10 Jan ..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 10 Jan ..

Lav...OMG I completely forgot all about the patch and nicorette gum. Too much internet! That's how my twin quit. Thanks for reminding me, I'll be picking something up tomorrow. It's been a stressful afternoon. My son's truck got broken into and various items were stolen so you can imagine the mood he's in. My neighbours, who have been quiet for awhile, sound like world war 3 is happening over there. Some of the small businesses are opening, against restrictions, and of course people are showing up. I think that all came about when several of our provincial politicians travelled abroad over Christmas after telling everyone else to stay home. Keeping TG's "To The Light" front and centre in my mind.

Comment

Mae everybody, Lav I thought of your son when they said they're gonna have extra security for the days leading up to and on the inauguration, these people are so brainwashed they just don't wanna stop! Hopefully everything goes smoothly and it's all just rumors, PQ, hope the replacement nicotine helps, smoking is harder to quit than drinking I think, Mick love the peskiest in their pic, Amy's boyfriend probably needs the rest, when my coworker had covid her main thing was fatigue, I feel like NV isn't doing a good job on this, it's like "stay home yet fly here to visit" at the same time, us as residents are supposed to stay home as much as possible yet we're open to tourists from allover, weird. Much love to all and wishes for a great BF day for us all!
      I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
      Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

MAE ALL...

Pauly...I agree with quitting smoking is more challenging than quitting alcohol. Things are crazy all over with this pandemic. I was sure hoping things would have been a lot better by this time but unfortunately we have to just keep carrying on.

Woke up to a very mean Alberta Clipper blowing through the city. Never been in a tornado but man that wind can be loud. We've had rain, snow and hail depending where in the city you are. So I've stayed put in the house, too much ice out there.

Hope everyone is having a decent day....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Hello everyone how are we tonight then question mark it is 9 at night. Today has been a really busy day. Jeeves last night decided that he wasn't going to eat anymore and went through the same poorly scenario that usually does , so I ended up giving him medication last night and again this morning and rubbing his tummy to get rid of the wind out of it because whatever he had eaten he couldn't get rid of and there was a buildup of gas in his stomach online off rabbits can't do that if you get my drift. Then I've hand fed him strands of hay and straw and you started eating them again I actually sat in the rabbit hutch for about 40 minutes until I saw him go to the toilet so success it worked full stop as for you escaping yesterday, yes that to them escaped out of the back garden and down the side of the house however I have got two fences there so they get through one they don't get through the second again the advantages of spending time as a head of security in the prison service haha then this afternoon I was at the dentist that is me signed off now he checked the last two implants and to be fair you've done a really good job on them but my hygiene check up is overdue and fortunately there was a cancellation for tomorrow morning at 10:30 so I'm back there tomorrow. And I managed to get a bit of a sniffle from somewhere I'm pretty sure it's the dry heat from the central heating in the house. Amy's boyfriend still no change however he didn't turn his nose up up to bacon sandwiches this morning when Amy made them. All the big stores over here now supermarkets etc have said they will not allow people in that are not wearing maths or cannot produce an exemption certificate , and in conjunction with that they are looking at closing down all the sneaky shops that are selling items regarded as essential despite the fact they're non-essential shot for instance I know of a nail bar and buys bread and sells it to customers that's the sort of thing they're trying to stop I apologise for it's been a quick thread but I just popped in to say hello take care everyone see you tomorrow
          af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Good evening friends,

Sunny & not as chilly today. Something is heading this way this weekend, probably rain.
            I accompanied YB to the dermatologist today where he had 4 more pre-cancerous skin lesions excised. He goes in for a check every 3 months. Then we went to Costco (right next door to the medical offices), then across the road to a big garden center. I bought him lunch at Applebees on the way home since he didn’t cry at the doctor’s office, haha.
            I am pleased that the House has impeached #45 again but it’s probably going to end there, like the last time. I love seeing all the banks & corporations removing themselves from anything Trump related, even the PGA at his own golf course, Lol. That will sting him more than anything!!

PQ, I couldn’t have stayed quit without the nicotine replacement products. Climbing the walls is hard at this age, haha!! Stay safe while your weather is acting up, geez that’s scary!

Pauly, there’s 10,100 national guard troops deployed in DC right now & the number is likely to double for the inauguration. I hope they are armed & loaded for bear
            Seeing pictures of them sleeping on the floor in the Capitol overnight was stunning, to say the least. People in this country have lost their damn minds.

Mick, sorry to hear Jeeves (and you) had a hard time. You surely have a good bit of experience with this now & knew how to help him - good job!
            Everywhere we went today had a sign on the door reminding us of the state mandated mask requirement. I honestly did not see a single person without one.
            Good luck at the dentist AGAIN tomorrow, haha!

Hello to Det, Sam, Cyn & Pie.

Have a good night all!
            Lav
            AF since 03/26/09
            NF since 05/19/09
            Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Mae all... I listened to a meditation about the New Moon last night, and apparently today we move into Aquarius... until today, the stars were lined up just like it was 2020... and didn't it just feel that way? So, maybe we will get some relief in the coming weeks...

Lav, you never have to apologize! The Salons are there for you! Not the other way around... But this Sunday will be fun - 2 violinists, a fabulous French horn player, and jazz great Chris Brubeck... a few short performances plus some good video clips...

PPQ - how are your symptoms today... I am a little worried about what you described... a lot of Covid cases start with eye inflammation, and feel like colds. If it continues, please get a test... we need you well! Do you have an oximeter? Are you checking your oxygen? Thinking about you...

Mick, ditto Lav, good job on helping out poor bunny... glad that it worked. I tried out my circular walk today... I like it, I did 3 circles around the yard, each getting smaller, then I did 7 circles around the huge old tree... I done know why, it just felt right. I have a hard time "grounding" so I think this will be a useful way to wxwercise a little. Interesting about the prison...

Pauly, hang in there hon, this is a long haul. And yes, it seems to be getting worse - probably all the Xmas parties... so sad. Ireland sounds as if they are in absolutely dire straights... hope we don't go there...

Det, good luck!!! Sam, hoping all is well. Hello to Pi.

I was also very blue and out of sorts yesterday... hopefully this new moon, and the stars in Aquarius, will give us a break.

To.The.Light. ❤️

Comment

Treegirl......hve youever heard of the rhyme "here we go round the mulberry bush" The rhyme was first recorded by James Orchard Halliwell as an English children's game in the mid-nineteenth century.[1] He noted that there was a similar game with the lyrics "Here we go round the bramble bush". The bramble bush may be an earlier version, possibly changed because of the difficulty of the alliteration, since mulberries do not grow on bushes.[2]

Halliwell said subsequent verses included: "This is the way we wash our clothes", "This is the way we dry our clothes", "This is the way we mend our shoes", "This is the way the gentlemen walk" and "This is the way the ladies walk".[1]

The song and associated game is traditional, and has parallels in Scandinavia and in the Netherlands (the bush is a juniper in Scandinavia).[3]

Local historian R. S. Duncan suggests that the song originated with female prisoners at HMP Wakefield. A sprig was taken from Hatfeild Hall (Normanton Golf Club) in Stanley, Wakefield, and grew into a fully mature mulberry tree around which prisoners exercised in the moonlight.[4] The mulberry tree died during 2017 and was cut down and removed on 7 May 2019.
                af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Hello everyone and how are we today then? Hope all is well with everyone. Just got back from the dentist all sparkling sparkling and shining again . it was kind of crazy you going to the dentists surgery the take your temperature and you are given a little bag with a mask and a pair of gloves to put on. After this you sit and wait to get called through there I am all masked up and the receptionist comes up and asks if I want a cup of coffee nice idea but haven't worked at how I'm going to drink it with a mask on yet . it is now snowing over here too.

Hello tree girl how are you today then? So we move into Aquarius today ? In this cold weather I'm moving nowhere. Rabbit is doing well today day.com I just need to be really careful on what he eats. Take care and look after yourself

Hiya lav and how are you? Hope all is well. Thanks for the snow by the way. Over here we had numerous politicians on today, and none of them can decide what the rules are for where you go exercising . Yes you've seems back to normal again until the next time haha you take care and look after yourself

Hiya ppqp and pauly. .hope you are ok too.take care x

I was checking my son's essay about the countryside, he kept writing the word 'hll'.

I told him to never forget the hills have 'i's.

Go on, give Trump another month or so.

He's on a hat trick.

I've just bought a Liverpool shirt, and it's the best thing, so far, for social distancing.

Cosmetic surgery clinics, nail salons, hair salons, waxing centres and tanning places are all closed again due to yet another lockdown. Watch out guys, it’s about to get ugly out there.

Andy Murray has tested positive for being a boring bstard

ME: You gonna finish that?
                  SURGEON: If you lay back down I will

Pretend you're Oliver Twist by taking your empty hamper to Boris and saying,

"Please sir, I want some more. "

Tier 20 is where Boris Johnson peeks through your window at night.

As the coffin was being lowered into the ground at a traffic wardens funeral, a voice from inside screams "I'm not dead, I'm not dead, LET ME OUT!"

The Vicar smiles, leans forward, sucking air through his teeth and mutters " Too f@cking late pal, the paperworks already done!"

An ambitious new sales rep for Heineken beer traveled all the way to Rome and managed to get an audience with the Pope himself.

As soon as the two were alone together, the rep leaned over and whispered, "Your Holiness, I have an offer I think might interest you. I'm in a position to give you one million dollars if you'll change the wording in the Lord's Prayer from 'Our Daily Bread' to 'Our Daily Beer.' What do you think?"

"Absolutely not," said the shocked Pope.

"Hey I understand, it's a big decision," sympathized the salesman. "How about five million dollars?"

"I couldn't think of it," sputtered the Pope.

"I know it's a tough one. Tell you what, I have been authorized to go up as high as fifty million dollars, " proposed the salesman, "but that's our final offer. You have 21 days to think it over."

Asking the salesman to leave the room, the Pope called in one of his top Cardinals and whispered, "When does our contract with the bread company expire?"

The Secret Service issued new rules of conduct for agents Friday:

1. You can no longer get drunk
                  2. Procure hookers
                  3. Frequent GoGos or strip bars.

Addendum: The rules also say that from now on, if agents feel compelled to engage in such behavior, they can run for public office like everyone else.

After eleven attempts a wife finally passed her driving test.

Her husband asks, "Now that you have a licence, what can I get you as a reward?"

The wife cheerfully replies, "Oh, just something cheap to run around in."

So after thinking for a while, the husband goes out to the local Walmart and buys her some trainers.

He saw the iron coming but was too late to duck...

Today I caused a commotion at the local supermarket...

When the cashier said "strip down and face me" she was referring to my credit card

During a dinner party, the hosts’ two little children entered the dinning room totally nude and walked slowly around the table. The parents were so embarrassed that they pretended nothing was happening and kept he conversation going. The guests cooperated and also continued as if nothing extraordinary was happening.

After going all the way around the room, the children left, and there was a moment of silence at the table, during which one child was heard to say, “You see, it is vanishing cream!”

The drill sergeant making his morning announcements to a group of newcomers in a training camp, stated: "Today, gentlemen, I have some good news and some bad news.

First, the good news Private Peters will be setting the pace on our morning run.”

With this the platoon was overjoyed, as Private Peters was overweight and terribly slow...

...but then the drill sergeant finished his statement:

"Now for the bad news. Private Peters will be driving a truck".

Bubba and Johnny Ray, two good ole boys from North Carolina, were sitting' on the front porch drinking beer when a large truck hauling rolls and rolls of sod went by.

"I'm gonna do that when I win the lottery", said Bubba.

"Do what" asked Johnny Ray?

"Send my grass out to be mowed", answered Bubba.
                  Last edited by Mick; January 14, 2021, 02:56 PM.

Comment

Good evening friends,

Cyn, thanks for the explanation, today truly felt different, better
                    I pushed myself to get back to work & have been working on embroidery orders, you can look for a message soon. Glad your circle meditation is a go for you!!!!
                    I will try to get b ack to the music this weekend, thanks.

Mick, now that your teeth are all shiny & new I think we should insure them against accidental damage, haha! Glad you got everything done!
                    I’m waiting to see how many politicians get fined for refusal to walk thru the metal detector at the Capitol. Looks like a good way to get some quick cash LOL
                    We are definitely enjoying mild weather this week, it was 50 something today & dry. Next week it will probably all go to hell.

PQ, hope you are doing OK.

Pauly, hope your day was good too!

Hello to Det, Sam & Pie.

Have a nice evening everyone!
                    Lav
                    AF since 03/26/09
                    NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Mae all.

Kinda crabby here in the NE, so I'll be short... but Mick, I had quite a snort over "strip down and Face me"! Thanks for that.

Lav, glad to hear that you are getting back to work... no one assumes you'll be idle for long!

Wishing all well, health and safety.

Hopefully the nicer Treegirl will be back tomorrow...

Comment

good morning all..how are we then this morning ?its -6 here this morning ..pretty cold..had to take Jeeves to the vet this morning ...he was bright and chirpy but wasnt eating ,nothing in ,lots out ..not good ..so took him to the vet ..I just got there ,and he hadnt eaten at all,sitting in the waiting room watching him munching the hay in the travel box ..so getting him checked anyway.Foggy and sunny ..how does that work ?Fence panels arrived this morning,so I will put them in over the weekend .

hiya teegee..how are we today then?hope all iswell with you today....hope it is a good weekend for you.

hiya Lav,how are you then today?hope all is good with you ...did you say a metal detector ...or a mental detector..if it is the latter then it would never stop beeping!!!!Yep shiny shiny teef now ..next check up 6 months time .you have a good weekend

hiya rest of the gang how are you then??

Two Scots were each having a Kentucky Special when the first guy, a Glaswegian, started to gag!

"I---I think I've swallowed a bone" he coughed and gasped.

His pal said "Hey Jimmy, are you choking"?

"No, you tosser, I'm fkn' serious"!

The lecture was about the development of the American auto industry.

The teacher emphasized the role played by Henry Ford, whose assembly lines decreased production costs.

At the end of the lecture, she gave a test including the question: “What did Henry Ford invent that made buying a car more affordable?”

Little Johnny wrote: “0% financing.”

Paddy goes into a florist and says, I would like to buy a bunch of flowers for my girlfriend.

The florist looked at him and said, "Certainly Sir, what is it you're after"?

Paddy replies...

"sex"

A college pizza delivery guy arrived at Harry's house. He knocked on the door and Harry answered.

After taking the pizza, Harry asked: "What is the usual tip"?

"Well", replied the delivery guy, "this is my first trip here, but the other guys say if I get a quarter out of you, I'll be doing great".

"Is that so" snorted Harry? "Well, just to show them how wrong they are, here's five dollars".

"Thanks", replied the delivery guy, "I'll put this towards my college fund".

"What are you studying in college" asked Harry?

The delivery guy smiled and said: "Psychology".

I went fishing this morning but after a short time I ran out of worms.

Then I saw a cottonmouth snake with a frog in his mouth.

Frogs are good bass bait.

Knowing the snake couldn't bite me with the frog in his mouth I grabbed him right behind the head, took the frog, and put it in my bait bucket.

Now the dilemma was how to release the snake without getting bit.

So, I grabbed my bottle of Jack Daniels and poured a little whiskey in its mouth.

His eyes rolled back, he went limp. I released him into the lake without incident and carried on fishing using the frog.

A little later, I felt a nudge on my foot.

It was that snake, with two more frogs...

First Guy: "Now my old grand daddy, he knew the exact day of the year that he was going to die. It was the right year too. Not only that, but he knew what time he would die that day, and he was right about that too".

Second Guy: "Wow, that's absolutely amazing. Was he psychic? Just how did he know all that"?

First Guy: "The Judge told him".

A newly married sailor was informed by the navy that he was going to be stationed a long way from home on a remote island in the Pacific for a year. A few weeks after he got there he began to miss his new wife, so he wrote her a letter.

"My love," he wrote "we are going to be apart for a very long time. Already I'm starting to miss you and there's really not much to do here in the evenings. Besides that we're constantly surrounded by young attractive native girls. Do you think if I had a hobby of some kind I would not tempted"?

So his wife sent him back a harmonica saying, "why don't you learn to play this"?

Eventually his tour of duty came to an end and he rushed back to his wife. "Darling" he said, "I can't wait to get you into bed so that we make passionate love"!!!

She kissed him and said, "First let's see you play that harmonica".

More Medical Reports
                        Allegedly sentences actually typed by Glaswegian medical secretaries

The patient has no previous history of suicides.

Patient has left her white blood cells at another hospital.

Patient's medical history has been remarkably insignificant with only a 40 pound weight gain in the past three days.

She has no rigors or shaking chills, but her husband states she was very hot in bed last night.

Patient has chest pain if she lies on her left side for over a year.

On the second day the knee was better and on the third day it disappeared.

The patient is tearful and crying constantly. She also appears to be depressed.

The patient has been depressed since she began seeing me in 1993.

Discharge status:- Alive, but without my permission.

Healthy appearing 69-year old male, mentally alert, but forgetful.

Patient had waffles for breakfast and anorexia for lunch.

She is numb from her toes down.

While in ER, she was examined, x-rated and sent home.

The skin was moist and dry.

Occasional, constant infrequent headaches.

Patient was alert and unresponsive.

Rectal examination revealed a normal size thyroid.

She stated that she had been constipated for most of her life until she got a divorce.

I saw your patient today, who is still under our care for physical therapy.

Both breasts are equal and reactive to light and accommodation.

Examination of genitalia reveals that he is circus sized.

The lab test indicated abnormal lover function.

Skin: somewhat pale, but present.

The pelvic exam will be done later on the floor.

Large brown stool ambulating in the hall.

Patient has two teenage children, but no other abnormalities

When she fainted, her eyes rolled around the room.

The patient was in his usual state of good health until his airplane ran out of fuel and crashed.

Between you and me, we ought to be able to get this lady pregnant.

She slipped on the ice and apparently her legs went in separate directions in early December.

Patient was seen in consultation by Dr. ‘Smith’, who felt we should sit on the abdomen and I agree.

The patient was to have a bowel resection. However, he took a job as a stock broker instead.

By the time he was admitted, his rapid heart had stopped, and he was feeling better.

The wife asked me what I was doing on the computer last night.

I told her I was looking for cheap flights.

"I love you" she said and then she got all excited!!!

She quickly undressed and we had the most amazing sex ever....

Which is rather strange because this is the first time she's shown an interest in my darts.

The Pope and Obama at the Baseball Game

After their meeting at the United Nations they attended a baseball game. Neither intended missing an opportunity to speak to the enormous crowd so each decided to say a few words before the start of the game.

The Pope and Trump were not exactly getting along well and while on the same stage in Yankee Stadium in front of the enormous crowd, the Pope leans towards Mr Orange and said, "Do you know that with one little wave of my hand I can make every person in this crowd go wild with joy? This joy will not be a momentary display, but will go deep into their hearts and they'll forever speak of this day and rejoice"!

Trump replied, "I seriously doubt that! With just one little wave of your hand....Show me"!

So the Pope backhanded Trump and knocked him completely off the stage!

The crowd roared and cheered wildly and there was much rejoicing and happiness throughout the land!

Comment

Mae everybody, Mick yep Lav had the right idea to insure those teeth haha! Cyn, sorry you were grumpy=me too on and off really tired of it, hope we get back to ourselves soon, PQ, how's things going with you? Tomorrow Romeo turns 3 can't believe it! Much love to all and wishes for a great BF Fryday!
                          I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                          Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

MAE ALL...

Frustrating day yesterday. I had lost my wired internet connection a while ago, I think my ethernet net card has bit the dust. Not surprising my laptop is 15 years old. Then my wireless connection kept dropping. So ended up going into the office to get some work done. Turned out ok as nobody else was there. Wireless connection working this morning so far so thought I'd get my post on.

I'm feeling much better, no stuffed up nose and breathing is better. I got a feeling the air quality in my house isn't the greatest. Son brought a small deep freezer home so organizing a space for it. Other son is back on his cleaning role so more shuffling of furniture so he can finish deep cleaning the carpets.

Mick...I was glad to hear Jeeves started eating again, just as well the vet checks him out anyways.

TG...hope your mood improves today, we've all been there.

Lav...I really had to push myself to get back into work mode. It really does make a difference going into the office, I get to tune out home life for awhile. Our government lifted some of the restrictions starting Monday. People are sure getting fed up with the on again, off again rules.

Pauly...I can't believe Romeo is turning 3 either. Not sure what your situation is like but will you be able to see him?

Off to get another cup of coffee, hope my internet is still up when I get back. LOL Have a good day all.....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Good evening Abbers,

Cloudy here & waiting for rain - the first in almost 2 weeks!! I was enjoying life without the mud, haha!!
                              I made a pot of lentil veggie soup this afternoon, pretty good. I think I will be meeting up with a customer this weekend to get her pillows to her. She doesn’t live too far & it’s nice to get out of the house once in a while.

Cyn, hang in there because things always get better, in time. It would be pretty easy for any of us to lose our sh*t right now with so much going on. I keep reciting the serenity prayer to myself & doing a lotof deep breathing. You take care :hug:

Mick, hope Jeeves is OK & you as well.
                              Our politicians certainly could use mental detectors LOL
                              Those medical reports would make a pretty funny radio show or movie haha!

Pauly, Happy Birthday to Romeo!! Time certainly does fly by

PQ, I suppose the ideal thing would be a few days at home followed by a few days in the office just to keep boredom away. I get slightly hysterical when I don’t have internet access, everything I do relies on a good solid connection, geez! Do you have a humidifier at home? It really helps me during the winter.

Hello to the busy Det, Sam & Pie.

Have a nice night all!
                              Lav
                              AF since 03/26/09
                              NF since 05/19/09

Comment

hiya all ..howzwee this morning? hope all is well.Dark and dismal here today,with rain.Just been to pick Jeeves up ...little sod looked in better health than me.so he is back home now happily munching away.Was going to change the fence panels today ,but they are pretty heavy these ones ..there are 2 that have to be fitted in between my greenhouse and next doors ..so I need to get someone to help ..Id hate to smash their greenhouse ..or my own for that matter .

Hiya Lav..snap ..I made a pot of leek and lentil soup..only problem is I need to leave it alone ..I make it like I used to make homebrew ...it was slurped before it was out of the pot ..Started the new series last night ...President Palmer has been assassinated ,Tonys wife Michelle was blown up, Clowie is being chased by a nut ....but never fear ..Jack is back out of hiding ...playing on the trains again this morning.

hiya ppqp..hows you then?hope all is good ..glad you are feeling better We have just bought a humidifier ..the central heating dries the air out far too much for me ..so the humidifier puts the moisture back in ...it works really well.stay safe and take care

hiya pauly ..happy birfday to Romeo..how are you doing..yep like the rest of us scunnered I know but stay with it ..things will get better ..I see Biden has got a vaccine programme in place .

hiya teegee ..you well?take care have a peaceful weekend

I observed my son starting a Zoom chat with one of his friends and greeting him like, "Yo, sup dawg?"

This is what happens when you let your child work behind the counter at KFC.

The government says it will run out of the first vaccine by march!
                                Pfizer chiefs say they "predict a riot".

Breaking news on Sky as a batch of ice cream tests positive for coronavirus.

What a scoop that is.

I lay on my death bed the other day, with my wife Tina, and my sister Marge by my side.

When I saw them getting upset I comforted them - "Don't cry for me, Marge and Tina..."

At his wit’s end, Trump has re-hired Steve Bannon (the mastermind behind his 2016 election landslide victory) in a last gasp attempt to prevent Biden’s inauguration.
                                The pair of them will appear before Judge Judy on Monday morning to argue their case

I've just checked the calendar to see upon which day my Birthday falls this year.

It's the 5th of July.

This is the 1st year I won't be running in the London marathon because of covid......I usually don't do it because I am a fat lazy git that can't run.

Comment

Working...
                                X