Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: April 11th

MAE ALL...

Managed to get all my work done before the latest Windows Update landed and screwed up all my remote connections. Been in the office dealing with workstations only to come home and find out I couldn't connect. Just what I need before the Saturday morning workshop. Back to the office to reset things and home again to test it, yay, it worked.

Sorry for not responding directly to everyone but I'm bushed. Will read back tomorrow and catch up. Have a good night all....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Mae everybody, Lav it's funny how people from the site pop into our heads when we see something related, I do it all the time haha, speaking of melanoma Lou had to have a mole cut off the back of his neck a few weeks ago, turned out to be nothing but it was scary thinking that all those days at the pool could've had impact on such a young kid, so yea avoid the sun eeeks! Mick looks nice PQ, hello to you busy lady, how's the boys doing? Brady quit his pizza place and is just doing Door dash, I do it too can be good money if you hustle but ALOT of people don't tip which is rude, especially since gas is going up so rapidly here! I'm queen of the $10 fill up and it's not going very far haha, Cyn, sounds like thing are finally going along smooth for you, much love to all and wishes for a great BF Fryday!
      I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
      Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

hiya all how arewe? all goodI hope ...well thats us finally home ...the satnav was a bag of spanners getting us off the site .took me past it and I thought ...hmmm seen here before ..apart from that no issues ..go and pick the rabbits up in the morning...Just worked out the next jaunt ..we are off on the 14th May ..till 29th off round Wales hopefully .It was really ideal using my phone as a mobile hotspot for tinternetThe van did well..Im taking in to get a couple of jobs done nothing major.The sitewas mobbed but to be honest there were no muppets there

pauly ...Ive just looked at your post..maybes you must a comma or something in the statement ..Mick looks good..I thank you ..you look kinda smart yourself ... hope you have a good weekend .

hiya ppqp ..Friday night work binned ..tis you time now ..have fun ,read do anyfink...except work ...just seen ....a workshop tomorrow ..

hiya Lav,hows you then...hope all is well .Yep Ive lost 5 cordyline palms and a camellia to the frost...take care and have a good weekend

hiya teegee hope you are well ....

My son said I’m obsessed with coffee.

I gave him a roasting and then told him he was grounded.

Researchers have determined that 'magic mushrooms' can help combat symptoms of depression.

I can't say I'm surprised, I find if I'm a little down and I eat ordinary mushrooms I feel much better.

As long as they're pan fried and surrounded by a stack of crispy smoked bacon, piles of sausages, black pudding, fried bread, hash browns, baked beans and a couple of fried eggs.

I applied for a job in a laboratory, they asked what my qualifications were, I said "going shopping for the last year".

Bill and Sam, two elderly friends, met in the park every day to feed the pigeons, watch the squirrels and discuss world problems. One day Bill didn't show up. Sam wasn't concerned; he thought Bill might have a cold or some urgent appointment. But after Bill hadn't shown up for a week or so, Sam really got worried. However, since Sam didn't know where Bill lived (the only time they ever got together was at the park) he was unable to find out what had happened to him. After a month had passed, Sam figured he had seen the last of Bill.

On his next visit to the park, however, Bill was sitting on their usual bench waiting for him. Amazed and delighted, Sam exclaimed,'For crying out loud Bill, what in the world happened to you?'

Bill replied, 'I've been in jail.'

'Jail?' cried Sam. 'You?! What on earth for?'

'Well,' Bill said, 'you know Sue , that cute little blonde waitress at the coffee shop where we sometimes go?'

'Yes,' said Sam, 'I remember her. What about her?'

'Well, one day she filed rape charges against me. At age 89,I was so proud that when I got into court, I pleaded 'guilty.'

'The judge gave me 30 days for perjury.

Jake is 5 and learning to read.

He points at a picture in a zoo book and says, "Look Mama! It's a frickin' Elephant!"

Deep breath ... "What did you call it?"

"It's a frickin' Elephant, Mama! It says so on the picture!"

and so it does ...

"A f r i c a n Elephant "

For Those Who Love the Philosophy of Hypocrisy and Ambiguity....
        1. Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things.

2. One tequila, two tequila, three tequila, floor.

3. Atheism is a non-prophet organization.

4. If man evolved from monkeys and apes, why do we still have monkeys and apes?

5. The main reason Santa is so jolly is because he knows where all the bad girls live.

6. I went to a bookstore and asked the saleswoman, 'Where's the self-help section?' She said if she told me, it would defeat the purpose.

7. What if there were no hypothetical questions?

8. If a deaf person swears, does his mother wash his hands with soap?

9. If someone with multiple personalities threatens to kill himself, is it considered a hostage situation?

10. Is there another word for synonym?

11. Where do forest rangers go to 'get away from it all?'

12. What do you do when you see an endangered animal eating an endangered plant?

13. If a parsley farmer is sued, can they garnish his wages?

14. Would a fly without wings be called a walk?

15. Why do they lock gas station bathrooms? Are they afraid someone will clean them?

16. If a turtle doesn't have a shell, is he homeless or naked?

17. Can vegetarians eat animal crackers?

18. If the police arrest a mime, do they tell him he has the right to start speaking?

19. Why do they put Braille on the drive-through bank machines?

20. How do they get deer to cross the road only at those yellow road signs?

21. What was the best thing before sliced bread?

22. One nice thing about egotists: they don't talk about other people.

23. Does the Little Mermaid wear an algebra?

24. Do infants enjoy infancy as much as adults enjoy adultery?

25. How is it possible to have a civil war?

26. If one synchronized swimmer drowns, do the rest drown, too?

27. If you ate both pasta and antipasto, would you still be hungry?

28. If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?

29. Whose cruel idea was it for the word 'Lisp' to have 'S' in it?

30. Why are hemorrhoids called 'hemorrhoids' instead of 'assteroids'?

31. Why is it called tourist season if we can't shoot at them?

32. Why is there an expiration date on sour cream?

A duck hunter was out enjoying a nice morning on the marsh when he decided to take a leak.... He walked over to a tree and propped up his gun. Just then a gust of wind blew, the gun fell over, and discharged... shooting him in the genitals.

Several hours later, lying in a hospital bed he was approached by his doctor.

"Well sir, I have some good news and some bad news. The good news is that you are going to be ok, the damage was local to your groin, there was very little internal damage, and we were able to remove all of the buck shot. The bad news is that there was some pretty extensive damage done to your penis. I'm going to have to refer you to my brother."

"Oh, well I guess that isn't too bad," the man replied "is your brother a a plast ic surgeon?"

"Not exactly." answered the doctor. "He's a flute player in the local symphony....He's going to teach you where to put your fingers so you don't piss in your eye" .

Things are getting worse, I just can't seem to do the right thing no matter how hard I try...I give up...!!

She says she's absolutely sick of me, what with football, rugby, cricket, motor racing and the odd little bet here and there.

Doesn't seem fair though, she knew I was a mad sports fan when she met me.

Nevertheless, last night being our wedding anniversary, I tried to see things from her side and booked a table for 2, for 8pm.

By 9pm, things were 10 times worse!!! She hadn't potted a single f**king red . . . !

A Rabbi arrived at a Shul to give a speech. He sat and waited silently. The congregation sat patiently waiting for the Rabbi to begin. The Rabbi continues to sit quietly.

Fed up waiting, the Shamus approaches the Rabbi. "Rabbi, why are you waiting? Please start your speech".

The Rabbi points to his mouth and whispers to him "I left my false teeth at home".

The Shamus takes the Rabbi's keys and runs to the Rabbi's house, returning shortly with the false teeth.

The Rabbi starts speaking. He talks and talks. It is getting late, everyone wants him to finish. They want to go home, but the Rabbi keeps on talking.

The Shamus approaches the Rabbi and asked politely, "Rabbi, why do you talk so much..."?

The Rabbi answered: "You brought my wife's teeth".
        af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Greetings friends,

Clouds then sun today, a bit chilly but not bad really.
          I have my grandson back for another overnight at his request. All is quiet so far

PQ, sorry to hear you’re bouncing around like a pinball, haha! Everything is great when it works, right?
          I hope this weekend is a good one for you.

Pauly. It’s true that we start the skin damage when we’re just kids. No one cared when we got sunburned as kids. Today we know better & actually use sun screens & protective clothing on the kids. Glad you guys got Louie taken care of
          I think I almost always have MWO members on my mind too. I’ve been checking in here daily for the past 12+ years, it’s family now!

Mick, glad your trip was a success. Hopefully when you head back out in May it will be warmer & better for camping & hiking without frostbite haha!
          Are you able to use Google Maps over there? That’s how we find our way around unknown areas.

Hello to Cyn, Det, Sam & Pie. Hope everyone is A-OK.
          Have a nice night all. Someone here is asking for an ice cream cone haha.

Lav
          AF since 03/26/09
          NF since 05/19/09
          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Mae all - a busy couple of days as I executed the move to hideaway no. 6. This is getting a little old. But god bless my wonderful pup who handles it all pretty well... he looked confused this morning when we awoke, but as long as he sees me he seems to be fine.

Mick, awesome trip. I'll be right over for breakkie... that looked delicious! When we hiked the coastal road in Cornwall, the excellent breakfasts were a special delight. Wales!!! My country! I have been through the south, but never the north... that's on my bucket list.

Lav, how sweet the the boys are requesting "single" time with you - so great that they know that they can have personal attention. Rain all day yesterday, and cold, spitted snow, but I don't think anything froze... hope your flowers are staying strong!

PPQ, sheesh, those Windows updates... I now schedule them to my timing, and don't do them until I've made a Restore Point, or whatever it's called... the last time the update removed a handful of apps! What?!! I was glad to have a Restore to go back to... I hope your online event goes well this morning... then take the day off!!!

Pauly, thanks so much for sending Light!!! I feel it! Sending it right back to you-- sorry about people not tipping... they need to wake up! I waited tables for many years, and I sometimes wanted to say "if you don't have to walk into the kitchen to get this food, and since I did the work, can you spare some $? Lol. Good luck with all that. You need Lav to make you a work vest that says "Thanks so much for your kind Tip"!

Det, how are you doing? Still sending you strong coping vibes, and best wishes for a plum job to fall into your hands. Stay strong!

Hello to all else dropping by... sending you good energy for a bright day, whatever the weather...

Comment

Hello and how are we today then? Hope all is well over there . weather over here is absolutely glorious again. I went and picked the rabbits up this morning from their Hotel, they are now outside eating their own little patch of grass. Nice to have been away but also nice just to sit and chill . the next one we have planned is on the 14th of May, I thought it was a 17th but there we go I just drive.

Hiya TG how are you today then? Hope all is well with you you. Happily save you a place at breakfast who is stop yes I've height quite a few of the coastal path in Cornwall, I've also done a bit in Wales as well especially when I used to go scuba diving there . We drive from here round Anglesey come back down over the Menai bridge and then down to the south . I'm going to see if I can get Julie to climb in the brecons, but I don't think it's a goer. Hope you have have a nice weekend and stay safe .....stay peaceful

Hiya lav and how are you today then? Still all quiet with the grandson there? Yes I use Google Maps I've also got a sat nav that's about as much good as a handbrake on a canoe. Google seems to be the best but when you hit bad spots it is usually in places where you least need it I the internet goes down in the middle of Manchester which happened to me.... I went round the same roundabout about 3 times, the worst that was about 4 cars were following me! It wasn't me asking for the ice cream however if there's one going spare I'm not averse to trying it take care have a great weekend

Hiya ppqp well how did it go today then? Hope all went well ...considering you were doing it for work . what's the weather like over there?it is absolutely gorgeous here in fact we can spare you some sunshine if you so wish. Take care and have a great weekend

Hiya Pauly and how are you today then? Hope everything is going ok same with you have a nice weekend

Right folks that's it short and sweet just like this post take care look after yourselves have fun

I was writing my Autobiography into the wee small hours and fell asleep face down on the page. When I woke up the ink had fused the pages onto my skin and I couldn't get them off.
              That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Come in number 9 your time is up.
              Boss we’ve only got 8 boats.
              No 6 are you in trouble?

Not saying I'm a lazy git, but just paid for a 12 month Gym membership and the bank have called to see if my card has been stolen.

"Can I have a 60W bulb please?"
              "Screw or Bayonet?"
              "No, just the bulb thanks."

I've recently opened up a working mans club in liverpool. It's been 4 weeks and I havent had a single customer

How do you make a Belgian waffle?

Ask him why they have never won the World Cup.
              Last edited by Mick; April 17, 2021, 03:32 PM.
              af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

MAE ALL...

Pauly...if you're the $10 fill up queen, I'm the $20 fill up queen. LOL Never worry too much about the gas prices as I really don't drive anywhere and never let the tank go below 3/4 full. Easier on the pocket book. The boys are doing ok but everyone's patience is being tested these days.

Mick...glad you were able to leave the site in spite of the nav system. Aren't computers wonderful! Glad you're home safe and sound and the peskies are happy and healthy. The workshop went very well and one of our corporate members supplied us all with breakfast. Even after the pandemic is over I still think we should have these workshops virtual. It's a gorgeous day here today, 20C, so got out for a walk after the meeting. Got to take advantage as tomorrow it'll be below freezing with 1/2 foot of snow on the ground.

Lav...work responsibility done, the rest of the weekend is mine. Hope you don't have to do another Costco run after having your grandson overnight. Our weather is going to be pinballing this coming week. Summer day today, winter tomorrow, spring for Mon/Tue, winter again on Wed and I don't trust anything they forecast after 4 days. LOL

TG...following your orders and taking the rest of the day off. Every time I feel overwhelmed I think of you and figure I got this. LOL So is hideaway no. 6 the friends condo? Hope you can have some down time soon too.

Shout out to the rest of the gang....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Good evening friends,

We had a bit of sun here & there today, still on the cool side but that’s fine with me.
                  Looks like we get to keep grandson #2 for another night as his dad has been held up at work until at least midnight, then there’s the long ride home. We have grandson #1 here for dinner but will be taking him home, he’s in charge of taking care of the cats & dogs.

Cyn, I can believe your dog is confused at this point but glad he’s flexible like you certainly must be
                  No snow flakes here, just rain the past few days. I hope everything else is going well for you.

Mick, so you were leading the ‘lost gang’, no one knowing where they were going?? Haha!!
                  Glad your fur kids are back home & happy in their yard.

PQ, glad your meeting went well. I can’t believe you’re getting more snow. I’ve seen pictures from my nephew in MA where they got 6” of snow yesterday, they weren’t happy either.
                  It’s been pretty chilly at night here but it hasn’t hurt any plants yet, fingers crossed. I think I have enough food to hold us over for another day or two haha!

Hello to Pauly, Det, Sam & Pie.

Have a nice night all!
                  Lav
                  AF since 03/26/09
                  NF since 05/19/09
                  Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Working...
                  X