Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 23rd may .

Greetings friends,

It’s the day after the big storm & the cleanup around the area continues. Power was out only 2 hours last night & we didn’t miss a thing with our new generator. Sticks, branches & leaves blown all over the place but not a big deal. Surrounding roads are still closed until they get all the trees cut up & moved off the roads. Can’t wait to see what actual hurricane season brings next month, geez.

Mick, glad you’re home safe! You know we also have a 90 mile trip to get to the southern Delaware & Maryland beaches. It’s not that far yet you still feel that you have gotten away
    YB’s hand hasn’t fallen off yet so I think he’s OK. He usually does get at least one of these snake bites each summer. I will not touch those things, ugh!!

Det, Happy Birthday & I saw your knife video - very cool! Knives like that scare the hell out of me, haha. You chef types can keep the knives, haha!
    Hope the family visit goes well & Congrats on the new work!! YAY!!

Hello to Cyn, PQ, Sam, Pauly & Pie. Thinking of you all.

Have a nice night all!
    Lav
    AF since 03/26/09
    NF since 05/19/09
    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

MAE ALL...

Mick...glad you're home safe and sound. Looks like you've found a new escape place for short retreats. Sorry about the lost post, it is frustrating. I'm assuming you're picking up the peskies tomorrow? Hope they are well, I bet you missed them.

TG...I can't believe it's been a year already. I feel like I've been in limbo this whole time. I'm glad you got yourself checked out and hope you're feeling better.

Pauly...when in programing mode I find it hard to relax on the computer. I hope you can figure out something else workwise as you haven't been happy there for awhile now.

Det...happy birthday day, sounds like a good score. I've been watching a lot of cooking shows lately and the number one must have is a good sharp knife. I'm sure you'll put it to good use. Hope you enjoy your evening.

Lav...what's with your weather? It was actually 72F today, that's about as hot as I like it. I'm glad there wasn't too much damage. Hope YB's injury is healing, I'm with you, I wouldn't touch those things either. Our premier announced a 3 stage summer reopening plan yesterday with all restrictions being lifted by July 9th. Of course that's when the Calgary Stampede is supposed to open and then we'll have thousands flooding into the city. I can see everything coming to a crashing stop come September. Oh well, I'll continue to wear my mask and keep my distance from everyone.

Had a successful zoom meeting yesterday and got all the programing out for testing which worked according to the responses from my test subjects this morning. LOL Then had to sit through a virtual meeting with the prog coord and boss. Of course with the covid restriction changes that means she has to change all her program requirements. Basically I said the ball is in your court, let me know what changes you need done to the website and then put it all out of my mind. The mandatory work from home restriction is supposed to be lifted mid June and when I asked the boss about it he didn't really give an answer. So I'm staying home until he actually says it's time to start working from the office again.

Hoping we all have a peaceful evening....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Mae all!

Sending lots of love. I am working through the the recovery of my back pain... all will be well, eventually.

I will, fill in with worthy details later... happy TGIF tomorrow...

Comment

And good afternoon everyone how are we today then ? hope everyone is well . Bear with me I'm using my new phone to trying put this lot together. it has got an absolutely superb camera on it And has also the facility to mirror anything from my phone onto the television very handy for the Van.
          Just been out to the Van starting to unpack bits and pieces and yes starting to think of the next break . The grass in the back garden has grown pretty long so looks like the rabbits will be on party time when they get home. Raining today but it's nice and cool trying to find the post from yesterday not a chance. Going to nip down the shops the rain has just fared off off so I will nip down before my hair gets wet take care everyone I will put some jokes up later

Arlene Foster awarded £125,000 damages after unfounded claims of affair with bodyguard.
          ..Bodyguard awarded £1million.

Honestly, the guy in my local chemist is so rude! All I did was ask him for some piles cream, and he told me to shove it up my ass!

America has seen a large rise cases of the Indian variant.

We now go over to our curryspondent in NY to tell us more.

Beer is the secret to catching fish. In order to think like a fish, you have to drink like a fish.

Doctor: “How much alcohol have you been drinking every week”?

Me: “Look, I've been shielding in my home for nearly a year and a half, with a 3-year-old, 1-year-old and a wife...

How much alcohol do you think I've drunk?”

At 71, how does Francis Rossi manage to maintain the status quo?

Due to Covid there are new rules at Gyms. You can no longer join and then just not turn up. You have to book a slot to avoid overcrowding and then not turn up to that.

Imagine if the Seven Dwarves were Scousers. Yeah right.
          "Hi-ho, hi-ho, it's off to work we go..."

I got chatting to a hot blonde the other day.

"Tell me about yourself," she said.

"Well," I cooed, "I am a romantic guy with a good sense of humour."

Sitting at home every morning while my mates go to work, I now realise that I shouldn't have said that during a job interview.
          Last edited by Mick; May 28, 2021, 10:25 AM.
          af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Greetings friends,

Damp, chilly & definitely not holiday weekend weather here, haha! Currently in the 50’s. My 10 yr old grandson has requested to stay here this weekend so he will be moving in with his appetite tomorrow morning & I’m stocked & ready!!
            The roads have finally opened up around here after this week’s storm rampage. The electric company seems to spend more time trimming & removing trees than doing actual electric work.
            So everything is working again, until the next time I guess.

PQ, our weather is absolutely stupid, I don’t know what else to say. It’s supposed to be cold & rainy all this long holiday weekend. I’ll take 72 degree weather any day!!
            YB is fine, still running his Amish Uber biz, LOL
            We have been out to a few places without masks this week only because those places were people-less. I won’t go into a crowded place without a mask until I see more people have been vaccinated. I’m not stupid & the mask doesn’t bother me a bit.
            Glad you have work squared away & hope you can enjoy the weekend. Maybe going back into work next month won’t be too bad, wait & see.

Cyn, I’ve been thinking about your fracture, specifically the location. My Mom had several spinal fxs but hers were lower lumbar area. We had a woman come to the house to measure & mold a brace for her which helped a lot. I think yours may be too high for a support device like that unless they have come up with something new. Were you by any chance offered a TENS unit for help with the pain? That could be useful. Wish I was closer to give you a hand. Please take care :hug:

Mick, glad to hear the bunnies will be helping with the mowing, LOL. Our wild bunnies have left the nest so those little things are out on their own now. I hope the predators (including my dog) leave them alone. I hope you kept your hair dry today

Hello to Pauly & Det, Sam & Pie.
            Have a nice night all!

Lav
            AF since 03/26/09
            NF since 05/19/09

Comment

MAE ALL...

TG...you just rest and take care of your back. I wish we were all there to help you out, at least you're getting good nurse Lav advice.

Mick...new phone?? Sounds like you're getting it figured out and the ability to link to the TV is great. No rain here today but temps dropped by 10 degrees and it's been very windy all day. This is supposed to move out tonight and we're looking at warm, sunny weather for the weekend. Unlike the weather we had on our long weekend last week. LOL

Lav...moving in with his appetite. LOL Glad you're stocked and ready. Glad the clean up from the storm is done, makes getting around for you much easier. Glad YB is good, Amish Uber biz, love it. Good job finding some people-less places. Regardless of the restriction status I won't be changing any of my habits till after my second vaccine dose. The way this is working out I'll probably end up going back into work just as the boss takes 3 weeks vacation. That would actually be the best scenario. LOL

Prog coord has put off tennis lesson registration from June 1 to June 7. I was wondering if she would give me all these program changes to do on Monday for Tuesday's opening. Kept looking at the online program registration and nothing had changed so wasn't too worried. Not opening my work email this weekend in case she actually does something. LOL It has just clouded over and thunderstorm warnings have been issued. May have to change my mind about grilling the steaks on the BBQ.

Shout out to the rest of the gang. Det...how'd the family dinner go?
              Have a nice night all....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Mae all,

Welcome home Mick - glad everything seems to be in good order on your return. Hello to the happy peskies...

PPQ, not opening your email this weekend seems like a good idea! Hope the rain moves out and you get some nice days.

Lav, sheesh, I totally missed hearing about your storms... so sorry that it is a cold holiday weekend... no fair! Glad you are all stocked up for grandson this weekend... he will probably be watching videos the whole time? I have good-ish news to report... I have somewhat less pain, and I am able to move about more... I actually walked down and back a block today, and am not worse for the wear. The doc to,d me that they would not immobilize this site... and told me to keep moving, so I am. I finally feel like there will be an end in site - I was a little worried. Thanks for your concern, and I will remember the TENS idea if I need it.

Pauly, how's things... any weekend plans? Hello to busy Det, and all those who stop by.

So, this morning I experienced my first earthquake! What a sound, and wild to see the lampshade moving and all things jiggling... it was a 4.4, somewhere out in the middle of Lake Tahoe. I first heard something weird in the brick chimney about 5 AM, but fell back to sleep. Then the bigger one came about 8:30 AM, with another one around 10. I guess there are big fault lines around here, but I had never experienced this on the last 10 summers... sobering...
                IMG_0636.jpg

Wishing all well this holiday weekend...

Comment

Mae everybody, Cyn I read about that earthquake! I had my first last year and it really throws off your equilibrium, hope you heal up quickly, sounds like it's moving along Det belated happy birthday,hope things pick up job wise for us both,Lav,it'll be fun having your grandson over the weekend, had Lou yesterday and was surprised he wanted to go home,usually I hafta peel him outta here haha,waves to the gang and wishes for a great BF Saturday!
                  I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                  Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

hiya all how are we then?hope all is good. Fantastic weather here today ,really glorious. Picked the rabbits up this morning ....and yep its started already ...got home ..Bonnie has already jumped the gate to get behind the greenhouse .now bearing in mind that I left the grass long deliberately for them..and guess what ..they started eating roses ..

hiya teegee ..yep home now ..next jaunt away is 2nd July ..a place called Ravenglass ..in the Lake District.....glad you are managing to walk a bit ..tens is good ..I use it when I do long bimbles...hope you have a nice weekend ..and no more quakes

hiya pauly how are you? Hope all is well and you have a great weekend .

hiya ppqpq ...hope all good in canadia .yes managing to work the new phone out....slowly ...did you get your funderstorm?take care and have a lovely weekend.

hiya Lav how are you then?all good? The nice weather should be on the way to you...glad the rabbits are on their own now..the ones at your place..like you I dont make a point of going into crowds ...have you stocked cupboards for grandson ?lucky you! take care ..

a big hiya to everyone ,,,
                    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Good evening all,

Chilly & cloudy here, only `50 degrees. Definitely not a typical summer holiday weekend.
                      Grandson arrived a bit late this morning. Apparently he had a giant nosebleed overnight & his mother said his room looked like a crime scene & had to get that cleaned up before she left. He has these nosebleeds after having a head cold so this is nothing new. I will see what I can do to prevent him having one here tonight. I have him using a saline nasal spray, should help. Never a dull moment haha!

PQ, hope you got your warm sunny weather today
                      This is a NO work weekend because I said so, haha!!

Cyn, glad to hear you are out & about a bit! Keep doing that to keep your overall strength up
                      Earthquakes are strange. We’ve had 3 that I can remember, small ones like that but enough to get your attention. Hope you have a good weekend!

Mick, you offer them grass & they take your roses?? Ha ha!!! You just never know!
                      I’d love to see some nice weather here but I don’t think it will be happening this weekend. Hope you get some quiet time to relax.

Pauly, the kids change as they get older & realize there are other things to do that visiting grandma. Mine are not here as often but they generally come over at their request. Hope your weekend is goood!

Hello to Det, Sam & Pie.

Have a nice night all.
                      Lav
                      AF since 03/26/09
                      NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Working...
                      X