Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 30 may

Heya ABeroooos!

My how times flies... egad. zipping like a real nutjob as always trying to figure out how to pay bills and market/bill/work/live all at once. It's not for whimpy folks that's for sure.
    Had a spectacular and physically demanding Memorial Day weekend of hiking with Darlene's cousins from WI and made it to the super cool timpanogos Cave which is a really neato
    national monument, then off to another hike another day to some high-elevation lakes in the mountains that were so darn pretty. I better find some of my pics to share soon.

Mick, excellent crafting/building as always I see

I see the rest of the gang is dealing with the same heat we've got here... popping into the triple digits tomorrow which is unusual for around here. And I have a black on black car with no functioning
    AC. yippeeee! oh well. at least the bloody thing runs.

Got one of my cameras back from the shop all fixed-up so that's a relief. Anyhoo.... off to figure out something to feed the ladies....

be well loves!
    nosce te ipsum
    (Know Thyself)

Comment

Greetings friends,

Big storm going on at the moment. We have flood, hail, heavy wind & even tornado warnings up - geez!
      I’m staying put &hoping the chickens were smart enough to go inside, haha!

PQ, our stormy weather is supposed to be followed by a heat wave, haha. Sounds like a bad joke
      I really would at least set up a motion activated flood light & some sort of noisy alarm system to scare off those little turds. I don’t have a whole lot of patience these days, Lol
      Hope you can get your 2nd vaccine asap. We had to have the two Moderna doses 4 weeks apart. Stay safe no matter what!

Mick, we’re supposed to be getting about 3” of rain from this storm. We don’t need it, really!
      I hope all the grass & tree pollens drown tonight so I can get a break from sneezing, haha!

Det, saw your cave pics on FB - very cool!! Not sure I’m good for hiking to see those things anymore so I’ll enjoy your photography
      We’ll have to collect donations to get your AC fixed in your black car - geez that sounds hot!! Keep up the great work!

Hello to Cyn, Pauly, Sam & Pie. Hope everyone is OK.

Have a nice night all!
      Lav
      AF since 03/26/09
      NF since 05/19/09
      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

MAE ALL...

Busy day yesterday starting off with a virtual meeting with the boss. Time to figure out opening strategy in regards to availability/cost of facility room rentals, increasing rent on our long term clients, catering menu updates, etc. If the boss calls for a one hour meeting you have to plan for 21/2 hours at least. At the end he said he had to run and I said wait, we haven't talked about website updates and programs (the prog coord hasn't updated anything). So he scheduled another meeting in the afternoon, that's a total of 5 hours I'll never get back. LOL At least I was heard and got a time commitment out of her. Just because she wants to go live on Monday why does that mean I have to work the weekend!

Mick...our heat wave has ended and there is a chance of rain this weekend. I like the addition of the baseball bat. LOL Yup, going with gut instinct.

Det...good to see you popping in, you are one busy man. It's nice that you were able to spend time with the cousins but it does sound physically exhausting.

Lav...oh no, you got clobbered. Hope there's not too much damage. We debated the motion sensor flood lights but we're surrounded by apartment buildings and we get enough complaints about the lights on the tennis court and hockey rink. Can just imagine the complaints we'd get with rabbits setting off the flood lights all night.

Got to get some breakfast before yet another virtual meeting with the boss this morning. Have a good day all....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Mae all, sorry to be away... the days are flying by as we get the early things for the concert season up to speed for the festival... website, contracts, sponsorships (my area), ticketing, fundraising. I must say the website is beautiful, if you care to look: classicaltahoe.org.

Mick, the bunny-in-a-box almost looked like a garden ornament! So glad to see all of your hard work come to fruition. Good luck with the table... that sounds complicated.

Lav, before I forget - how is your BP? Getting regulated? I was shocked when I went to Urgent Care that my BP was 175/98... that's a first. I guess pain can do that. Yikes, storms and heat and all sorts of weather for you. It is actually hot up here at 7,000'feet?! Mid-80s yesterday... I need to buy some summer clothes... didn't really bring much of that here. Hoping the weather sorts itself out and you get some sunny days...

PPQ, good job on getting things ready to open... I hope the co-worker steps up and boss doesn't go AWOL! Take care -

Det, so good to hear from you , wow that sounds like a lot of hiking, but beautiful... yikes on the car a/c... wishing you lots of good jobs flowing to you soon.

Hello to Pie, Pauly, Sam and all others dropping by... wishing all the best...

Comment

Good evening friends,

We had a ton of rain last night but no damage except for the mulch in my garden beds. It was washed out all over the place but I got it swept back into place this morning. We were supposed to have another storm this afternoon but it never arrived. Tomorrow begins a run of at least 5 days with temps. 90 & humid. You know I’ll be hanging out inside haha!

Cyn, you have been a busy girl Glad things are coming along in Tahoe.
            Yes, pain will increase your B/P temporarily but I would keep an eye on it, just in case. Mine is wonderful in the morning & at dinner time but by 9:30-10 pm it’s up to 164/96 on average. It’s freaking ridiculous, I’ve tried everything I can think of to get it lower. May have to actually see a Cardiologist for an eval.

PQ, maybe your place needs to hire a night time security service, just a thought!
            Don’t work this weekend, you deserve the time off. Get some R&R time in this weekend

Mick, hope all is well with you!

Hello to Pauly & Det, Sam & Pie.

Have a n ice night all!
            Lav
            AF since 03/26/09
            NF since 05/19/09

Comment

hiya all...how are we then today?all good I hope ...well yesterday
              was definitely a bad day at black rock for me ..in the front garden messing about rabbits out the back ,I had the garage door open...a roller shutter type finished what I was doing, and pressed the down button garage door ..walked away a length of perspex fell into the path of the door and jammed it..stopped it coming down..instead of cutting out ,the motor kept running unravelling the shutter ..out of the guides...door now is jammed completely open with it all unravelled at an angle .I then tried to free it so that I could at leas shut the door ..part of it did so ,but it grabbed my hand on the way down ..nearly took my hand in ..Almost time to go to a second hand shop!I snatched it away few cuts n scratches ..It gets better!bearing in mind the front of the motorhome is about 8 inches away from the swinging door edge decided to move the van ..reversed it ..straight into the anti theft post thats behind it ..cracked the fibre glass below number plate..I phoned around everywhere to get someone out to repair door but on a Friday? Eventually got a crew who came through last night ..they had been on a job till about 5 .They questioned the door on the following ..

The roller slats were fitted upside down ..they can gather water the way they are in .
              you should not be able to walk away from the door it should be either remoted or button operated .
              There is no brake on the door to stop it rolling and gathering up
              There is no fail safe edge
              A couple of the plastic edges are snapped

Time for a new door .

On the van side..a friend that did some work on my last van,is gong to fix it for me .

so that was yesterday ..If I had been drinking ..yesterday would have been a bender day..on a positive note ...it was sunny .and also the pollen count was lower ..

hope everyone is good have a great weekend
              af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Mae everybody, Mick yikes! Sounds freaky Lav hope the BP settles down sheesh,not much going on here,drama at the shop that doesn't include me but still irritating, why can't grown ass women get along??? I could see bickering in your 20's but these ladies are 50+ grow up! Anyhoo much love to all and wishes for a great BF Saturday!
                I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

MAE ALL...

TG...wow, you have been busy and I concur the website is beautiful. The co-worker did step up and I completed all program and website updates this morning. After this I'm shutting the laptop down.

Lav...glad you didn't have a disaster on your hands and the clean up was quick. Oooh big thunder boom...no rain yet. Did finish off things for Monday opening but now I'm done and hoping this thunder turns into a wicked storm. I have nothing I'd have to clean up afterwards. LOL

Mick...wow, what an ordeal. I was a little nervous reading about your hand so I'm glad it's ok. Did you put the garage door in yourself? Asking for a friend. Glad you're able to get some help with the van. So, what are you going to do next Friday?

Pauly...glad the drama didn't include you. I think everyone's nerves are a bit stretched these days.

Just waiting for the rain to start and then turning on the nintendo, I think it's time for some Mario. LOL Have a Super Saturday all....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Helllo all,

Mick, OMG that was a complete sh*t show you described, geez!!! Good thing you’re not a drinking man
                    Stuff can be fixed but personal injury is more of a concern. Hope the hand is OK. And just so you know I’m not always steady on my feet either, old head injuries do that to a person.
                    I hope the rest of the weekend is much improved! Take care!

Pauly, I can’t even imagine what these women have to fight about. What’s the big deal? Just go to work, do your job & go home!! Glad you were spared that BS.

PQ, be careful what you wish for, haha! The problem around here is so many overgrown trees hanging over power lines so when we have these storms we lose power easily. The electric company spends a good portion of the year trimming people’s trees because most are too lazy or too cheap to get it done themselves. Glad you’re all caught up with work.

Cyn, hope your day is going well!

Hello to Sam, Det & Pie.

Have a nice night all!
                    Lav
                    AF since 03/26/09
                    NF since 05/19/09

Comment

#notwinning
                      arg! girly meltdown last night replete with her flipping out and getting verbally and physically violent, then they went out for a 'drive and chat' and I walked to the corner store and got 4 beers which I slammed in short order.
                      son of a freaking biscuit! I'm so mad at myself, and her. and probably other things. Had one drink today. stopped. staying stopped. i just got a text from Darlene saying girly has agreed to therapy. by dog I hope that actually happens.
                      Haven't been sleeping in days, crap appetite, horrid anxiety... the writing was on the wall and I didn't get it. Making calls for group therapy as i really miss it. I just need support beyond what I can get here.
                      sorry gang. just trying to hang on here.
                      I hope you are all enjoying the weekend.
                      Love
                      nosce te ipsum
                      (Know Thyself)

Comment

Det :hug:
                        Sorry everything went to shit. You've been dealing with a lot and the girly situation doesn't help.
                        You're right, the writing was on the wall, and I know that F it attitude, but so glad to hear you've stopped.
                        Hope you find a group for therapy as it's worked in the past and seems to be what you like.
                        You're right about support beyond what you can get at home. They may love us but they haven't walked in our shoes.
                        You hang in there and reach out to us instead of the corner store.....:heartbeat: PPQP

Comment

Dear Det you've got this! I agree that it would be great to find a group or meditation where you are... trying to handle all the things that you have been handling is SO hard by yourself... and our families don't always "get" how to be there for us, or how to NOT compound difficulties. Sending you huge vibes for best of luck and some REST and good connections with sober people. We know you can do it!

Mick, holy cow, what a day!!! I don't care about anything except you are okay... the rest is just stuff... annoying, but still just stuff. glad the rabbits were nowhere near that door! Hope you can take a break and enjoy the fruits of your labor... have you found another good author to read?

Pauly, sorry for the little dramas at work, but glad that you are able to be back at the shop seeing people. Hang in there --

Lav, my normal BP is around 110/something low... one doctor wondered if I could "fog a mirror"! Maybe you seeing a cardiologist would be good... maybe the bit of virus yougot in the vaccine did some heart damage, who knows, that evil thing is so bizarre... good luck! Sorry about the hot weather... it's even hot up here at 6,000 feet, so strange.

Glad to hear some Nintendo and Mario is in the works for you PPQ - congrats on taking some time off!

Today was a sweet day, somehow a friend knew it was my birthday, and we had a lovely lunch overlooking the lake. Another friend sent flowers, so I was well cared for. Glad, because yesterday I could see the signs that my sweet elderly dog is failing... so we are entering a Hospice phase here... managing my emotions okay so far... glad that i can work from home and just be with him...

Sending all love and light and strength...

Comment

Working...
                          X