon - you end up with a great big teary mess. I completely understand, i think we all do. We have never faced such in your face stress, this is truly unprecedented. I decided at the very beginning of the pandemic that staying positive would be my best self-defense & of course following mask & distancing guidelines. We have all come too far to give in to this evil virus. Things are going to get better but it’s going to take time. We’re in this together!!!!

Pauly, keeping the cat away from the pretty red plants will be taking up a lot of my time, haha. Hope you had a good day.

Hi Slo, good to see you!

Mick, we still have some vinyl here but I don’t think we have a turntable anymore, hmm. Knowing the way you like to collect things your collection will be growing quickly.
          Haven’t seen any word of recruiters looking for vaccine administrators. That I could do but I wouldn’t want to take a job away from a younger person. As badly as nurses are needed the hospitals are cutting their hours because they claim they can’t afford to pay them, WTF?

Hello to the rest of the group & wishing everyone a decent night!
          Lav
          AF since 03/26/09
          NF since 05/19/09
          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Mae all - good to read everything. Well, I had my own version of "getting through" a bad patch with this full moon... so I agree, the emotions of dealing with the pandemic plus planetary intervening might just have thrown us into a "dark side if the moon" period. I hope we are all rounding the corner and getting back into the light...

Got into the house, very cute, but filled to the gills, so not much room for my own stuff.. I'll figure it out.

Working with clients who have patiently waited for my return (I work in the basement on their paper projects...) Also under tremendous pressure from the Tahoe organization to produce all sorts of stuff that I don't understand... like special mailings through Mailchimp, sheesh. Meanwhile my blog, which could actually be helping people, is an orphan... will figure out a way to get back to that!

In the meantime, I am giving all HUGE HUGS from afar - you are all beautiful people! Thank you for this safe space.

Comment

and good afternoon merry band ...how are we today then? Hope everyone is good ,,2nd or 3rd of winter and it feels like it ..says he eating an ice cream!!!

hiya ppqp .how are you doing today then? You feeling any better today? nope I wont be overdoing anything today for some reason I feel tired...you take care and stay safe

hiya tee gee how's you then? Feeling ok? I hope so .big hug back to you too. Stay safe

hiya Lav ,yes its very chilly here too. I listened to a couple of records yesterday ..they have got character ..don't ask me how or why, but they have a definite sound ...a lot less clinical than cds...you take care

hiya pauly ,how are you then today ..hope you are well...

I've just got my son a flat piece of cardboard for Christmas. Although what the daft sod wants with an ex box I'll never know.

If the new covid vaccine is still liquid after being stored at minus 70 degrees, it must be made of McDonald's deep fried Apple Pie filling.

I got a political advent calendar.

It's like a normal advent calendar, but there's a dick in number 10.

I can't tell you how long I've been in this clock repair shop for.

Even after all these years of eating and drinking, I'm still a size 32.

However, I wear a size 40 because they're comfier.

Just got my `Diane Abbott` advent calendar, so I`ll be opening a door each day until December 862nd.

Little Johnny returned from the grocery store with his mom. While his mom put away the groceries, little Johnny opened his box of animal biscuits and spread them all over the kitchen table.

"What are you doing" asked his mom?

"The box says you shouldn't eat them if the seal is broken", said the little Johnny. "I'm looking for the broken seal".

A sadist was walking down the street one day when he accidentally ran into a fellow who had just stepped out of a grocery store knocking him to the ground. The sadist was apologizing profusely while he helped the unfortunate shopper to his feet and aided him in gathering his groceries, now strewn all over the sidewalk.

The shopper began telling the sadist that his scrapes and bruises were no problem since he was a masochist and enjoyed pain.

Upon learning this news, the sadist asked the masochist if he would like to accompany him home for some fun and games. I'm a sadist you see.

The masochists' eyes lit up and he quickly agreed.

After reaching the home of the sadist the masochist was practically beside himself with anticipation. He nearly swooned as the sadist shackled him in a corner and walked to the opposite wall where a cat of nine tails was hanging and took it from its perch.

The masochist was now trembling with anticipation and asked; "Are you going to beat me with that?"

The sadist, with a gleam in his eye, answered; "NO"

An instructor and student are sitting in a helicopter, the instructor says "Take it straight up to 100 feet and bring it back down".

The student does without a problem, so the instructor tells him to "Take it up to 200 feet and back down".

Again the student's performance is flawless.

Then the instructor gets out of the chopper and tells the student that his first solo is to take it up to 300 feet and land it by himself.

The student takes off and gets up to about 300 feet then suddenly comes crashing down.

The instructor runs up to the wreckage and says "You were doing so good...what happened"?

The student replies "Well I got up to about 290 feet, but it got so cold up there I figured I would turn the big fan off".

Bubba the Redneck from Georgia decides to travel across the south to Virginia to see God's country. When he gets to Franklin, he likes the place so much that he decides to stay. But first he must find a job!!!!

Bubba walks into an international paper company office and fills out an application as an experienced log inspector. It's his lucky day!!! They just happen to be looking for someone, but first, the log foreman takes him for a ride into the forest in the company pickup truck to see how much he knows.

The foreman stops the truck on the side of the road and points at a tree "see that tree over there, I want you to tell me what species it is and how many board feet of lumber it contains".

Bubba the redneck promptly answers, "that thar's a whitepine, 383 board feet of lumber in 'er".

The foreman is impressed!!! He puts the truck in motion and stops about a mile down the road. He points at another tree through the passenger window and asks the same question. This time, it's a bigger tree of a different class.

Bubba replies "that's a loblolly pine and she's got about 456 clear board feet".

The foreman is really impressed with the good ol' boy, he has been quick and got the answers right without using a calculator!!!!

One more test. They drive a little further down the road, and the foreman stops again.. This time, he points across the road through his driver side window and says, "and what about that one"?

Before the foreman finishes pointing, the Bubba says, "white oak, 242 board feet at best".

The foreman spins the truck around and heads back to the office a little ticked off because he thinks the red neck is smarter than he is. As they near the office, another foreman stops the truck and asks Bubba to step outside.

He hands him a piece of chalk and tells him, "see that tree over there"? "I want you to mark an x on the front of that tree!!"

The foreman thinks to himself, "idiot, how would he know which is the front of the tree"?

When Bubba reaches the tree, he goes around it in a circle while looking at the ground. He then reaches up and places a big white 'X' on the trunk.

He walks back to the foreman and hands him the chalk. "that thar's the front", Bubba says.

The foreman laughs to himself and asks sarcastically, "how in the hell do you know that's the front of the tree"?

The good ol' boy looks down at his feet, while rubbing the toe of his left boot cleaning it in the gravel and replies, "cuz somebody took a s**t behind it"!

Needless to say he got the job and started the very same day.

Fifty Sheds of Grey
              I don't know if any of you have read this book, if you haven’t, the following might give you an idea of what it is all about.

Fifty Sheds Of Grey

We tried various positions - round the back, on the side, up against a wall...
              but in the end we came to the conclusion the bottom of the garden was the only place for a good shed.

She stood before me, trembling in my shed.
              "I'm yours for the night," she gasped, "You can do whatever you want with me."
              So I took her to McDonalds.

She knelt before me on the shed floor and tugged gently at first, then harder until finally it came.
              I moaned with pleasure. Now for the other boot.

Ever since she read THAT book, I've had to buy all kinds of ropes, chains and shackles.
              She still manages to get into the shed, though.

"Put on this rubber suit and mask," I instructed, calmly.
              "Mmmm, kinky!" she purred.
              "Yes," I said, "You can't be too careful with all that asbestos in the shed roof."

"I'm a very naughty girl," she said, biting her lip. "I need to be punished."
              So I invited my mum to stay for the weekend.

"Harder!" she cried, gripping the workbench tightly. "Harder!"
              "Okay," I said. "What's the gross national product of Nicaragua?"

I lay back exhausted, gazing happily out of the shed window.
              Despite my concerns about my inexperience, my rhubarb had come up a treat.

"Are you sure you can take the pain?" she demanded, brandishing stilettos.
              "I think so," I gulped. "Here we go, then," she said, and showed me the receipt.

"Hurt me!" she begged, raising her skirt as she bent over my workbench.
              "Very well," I replied. "You've got fat ankles and no dress sense."

"Are you sure you want this?" I asked. "When I'm done, you won't be able to sit down for weeks."
              She nodded.
              "Okay," I said, putting the three-piece suite on eBay.

"Punish me!" she cried. "Make me suffer like only a real man can!"
              "Very well," I replied, leaving the toilet seat up.
              af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Greetings friends,

I was able to get reservations for this afternoon to go see Longwood Gardens. Their Christmas displays are so special & we haven’t been to the gardens all year despite being members. The reservations keeps the crowds small, masks required so it all seemed good. That place always makes me happy

Cyn, I hope everyone knows you’re in the midst of moving & can be patient for a little while. No point in running yourself into the ground & risk getting sick. They can wait for a few days, right?
                I feel better today than I have for several days - post full moon effects I’m sure. It wasn’t an easy one, haha!! You take care!

Mick, like your take on Fifty Sheds of grey, LOl
                Got a couple pics of the outdoor train setup at Longwood, will put them on FB.

Hello PQ, hope today was better for you :hug:
                We are stronger when we hang in together!!

Hello to Det, Sam, Pie, Pauly & everyone else looking in.
                Have a good night everyone!

Lav
                AF since 03/26/09
                NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Mae everybody, funny jokes Mick that k you Cyn, I didn't know you were moving again, are you going back and forth for a bit? PQ, hope you're feeling better, Lav, glad Longwood is open for business at limited capacity I know how much you enjoy it much love to all and wishes for a great BF Fryday!
                  I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                  Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

morning all
                    my sister sent me this link. get your binocs ready!

Jupiter and Saturn will look like a double planet just in time for Christmas - CNN

hope everyone is well.
                    Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

MAE ALL...

Although my mental health improved on Wednesday my physical health went to shit. I had woken up with a swollen nose and red puffiness along the top of my cheeks. Not having any medical knowledge it felt like a sinus infection. By dinner time I became extremely warm and just went to bed. I did get a normal nights sleep and when I woke up Thursday my nose was still swollen but the puffiness along the top of my cheeks had decreased. The redness had moved down the inside of my cheeks around my nose and mouth. I had a virtual meeting with the boss and told him what was going on and that I was going to contact my doctor after the call. He suggested I get a covid test just to be safe. Slept for awhile and when I woke up had a fever of 100.4 (got the boys to pick up a thermometer) and took an Aleve and went back to reading/sleeping. By 7pm my temperature was down but the entire right side of my face was red/swollen and I could feel bumps just under the skin. It was a little disturbing to say the least. I did not hear from my doctor yesterday so will try again today or maybe phone healthlink and talk to an RN. No fever this morning and the swelling has gone down but it's still red.
                      Sorry for not responding individually but I just wanted to let you know why I didn't post yesterday. Hopefully I'll be back to normal posting soon. Stay safe out there....:smile:PPQP

Comment

hiya all how are we then? good I hope ..well it started snowing last night ..and yep we are snowed in at the moment ..Used to be good with the 4wd ..but no need for it now..have you seen the latest one ..thundersnow!!

'Thundersnow' hits Edinburgh as residents report loud explosions | UK news | The Guardian

the cops were deluged with reports of bombings! well the first load of vaccine entered Britain yesterday ...and all of sudden it be proud weve done it ..done what it was Europeans that discovered the vaccine ..we couldnt with our govt organise a piss up in a brewery..anyways..

ppqp ...how are you today ...mebbes we should see if we can get an international surgery on the go ..have you found out what it was?

hiya Sam the man hope you are ok mate .

hiya pauly ...you ok girl? hope so

Lav ta for the pics ..I was on my trains earlier as well as listening to Bowie and Pink Floyd

got to shoot and make the trough laters all
                        af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Greetings Abbers,

Cold & raining here but no snow. We’re actually having a nor’easter blow thru later with more rain & wind. I really think i’d rather just have snow, haha!!
                          Working on bunches of lace ornaments still so I’ve been busy.

Pauly, hope your day was good. Yep, we love going to Longwood Gardens even in a pandemic.

Sam, I’m looking forward to the planet show 12/21, a real Christmas star, first in 800 years!!!

PQ, sorry you’re not feeling well. The short lived fever tells me you probably have some viral thing. All the nasal/sinus congestion is irritating I know. I remember hot steamy showers helping with all that & maybe some nasal decongestants if you can take them. Drink lots of warm liquids too. Hope it clears up quickly.

Mick, those outdoor train displays at Longwood are always fascinating. Of course they had a Thomas engine, haha!!
                          Thundersnow is cool, we get that sometimes. I hope the vaccinations for the healthcare workers & first responders get under way asap!!

Hello Det, where are you?

Cyn, I have all kinds of snowflakes flying around in my workshop, Lol

Hello to anyone else stopping by & wishing everyone a nice night!
                          Lav
                          AF since 03/26/09
                          NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Mae everybody, PQ, hope you're ok, jeez that came on fast! Lav, yep I'm sure your visit to Longwood brought some normalcy for a bit, Sam, I'm worried about those planets lining up the way this year has been haha, Mick,crazy story I love a good lightening storm too, much love to the gang and wishes for a great BF Saturday!
                            Last edited by paulywogg; December 5, 2020, 09:20 AM.
                            I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                            Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

afternoon all how are we doing today then ? after yesterday ,,,snow virtually melted and def a winter sun. Bright and cold ..so what are we all up to then?Big panics over here re the covid vaccine..a lot say they arent going to have it ..we shall see ..they start doing them over here next tuesday .

hiya pauly hows you then ?yep a good lightning story ...it always brightens the place up!! hope you have a good weekend ...

hiya ppqp how are you then?hope all is well ...did you find out what the redness is ?an allergy or infection?hope itsorts itself out for you .what are you up to this weekend ?

hiya Lav and hows you then today? all good?has the drone pilot been out today?Snow has all gone nearly from here ...hope you have a good weekend Im feeling really tired today ...

big hello to everyone else

Brexit negotiating teams have been working long hours this week and as a result have been ordering in late night take-aways.

On Monday Barnier ordered the classic French dish boeuf bourguignon, he gave Frost half of it. It was a good meal and both enjoyed it immensely.

On Tuesday it was Frost’s turn to order so he went for the classic cod, chips and mushy peas.. As they sat down to divvy up the meal, Barnier leaned over and took almost all of the fish off Frost’s plate.

Frost immediately objected but Barnier simply retorted “No.....that’s how it’s going to be from now on”.

The mayor of Liverpool is a disgrace to the city.

I mean, a scouser with a job? Shame on you.

Napoli are to rename their stadium after Diego Maradona.

Home games will now be played at 'The Coke Snorting Cheat Stadium'

I've bought a lot of crap this month before Christmas.

I can't believe at this time my wife wanted the garden manured.

Comment

Good evening friends,

Rain has gone & now we have windy cold weather blowing in, just like winter.
                                Nothing special going on here. I’ve been watching my son’s Golden Retriever since yesterday & he just texted he’s on his way from work to pick her up. Yesterday DIL, grandsons & her Dad drove to FL for the trial Monday for the guy who killed her mother back in February. I hope they slam his reckless ass in jail for a while. Doesn’t seem right that he’s been living free all this year after what he did.
                                Making progress on making ornaments & cooked a 6.5 lb chicken in the iP in 33 minutes haha!

Pauly, hope your day was good!

Mick, those early snows never seem to hang around long, just as well. No drone flying today ~ too windy.

PQ, hope you’re feeling better today & found some relief from the sinus congestion. I have to be honest, I stopped getting those sinus events after my head surgery 20 years ago. It was like some miracle or possibly a trade off? Who knows?

Hello to all the missing folks & hope everyone is OK.
                                Have a nice night all!

Lav
                                AF since 03/26/09
                                NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Working...
                                X