Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 20 dec

Greetings everyone,

Pierogie are done & stored in my garage fridge. Will cook & eat tomorrow, yum.
    Daughter & granddaughter came out today for a short visit & gift exchange, so nice to see them. Sent then home with half a babka, delicious.

PQ, I also saw that picture of the sandstone rock, just beautiful.
    My chore list is now complete (as far as I know). I will be sending YB to pick up the fresh kielbasa tomorrow but that’s it. Son & his family coming for dinner & gifts tomorrow. At some point tomorrow night we will be getting a big blustery rain storm. Not exactly Christmasy weather, oh well. Stay home & enjoy your time off now

Mick, like Julie I did end up using gift bags where i could & I bought some shirt boxes with Santa scenes on them too. I am not ashamed haha!!
    That’s nice you can bring Julie’s dad over for Christmas, I’m sure he’ll enjoy the visit.
    Keep yourself & the bunnies dry.

Hello to Det, Pauly, Sam & Pie.

Have a nice night all!

Lav
    AF since 03/26/09
    NF since 05/19/09
    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Love to all! More tomorrow!

Comment

hiyaall ..hope we are well.Ive blocked the chimney up in case anyone tries to sneak down it ...and if he des I have laced the cookie and the carrot with laxatives ...how are we all doing ?hope all is good .

I dont know what part my friend lives in but I will find out ppqp..

Hiya Lav ,hope all is good with you ..

Tee Gee ...you havent had a good year at all...slight exaggeration ,but I respect you totally for your sheer guts courage and positivity .

and the same for everyone else ..in world full of fear worry anger frustration ...we have all done well

and finally ..cos its Christmas ....

20201224_164632.jpg

It's that cold I've just seen a copper cover himself with a blanket,

"Don't even think about saying it, " he said to me.

My mind is exceptionally quiet this morning, now I'm worried it's up to something it doesn't want me to know about.

Has this Covid-19 been caused by not forwarding a text message to 10 different people?

Twas Christmas Eve in the White House. Melania was reading a magazine, Eric was doing a coloring-in book, and Donald was brooding.
        "I can't think of a suitable Christmas present for my evil henchmen, Roger Stone and Paul Manafort. Melania! Any suggestions?"
        "Pardon?" asked Melania.
        "Great idea!!!" replied Donald. "Eric! Isn't that a great suggestion?"
        "Pardon me?" asked Eric.
        "Sure! You're gonna need it!"

In the film Way Out West, Oliver Hardy enters the bar to look for Mary Roberts, the daughter of a deceased prospector, to hand her the deeds to a gold mine. Suddenly director James Horne yells “Cut, where the hell is Stanley ?”
        Without batting an eyelid Oliver deadpans “He’s out front trying to parallel park the horse”.

I nipped out to do some last minute Christmas shopping earlier and my missus said, "I need you to get me some Washing powder, Bleach, and a set of Toilet rolls."

She can bloody wait until she opens her presents tomorrow.

Santa's elf goes to the doctors and says" I'm feeling down feeling low all the time". Doctor replies " seems like you got low elf a steam".
        af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

MAE ALL...

Lav...sounds like you're well organized for your dinner tonight. I'm also having perogies for supper but I didn't make them. LOL Glad you got a visit in with your daughter and g/daughter yesterday. I hope the storm doesn't cause any trouble for you.

Mick...glad you've got the house well guarded, LOL I love the peskie's ornaments.

Just been putzing around so no drama going on here. Hope everyone has a peaceful evening....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Mae all - happy Christmas eve - or Day for you, Mick! - The plan to bring Julie's dad sounds good - that is very kind of you two... loved the bunny treats, adorable! I was having a hard time yesterday, and some today too... and when I heard your voice on the FB messenger this evening it was like a Christmas treat! So glad to hear the real Scots accent... I will be replaying that often. Thank you!

Lav, you are amazing, all that you get done! I hope your dinner is truly enjoyed by all... I'm sure that the present-unwrapping will take only a moment! Nice that you saw your girls also... get some rest tomorrow, right?

PPQ - wow,that's a lot of snow!! Glad you could get out and get around... the warmth and the rain today has taken our snow down to about 6 inches... I just hope there is a little left for tomorrow so that it feels more like Christmas... it's a big blow right now...

Sending all holiday happiness thoughts to everybody - I know that it's a crazy time for families... stay well and be safe!

Comment

Greetings Abbers,

Oh boy I am tired but everyone left happy & well fed, haha!! I admit to wearing my memory foam Slippers all day because my feet have been so tired & achy lately. I don’t think anyone noticed, at least they didn’t say anything. Food was good, kids happy with their gifts, adults too I think.

Mick, love the ornaments for the bunnies. My dog got a peanut butter paw shaped treat & she ate the entire thing in one sitting haha!

PQ, I am thankful for the organizational skills I learned way back in Nursing school. They have helped me in all areas if my life, even putting together large dinners. Of course now I’m a lot more tired after I do these things, youth does have it’s advantages. Hope your day was relaxing!!!

Cyn, you are so right about the gift unwrapping - 30-60 seconds & they are done, haha!!!
              I think everyone left full & happy. My DIL’s dad was here as well. He’s been on his own since the car accident in February that took his wife’s life. Sad time for him but he seems to be doing OK.
              It’s truly a tough year for so many. Remember you have all of us, just a message away if needed :hug:

Pauly, Det ,Sam & Pie, wishing you a Merry Christmas, hope you check in soon.

Have a good night all!
              Lav
              AF since 03/26/09
              NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Merry christmas morning everyone!!!!!!!!
                af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Merry Christmas Abbers!
                  I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                  Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Merry Christmas to the gang...:smile:PPQP

Comment

Merry and happy Christmas to you all good friends!!
                      Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

thats it ...thats all we need !!!just to let everyone know you are well ..so all the missing millions let us know you are ok ...

BREAKING NEWS : Cornwall has been placed into TIER 4 lockdown after hundreds of pirates returned home to Penzance to celebrate Christmas with their families...

Apparently the aaarrrr rate has increased dramatically!

The lockdown whilst causing financial hardship for so many has actually earned me a fortune. I have a business that rents out
                        book cases installed behind everyone who is interviewed on television regarding Covid or Brexit

Santa was a bit tardy with his rounds overnight and Northumbria police finally managed to catch up with him at the village of Pity Me. He was apprehended as requested by a European arrest warrant on a variety of charges..
                        He is a serial offender as far as data legislation goes, keeping long lists of data about every ‘customer’, without their permission, is currently against EU law. He drinks and drives, he has no lights in his vehicle, he exceeds the speed limit and he takes livestock across national borders. He is so fat that he damages chimneys so is guilty of breaking and entering. He breaks flying regulations, entering no fly zones and reckless low altitude flight.

According to BBC News the Queen and Duke of Edinburgh are spending Christmas at Windsor Castle this year due to Covid fears, just the 2 of them.

Or just the 143 of them if you include the servants.

My son doesn't want a PlayStation 5 for Christmas. He's just found one behind the wardrobe.

I must lay off the Christmas sherry.
                        Sitting here getting pissed watching the telly and I've just adopted a snow leopard.

2000 drivers at Dover have been tested. 3 are positive but have no symptoms. This virus is really getting a grip.

After seeing a palm reader, I gave him my money.

He held the note up to the light and frowned. "This is fake," he said.

I said, "Now you know what it feels like."

10 coos in a field, which one is from the Middle East

Coo eight.

Who's the coolest guy in hospital? The Ultra sound bloke.

A man walks into a bar - ouch

Two cows in a field, one says to the other "don't you worry about this mad cow disease?"

The other says " why would it worry me? I'm a sheep

Dog walks into a bar and orders a pint and a packet of crisps." Wow" says the barman, "You should be in a Circus"

Dog, "Why" "Are they looking for Electricians"

Two pieces of vomit walking down the road, one says to the other " see that shop doorway?" Aye says the other, what aboot it? "That's where I was brought up!"

Guy walks into a bar and orders a pint of lager and a pie.

Barman says "sorry mate I'm all out of pies"

"Ok" the guy replies "give me a packet of crisps instead"

He drinks the pint, puts the crisps on his head and makes for the exit.

"Excuse me mate" the barman calls after him "why have you put the crisps on your head?"

"Because your all out of pies"

I made a typing mistake when trying to upload a calendar app to my phone.

I ended up with a colander app.

All it does is drain the battery.

Why don't pirates have any painkillers?

Because the parrots-eat-em-all

Comment

Merry Christmas Abbers,

Had a blessed day of doing nothing, just what I wanted haha!!
                          I did make a pot of ham & bean soup for dinner. Used the IP & it was done in 45 minutes. Can’t throw away a good ham bone, right?
                          The rain last night was heavy, 2 inches worth then we had snow flurries for an hour or two when the temp dropped.

Just wanted to wish everyone a Merry Christmas & a much better 2021.
                          Have a decent night!

Lav
                          AF since 03/26/09
                          NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Mae all! Curiously busy day doing nothing that I can remember... mostly I suppose trying to keep busy so I don't think too much, or remember too much. Caught some online Christmas music concerts, took the dog for a drive. But it blew a hooly here last night for hours on end... sounded like a train was coming through the window... also rained, so all the snow we had is now gone, sad. Blowy rainy darkish day. Oh well... gave me a chance to light some candles and find some peace.

Wishing all some peacefulness... will maybe gave more news tomorrow...

Cheers for a happy Christmas...

Comment

And hello everyone hope we all managed to get over Christmas Day ok it's only Boxing Day already and I'm sick of food full stop it was a very quiet day here yesterday Julie's dad was here and I think he enjoyed himself and to me that's what it was all about. I was actually dreading at but it turned out a lot better than I thought.
                              Hello tree girl and how are you today question mark hope you found peace in your music. I must say though I am really impressed your dog can drive? Take care thinking of you

Hiya lav and how are you today then? I think we are just about to start Turkey curry Turkey soup turkey sandwiches Turkey ice cream Turkey Turkey garnished with pork pies and pigs in blankets. Yes there's no starting over here yesterday but didn't last too long hope you are well

Hiya ppqp.. hope all is ok with in sunny Canadia did you have a quiet Crimbo ?

Hiya pauly did you have a good one? I hope so

Sam the Man lovely to see my friends take care and look after yourself the best to you for next year

Comment

MAE ALL...

Lav...sounds like your Xmas day was perfect. Put a turkey breast in the crock pot and it turned out great. Just have to figure out how to put together a turkey/brussel sprout casserole for tonight's dinner. I'm sure I can make something up. It has just started snowing again but not supposed to amount to much. Main roads are ok but residential streets are still a mess. Hopefully they'll be able to get to them soon.

TG...I've had those kind of days too. I'm glad you got through it ok. :hug: Keep those candles lit and stay out of the rain.

Mick...had a real quiet Christmas day just me and the boys. Had a few phone calls from family so was able to catch up with everyone. I'm glad Julie's dad enjoyed himself I'm sure it made Julie feel good too. It has been sunny here which I think makes a lot of difference in my moods. Just staying the course.

Det...been thinking of you. Was the plan to get moved to Utah before Christmas? I think it was. Hope everything went well and that you're starting to get settled.

Shout out to Pi, Sam and Pauly...thinking of you guys.

Got to do some internet surfing and see what I can come up with for my casserole tonight. Have a peaceful day all....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Working...
                                X