6th June

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 6th June

TG...sorry to hear of Zander's passing. You stay strong and we're here for you. :hug:

Comment

hello all ..hope we are well.Firstly Cyn ...sorry to hear of Zanders passing...I take it you let him go ...its so hard .but when an animal is suffering their welfare is more important than us ..Gd bless you ..you have had a really hard time ..you have my utmost respect for having the courage to put up with it all ...and also staying sane and sober . If you need to talk Im here as are us all ...just to listen ..big hugs to you .stay strong .

hiya Lav ...hows you then/all good I hope ...my trips to costco are to the fuel pumps ..raining here so latest project stopped ...Van goes to garage tomorrow .let me know how taking the meds helps or otherwise ...Yep he sure has a load of animals to look after ..you take care .

hiya pauly from an injury free me how are you then? All ok I hope...

hiya ppqp ..hows you then hope all is going well for you .You sound busy..how is the foot doing has the swelling gone down?

stay safe everyone else

have a look at this it typifies today!!

The Chief Apologises | Scot Squad | BBC Scotland Comedy - YouTube
      Last edited by Mick; June 10, 2021, 10:33 AM.
      af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Good evening friends,

Cyn, I am so sorry about Zander. He had such a good life with you & was a steadfast friend. You did the right thing for him, I know how hard it is too.
        Sending you much love & strength :hug: Take good care of you!

PQ, I guess after a year + in lockdown it must seem like a lot to get things open & running. I know businesses are anxious to get back in money making mode. I just don’t feel the need to rush things. I’d much rather be safer now & not sorry later.

Pauly, hope you are well.

Mick, sounds like you have things under control. We can’t control the rain unfortunately. I think more rain is on the way for tomorrow although I didn’t order any.
        I moved my morning dose of Telmisartan to dinner time tonight to see if it prevents the usual bedtime B/P spike. If it works I’ll make it a daily dinnertime dose, we’ll see. The HCTZ (diuretic) has to be taken in the morning for obvious reasons

Det, hope you are OK.
        Hello Pauly, I saw some Insta cart shoppers in Giant supermarket this morning. Don’t know if you have them out west but they’re nice stores.

Hello to Sam & Pie.

Wishing everyone a decent night!
        Lav
        AF since 03/26/09
        NF since 05/19/09
        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

MAE ALL...

Mick...the swelling in my left foot goes down during the night and then slowly builds during the day. It's strange that it's only in the one foot. Yup, it's been busy. Although our Tennis Lessons don't start till July there was a lot of prep/programming work to do. Hence working last weekend. We our opening our Tennis Courts next week and I only have a bit of website updates to do for that. However I did have to sit through a 2 hour virtual meeting while the boss went through the booking system. Oh well, I'd rather know what's going on than being left in the dark.

Lav...i do know the boss is feeling better about actually offering something to the residents. Maybe the board's been on his case? We went to stage 2 of our re-opening today which allows for a little bit more freedom but nothing drastic. The mandatory work from home was lifted but was recommended that if you can work from home to continue to do so. That would be me. LOL Our rain has ended, sorry it looks like it's coming your way, and we're in for a hot, sunny and dry weekend.

Thinking of TG and Det, remember we're here for you.
          Shout out to Pi, Sam and Pauly.

Have a good night all...:smile:PPQP

Comment

good afternoon all..how are we? hope all is good ..its hot here ..and raining ..yes raining..its suppposed to be really sunny this weekend .took the van in this morning ..waiting for them to call..its supposed to be done today...

hiya teegee ..how are you today ...hurting I guess ,and missing your friend ,understandable but he is pain free at peace on rainbow bridge .keep those ice cream memories safe .x

hiya ppqp oh your rain has ended has it ? good job ..did this G7 gang bring it with them?sounds like your leg is building fluid with activity...dont know why though ...take care .

hiya Lav how are you then? hope all is well.yep we cant control the weather ..I was going to say everything else is ok ...but lets not tempt fate ..they still havent decided whether they are opening everywhere up on the 21st..Yesterday they reckon 1.1 million vaccines were done ..so I would reckon they let them come into effect first ..Julie is off work today ...she is planning next years holidays ..pretty interesting ...a lot of places are filling up already ..

take care

right all have a pleasant and safe weekend
            af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Mae all -

Thanks all for the comforting understanding. This 'missing' will go on a long while, our lives were certainly intertwined.

Sounds like everyone is keepin' on... sending lots of love to all - be safe out there -

Comment

Hey kids!

It’s been raining since before I got up today & hasn’t stopped yet, yuck. But it’s only 61 degrees outside so I guess I shouldn’t complain too much.
                Our bumper crop of strawberries had me searching for ideas of what to do with them in a low sugar way so I’ve baked some strawberry scones & pureed the rest to freeze in ice cube trays for future use in something. There’s still a whole lot more coming but at least for now I’m caught up with them.

PQ, do you have any redness or heat in that foot? It’s not likely rheumatoid in nature since it’s only happening on one side, hmm. Can you keep that foot elevated on a chair or something while you’re at your desk? My feet swell slightly when sitting too long, pain in the a$$, haha! Since I’ve been watching the salt intake closer than ever there’s been improvement. Nothing is ever easy. I hope you have a work free weekend in store so you can enjoy the warm weather.

Mick, I think it’s a day by day thing with you staying out of the injury department. Good job so far today
                Biden has set a goal of having 70% of us vaccinated by July 4th. I think we’re at 66% today so it’s possible we’ll make his goal. The news is concerning about the Delta variant & how quickly it spreads among younger folks. Planning a vacation a year ahead must be rough, I hope Julie has good luck!

Cyn, thinking of you as always :hug:
                At some point I will send you a link to the company that made large prints of my dogs for me, I have them hanging in my kitchen where I spend so much time. It’s a comfort to see them.

Det, hope things are peaceful at your house.

Hello to Pauly, Sam & Pie.

Have a decent night all!
                Lav
                AF since 03/26/09
                NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Mae all - just checking in and sending love -

Lav, I would love the name of the place... I have so many great pics, thx for your understanding. (Ps- When I was trying to be my 60 lb dog into the car for that emergency visit, I thought you and your Swissy... that had to be hard...)

Take care all --

Comment

MAE ALL...

So much for having everything wrapped up for today. Co-worker decided I should process some requests as she doesn't work Fridays. Seems to me she had been working all along until it actually came to work! We've had more vandalism in the garden with the little sh*ts turning on all the in-ground taps and flooding the place. Will have to head over tomorrow to shut off water access and then instruct all the members how to access it. Then had to do some damage control with the flurries of emails that came in I didn't want my building supervisor driving in from out of town, will have to speak to some people about email etiquette. Been a frustrating evening and now ready to quit and put everything out of my mind. Will check in with everyone tomorrow. Have a good night....:smile:PPQP

Comment

hi all ...how are we then today? hope all is well ...Really sunny over here today ..hot as heck ...even the rabbits arent out .Got the van back last night ..he did an excellent job on it ...another accident free day for me....

hiya teegee ...hope you are as ok as you can be today ...you keep keepin on too .

hiya ppqp ...how are you then? sorry the little scrotes got to your garden again...have you got any cameras or anything around?..there needs to be some way that they can be stopped. Perhaps some sort of community action .just switch off and enjoy your weekend ..

hiya Lav...hows you then ...yes I saw your scones ...nice ..you could haven given some to Biden for me ..It is difficult planning a jolliday but so far doing not too bad .hope you have a great weekend ..you need some sun or are you ok?

hiya everyone else ..hope all is good

Comment

Greetings friends,

No rain today & the sun arrived at 4 pm - better than nothing I guess.
                        My daughter & her family are camping in a tent tonight so I’m glad they won’t get saturated, geez!

Cyn, don’t be fooled by the name of this place. They did an excellent job for me, I’ve had 3 12”x12: canvas wrapped portraits made, love them all.
                        Canvas On The Cheap
                        Yes, handling these large dogs was quite tough & you are still healing from your fall. How is your back feeling now? Better I hope :hug:

PQ, our house security system is hooked up to the State Police & our local fire dept. If someone attempts a break in or a fire starts when we’re not home the appropriate authorities are notified immediately. You need a system like that & I would give a damn about the audible alarms bothering nearby homeowners. This sh*tshow should not be your burden to carry!!! Hope you get some relaxation time.

Mick, congrats on another injury free day!!
                        The scones were delicious & low in sugar which is important too. YB put a frozen cube of strawberry puree in his smoothie this morning 7 said it worked great. I think I will freeze the rest of the strawberries as they come in & also do the same with the blueberries that will be ripening soon

Hello to Pauly & Det & Sam & Pie, hope everyone os OK.

Have a nice night all!!
                        Lav
                        AF since 03/26/09
                        NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Mae all -

Took a 4-mile hike this morning... there is a lovely walking and bike path for the public that I am close to... so walked by wonderful,turquoise and blue in the water. Tried to see all of that beauty as a sign...

PPQ,,so sorry for all,the aggravations - I truly hope that you are taking time off.

Mick, glad you are finding some vacay that sounds good to you - stay accident free -

Lav, can't wait to hear how they fared in the tent at the house! Thank you for the link - really appreciate it...

Pauly, Det, Sam, Pie and all - good wishes -

Comment

Working...
                          X