Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: April 18th

Greetings friends,

Yes we had a frosty night, glad I brought my plants inside. Took them back out this morning then it started snowing - haha!! Only lasted about 10 minutes, it was a surprise. Plants will be coming back in for the night once again.
    Feeling better today, guess the vaccine has given up torturing me, Lol. Made a quick run to the market for some essentials, nothing else going on.

Cyn, I think some of the banks have reopened around here. I’m sure you can get appointments for special things, call them.
    Glad you can get your 2nd dose on board before your trip, it’s important to keep you healthy & on the go :hug:

Mick, YB did 30 years in the police dept & it felt like a sentence to me! He took that job the year after we got married so I wasn’t expecting to have to live with all that angst & ridiculous schedule. Sounds like you & Julie have done more than your fair share as well. I was happy to hear our son is planning retire from the fire dept in another 8 years. He’s been there 17 years already. He’ll have plenty of things to do after he’s done there. About international travel, I’d say not yet!! Maybe this time next year will feel safer, who knows?

Hello PQ, got the snow you sent, haha! Hope your day was good & hope your laptop has survived whatever was wrong yesterday

Det, hope things are going well for you today. Stay strong & we’re here to listen if needed!!

Hello to Pauly, Sam & Pie!

Have a nice night all!
    Lav
    AF since 03/26/09
    NF since 05/19/09
    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Mae all -

Mick, yes, I am a truly a British Isles girl... family name Dunbar (scotts), mother name Rhys (welsh) and probably some Irish and aEnglish thrown in as well, but please don't hold that against me. I have never done the "tests" and probably never will... we have the names and dates of our forbearers well before anyone came over the pond... I often identify more with your island than my own continent... (shhhh.Don't tell...)

Lav, snow here today, a little dispiriting...

PPQ, Det, Pauly and all others, hoping all is well...

Hard day for me... the anniversary of the middle-of-the-night call when I heard (At 3 AM) that my husband had been put on a respirator. The beginning of a new part of the Covid journey for me. I know that we all (including me) want to move on from this horror, but in some respects I have to ask the world to have a little patience for the more than 500,000 families who have lost a loved one... these anniversaries are meaningful for us, even when we don't quite understand the meaning... just that it was momentous...

Sending everyone so much love... take care...

Comment

hiya all how are we then? hope all is well with everyone ..what a day ...it is lovely out there again ,I had it in my head that I was going to do nothing and sit and read ..so far Ive lifted 4 paving slabs ...and relaid them ,moved therabbit hutch so that it backed on to the house ...didnt like it and put it back!!it took too much of the ground .so put it back ...so back to plan a ...sit and read .

hiya Lav how are you then? was watching a pro on telly herethe undercover millionaire ..a new series with Glenn Stearns in Erie dont know it you have seen it .Glad you are feeling better .I lostthe geraniums ..the frost chopped them .Yes you will know the score with all the drama of law enforcement and shouts .those emergency calls at silly o clock ..Does your son have to retire ? at one stage over here fire bobbies had to retire at a certain age ..hope youhave a great weekend .

hiya teegee..how are you ? a jockanese taff ..?excellent good for you .yep Julie would have some stories to tell ,when I first joine ..slopping out was still the order of the day ,bread and water was a staple punishment diet ,I remeber seeing the back of a prisoner who had received the lash in the Isle of Man ,an interesting walk thru time .
        A sad day for you ,hope you are ok ..

The physical presence may be gone,
        but in your heart and head you're never alone

xx

Thinking of you ..

hello everyone else ..hope you are well

x
        af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Good evening friends,

Nice day here after another frosty night. I hear we will be hitting the 80’s next week, crazy. Went to an Amish greenhouse today & came home with more plants. I can’t help myself, haha!

Cyn, I’m sure those memories will be with you for a while. I’m sorry you have to deal with them on your own. Please reach out to us for a virtual group hug :hug:
          True that there’s half a million other families going through the same thing, my heart breaks at the thought. How I wish we could pull our group in a little tighter & help you. Thinking of you always with much love.

PQ, how’s the laptop? Any chance of logging on tonight?

Mick, I have seen that show, interesting!
          My son does not have to retire at that age but he can retire with benefits if he chooses. Any more promotions will put him into an office/paperwork environment & that would not suit him. He was a hyperactive kid & he still likes to be busy doing stuff, haha. He’s starting an online school next month to obtain his masters degree in fire science & organizational management or something. I don’t have to pay for it so I’m glad. He is working this weekend at our county fire school teaching something. I think he’ll end up working there when he retires from the DC fire dept.
          You manage to keep yourself busy one way or the other don’t you?

Hello to Pauly, Det, Sam & Pie.

Have a nice night all!
          Lav
          AF since 03/26/09
          NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Is it just us today? Thanks to you both for the support... over that dreaded hump, now must stitch myself together for this last week of getting everything done and getting on the road... I wish I were a little brighter in the brain department... I have made a couple of foolish mistakes (forgetting things that now require me to drive a couple of hours to get it right, hrumph.) Getting the estate banking thing going, and all the legalities really have got me down... and usually this is my thing... but now now.

Anyway, one foot on front of the other... I will make it.

Mick, such stories from the prison! Glad to hear that today you actually ended up reading in the end... but what did you read? Enquiring minds...

Lav, glad that you are getting more plants... since I can't plant anything, you can just call those your "Cindy" plants. Interesting about your son... I have often wondered how different people end up in those jobs.

Hello to all out there - hoping you are keeping on... I saw the burgeoning moon the other night through a skylight - beautiful.

To the light...

Comment

Mae everybody, Mick sorry about the geraniums Cyn, ((hugs)) my dear friend, it'll never go away but gets tolerable over time, you've been such a strong woman through all of it and I'm impressed by you, I want to be like you Lav, I bet the snow looked nice at least haha, wonder if Det is dealing with any snow right now? Not much going on here, no news is good news, I'm a bit pissed that they want to open up 100%here by June first, it's not just our country that has covid, it's affecting alot of different countries bad right now so obviously they're not gonna travel here duh, probably lose money by opening but I'm sick of thinking about it, much love to all and wishes for a great BF Saturday!
              I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
              Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

hiya all ...how are we then?yet another cracking day over here ...its supposed to change on tuesday ...another sceduled do nothing day gone wrong ...moved a load of plants ,redid the floor in the rabbit hutch cleaned the rabbits out..so not a lot .The farmer cut the hay on the field at the top of the hill...Ive been snottering since and a sorethroat..so at least I know what could be the problem....

hiya tee gee hows you then? hope all is well?doesnt matter how bright we think we are we still all forget stuff name places faces so you arent on your own ...Malcolm...oops what am I reading?seafaring fiction ..an author called Julian Stockwin. he has written 24 books ..Im on the 19th book ..other authors I like ..Douglas Reeman Simon Scarrow ,etc have a great positive weekend

hiya Lav ..hows you then?I bought 8 fuschia plants this morning ..at less than 50 cents a plant I question sometime the worthwhileness? of growing them..I know just exactly how your son feels ..Iwas operational for probably 22 of my 25 years. And the 3 years at a grade where there were lots of meetings, interaction with other agencies audits all the stuff that never interested me..fortunately at that grade I surrounded myself with people who were happy to do all that stuff.hope you have a good weekend .

big shout to yall..pauly ppqp detand anyone else who has sailed close to these shores ...

A turtle is mugged by three snails.
                When asked by police to give a description of what happened, he replies, "I don't know, it all happened so fast!"

A little turtle begins to climb a tree slowly. After long hours of effort, he reaches the top, jumps into the air waving his front legs, until he crashes heavily into the ground with a hard knock on his shell.

After recovering his consciousness, he starts to climb the tree again, jumps again, and knocks the ground heavily again.

The little turtle persisted again and again while a couple of birds sitting at the edge of a branch, watched the turtle with pain. Suddenly the female bird says to the male, "Dear, I think it's time to tell our little turtle he is adopted."

One day a man was walking in the woods when he got lost. For two days he roamed around trying to find a way out. He had not eaten anything during this period and was famished. Over on a rock ledge he spotted a bald eagle, killed it and started to eat it.

Surprisingly a couple of park rangers happen to find him at that moment and arrested him for killing an endangered species.

At court, he plead innocent to the charges against him claiming that if he didn't eat the bald eagle he would have died from starvation.

The judge ruled in his favor. In the judge's closing statement he asked the man, "I would like you to tell me something before I let you go. I have never eaten a bald eagle, nor ever plan on it. What did it taste like"?

The man answered, "Well, it tasted like a cross between a whooping crane and a spotted owl".

Snow White received a camera as a gift. She happily took pictures of the Dwarfs and their surroundings. When she finished her first batch she took the film to be developed. After a week or so she went to get the finished photos. The clerk said the photos were not back from the processor.

Needless to say, she was disappointed and started to cry. The clerk, trying to console her, said,

"Don't worry. Someday your prints will come".

Here are some words of wisdom from Maharishi Fattibastard....

Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either, just f--- off and leave me alone.

The journey of a thousand miles begins with a broken fan belt and a flat tyre.

The darkest hours come just before the dawn. So if you're going to steal your neighbour's milk and newspaper, that's the time to do it.

Sex is like air. It only becomes really important when you aren't getting any.

Don't aspire to become irreplaceable. If you can't be replaced, you can't be promoted.

Remember, no one is listening until you fart.

Never forget that you are unique, like everyone else.

Never test the depth of the water with both feet.

If you think nobody cares whether you're dead or alive, try missing a couple of mortgage payments

Before you judge someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you judge them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

If at first you don't succeed, avoid skydiving.

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach him how to fish, and he will sit in a boat and drink beer all day.

Have you ever lent someone $20 and never seen that person again? It was probably worth it.

If you tell the truth, you don't have to remember anything.

Some days we are the flies; some days we are the windscreen.

Don't worry; it only seems kinky the first time.

Good judgment comes from experience, experience comes from bad judgment.

The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

A closed mouth gathers no feet.

There are two theories about how to win an argument with a woman. Neither one works.

Generally speaking, you aren't learning much if your lips are moving.

Never miss a good chance to shut up.

Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

When we are born we are naked, wet, hungry, and we get smacked on our arse. From there on in, life gets worse

The most wasted day of all is one in which we have not laughed.

Remember not to forget that which you do not need to know.

1. My mother taught me TO APPRECIATE A JOB WELL DONE.
                "If you're going to kill each other, do it outside. I just finished cleaning."

2. My mother taught me RELIGION.
                "You better pray that will come out of the carpet."

3. My mother taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
                "If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!"

4.My mother taught me LOGIC.
                " Because I said so, that's why."

5. My mother taught me MORE LOGIC.
                "If you fall out of that swing and break your neck, you're not going to the store with me."

6. My mother taught me FORESIGHT.
                "Make sure you wear clean underwear, in case you're in an accident."

7. My mother taught me IRONY.
                "Keep crying, and I'll give you something to cry about."

8 My mother taught me about the science of OSMOSIS.
                "Shut your mouth and eat your supper."

9. My mother taught me about CONTORTIONISM.
                "Will you look at that dirt on the back of your neck!"

10. My mother taught me about STAMINA.
                "You'll sit there until all that spinach is gone."

11. My mother taught me about WEATHER.
                "This room of yours looks as if a tornado went through it."

12 My mother taught me about HYPOCRISY.
                "If I told you once, I've told you a million times. Don't exaggerate!"

13. My mother taught me the CIRCLE OF LIFE.
                "I brought you into this world, and I can take you out."

14. My mother taught me about BEHAVIOR MODIFICATION.
                "Stop acting like your father!"

15. My mother taught me about ENVY
                "There are millions of less fortunate children in this world who don't have wonderful parents like you do."

16. My mother taught me about ANTICIPATION.
                "Just wait until we get home."

17. My mother taught me about RECEIVING.
                "You are going to get it when you get home!"

18. My mother taught me MEDICAL SCIENCE.
                "If you don't stop crossing your eyes, they are going to freeze that way."

19. My mother taught me ESP.
                "Put your sweater on; don't you think I know when you are cold?"

20. My mother taught me HUMOR.
                "When that lawn mower cuts off your toes, don't come running to me."

21. My mother taught me HOW TO BECOME AN ADULT.
                "If you don't eat your vegetables, you'll never grow up."

22. My mother taught me GENETICS.
                "You're just like your father."

23. My mother taught me about my ROOTS.
                "Shut that door behind you. Do you think you were born in a barn?"

24. My mother taught me WISDOM.
                "When you get to be my age, you'll understand."

25. And my favorite: My mother taught me about JUSTICE.
                "One day you'll have kids, and I hope they turn out just like you!"
                If we always do what we've always done, we'll always get what we always got; and if nothing changes.....nothing changes.

An elephant and a crocodile were swimming in the jungle, when the elephant spots a turtle sunning himself on a rock. The elephant walks over to the turtle, picks him up in his trunk and hurls him far into the jungle.
                "What did you do that for?" asked the crocodile.
                The elephant answered, "That turtle was the one that bit me almost fifty years ago."
                The crocodile said, "And you remembered him after all these years? Boy, you sure do have a good memory."
                "Yep," says the elephant. "Turtle recall."

A guy runs into a bar and says, "Bartender, quick! Give me 20 shots of your best Scotch"!

So the bartender lines up 20 shots of his best Scotch and watches this guy down one after the other.

"Man," the bartender says, "I've never seen anyone drink shots that fast"!

"You'd drink them that fast too if you have what I have," the guy says.

"Oh my God," says the bartender, "what do you have"?

"50 cents

A police officer in a small town stopped a motorist who was speeding down Main Street.

"But officer", the man began, "I can explain"...

"Quiet" snapped the officer! "I'm going to let you spend the night in jail until the chief gets back".

"But, officer, I just wanted to say"...

"And I said be quiet! You're going to jail"!

A few hours later the officer looked in on his prisoner and said, "Lucky for you, the chief's at his daughter's wedding so he'll be in a good mood when he gets back".

"Don't count on it", answered the guy in the cell. "I'm the groom".
                Last edited by Mick; April 24, 2021, 11:14 AM.
                af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Mae all - good tidings...

A beautiful spring day here... awake most of the night worrying about whether I had screwed up some estate stuff.. will find out,,

Thx, Mick, for your vision of of what is... evertything is always changing, right?

Take care all, will be looking for you tomorrow-

Comment

Saturday evening greetings friends,

Nice day here now we’re expecting 12 hrs of rain. Saved me from watering anyway, haha.
                    Kept myself busy with indoor & outdoor projects, now I’m sitting.

Cyn, I’m sure you’ll have a chance to amend the estate stuff, try not to worry :hug:
                    I’m finding it hard to stay focused on any one project myself but i’m blaming it on the high pollen count. Some days I feel like a real nitwit.
                    I will gladly share any of my plants with you so I hope things grow as planned.

Pauly, how’s the allergens out your way this spring? I think I would be in even worse condition if it wasn’t for the mask wearing, honestly.
                    I’m not anxious to jump into 100% openings either. I think i’m getting used to having my own space & may not be willing to give it up now.

Mick, you accomplish so much in a day’s time you should give yourself a small break now & then. What would happen to you if you ran out of projects anyway? Haha
                    My son does know his limitations & sitting quietly behind a desk is just not possible for him. He needs to be out & about & moving around ~ kind like you
                    I’m sure he will settle into something that meets his needs, he always does. Good luck with the fuschia, I’ve never had much luck with them myself.
                    I’ll have to remember your advice: Never miss a good chance to shut up!! LOL

PQ, i’m guessing your laptop has met it’s end? Check in with me on Messenger so I know you’re OK. Hope your day was good!

Hello to Det, must be busy

Hello to Sam & Pie too.

Have a nice night all.
                    Lav
                    AF since 03/26/09
                    NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Mae all -

Misty morning here, but the moisture is good... easier to take than that wild storm a few days ago.

Pauly, open 100%? That must be just Vegas... in North Tahoe, where I am heading for the festival, there are still distance requirements... I guess the Governor just is letting each county decide what to do... good luck, and stay safe. Thank you for the kind words.

Mick, thanks for the jokes! I love the sound of your books... it's so great when there is a series of books to get through...

PPQ, hoping you are okay...

Lav, I understand your desire to keep life quiet after everything opens up... it has made many places much more peaceful. And I think generally everyone is healthier... we'll see what happens. Hope your geraniums are doing well!

Det, here's sending you more good vibes - hope you are getting more work!

Sam, Pie and all others, wishing you the best--

Comment

Working...
                      X