Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 4 April

Greetings friends,

Had another nice weather day but rain is arriving for the weekend, that’s OK with me.
    Spent another afternoon accompanying YB to a medical appt, I think that’s all for a while. Just had to search for a new vet as ours suddenly decided to close. I was lucky to get an appt for the dog for the 26th with a new vet.

PQ, so sorry you’re dealing with so much BS at work
    Taking care of yourself is top priority now!! We can’t do anything about the lockdowns, just behave & do as instructed. Hope you really didn’t get a lot of snow, that’s not needed at this point.

Cyn, will you be staying in the same general area? How rough to keep picking up & moving along with everything else. Wish we could help :hug:
    We will be with you bin spirit, know that!

Pauly, Until the majority of the country is vaccinated I am not going near any crowds. I’m not stupid & I can certainly wait until it’s safer.
    I am pleased about the # of people getting vaccinated though. Here in PA anyone 16 & over can from April 19 forward. There have been reports of kids spreading the virus in schools lately, a lot of people won’t let their kids ride the school bus because of the closed in, tight seating. We need to stay vigilant & help suffocate this virus. My youngest grandkids are both 10 now, no more cute little kid stuff, haha!
    The oldest is 12 & he’s already an inch taller than me. I told him I can still kick his butt if I have to haha!

Mick, you certainly have your work cut out for you! Watch. Your back!!!!!
    When we leave here to go to the Delaware or Maryland beaches we have about the same distance to drive. It’s nice to be away but not too far.
    I have 2 self-cleaning ovens in my kitchen so I just need to clean the cooktop once in a while - that’s enough for lazy me.

Hello to Det, Sam & Pie.

Have a nice night all!
    Lav
    AF since 03/26/09
    NF since 05/19/09
    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Hello :anyone:

Guess I’ll check back later!!
      AF since 03/26/09
      NF since 05/19/09

Comment

MAE ALL...

Lav....sorry I didn't get a chance to post earlier but I'm here now. It was newsletter deadline today and it was a pain in the a$$. Someone would submit an article, I'd forward to my publisher and then they'd send an ooops I made a mistake and send an updated version. Happened 4 times! It's hard enough formatting the thing without having to change it all the time. And of course the program coordinator never did send her article in. Managed to get the Racquet Club website up and running again so that's off my plate. We had a nice weather day here as well, not that I was able to take advantage of it. LOL Also getting rain/snow tomorrow. Nothing's sticking around so that's ok. Everybody has gone nuts over the new lockdown and are defying the orders. I can't believe how stupid some people can be. I have upped my game and staying home as much as possible. If I go out I stay away from everyone. Glad you were able to get an appointment with a new vet I'm sure that took a load of your mind.

TG...I can't believe the amount of packing/moving/repacking you've had to go through. I thought you were heading west and I'm sure you'll be glad when you finally get in the car and head out. I'm so impressed with your positive attitude through out everything. You stay safe as well.

Pauly...I was shocked to hear about those states fully opening up and eliminating the mask requirements. Things are getting scary here with the positive cases all variants. I'll be glad when I get my vaccine and until then I'm hiding out at home.

Mick...I hope that you're just exhausted with all that work and that you haven't thrown your back out or anything. I bet you guys can hardly wait for your getaway on Monday.

Thinking of the rest of the gang. I have to shut this computer off, my eyes are killing me. LOL Have a good night all....:smile:PPQP

Comment

hiya all how are we then ..ok ..I was in bed last night at 9 shattered and sunburnt head...I strapped my back up so its ok ..sensible me ..as usual.. so here we go in pics

20210406_125735.jpg

20210409_132343.jpg

Screenshot_20210409-183821_Video Player.jpg

Screenshot_20210409-183829_Video Player.jpg

20210409_101850.jpg

and more ...continued
          af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

continuation.....

20210409_121734.jpg

20210409_132325.jpg

if you look at the raised bed ..you will see I continued it along ..all the waste soil and old turf built it up and lawned it too..I had my fit bit on ..barrowing stuff from front to back I walked a distance of 7 .33 miles .so now I have got to give ita chance and keep the peskies off it ..I will fence it for about 3 weeks but sacrifice the border bit to them.

looks a nice day out there ....hope we are all well..
            af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

MAE ALL...

Mick...glad you took precautions with your back, too bad you didn't think of your noggin! LOL That was a lot of work, it looks great. Hope that helps with the flooding.

I have been spending the day watching oldie but goodie movies on a TV channel that is now on free preview. Got my first proof back for the newsletter and was told not to look at it until Monday, sounds good to me. Hope you're all having a great Saturday....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Mae all,

Thanks so much for your patience about me popping in and out... packing, sending boxes, repacking, taking those to storage... the drill. I can't put a topper on this car, so have to send ahead much more stuff than normally, and am worried about what will fit... so am sending and storage-ing as much as possible. I wa heartened to see that my car holds more than I thought it would.. the cargo is smaller than my other car, but I still got a lot in, so good news there. I will pack the car up soon, just to see what fits... I do not need any surprises on the day I depart... I think I may have to move from the motel where I currently am... I originally told the owner two weeks, and it has been nearly three, and my room is the only dog friendly one, so he is losing out on full fare people... so maybe I will leave for a friend's house this upcoming week. We are entering the sixth week that the docs have been in the hands of the county, so hopefully I will have docs by the end of next week... who knows. Just very very tired at this point, but will perk up soon... love to all ...

Pauly, you are smart to keep protecting yourself... I will be headed out to NV soon, and I will be vigilant too...

Lav, yes, rain would be okay with me... it has been plenty dry here too.

PPQ, so glad you are kicking back for the weekend.

Mick, totally awesome. What a major accomplishment... so glad you have a holiday now... great pics!

Hello to Det and Sam and all ... sending light and health...

Comment

Evening friends,

Ended up having an unplanned busy day. My younger grandson is here for the weekend. I went & picked up the older one who was left home alone to care for animals this weekend while one parent is at work & the other sitting at her Dad’s house in NJ. I thought the kid would appreciate a good meal & some company, glad I did that.
                  We had a ton of rain overnight that messed up some of my new mulched garden beds but I fixed it with a broom, haha. Today was a mix of clouds & sun, pretty mild.

Mick, your garden work is lovely & I hope you are resting & healing at this point. Take care of that head, wear a hat dude

PQ, isn’t it amazing how some people just seem to. Never be able to make deadlines? Why do they get paid a full salary if they can’t produce? Guess I’m getting too old & cranky for that nonsense anymore, haha. Hope your weekend is relaxing & snow free.

Cyn, my head spins just thinking about all you are doing. Still wishing we could lend a hand somehow.
                  Getting that legal done will be a big relief I’m sure, hope it’s done soon :hug:

Hello to Det, Pauly, Sam & Pie. Hope everyone is well.

Have a night night all!
                  Lav
                  AF since 03/26/09
                  NF since 05/19/09

Comment

morning all how arewe today then? all good I hope .Well today everywhere is covered in snow ..It snowed last night ,but it is already blueskies and sunshine so it wont last long.Abusy day today ..got to take the rabbits to their holiday home ,pick up the shopping work out route etc .
                    I put fencing up around the grass...and left the other bit for the rabbits they loved it ..will leave it fenced for about 3 weeks .

I dont know why ,but I have no great excitement at the thought of going away ..ok I dont jump up and down and wet myself on any holiday I go on ,but I just dont have the inclination ...I would rather just stay at home in my own little empire !!A legacy of covid methinks ..

hope everyone is doing good .....

20210410_103252.jpg

20210410_103321.jpg

20210410_103603.jpg

20210410_103616.jpg

A country preacher was walking the backroads near his church. He became thirsty so decided to stop at a little cottage and ask for something to drink. The lady of the house invited him in and in addition to something to drink, she served him a bowl of soup by the fire. There was a small pig running around the kitchen. The pig was constantly running up to the visitor and giving him a great deal of attention.

The visiting pastor commented that he had never seen a pig this friendly.

The housewife replied: "Ah, he's not that friendly. That's his bowl you're using."

Father: Why don't you get yourself a job?
                    Son: Why?

Father: So you could earn some money.

Father: So you could put some money in a bank and earn interest.

Father: So that when you're old you can use the money in your bank account .....and you would never have to work again.

Son: I'm not working now.

A little old lady is walking down the street, dragging two plastic garbage bags with her, one in each hand. There's a hole in one of the bags, and every once in a while a $20 bill comes flying out of it onto the pavement. Noticing this, a policeman stops her.

"Ma'am, there are $20 bills falling out of that bag."

"Damn!" says the little old lady, "I'd better go back and see if I can gather up some of them. Thanks!"

"Well, now, not so fast," says the cop. "Where did you get that money? Did you steal it?"

"Oh, no," says the little old lady. "You see, my yard backs up to the parking lot of the football stadium. Each time there's a game, a lot of fans come and pee in the bushes, right into my flower beds! So, I stand behind the bushes with a big hedge clipper and each time some guy sticks his dick through the bushes, I say; '$20 or off it comes!'"

"Hey not a bad idea!" laughs the cop. "Ok, good luck! By the way, what's in the other bag?"

"Well," says the little old lady, "not all of them pay up."

This is an actual job application a 17 year old boy submitted at a McDonald's fast-food establishment in Florida...and they hired him because he was so honest and funny!

NAME: Greg Bulmash

SEX: Not yet. Still waiting for the right person.

DESIRED POSITION: Company's President or Vice President. But seriously, whatever's available. If I was in a position to be picky, I wouldn't be applying here in the first place.

DESIRED SALARY: $185,000 a year plus stock options and a Michael Ovitz style severance package. If that's not possible, make an offer and we can haggle.

EDUCATION: Yes.

LAST POSITION HELD: Target for middle management hostility.

SALARY: Less than I'm worth.

MOST NOTABLE ACHIEVEMENT: My incredible collection of stolen pens and post-it notes.

REASON FOR LEAVING: It sucked.

HOURS AVAILABLE TO WORK: Any.

PREFERRED HOURS: 1:30-3:30 p.m., Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday.

DO YOU HAVE ANY SPECIAL SKILLS?: Yes, but they're better suited to a more intimate environment.

MAY WE CONTACT YOUR CURRENT EMPLOYER?: If I had one, would I be here?

DO YOU HAVE ANY PHYSICAL CONDITIONS THAT WOULD PROHIBIT YOU FROM LIFTING UP TO 50 LBS?: Of what?

DO YOU HAVE A CAR?: I think the more appropriate question here would be "Do you have a car that runs?"

HAVE YOU RECEIVED ANY SPECIAL AWARDS OR RECOGNITION?: I may already be a winner of the Publishers Clearing house Sweepstakes.

DO YOU SMOKE?: On the job no, on my breaks yes.

WHAT WOULD YOU LIKE TO BE DOING IN FIVE YEARS?: Living in the Bahamas with a fabulously wealthy dumb sexy blonde super model who thinks I'm the greatest thing since sliced bread. Actually, I'd like to be doing that now.

DO YOU CERTIFY THAT THE ABOVE IS TRUE AND COMPLETE TO THE BEST OF YOUR KNOWLEDGE?: Yes. Absolutely.

SIGN HERE: Aries.

Comment

morning all how arewe today then? all good I hope .Well today everywhere is covered in snow ..It snowed last night ,but it is already blueskies and sunshine so it wont last long.Abusy day today ..got to take the rabbits to their holiday home ,pick up the shopping work out route etc .
                      I put fencing up around the grass...and left the other bit for the rabbits they loved it ..will leave it fenced for about 3 weeks .

I dont know why ,but I have no great excitement at the thought of going away ..ok I dont jump up and down and wet myself on any holiday I go on ,but I just dont have the inclination ...I would rather just stay at home in my own little empire !!A legacy of covid methinks ..

hope everyone is doing good .....

20210410_103252.jpg

20210410_103321.jpg

20210410_103603.jpg

20210410_103616.jpg

A country preacher was walking the backroads near his church. He became thirsty so decided to stop at a little cottage and ask for something to drink. The lady of the house invited him in and in addition to something to drink, she served him a bowl of soup by the fire. There was a small pig running around the kitchen. The pig was constantly running up to the visitor and giving him a great deal of attention.

The visiting pastor commented that he had never seen a pig this friendly.

The housewife replied: "Ah, he's not that friendly. That's his bowl you're using."

Father: Why don't you get yourself a job?

Father: So you could earn some money.

Father: So you could put some money in a bank and earn interest.

Father: So that when you're old you can use the money in your bank account .....and you would never have to work again.

Son: I'm not working now.

A little old lady is walking down the street, dragging two plastic garbage bags with her, one in each hand. There's a hole in one of the bags, and every once in a while a $20 bill comes flying out of it onto the pavement. Noticing this, a policeman stops her.

"Ma'am, there are $20 bills falling out of that bag."

"Damn!" says the little old lady, "I'd better go back and see if I can gather up some of them. Thanks!"

"Well, now, not so fast," says the cop. "Where did you get that money? Did you steal it?"

"Oh, no," says the little old lady. "You see, my yard backs up to the parking lot of the football stadium. Each time there's a game, a lot of fans come and pee in the bushes, right into my flower beds! So, I stand behind the bushes with a big hedge clipper and each time some guy sticks his dick through the bushes, I say; '$20 or off it comes!'"

"Hey not a bad idea!" laughs the cop. "Ok, good luck! By the way, what's in the other bag?"

"Well," says the little old lady, "not all of them pay up."

This is an actual job application a 17 year old boy submitted at a McDonald's fast-food establishment in Florida...and they hired him because he was so honest and funny!

NAME: Greg Bulmash

SEX: Not yet. Still waiting for the right person.

DESIRED POSITION: Company's President or Vice President. But seriously, whatever's available. If I was in a position to be picky, I wouldn't be applying here in the first place.

DESIRED SALARY: $185,000 a year plus stock options and a Michael Ovitz style severance package. If that's not possible, make an offer and we can haggle.

EDUCATION: Yes.

LAST POSITION HELD: Target for middle management hostility.

SALARY: Less than I'm worth.

MOST NOTABLE ACHIEVEMENT: My incredible collection of stolen pens and post-it notes.

REASON FOR LEAVING: It sucked.

HOURS AVAILABLE TO WORK: Any.

PREFERRED HOURS: 1:30-3:30 p.m., Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday.

DO YOU HAVE ANY SPECIAL SKILLS?: Yes, but they're better suited to a more intimate environment.

MAY WE CONTACT YOUR CURRENT EMPLOYER?: If I had one, would I be here?

DO YOU HAVE ANY PHYSICAL CONDITIONS THAT WOULD PROHIBIT YOU FROM LIFTING UP TO 50 LBS?: Of what?

DO YOU HAVE A CAR?: I think the more appropriate question here would be "Do you have a car that runs?"

HAVE YOU RECEIVED ANY SPECIAL AWARDS OR RECOGNITION?: I may already be a winner of the Publishers Clearing house Sweepstakes.

DO YOU SMOKE?: On the job no, on my breaks yes.

WHAT WOULD YOU LIKE TO BE DOING IN FIVE YEARS?: Living in the Bahamas with a fabulously wealthy dumb sexy blonde super model who thinks I'm the greatest thing since sliced bread. Actually, I'd like to be doing that now.

DO YOU CERTIFY THAT THE ABOVE IS TRUE AND COMPLETE TO THE BEST OF YOUR KNOWLEDGE?: Yes. Absolutely.

SIGN HERE: Aries.

Comment

Hello Mick & everyone!

Clouds & rain have gone so now we have a nice breezy sunshine to finish out the day.
                        All kids have returned home so now it’s just us old folks & the animals

Mick, I really hope you enjoy your trip. Your mood will catch up once you’re on the road.
                        Spend the week sitting back & enjoying whatever is around you. The garden work is done & the bunnies will be in good care.

Nothing else going on here. I guess someone should start a new thread tomorrow, haha!
                        Hello to PQ, Pauly, Cyn, Det, Sam & Pie.

Have a nice night all!
                        Lav
                        AF since 03/26/09
                        NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Mae everybody, Mick I thought it was last week you went away, I was wrong haha, PQ, I love those days of just watching movies and not doing a damn thing! Yesterday was like that, I had the boys but just no mojo so Rome played with his trucks and Lou just watched whatever he watches on the phone, seems Sundays I can't get with it, Lav, glad you had a nice visit with your grandson, I love that he likes to spend time with you, I keep Lou on Friday when I pick him up from school, think he needs a break from Rome and his parents too haha, Cyn, are you headed back to Tahoe? I keeps hearing about car stuff and I'm lost much love to all and wishes for a great BF Monday for us all!
                          I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                          Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

hiya all how are we then hope all is well with you.just got to the site..it is busy but because everyone is in their own vans its not mobbed.there is no internet ,but what I have done is set my phone up as a mobile hotspot and using my laptop to sign into the wifi hotspot anice sunny day ,but cold ..must be honest I meant to start the new fred yustaday ..hope everyone is well ..take care good people x

20210412_160236 (1).jpg

20210412_160120.jpg

20210412_162931.jpg

20210412_162354.jpg
                            Last edited by Mick; April 12, 2021, 12:00 PM.

Comment

Working...
                            X