Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 21Mar

Mae all,

CONGRATS LAV!!!! You are a shining example of how it works, and you've shared yourself so generously with others, helping them along the way. And you've watched those grandkids grow up, and seen every moment of their development, and have been there for them. YOU ROCK! Thank you for continuing to be here on this and other threads, and part of this community - we are all the beneficiaries, and are grateful.

Mick, I hope that all is OK, with bunnies and Julie's Dad and all. And hoping you are not out after another pile of rocks, or stuck in a bog...

Pauly, how are all the kids? Dogs? Has hubs decided on his work life yet? Sending you good thoughts.

Det, hoping asthma is gone and work life is turning around... Hey, I could use a new recipe...

Hello to Sam and all others passing through...

Full moon coming up... I am trying to "plant" all good seeds through my actions, with the intention that they provide me with good direction and energy for the second half of the moon... there is a resident hawk here in the meadows by the motel... I am trying to see that "big picture" , that 10,000 foot view.

Hold the light...

Comment

12 years passed 12 years today,
      do you need a drink ? nope no way .
      congratulations ,I mean that true
      All the very best to you.

You wrestled with the problem took it by the bit ,
      Met it head on ,you took no sh.t
      you changed it ,not it changed you,
      you now control life,so very true

so thank you Lav for your help and support,
      the very backbone holding the fort.
      Youve helped so many along the way ,
      And on that note dear friend have a great day.

hiya teegee..bunnies ok ,Julies dad no better no worse ...amy getting it together, you take care and look after yourself.what kind of hawk is it?

hiya Lav ,12 years ...good on you ..I did post ,but on my phone and me and techie dont seem to work too well ....!!well done on getting the landscaping sored out ..

hiya ppqp ,,hows you then?hope all is well with you ,..so the gardening gang hasnt started yet?....hope spring is good for you ...take care ..

hiya everyone else hope we are good .

20210325_201232.jpg

A man has been found dead in Minffordd, Penrhyndeudraeth, Gwynedd.

Meanwhile, 6 of tonight's newscasters have phoned in sick.

I see Scotland have offered the NHS a 4% pay rise compared to 1% in england. This proves that Sturgeon is currently 4 times deeper in the sht than Boris is.

If you get an email or a Whatsapp with the subject "ding dong" don't open it.

It's the Jehovah's Witnesses working from home.

BBC News "EU President says that the UK has not exported any doses of Covid-19 Vaccine to Europe".

Astra Zeneca say it has loaded 25 million doses onto trucks but unfortunately the drivers had ham sandwiches in the cabs.

The one time I auditioned for X-Factor, I was quite surprised Simon Cowell told me that with the tone of my voice, I should look into getting into singing Country-Western music.

"Makes sense," I replied, "I've always had a serious soft-spot for the Confederacy and I'm also attracted to my sister."

My boss rang me today and asked. "Why aren't you at the office?"

I said, "I'm sick."

He sighed. "Really? What of this time?"

I said, "Of you fcking nagging me."
      Last edited by Mick; March 26, 2021, 11:31 AM.
      af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Oy ABeroooos!

oh my, busier than busy here trying to get things rolling with the biz in a new location. yet ANOTHER new software suite I'm smack in the middle of cram/learning
        around the clock and had to switch computers in the middle of it for technical reasons. ack! insane dreams lately... probably stress related. Thankfully not a drinking
        inclination to be hand. In fact I chucked my E-cigarette in the bin a couple days ago and am on the patch for a bit. Maybe not the perfect time but what is anyway?

Lav, 12 big ones! abalooootley fabulous my dear!!

Tree, a new recipe? hmm.... I saw an absolutely enchanting episode of 'chefs table' last night after my eyes were about burned-out from computer work. it was about Turkish food
        and now I'm going to poke around in that culinary ethnicity a bit. Looking at cookbooks by Musa Dagdeviren (the chef showcased in that episode). news to follow

Made myself stop working last night and do some wacky creative/artistic photography which was absolutely fun. I was taking some wildly experimental pictures of a super cute retro 'rocket' lamp
        the girls got me recently. Lemme see if I can upload some shots.....

pictures: Shared album - London Lewis - Google Photos

canvassing the neighborhood today to make new connections but most offices are by appointment only and many are not there in spite of google maps. arg! change of plans.
        BTW... running adds on FB is super frustrating if anyone has played with it. such a convoluted mess. Oh well, lack of sleep is certainly messing with me. I had this reoccurring nightmare
        about being abducted by aliens. seriously! wtf?

PPQ I feel you!

ack, girly had to get picked up from school as she's coming down with something. what a day.

sounds like a meditation is in order for garlic breath.

shouts and hugs to the whole gang! Pauly, Mick, Tree, PPQ, Sam... missing anyone?

be well loves
        nosce te ipsum
        (Know Thyself)

Comment

Good evening friends,

Having a super duper windy day here with gusts ranging 45-50 mph, crazy. It was sunny & hot at 83. 100 year record broken today & next week it goes back to cold/chilly.

Thanks all for the anniversary wishes :heartbeat:
          Can’t believe it’s been 12 years & I haven’t had the need to numb my senses. I have had plenty of problems but the decision to not drink again stuck with me & got me to this point. I appreciate each & every one of you for being here with me. We are definitely on this sober journey together.

PQ, thank you & I like the way you protect your sanity, something we all must do.
          Wishing you good luck with all the projects & sunny, warm weather to go along

Cyn, getting back in control when my grandson was born was my #1 priority & I accomplished just that. He’s 12 years old now, unbelievable, still my personal hero.
          The coming full moon has messed with my sleep the past few nights, never fails, haha!

Mick, thank you for the sweet poem
          I am a happy camper today, grateful for making this milestone & grateful for all of you.

Det, thanks for your words & I can see you have been super busy. Loving the new pics, seeing them on FB & IG
          I hope some new business pops up soon for you. Wish I had some words of wisdom for you on FB ads......

Hello to Pauly, Sam & everyone.

Going to go out & play with the chickens a little while the sun is still here.
          Have a splendid night everyone.

Lav
          AF since 03/26/09
          NF since 05/19/09
          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Mae everybody, Lav congratulations on your 12 years! Amazing job Det, hubs was trying to advertise on fb and got alot of scammers, it's certainly a different game out there than it was last time he worked for himself, also he used to be able to work under a handyman license but now they're saying he has to have his contractor license to do any plumbing work so he's just stuck with this company he works for or find another one oh well, PQ, sounds like you're keeping busy, Cyn, you too always on the go, Mick hope everything is good with you, no mojo Saturday that's for sure, see if I can get with it here soon, much love to all and wishes for a great BF day!
            Last edited by paulywogg; March 27, 2021, 08:09 AM.
            I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
            Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

hiya all ..how are we then? all good hopefully ....Im on to the next project building a little plinth for the buddha..(no not me ) that we have got ,moved it from the top of the stairs into there ...but now it suddenly needs a plinth ...oh well .pallet wood again ..how are the weekends for you all .Julie got an email yesterday ..all prison staff irrespective of age ,next week will have the opportunity to get the jab ...next week apparently is really busy ,then they are shutting down for a month to newcomers ..to get the ones that are due their 2nd jab to get them done

hiya Pauly Im fine thanks ,cm here big hugz ..get yer mojo back ..hope your weekend gets better for you ......

hiya Lav ,hope all is well with you? when does the landscaper start?the guy phoned me up about the turf ...it apparently is pretty good ..the first lot lifted was just full of water ..so he was supposed to come up today but is a no show .got my other 2 locos today ..got to try them out yet .take care have a lovely weekend .

hiya det ..welcome to the planet zog ..it isnt a dream ..you have been abducted ..you are now in a crazee environment !!hope all is well mate ...nice pics btw ..We used to years ago go to Turkey regular ,I loved the food kofte,kebaps mezeand karnyaik? Ithink ,,,the most memorable food I ever tasted was borsch in Moscow it was superb .

hiya everyone else hope we are doing good ....jokes up later take care

SCOUSERS: Support your local shops.

Only shoplift from supermarkets.

"This is 2021! I am not here just to serve men! I am a working woman! Make your own fcking sandwich!"

"Is this your first day at Subway?"

I once felt like I did a stunt even better than Tom Cruise could have done in "Mission Impossible".

After I successfully changed a light bulb without a step-stool.

I've realised that there are two very important rules to being successful.

1. Never let them know everything you know.

Top Tip for cargo shipping companies. Why not use the Panama canal as an alternative route. You can also get the world's largest container ships through that

Quasimodo
              After Quasimodo's death, the bishop of the Cathedral of Notre Dame sent word through the streets of Paris that a new bell ringer was needed.

The bishop decided that he would conduct the interviews personally and went up into the belfry to begin the screening process.

After observing several applicants demonstrate their skills, he had decided to call it a day. Just then, an armless man approached him and announced that he was there to apply for the bell ringer's job. The bishop was incredulous.

"You have no arms!"

"No matter," said the man. "Observe!"

And he began striking the bells with his face, producing a beautiful melody on the carillon. The bishop listened in astonishment; convinced he had finally found a replacement for Quasimodo.

But suddenly, as he rushed forward to strike the bell, the armless man tripped and plunged headlong out of the belfry window to his death in the street below. The stunned bishop rushed down two hundred and ninety five church steps, when he reached the street, a crowd had gathered around the fallen figure, drawn by the beautiful music they had heard only moment before.

As they silently parted to let the bishop through, one of them asked,

"Bishop, who was this man?".

"I don't know his name," the bishop sadly replied,

( scroll down )

>

" ................ BUT HIS FACE RINGS A BELL"

WAIT! WAIT! There's more

The following day, despite the sadness that weighed heavily on his heart due to the unfortunate death of the armless campanologist, the bishop continued his interviews for the bell ringer of Notre Dame.

The first man to approach him said, "Your Excellency, I am the brother of the poor armless wretch that fell to his death from this very belfry yesterday. I pray that you honour his life by allowing me to replace him in this duty."

The bishop agreed to give the man an audition, and, as the armless man's brother stooped to pick up a mallet to strike the first bell, he groaned, clutched at his chest, twirled around, and died on the spot.

Two monks, hearing the bishop's cries of grief at this second tragedy, rushed up the stairs to his side.

"What has happened? Who is this man?" the first monk asked breathlessly.

"I don't know his name," sighed the distraught bishop, "but..."

(. . . Wait for it ...)

(.. . . It's worth it.. ..)

"HE'S A DEAD RINGER FOR HIS BROTHER."

There was a gas station in "redneck country" trying to increase its gas sales, so the owner put up a sign saying, "Free Sex with Fill-up."

Soon a "redneck" customer pulled in, filled his tank, and then asked for his free sex.

The owner told him to pick a number from (1) to (10), and if he guessed correctly, he would get his free sex.

The buyer then guessed (8) and the proprietor said, "No, you were close. The number was (7)."

"Sorry, no free sex this time, but maybe next time."

Some time thereafter, the same man, along with his buddy this time, pulled in again for a fill-up, and again he asked for his free sex.

The proprietor again gave him the same story and asked him to guess the correct number.

The man guessed (2) this time, and the proprietor said, "Sorry, it was (3). You were close but no free sex this time."

As they were driving away, the driver said to his buddy, "I think that game is rigged. He doesn't give away free sex."

The buddy replied, "No, it's not rigged -- my wife won twice last week."

Four married blokes go fishing. After an hour, the following conversation took place:

First bloke: "You have no idea what I had to do to be able to come fishing this weekend. I had to promise my wife I will paint every room in the house next weekend."

Second bloke: "That's nothing; I had to promise my wife I will a build new pool deck.

Third bloke: "Man, you both have it easy! I had to promise to remodel the kitchen."

They continue fishing then realize the fourth bloke hasn't said a word. So they ask him. "You haven't said what you had to do to come fishing. What's the deal?"

Fourth bloke: "I just set my alarm for 5:30 am. It went off, I shut it off, gave the wife a nudge and said, "Fishing or Sex" She said, "Wear sun-block."

After having their 11th child, a Liverpool couple decided that was enough, as the social wouldn't buy them a bigger bed and they weren't strong enough to nick one, the husband went to his doctor and told him that he and his wife didn't want to have any more children.

The doctor told him there was a procedure called a vasectomy that would fix the problem but it was expensive. A less costly alternative was to go home, get a firework, light it, put it in a beer can, then hold the can up to his ear and count to 10.

The Scouser said to the doctor, "I may not be the smartest guy in the world, but I don't see how putting a firework in a beer can next to my ear is going to help me."

"Trust me, it will do the job", said the doctor.

So the man went home, lit a banger and put it in a beer can. He held the can up to his ear and began to count: "1, 2, 3, 4, 5," at which point he paused, placed the beer can between his legs so he could continue counting on his other hand...

Little Johnny's father noticed that Johnny was spending way too much time playing computer games. In an effort to motivate Little Johnny into focusing more attention on his schoolwork, his father said, "When Abe Lincoln was your age, he was studying books by the light of the fireplace."

Little Johnny replied, "When Abe Lincoln was your age, he was The President of the United States."

A cowboy in Texas gets pulled over by a State Trooper for speeding.The trooper started to lecture the cowboy about his speeding and in general began to throw his weight around to try to make the cowboy feel uncomfortable.

Finally, the trooper got around to writing out the ticket. As he was doing that, he kept swatting at some flies that were buzzing around his head.

The cowboy sez, "Y'all havin' some problem with circle flies?"

The trooper stopped writing the ticket and said, "well yeah, if that's what they're called. But I never heard of no circle flies."

"Well, sir," the cowboy replies, "circle flies hang around ranches. They're called circle flies because they're almost always found circling around the back end of a horse."

The trooper says, "Oh," and goes back to writing the ticket. But, a moment later he stops and says, "Are you callin' me a horse's ass?"

"No, sir," the cowboy replies, "I have too much respect for law enforcement to call y'all a horse's ass."

"That's a good thing," the trooper says and goes back to writing the ticket.

After a long pause, the cowboy, in his best Texas drawl says, "Hard to fool them flies though."
              Last edited by Mick; March 27, 2021, 01:44 PM.
              af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Good evening friends,

Nice day here, 67 & sunny, no jacket needed. Tomorrow rain & thunderstorms, oh well.
                I have re-opened Lav’s nursinghome for senior dogs, haha! I am watching my son’s nearly 15 year old golden until next Saturday. Poor thing has slowed way down, can’t see or hear much anymore & seems to be growing numerous tumors. I guess this could very well be her last stay with me so I’ll make the best of it for her.

Pauly, thank you & I hope your day was good. I hope yuogot started at some point, haha!!

Mick, I have a buddha on my kitchen window sill & also a gargoyle (like you see at Notre Dame) to ward off evil spirits, Lol
                I can’t wait until we are all fully vaccinated then maybe we can breathe a little easier. I hope at some point the grandkids can be vaccinated as well. Hope the locomotives are working well.
                I believe the landscaper is coming on Thursday to get the job started, bless him

Hello to PQ, Det, Pie & Sam. Hope everyone is OK.

Have a nice night everyone!
                Lav
                AF since 03/26/09
                NF since 05/19/09
                Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Mae all - long day, so will just say hello and wish everyone well... more tomorrow.

(PS, Lav, that wind that you sent up here was wicked bad! But thx for the pretty day today... )

More to you all soon - good luck with sleep and happy dreams to all --

Comment

Working...
                  X