Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 24th

Good evening folks,

YB had a doctor appointment so I went along & waited out in the truck, haha. It was not far from our daughter’s house so we made a quick visit, dropped off a ton of eggs & headed back home, stopping at Costco for gas & a few necessities. Such excitement, Lol

PQ, sorry about your boss’s dad, I do believe some people just feel it’s time to let go & they do :hug:
    We have your frigid weather on the way here so I’ll be freezing just like you. Stay safe in the snow!

Mick, good god are on speed or something??? Haha!!! I wish I had a quarter of your energy, I could get things done!!!
    I’ve been quietly assessing things in this nearly 18 yr old house but when I mention updating something all I hear is growling. Maybe I should hire you when you’re finished with your place.
    I hope Amy continues to improve, this virus is awful. I’m now hearing recommendations to wear two masks, one disposable & one cloth for 90% efficacy. I’ll give it a try, see how it feels.
    Glad the bunnies are happy!

Pauly, I sure hope it’s just a cold your family has now. Are any of them running fevers? That would be suspicious of Covid. Keeping my fingers crossed for you.
    Took the nighttime supps last night & still didn’t sleep, haha! I give up!!!

Hello to Cyn, hope you are well!
    Hello to Det, Sam & Pie.

Have a nice night everyone.
    Lav
    AF since 03/26/09
    NF since 05/19/09
    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Mae all - just a quick shout out... still some things to accomplish tonight.

Pauly, I really hope it is just a cold... keep us posted.

Mick, ditto what Lav said, wow. Enjoy the trains when you get them back.

PPQ, yes, anyone's loss is a big mirror... maybe good, it lets any residuals escape.

Lav, I love the idea of keeping starter and using over a period of time... maybe someday! And PS - full moon tomorrow, so we know who the culprit is for no sleep...

Snowed here for about 18 hours, but on,ynaccumulated about 4 inches, strange. We'll see what the next few days bring...

Hello to Det, Sam and Pi and all others...

Embrace whatever you can with gratitude...

Comment

Hello and how are we today then ? hope everyone is well. I had to go to the shops this morning to get some bits and pieces, does anyone else do this? When I go to the shops I always write down which shop I've been to what date and time the reason for that is if it goes pear-shaped in the future at least I know when I've been and can let others know. It's flooded the garden again last night it never stopped raining all night both rabbits are safely ensconced in the garage. I've cut their kale intake down and mixing it in will the hay see if that makes a difference to his stomach disorder.
        hiya lav how are you today then? Hope all is well with you ? No I'm not on speed in fact to be honest with you you I've slowed down a real lot over the years. String clean off you coming about wearing two masks, I already do I've got a cloth one that has a lining in it and what I did was cut Delaney and slept a medical one in between the outer and inner . whether it helps or not I do not know but psychologically I guess it does. So you dropped a ton of eggs off did you ? that made a mess I suspect... ok ok I'll get my coat! Have a great day

And good day to you as well tree girl how are things with you? Did you get everything finished last night ? Did you end up with more snow last night ? Take care and look after yourself and obviously Zander

Hiya ppqp
        Sorry to hear about your bosses Dad it's a fact of life will go but it is always hurtful when it does happen full stop as for you feeling down, that happens as well it happens to us all some more than others I belong in more than others bracket without a doubt the current situation climate or anything financial economical or health wise doesn't help at all as well as the mental issues surrounding the whole thing full stop you take care look after yourself you know where I am

Hiya pauly how are you today? Hope everything is ok with you. Have you still got the cold?

Right folks it's a goodbye from me speak to you later take care
        af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Greetings Abbers,

Just cold & windy here, single digit wind chill numbers, wow!! Snow is due to arrive Monday just to make it real interesting!
          I turned the leftover turkey into a tetrazzini, all done in a single pot & dairy free of course, yum.

Cyn, I saw that big orange moon when i was closing up the chicken house, pretty but bothersome too haha. I am also dealing with an increase in foot & lower leg neuropathy which has also been destroying my sleep, geez. I’m not real anxious to see a neurologist & get put on Gabapentin for the rest of my life so I’ve ordered a bottle of herbal extracts that have good ratings for dealing with the burning & stinging, ouch. I’ll give anything a try. Wonder where your snow came from, it’s been dry here. As far as the starter goes you need to be home to keep it fed. I haven’t been anywhere so mine has been looked after. I am assuming my travel days are over anyway. Stay warm!!!

Mick, it’s sad you’ve had so much rain, your yard needs time to dry out, goodness. Glad to hear the bunnies are OK.
          I always take extra eggs to my daughter so she can share them with her neighbor. She’s a real nice woman, a nursing instructor in Philly but she’s been stuck at home for about 2 years now due to a brain tumor. She had surgery & chemo but somewhere along the long she suffered a stroke. She told me she loves the fresh eggs & they are good for her brain. She’s doing the best she can but she’ll never be able to get back to work, sad. I hope Amy is improving now!

Hello to PQ, hope you’re OK.

Hello Pauly, Det, Sam & Pie.

Have a nice night all!
          Lav
          AF since 03/26/09
          NF since 05/19/09

Comment

wow ...hiya everyone ..hope we are well today? pouring with rain here ...surprise eh?Amy phoned this morning ...feeling a bit better ..her words.."its great to be able to get up to go to the toilet,without feeling that you are going to collapse!!Her b/f till has a very bad cough .Planted up a load of bulbs and seeds ..yep more ! in the greenhouse ..outside work has come to a halt really with this weather ,Im dreading doing the bathroom but I know once I get stuck into it ..things will be ok .........(ish)

hiya Lav ....try the herbal first def...but I guessI dont have to tell you that one!!You are a good un arent you ..taking those eggs over for that lady ...hope the leg gets better soon ...my record collection has increased ..everything from Wagner and Holst all the way thru to the music of the band of the Royal Tank Regiment ..you take care ...

hiya everyone else hope all is well..

No matter what I type in google, I always end up with pictures of a big metal cube with a door and a numbered dial on it.

I think I must have ‘safe search’ on.

On the tub of ice cream I bought it said: "50% less fat".

What a con! I just ate the whole tub and I'm actually heavier.

I once had a Bounty on my head.

Hot day.

Big mistake.

My wife just got mad at me for squashing a beetle that had managed to come through the door in our house.

I said to her "I never like Ringo anyways....

I know this guy Dave at work who's a big libtard type and he was bragging today about "how he's been a pure vegan for 25 years !"

"You're wrong about that," I replied, "Several times when we went to lunch and you got up to go to the loo, I'd stick some bacon in your wrap."

My wife said she wanted a photo of her golden retriever in the river.

I don't know what use it would be when it's drenched.

The government have found out why scousers have refused to get a jab.They must have misheard and thought they were advised to get a job !

If you don't laugh out loud at this one, I give up....

Always wear clean underwear in public, especially when working under your vehicle...

From the Hamilton Spectator Daily News comes this story of a Burlington couple who drove their car to Wal-Mart, only to have their car break down in the parking lot.

The man told his wife to carry on with the shopping while he fixed the car in the lot.

The wife returned later to see a small group of people near the car. On closer inspection, she saw a pair of male legs protruding from under the chassis. Although the man was in shorts, his lack of underpants turned private parts into glaringly public ones. Unable to stand the embarrassment, she dutifully stepped forward, quickly put her hand UP his shorts, and tucked everything back into place. She then took a deep breath and stood up boldly to face the crowd. When she looked across the hood, she found herself staring at her husband, who had been standing idly by.

The mechanic, however, had to have three stitches in his forehead.

A woman takes her 16-year-old daughter to the doctor.

The doctor says "Okay, Mrs. Jones, what's the problem"?

The mother says, "It's my daughter, Debbie. She keeps getting these cravings. She's putting on weight, and is sick most mornings".

The doctor gives Debbie a good examination, then turns to the mother and says, "Well, I don't know how to tell you this, but your daughter is pregnant, about 4 months, would be my guess".

The mother says, "Pregnant?! She can't be. She has never ever been with a man! Have you Debbie"?

Debbie replied saying, "No mother! I've never even kissed a man, I'm still a virgin"!

The doctor walked over to the window and just stood, staring out of it.

After about five minutes pass and finally the mother says, "Is there something wrong out there doctor"?

The doctor replies, "No, not really, it's just that the last time anything like this happened, a star appeared in the east and 3 wise men came over the hill. There's just no way I'm going to miss it this time"!

A young Native American woman went to a doctor for her first ever physical exam. after checking all of her vitals and running the usual tests, the doctor said, "Well, Running Doe, you are in fine health. I could find no problems. I did notice one abnormality, however".

"Oh, what is that, Doctor"?

"Well, you have no nipples".

"None of the people in my tribe have nipples", she replied.

"That is amazing", said the doctor. "I'd like to write this up for The American Journal of Medicine if you don't mind"?

She said, "OK. no problem".

"First of all" asked the doctor, "how many people are in your tribe"?

She answered, "Approximately 500".

"And what is the name of your tribe", asked the doctor?

Running Doe replied, "We're called........

"The Indian Nippleless Five Hundred"!!!

Ponderism : 101
            It's true that alcohol kills people; but how many are born because of it?

A man was driving down a motorway in England with his blonde girlfriend and she piped up,"I think those people in the car next to us are from Wales".
            "Why do you think that" he said?
            "Well, the kids are writing on the window and it says:
            "stit ruoy su wohS".

Ponderism 888:
            "I promise", "I am sorry" and "I love you" all have eight letters...
            but then again, so does "bullshit".

Adam Got Caught Speeding Yesterday...
            the policeman asked him to step out of the car and walk in a straight line. Half way down he stopped Adam and said, "I'm sorry sir, but you'll have to come back to the station with me as you're staggering".
            Adam replied, "Oohh, you little tiger, you're not so bad looking yourself".

Someone knocked at my door this afternoon.
            When I opened it, I saw a guy from Domino's holding a cheese and tomato pizza.
            "I haven't ordered any pizzas," I said. "This must be a mistake."
            "I know," he replied. "Your neighbour forgot his Facebook password and wanted to show you what he was eating for lunch."

The good news about mid-life is that the glass is still half full.
            Of course the bad news is that it won't be long before your teeth are floating in it.
            af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

MAE ALL...

Had a busy and productive day yesterday. Bit of running around, popping into the office for a couple of hours to update a couple of workstations that were giving childcare a headache and drop off a condolence gift to the boss from the staff. I even managed to get a hair appointment and got rid of the mop on top of my head. Don't know where all the energy came from and no tears. Maybe it's like TG said, residual escape, it worked. It's warming up today Lav and with above normal temps this weekend I plan on being outside as much as possible.

Have a good day all and I'll check in later....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Greetings all,

Still cold & windy & still waiting for some large storm to hit Sunday & Monday. I could do without honestly.
                My younger grandson is here for the night. I told him he could use my old laptop since I got a new one for Christmas & he’s thrilled playing Roblox, haha!!

Mick, where are you putting all that rain dude? No chance of a drought for you this summer.
                Glad to hear Amy is making some progress. It’s hard when your kids are not well, I know. Slow down with the projects so you have enough to keep you busy over the rest of the winter

PQ, I am totally amazed that I actually slept pain free last night. I hesitated even going to bed after seeing that big orange wolf moon. Feeling grateful & energized today!!!
                Enjoy your warming weather, we’re not getting any of that haha!!

Hello to Cyn, hope you’re staying warm, Brrr!!

Hello to Pauly, Det, Sam & Pie.

Have a decent night all!
                LAV
                AF since 03/26/09
                NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Mae everybody, Mick glad Amy is feeling a bit better PQ, glad you had a good, productive day yesterday and no tears is a good sign, hope it sticks around, Lav, that was nice and I'll bet your grandson was happy as heck playing his Roblox, I really hope the herb supplement helps with your pain, foot and leg pain is no joke, my bones in my foot are hurting again, I had this last year where it felt like a small crack or something in my foot bone, now it's doing it on the left side, was watching something yesterday that said time goes faster when we're in a daily routine day after day with nothing to break it up, got me thinking but damn I like routine! Maybe I just need to make a small change daily, waves to Cyn and Zander, Det (where you at?) Sam and Pie, hope we all have a great BF Saturday!
                  I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                  Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

MAE ALL...

Lav...I hope you don't get clobbered. We're in for a nice weekend and our next cool down isn't till Friday. I'm glad you got a good sleep, didn't realize you were having pain issues in your legs and feet. Isn't it great to feel energized, I'll take it when I get it. I've been lucky, the only pain I get is dry skin and cracks, easy enough to fix if I just keep at it. It's great that there's an extra laptop now, he can stay off of your new one.

Pauly...any idea why you get bone pain in your feet? I experienced pain in the side of my heel and couldn't figure out what it was. Eventually it went just went away. I'll be sticking to my routines as much as I can regardless.

Mick...hope your day was a good one and glad Amy sounds a bit better.

Shout out to Det, Sam, Pi and TG

Have a good day all...:smile:PPQP

Comment

Greetings all,

My son stopped by & got his kid around 3 pm, so quiet now, haha!!
                      I made a creamy cheezy vegetable chowder (dairy free) for dinner & it was delicious. I have the recipe pinned if anyone wants to make it with the dairy. Besides the dairy I skipped the celeriac because no one sells it around here. Good soup for cold weather

Pauly, I have always beaten my feet & legs to hell with my job. I kinda knew I would be developing this pain at some point. Remember the stress fracture I had in my left foot 5 or so years ago? Yeah, that thing still hurts off & on. The nerve pain is newish & creepy. My supplement arrived today so here’s hoping for improvement.
                      I think it’s good for us to change up our routines from time to time. I don’t like feeling in a rut, I get bored. Small changes help a lot

PQ, I actually heard YB tell our son he can come over tomorrow & take the snow blower. He’s given up trying to use it because it causes him back pain. I guess we will be dependent on the 2 younger neighbors to plow the driveway. I can shovel a spot for the dog to get out & we have no sidewalks to worry about.
                      Enjoy your milder weather while you have it, haha! Nothing lasts forever, right?

Mick, hello to you & I hope everything is OK.

Hello to Cyn & Zander, Det, Sam & Pie.

Have a nice night everyone.

Lav
                      AF since 03/26/09
                      NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Hiya all..it is 1am...been a long day..this morning let the rabbits go out..was concerned about bonnie..not eating which is unusual for her..long story short..ended up at vets poorly..just had an update she is doing good..but they want to check on jeeves who has blood in his urine..too much calcium. I must have the most sensitive tummies rabbits in the world!!!.apart from that all ok here...sorry so short..went to bed early after watching 24...just trying to work out who is the worst president...trump or Logan!!!!! Take care stay safe

Comment

Mae all - sorry to be away... more long long work days. My spirit has been pretty good, though took a dip this morning, so I had to do some "inside" work to keep from going down that path... seems to have worked, crossing fingers.

Mick, loved so many of the jokes... my fav, the mechanic, and the 'must be welsh' car joke... that one is still making me laugh... thank you! Wow, Amy must have been some kinda sick to make that comment. Thank heavens she is getting better. Hope her bf hasn't gotten a secondary lung infection... it happens... Hey, btw, what the heck is "String you.." String something? You used it when writing to Lav... another Scottishism?

Pauly, god bless you for your routine. I wish I could get myself into one... I end up in a more reactive mode otherwise. Take care with your foot pain...

PPQ, glad you feel better... yes, tears DO help... a good pressure valve I think, but also there are some scientific studies... can't remember the big takeaways, but it's all good. Enjoy your warmth, 2degrees F here this morning, but clear, so I'll take it!

Lav, be careful even with that bit of shoveling... my right arm has suffered some weirdness since my big happy shoveling in December. I'm getting old! Injuries! Sheesh! Got all my groceries yesterday, so ready for the snow. Next-to-last Salon tonight... I can hardly wait for these to be done.

Strangely I slept great the night of the full moon! Then the next morning read about the Wolf Moon... very transformational... follow your heart, feel the fire in your belly. Det, it reminded me of the changes you have made... hoping all is well with you.

And shout out to Sam and Pie and all others... wishing all well in the growing light...

Comment

Working...
                          X