21 Feb

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 21 Feb

hiya all how are we then today? Hope all is well...today is a very strange day ....there is a big yellow thing in the sky ,and the ground isnt wet ..cleaned the rabbits out this morning ...that hutch is a lot longer and bigger to clean out ...its as if they had a party in there last night!

hiya treegirl ....firstly you are no dropout from the human race You have had issues to deal with that would have destroyed a lot of us ,stuck to your mantra all the way through plus dealing with the issues of covid and isolation..and the normal "run of the mill human things"...so you have my utmost respect .and like you..its sunny here .It will turn out good for you

hiya ppqp ....slept well last night feel good today ....and the sun is out .rabbits are playing ..one tunnel....

20210225_134410.jpg

20210225_134554.jpg

at the moment ,over here things (touch wood ) are on track with regards to the virus...so far over here around 19 million have had their first jab .the biggest problem over here is the right we have had our jab we can get on with life now .it apparently takes about 3 weeks for the antibodies to develop after the jab .what a number that is ...work from 6-9 am job done and the rest of the day off..excellent work life balance !! take care .b safe

hiya Pauly ...great to see ya gal ..thats my americano-jockanese accent....how are you doing ?I slept a lot better last night fanx...hope all is well with you.

hiya Lav...how are you then ?all good I hope ..any nooze on the vaccines over your way?apparently uk has given out 18 million doses so far with the second dose in 3 months ..Did you see the article on the Oxford Astra Zenica vaccine ..The French prime minister said it wasnt effective ,so the French people didt take it up ..Belgium said it was the "Aldi"of jabs ..and Germany said they werent going to use it ..and because of bad press by politicians Europe suffered ...despite the fact that it has been proved on a population sample ..over 2 million people as opposed to a clinical sample ..now those countries have had to turn tail and now are trying to get their populations to get vaccinated ..in the meantime they have wasted millions of vaccines which is scandalous ..this is areally interesting article..

Oxford Covid-19 vaccine Q&A: How effective is it, and how is it different to the Pfizer vaccine?

take care ..

right everyone take care and look after yourselves ....

What is the point of a keyless ignition in a car that won't start unless you have your keys in the car?
    Now I lose my keys in the car all the time, and if I get out without them the alarm goes off.
    Before this superb invention I didn't lose my keys ever, because I knew where they were all the time.....In the fcking ignition.

I was on a date last night. When the bill came, the lady said we should go Dutch.

So I sold her into the sex trade and went and rolled a joint

I turned up fashionably late for my Versace job interview. The women holding the mop asked me some strange questions.

'Y'know,' said the Scotsman, 'I still prefer the pubs back home. In Glasgow there's a little bar called McTavish's. Now the landlord there goes out of his way for the locals so much that when you buy four drinks he will buy the fifth drink for you.'

'Well,' said the Englishman, 'At my local, the Red Lion, the barman there will buy you your third drink after you buy the first two!'

'Ahhh, that's nothing,' said the Irishman. 'Back home in Dublin there's Ryan's Bar. Now the moment you set foot in the place they'll buy you a drink, then another, all the drinks you like.. Then when you've had enough drinks they'll take you upstairs and see that you get laid. All on the house.'

The Englishman and Scotsman immediately scorn the Irishman's claims, but he swears every word is true. 'Well,' said the Englishman, 'Did this actually happen to you?'

'Not me meself, personally, no,' said the Irishman, 'But it did happen to me sister.'

A preacher was making his rounds on a bicycle, when he came upon a little boy trying to sell a lawn mower.

'How much do you want for the mower' asked the preacher?

'I just want enough money to go out and buy me a bicycle', said the little boy.

After a moment of consideration, the preacher asked, 'Will you take my bike in trade for it'?

The little boy asked if he could try it out first and, after riding the bike around a little while, said, 'Mister, you've got yourself a deal'.

The preacher took the mower and began to crank it. He pulled on the rope a few times with no response from the mower.

The preacher called the little boy over and said, 'I can't get this mower to start.'

The little boy said, 'That's because you have to cuss at it to get it started'.

The preacher said, I can't cuss. It's been so long since I became a Christian that I don't even remember how to cuss'.

The little boy looked at him happily and said, 'You just keep pulling on that rope. It'll come back to ya'.

All women should live so long as to be this kind of old lady!

Toward the end of Sunday service, the Minister asked, 'How many of you have forgiven your enemies'?

80% held up their hands.

The Minister then repeated his question.

All responded this time, except one small elderly lady.

'Mrs. Neely?'; 'Are you not willing to forgive your enemies'?

'I don't have any'. She replied, smiling sweetly.

'Mrs. Neely, that is very unusual. How old are you'?

'Ninety-eight'. she replied.

'Oh, Mrs. Neely, would you please come down in front & tell us all how a person can live ninety-eight years & not have an enemy in the world'?

The little sweetheart of a lady tottered down the aisle, faced the congregation and said:

'I outlived the bitches'.
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Greetings Abbers,

Mick, I want to outlive the bitches too haha
      No news on a vaccine for us yet so we wait. I wish the news folks would just shut up about the 3 approved vaccines over here & maybe do something to help with the distribution. That would be nice.
      I had one of those tunnel things here for the grandkids but they outgrew it pretty fast. Your bunnies must love that thing especially if there’s treats inside. Glad you saw the sun today, we did as well.

Cyn. Sorry you are facing all that BS right now, no one needs that. This has been a tough time for all but especially for you. Sending you a great big hug :hug:
      Hope your drumming class helps a whole lot!!

PQ, if you can cram a full day’s work into 3 hours then good for you!!
      We are in melting mode here but the mud is increasing at an alarming rate, haha. Hope you enjoyed the rest of your day.

Hello to Pauly, Det, Sam & Pie.

Think I’ll go back to my machines for an hour or two.
      Have a nice night all!
      Lav
      AF since 03/26/09
      NF since 05/19/09
      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Mae all -

Just to say that I am hanging in OK... hope everyone here is too... good to hear about sun and melting, Same is going on here.

More tomorrow...
        Feel the light...

Comment

Heya ABerooos!

just a quickie here for garlic-breath as I'm feeling a bit whiped from a cold (or something) and crap sleep. yawn...

Tree, isolation is dreadful and I'm glad I'm not doing that anymore. do whatever you can to connect xxxooo

Had a formal interview for a permanent photo position with a big outfit yesterday which was a bit stressy. Haven't worn my
          suit since the DNC speeches of last year. Hopefully I'll hear by Mon or Tue...

the ladies are doing fine happy to say and now I spose it's time to figure out our weekend adventures and see more of this
          incredibly beautiful state.

Mick, mega kudos to the Brit TV guy that went off script recently. You can find it on YT if you search for "Oppression Obsession"
          hysterical and prescient.

anybody cooking new/crazy things? I need to think about that too...

but first... coffee....

I really need to learn how to take naps... oh well.

be well loves!
          nosce te ipsum
          (Know Thyself)

Comment

hiya all ...how are we today? really sunny day over here..got quite a bit of work done ...window frame sealed ,Julies dressing table cleaned down sanded and oiled up .couple of jobs done on railway ,started taking the bathroom apart for cushion flooring to go down .

Det great to see you mate ..you doing ok?best of luck with the job mate hope its got your name on it .havent seen that yet but will look .glad life is doing good for you mate .

hiya Lav...hope you enjoyed your day?the bunnies def love that tunnel they have 3 of them..Yep politicians have a lot to answer for in this lockdown by both action or nonaction and inference stay safe ..

hiya teegee ..hope you feel better today ...

hipauly and ppqp ...take care

make people think you've trodden in dog sht by wiping marmite on the sole of your shoe and shouting " oh no, ive stood in dog sht"..as you march on their carpet.

I don't go back to my hometown very often because I've burned too many bridges. And also because I am wanted for bridge arson

Sit your kids on your doorstep with a packet of crisps and a bottle of coke to prepare them for the pubs reopening on June the twenty first.

A teaspoon of Marmite spread on his bottom adds a nice touch for a badly wounded Action Man who isn’t as hard as he thinks he is.

"Dave, come see!" shouted my wife, rubbing her belly. "Your son just kicked."

"That's lovely," I smiled, "I love these little signs of youth."

"Well, I don't!" She groaned, pushing our 4 year old away. "Stop teaching him karate."

I went for a job as a labourer on a nearby building site.
            The gaffer said ‘Can you make a cup of tea?’
            I said ‘yes’.
            He said ‘can you drive a forklift?’
            I said ‘ how big is the fcking teapot?’

Girl to her boyfriend: Just one kiss and I'll be yours forever.

The guy replies: Thanks for the early warning.

A newly married man asked his wife, "Would you have married me if my father hadn't left me a fortune?"

"Honey," the woman replied sweetly, "I'd have married you, NO MATTER WHO LEFT YOU A FORTUNE"

Aboard an El Al flight from Israel to America, Grandma Esther was taking her very first flight. They had only been aloft a few minutes when the old lady complained to the stewardess that her ears were popping.

The girl smiled and gave the older woman some chewing gum, assuring her that many people experienced the same discomfort.

When they landed in New York, Grandma thanked the stewardess. "The chewing gum worked fine," she said, "but tell me, how do I get it out of my ears"?

A drunk staggers into a Catholic Church, enters a confessional booth, sits down, but says nothing.

The Priest coughs a few times to get his attention but the drunk continues to sit there.Finally, the Priest pounds three times on the wall.

The drunk mumbles, "ain't no use knockin, there's no paper on this side either"!
            af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Good evening all,

We had another sunny day, almost 50 degrees, no complaints.
              Met up with daughter & granddaughter for her 10th birthday lunch. Safe place, only 2 other tables occupied, spread far apart so no worries. We all left full & very happy
              Kids are so funny these days, she mentioned now that she’s ‘double digits’ she has to live another 90 years until she’s ‘triple digits’, Lol

Cyn, you are always in my thoughts & I hope you know that :hug:

Det, sleeplessness definitely sucks, I get that. Some people can get away with napping so I guess it’s worth a try. I found that if I sleep, even a short time in the afternoon then I am sure to be sleepless at night again. Hope you can find a better way to deal with it than I do, I used to try the afternoon caffeine, can’t do that anymore either, geez. Glad the girls are happy & Good job on the interview. Hope something great comes your way

Mick, where did the rain go? I think it’s coming this way Saturday & Sunday, oh well at least it will be warmish.
              Hurry up & finish your house & I’ll hire you to do several jobs around here, haha. Glad the fur kids are happy.

Hello to PQ, Pauly & pie. Hope everyone is OK.

Have a nice night all!
              Lav
              AF since 03/26/09
              NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Mae all -

Quick hello again... so glad to read about what's going on for all ---

OK here, beautiful sunny day and some melting. Got myself to clean and do a walk, and even worked a bit with a client! We were widely separated in her house, it it felt so good to be around another human.

Mick, goodness, the tasks you get up to! So glad the Peskies are happy... (couldn't get your PM, but thank you...)

Lav, 50! Wow! That sounds great... so happy your birthday lunch was good...

Det - I bought arugula so I can make your pesto... looking forward... I think I can use walnuts, right? It's what I've got... hope you feel better...

PPQ, hope all is well - you too, Sam and Pie -

Trying my darndest to stay awake until 9 pm... propping my eyes open... going to take all my health aides... feel a little "something" dragging me down...

Stay well all! Tomorrow is a full moon - I saw it in the middle of the night last night, and it is beautiful... To The Light...

Comment

Mae everybody, Det and Cyn I think it's just the cold air making us feel drained or maybe too many life events, I feel like I haven't had my full energy in a bit hope it passes for us all here soon sheesh, Lav it was Brady's birthday yesterday too but I'll give him his presents and stuff tonight after he gets off work, glad you had a nice time and granddaughter was happy to be in double digits haha! Mick, funny jokes thank you, off to wake up, get some energy only to lose it by noon and need to rest my brain zzzz, much love to all and wishes for a great BF Saturday!
                  I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                  Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

hiya all how are we then? hope everyone has been sharing the sunshine that we have today...its been a lovely day .Im just watching the England /Wales rugby ...(come on Wales)..finished the window ledge complete now,varnished and polished ..little bit of tidying up required and the dressing table ,emptying the bathroom ...start that next week .

20210227_165126.jpg

hiya pauly how are you then?hope all is well with you..and you have a great weekend ...

hiya Lav ..you well? Did you enjoy yesterday? Yes as you see the peskies are enjoying themselves immensely. You would almost think they ran this house ...hang on I think one of them wants something. They've just rung for the butler .you take care .

hiya teegee ..how are you today .?are you feeling better ?you sound better ..re the pm ..no problem ..take care ...beware of that full moon....

hiya det ..hope all is well with you .

pie and sam ...yoohoo .

and finally

Mr Potato Head to lose "Mr" title in gender-neutral rebrand - BBC News

An interview with James Corden followed by one with Oprah Winfrey.
                    I really wish Harry & Meghan would start respecting Harry & Meghan’s privacy.

Following the Mr. Potato Head renaming, the publishers of Roger Hargreaves’ “The Mr Men” books are renaming them “The” so children won’t be confused by gender stereotypes.

James Corden went from Hollyoaks to a Hollywood power player taking over Tinseltown with royal interviews and A-listers.

Imagine what he could have achieved if he had talent.

Salmond and Sturgeon. Something fishy going on here.

I asked my mate why his Dad always called him "Donkey " thinking it might be because he has a big **** or something.

" Hee Haw, Hee Haw, He hawways calls me Donkey " he said.

Just seen the news on police officers giving cannabis to inmates to keep em calm

prisoner: "I asked for hash browns at breakfast not fcking hash bars!"

When the store manager returned from lunch, he noticed his clerk's hand was bandaged, but before he could ask about the bandage, the clerk said he had some very good news for him.

"Guess what, sir" the clerk said. "I finally sold that terrible, ugly suit we've had so long"!

"Do you mean that repulsive pink-and-blue double-breasted thing" the manager asked?

"That's the one"!

"That's great"! the manager cried, "I thought we'd never get rid of that monstrosity! That had to be the ugliest suit we've ever had! But tell me. Why is your hand bandaged"?

"Oh", the clerk replied, "after I sold the guy that suit, his guide dog bit me".

As he's drinking one drink and the green man is drinking the other, an Englishman down the bar who has had a few too many drinks says, "Hey Paddy!, what's that little green thing you've got down there?"

The little green man runs down the bar and gives the Englishman a raspberry, "SPLBLBLBLT!," right in the face and then runs back to the Irishman.

The Englishman mops himself off and says to the Irishman, "Hey Paddy!, what is that thing, anyway?"

The Irishman replies, "Have some respect. He's a leprechaun."

"A leprechaun!" says the Englishman laughing, "Boy, I never knew leprechauns were so ugly!"

The leprechaun runs down the bar and gives the Englishman a raspberry again- SPLBLBLBLBT!

This time the Englishman is really mad!

"Tell that leprechaun that if he does that again I'll cut his pecker off!" he shouts.

"You can't do that" says the Irishman. "Leprechauns don't have peckers."

"How do they pee, then?" asks the Englishman.

"They don't," says the Irishman. "They go SPLBLBLBLBT

The Essex girl went to the clinic with her newborn for the first time. A rather posh looking lady sat by her side. After a while the lady introduced herself, telling the girl that this was her third child and she was to be called Samantha, Amanda, Fawcett.

The girl smiled politely and said, "That's nice innit".

The woman carried on, "For my first child my husband gave me a diamond necklace as a gift for being so clever".

To which the girl replied, "That's nice innit".

"And for my second child, he gave me a fur coat".

The girl nodded politely, "That's very nice, innit".

The posh lady was well into her stride now. "For this child he's taking me on a cruise".

The Essex girl smiled again, "That's nice innit".

The posh lady said, "And has your husband given YOU something for the birth"?

"Oh yes", the girl said, "He bought me some elocution lessons".

"Oh, and have you learned anything from them"?

"Certainly", the Essex girl said. "I've learned to say 'That's nce innit', instead of f**k off".

A jewish boy begged his Papa to let him start working in his father's Optical shop to learn the business of making and selling eyeglasses.

As Papa finished showing the boy all the styles in inventory, the boy asked, "Papa, when a customer asks me how much for the glasses, what do I tell them"?

His Papa explained, "Son, you simply use the BLINK method for determining price".

The boy asked, "What is the BLINK method Papa"?

His father answered, "Well, son, when the customer asks you how much for the glasses, you say $60". If he doesn't blink, say 'That's for the frames... the lenses will be another $60'. And if he still doesn't blink, say 'EACH'".

Why We Love the Brits
                    1) Commenting on a complaint from a Mr. Arthur Purdey about a large gas bill, a spokesman for North West Gas said, "We agree it was rather high for the time of year. It's possible Mr. Purdey has been charged for the gas used up during the explosion that destroyed his house."
                    (The Daily Telegraph)

2) Police reveal that a woman arrested for shoplifting had a whole salami in her underwear. When asked why, she said it was because she was missing her Italian boyfriend.
                    (The Manchester Evening News)

3) Irish police are being handicapped in a search for a stolen van, because they cannot issue a description. It's a Special Branch vehicle and they don't want the public to know what it looks like.
                    (The Guardian)

4) A young girl who was blown out to sea on a set of inflatable teeth was rescued by a man on an inflatable lobster. A coast guard spokesman commented, "This sort of thing is all too common".
                    (The Times)

5) At the height of the gale, the harbourmaster radioed a coastguard and asked him to estimate the wind speed. He replied he was sorry, but he didn't have a gauge. However, if it was any help, the wind had just blown his Land Rover off the cliff.
                    (Aberdeen Evening Express)

6) Mrs. Irene Graham of Thorpe Avenue, Boscombe, delighted the audience with her reminiscence of the German prisoner of war who was sent each week to do her garden. He was repatriated at the end of 1945, she recalled. "He'd always seemed a nice friendly chap, but when the crocuses came up in the middle of our lawn in February 1946, they spelt out 'Heil Hitler.'"
                    (Bournemouth Evening Echo)

Comment

Hello all,

Started with a rain/snow mix then the sun came out - so confusing, haha!! Spent some time cleaning up after my dog outside. You know what happens when all the snow starts to melt, Lol
                      More rain due tomorrow so I guess I’ll get back to my inside projects

Cyn, the little bit of extra light is starting to make me feel hopeful again. I’ve had enough of the gloomy skies, probably you as well.
                      Get outside whenever you can, get that Vit D working. Hope you caught up on sleep & feel better today.

Pauly, my younger grandson hits double digits April 6, haha! I am already missing having ‘little ones’ around but we can’t stop progress.
                      Hope your day was good. Are you cutting hair anymore or is that over?

Mick, the bunny butler, haha!!! We do spoil our friends, haha!!
                      We happen to like James Corden over here, he’s funny & unique & entertaining.

Hellos going out to Det, PQ, Sam & Pie.

Have a nice night all!
                      Lav
                      AF since 03/26/09
                      NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Mae all - getting in early this Sunday morning.

Mick, you do beautiful work, that's definite! What a lovely ledge... hello to the Peskies who Rule...

Lav, so glad you got sun... gloomy here yesterday, snow/rain, but I got and walked anyway. This too shall pass... your beautiful work is SO being enjoyed by my friends!!! Have fun picking up poop... here at this guest house, I did the "bag" routine... lots of plastic, but fewer "surprises! Enjoy the day...

Pauly, so nice to hear from you! Good luck, hope your energy stays with you for longer today.

PPQP, hoping all is well with you, and that you are just busy with work... take care -

Det, thx so much for posting your cooking video... it inspired me to make arugula pesto, despite the fact that I used walnuts, and forgot the reggiano cheese! Still, tasted good with a little chicken thrown in with pasta (which I rarely have, so that was a treat.) Post more please!

Well, Pup and I had a scare last night... went to bed unfortunately late... but an hour later, he was in some kind of distress... vomiting, etc. I prepared myself for the worst (rotated stomach, drive to the Emergency Vet an hour away, etc., say goodbye...) but I thought it through and decided to try some OTC meds... Gasex and Pepcid... and about an hour later he was sleeping peacefully. I however got next to no sleep since I was in a big chair next to his bed where I could check on him. At 4 AM, I figured it was safe to move to the couch. At 6:30, he was all bright-eyed and eager for brekkie! Me, not so bright-eyed. But my buddy is still with me... ��

Hello to Sam, Pie, and any others.
                        Enjoy the moonlight, and hold all the light...

Comment

Working...
                        X