27th December

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 27th December

hiya all ...how are we today then? Hope everyone is ok ...snow is still here ,but it has frozen...still decorating here ..get it all done before the good weather comes .rabbits are out playing

hiya pauly ,we have got the same issues here

403 Forbidden

so you see all the internet has done is to join up idiots you take care of yourself xxx

hiya tee gee how are you?hope all is good ..yes I wax up the wood ..reason ? I paint with emulsion ..it gives a much flatter finish ,not like silk or vinyl..but then to protect the paint and stop it running you then polish it with wood wax ...this in turn gives an oldy fashioned antique look.

oh yes your clever dog goes to the toilet as well as drive ....Between the dog needing to go potty every 3 hours,!!! have a good day .

hiya ppqp how's you? no shoulds today?well done .yes it is frozen now ....

hiya Lav..you doing ok...yep was going to send you some snowman pics ..but he is sno more ,,,pretty cold though.. all good with you?

big shout to everyone else
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Happy hump-day ABeroos!

just going through all the chaos of remotely securing our new pad and we're mostly all set up. Selling more furniture etc
      and making trips to goodwill. Work is slow which is scary for funds but at least I have time to do all these things.

made a super yummy arugula/almond pesto and it was a big hit!

Santa got me some special olive oil so of course I had to take some wacky pics of it

pics: Shared album - London Lewis - Google Photos

will do a couple other looks just for fun maybe tonight.

sounds like everyone is holding up pretty well which is grand. Suicides and overdoses due to lockdown and economy fatigue are
      so high and frightening in so many places... sigh.... I'm afraid 2021 is going to be another huge test of will power and strength for
      an already weary populace. My heart goes out to all struggling so badly.... I can relate.

Ny's we're staying home as we always do. People here drive like clowns at the best of times, so not taking any chances. I do have a Refuge
      meeting earlier that evening but it's pretty close by.

dorking around with a music making APP for ipad... just being a geek in all ways

Great to see most everyone checking in... any lurkers? pop in and say hi

off to more adventure and figure out tonights culinary adventures....

be well loves!
      nosce te ipsum
      (Know Thyself)

Comment

Hey folks,

I’m happy to report that Christmas has been packed away for another year. After that I just sat down, no energy to spare after several crappy nights. Thanks full moon, haha!!
        We’re expecting rain for the next two days so I think I will continue to just sit.

Cyn, the cat will be disappointed tonight when she realizes there is no tree to mess around with & make all kinds of noise overnight.m Between the cat & the full moon I am exhausted haha!

Pauly, let the idiots go out & party, you don’t have to join them. I am sick hearing about people ignoring safety guidelines. Keep yourself & your family safe.

Det, you sure are busy! I imagine you’re looking for a rental & not buying property online. That would be a tough thing to do. I wish. You a lot of luck in your endeavors.
        Really liked your pesto & olive oil pics, good job

Hello to PQ, are you OK?

Wishing everyone a decent night, take care :hug:

Lav
        AF since 03/26/09
        NF since 05/19/09
        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

MAE ALL...

Pauly...good to see your post. Yup, idiots will be idiots! Hope you had a good Christmas and all is well.

Mick...you certainly have a lot more energy than me, got the tree down and haven't done anything else since. LOL No should's today, just enjoying the rest of my time off. Start working from home next week so refuse to look at anything until then.

Det...you're sounding good especially during all the chaos you're dealing with. Just remember it'll all be worth it.

Lav...we seem to be posting at the same time these days. LOL I'm good, just enjoying the rest of my time off.

Hope everyone has a peaceful night....:smile:PPQP

Comment

hiya all how are we then? All good here in tier 4 ...Front room and dining room finished decorating kitchen in progress ..the trouble is the vapours from the wax get on my chest ,got pneumonia years ago and it scarred my lungs apparently .so I need to stop sniffing it and go back to glue ...ha ha ..overcast day today ,it said it was going to snow ..but none so far ....
            take care friends

all it remains is ....

as we see 2020 out of the door
            its gone its past it is no more
            so I say to you, all and one ,
            lets have a safe and sober 21

x
            af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Mae all - wishing everyone a safe and sober (of course) New Year's Eve tonight...

Mick, I love the info about the wood painting... I have never heard of that! I have done a lot of painting in my life, and I'm kind of hoping that it is a chapter that has passed for me��. But I found it very satisfying when I did it. Glad to hear that the bunnies are behaving for a bit...

Lav, you sound worn out - Pauly too! This not-great sleep thing makes the days hard to get through... good luck and take care -

Det, good luck on your transitioning - happy that you have a group close by to pop into there, very good. Loved the pics! So festive! Enjoy playing with your geek-toys!

PPQ- what's up there in the north? You having a festive dinner tonight with the boys? Thinking of you...

I will definitely not be up at midnight tonight, so I am sending you all good wishes, and will "see"you tomorrow....

Enjoy the light...

Comment

"I'm sorry for your loss," I said to the guy taking flowers into the funeral parlour.

"Thanks mate," he laughed, "but I'm just delivering for Interflora! "

"I know, but some fkr has just stolen your van."

I stayed up all night to see where the sun went, and then it dawned on me.

Just bought a very attractive screwdriver.. it's definitely a head turner.

My wife complained that I’m obsessed with watching legal dramas.

“I’ll be the judge of that...” I told her

"Daddy, why do they always put bus stops outside shops and post offices?"

"Well, sweetheart, it's so mummy and daddy have somewhere to park our nice BMW when we need to go to the shops or post office."

Did you ever wonder why there are no dead penguins on the ice in Antarctica - where do they go?

Wonder no more!

It is a known fact that the penguin is a ritualistic bird which lives an extremely ordered and complex life.

The penguin is committed to its family and will mate for life, as well as maintain a form of compassionate contact with its offspring throughout its life.

If a penguin is found dead on the ice surface, other members of the family and social circle have been known to dig holes in the ice, using their vestigial wings and beaks, until the hole is deep enough for the dead bird to be rolled into and buried.

The male penguins then gather in a circle around the fresh grave and sing:

"Freeze a jolly good fellow".

Then they all kick him in the ice hole.

Ned was down on his luck in Las Vegas. He had gambled away all his money and had to borrow a dime from another gambler just to use the men's room.

The stall happened to be open, so he used the dime in a slot machine and hit the jackpot. He took his winnings and went to the blackjack table and turned his small winnings into ten million dollars.

Wealthy beyond his wildest dreams, Ned went on the lecture circuit, where he told his incredible story. He told his audiences that he was eternally grateful to his benefactor, and if he ever found the man he would share his fortune with him.

After months of lectures, a man in the audience jumped up and said, "I'm that man. I was the one who gave you the dime."

"You're not the one I'm looking for. I'm looking for the guy who left the stall door open!"

A Man Moves into a Nudist Colony.

He receives a letter from his grandmother asking him to send her a current photo of himself in his new location. Too embarrassed to let her know that he lives in a nudist colony, he cuts a photo in half and mails it.

The next day he discovers that he had accidentally sent the bottom half of the photo. He's really worried but then remembers how bad his grandmother's eyesight is, and hopes she won't notice.

A few weeks later, he receives a letter from his Grandmother.

It says: "Thank you for the picture. Change your hairstyle... it makes your nose look too short."

Love,

Grandma

Comment

MAE ALL...

Mick...it's bright and sunny here with no snow in the forecast so I think I win in the weather department. LOL You take it easy with all those fumes in the house. I love your little ditty about 2020 and the jokes, thanks for posting them.

TG...nope, all festive dinners are over and done with. It will be a quiet night here as usual. I'm hoping some of the snow goes. It's supposed to be above normal temps next week and I'd like to start the new year off with regular walks. I'm starting slow. LOL

Wishing everyone a Happy New Year....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Greetings everyone,

Dark & damp here today but I think I saw the sun peek thru a few times. More rain on the way I hear.
                    Evening plans include sitting down & doing nothing, haha!!

PQ, glad you aren’t being beat up by the weather for a change.
                    I look forward to restarting my daily walks with the dog. I had to stop due to foot issues, ouch. Enjoy your outings while you can

Mick, I used to paint a room & enjoy the process but I can’t anymore due to allergies. Aging is a pain in every way possible. Take it easy, you need those lungs for a long time to come!

Cyn, I hope you plan an evening just like mine doing absolutely nothing. I think that’s what we all need right now.
                    Slept a bit better last night but had an unsettling epic nightmare. I just can’t win sometimes haha.

Hello to Pauly, Det, Sam & Pie.

Wishing everyone a peaceful night & a very happy & healthy 2021!

Lav
                    AF since 03/26/09
                    NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Happy new year all -

Lav, sorry about your dream! I have been having really vivid dreams as well... night before last I was traveling on a huge and very old (like 40s) train. I got off of it to do something in a huge building, marble floors, then when I went to get back on The train I had to climb up steel girders and try to get close to the platform... I'm not sure I ever got back on! So I feel for ya! Here's to nights of sound sleep in 2021.

PPQ - enjoy your walks. I plan to get out there today - it is incredibly bright and pretty.

Det - good luck with whatever you are getting done today.

Pauly - I hope there is some brightness in this day today for you!

Mick, thanks for the laughs, always a good start...

Thank you all for your companionship...

Comment

Happy New Year Abbers!
                        I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                        Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Happy new year to all ..lets hope its a better one.went to get some more paint yesterday ,sold out ...had to go to another branch this morning ..got the last 2 tins ..It is light green ,..I asked the guy in the shop why its so popular ...the answer that colour of green is so calming ...and thru the covid it has been the most popular colour Id love to say I chose it for that but I didnt ..our rate of positives are going thru the roof again...lets hope this year is a lot better .

Comment

Happy 2021 Abbers!

It’s been a perfectly miserable weather day but that’s OK. Now we’re being threatened with freezing rain, oh boy. I closed up the chicken house early & told them I’m not coming back out again if it gets icy, haha!! I made a huge pot of vegetable chowder for dinner which went along very well with a fresh loaf of sourdough bread. That’s not too many calories, right? LOL

Cyn, glad you’re having better weather & can get out for some fresh air.
                            I did sleep better last night with no nightmares but I did wake up at some point feeling like I was freezing. It’s weird but I do that fairly often. I wonder if my circulation is trying to tell me something, who knows?

Hey Pauly, good to see you.

Mick, supply & demand issues are still going on here as well. Hopefully we will get back to ‘normal’ before the first half of the year is over.
                            The positivity count is still going here here too & I imagine we will be seeing even more within the first two weeks of the new year (post-holiday). I see how crowded the airports are on TV. & just can’t believe people & their selfish choices.

Hello to PQ, Det, Sam & Pie.

Have a nice night everyone!

Lav
                            AF since 03/26/09
                            NF since 05/19/09

Comment

MAE ALL...

TG...I've been having strange dreams too, not necessarily nightmares but I sure feel strange when I wake up. I hope you were able to get for a walk today, I ventured out for a bit myself.

Pauly...good to see you. Hope all is ok in your house.

Mick...there must have been something that drew you to that colour of green. I'm sure anything to do with home renovations is in high demand at this time. Are you going to be affected by Brexit? I'm really not sure what it's all about but keep hearing different stories on the news.

Lav...oh no, not freezing rain. Anything but that. Vegetable chowder and sourdough bread sounds like the perfect supper. And you're right, not too many calories. Sounds like you put those chickens in their place. LOL

Shout out to Pi, Sam and Det.

Didn't get up to much today and that's ok. Wishing everyone a peaceful evening....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Happy New Year indeed fellow ABeroooos!

well, it won't take much effort for 2021 to be way better than 2020 but I'm a little hesitant to get super excited just yet...

let's see, sleep issues, crap weather, paint fumes... but I'm seeing a lot of positive things popping up as well so I spose we'll all be ok.

Last night we had the occasional firework 'bang' but then at midnight we were awakened (zonked at 10:30 lol) by an absolute warzone of
                                fireworks that lasted at least 20m. some crazy people must have spent a fortune on that display. oh well, did get some sleep then we went over
                                to my Uncles place for a nice little family fun-time which was super nice and relaxing.

otherwise, just listing and selling furniture and downsizing as fast as wel can. Feeling strangely tired from lack of exercise and eating too much. moink!
                                I'd better hit the gym tomorrow for sure.

great to see everyone made it through the notorious NY's eve in one piece! I do have some very foggy and unpleasant memories from the past I could do without but
                                at least I'm makinig happy memories now. whew.

oh, a more contemporary pic of the new olive oil. not sure if I posted this one here or not. darn memory:

PIC: Shared album - London Lewis - Google Photos

be well loves!
                                nosce te ipsum
                                (Know Thyself)

Comment

Working...
                                X