13 June

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

13 June

hi all ..the hottest day this year ..fell today ...and is it hot ..hope everyone is good .

hiya Lav..hows the campers?did they survive the night without the black mambas ,groundhogs and any other skeery critturs you have ..bought some strawberries this morning "wonky strawberries" they dont fit the shape or grade or something so they sell them cheaper now ..they used to sling them.
    take care and have a great day .

hiya teegee ...glad you got a wee hike in well done ..Im out for a bimble tomorrow with Julie and then a longer one on Thursday with my mate ..We have organised this and most of next years holidays and booked places..but I want to go out to islands off the north of Jockland..so we shall see parts of them are nearer Norway than London you take care ...

hiya ppqp ..how are you then? hope all is well with you..any word on the little gits that did your gardens over?identify them ,send the parents the bill ..if they refuse then send in the bailiffs to seize goods..You had a good weekend?

hiya pauly you ok?

The best thing about the internet is that you can claim credit for things you had no part in. It’s one of the reasons I invented it

If there is going to be a sausage war with Germany then we need to be prepared for the wurst.

I phoned the Weak Bladder Helpline about my problem. It's 1p a minute.

I bought a new SatNav it's really good,,,
    Yesterday I drove past a Zoo and it said Bear Left .....
    Now that's clever !

Q: What go's peck peck Bang, peck peck Bang...?
    A: A flock of chickens in a mine field!

Knock knock.
    Who's there.
    Doorbell repair man.

Girl to her boyfriend: Just one kiss and I'll be yours forever.

The guy replies: Thanks for the early warning.

A newly married man asked his wife, "Would you have married me if my father hadn't left me a fortune?"

"Honey," the woman replied sweetly, "I'd have married you, NO MATTER WHO LEFT YOU A FORTUNE"

Aboard an El Al flight from Israel to America, Grandma Esther was taking her very first flight. They had only been aloft a few minutes when the old lady complained to the stewardess that her ears were popping.

The girl smiled and gave the older woman some chewing gum, assuring her that many people experienced the same discomfort.

When they landed in New York, Grandma thanked the stewardess. "The chewing gum worked fine," she said, "but tell me, how do I get it out of my ears"?

A drunk staggers into a Catholic Church, enters a confessional booth, sits down, but says nothing.

The Priest coughs a few times to get his attention but the drunk continues to sit there.Finally, the Priest pounds three times on the wall.

The drunk mumbles, "ain't no use knockin, there's no paper on this side either"!

A young man shopping in a supermarket noticed a little old lady following him around.

If he stopped, she stopped. Furthermore she kept staring at him. She finally overtook him at the checkout, and she turned to him and said, "I hope I haven't made you feel ill at ease; it's just that you look so much like my late son."

He answered, "That's okay."

"I know it's silly, but if you'd call out "Good bye, Mom" as I leave the store it would make me feel so happy."

She then went through the checkout and as she was on her way out of the store the man called out, "Goodbye, Mom."

The little old lady waved, and smiled back at him

Pleased that he had brought a little sunshine Into someone's day he went to pay for his groceries.

"That comes to $121.85," said the clerk.

"How come so much ...I only bought 5 items.."

The clerk replied, "Yeah, but your Mother said you'd be paying for her things, too."

An engineering student was walking across campus when another engineer rides up on a shiny new motorcycle.

"Where did you get such a great bike?" asked the first.

The second engineer replied,

"Well, I was walking along yesterday minding my own business when a beautiful woman rode up on this bike. She threw the bike to the ground, took off all her clothes and said, "Take what you want. "

The second engineer nodded approvingly, "Good choice; Her clothes probably wouldn't have fitted you."

Lowell, Massachusetts, is an old New England Mill town. Many of the Mills have been declared National Historical Sites and are included in a Federal Park.

The problem was what to do with the other mills, and how to attract more tourists to the area.

One bright young marketer pointed out that Germans like to travel with their dogs, and this was difficult in the U.S. "Why not make the mills into canine hotels?" he suggested.

The plan was adopted on a trial basis, but not without some skepticism.

Several months later, the skeptics approached the young man to ask how the experiment was going.

"Just listen!" he said, ... "The Mills are alive with the hounds of Munich!"

In a small town in the US, there is a rather sizable factory that hires only married men. Concerned about this, a local woman called on the manager and asked him, "Why is it you limit your employees to married men? Is it because you think women are weak, dumb, cantankerous... or what?"

"Not at all, Ma'am," the manager replied. "It is because our employees are used to obeying orders, are accustomed to being shoved around, know how to keep their mouths shut and don't pout when I yell at them."
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Re: 13 June

Happy Sunday evening friends,

Rain-free day but cloudy, oh well. Just finished picking more strawberries & some blueberries as well. Wish I could share with all of you, really .
    The campers had a good time & stayed dry. There’s an animal rescue on the campground property so there’s all sorts of animals to see & interact with which made my granddaughter very happy. The kids there got to do barn chores this morning, haha!

Mick, so YOU invented the internet, haha!!
    The campground they went to runs along the Brandywine River so there’s opportunities for tubing & such as well. Sounds like fun, we did that when we were young people too.
    Any wonky looking strawberries I pick get tossed right into the chicken yard. They fight over them, Lol

Cyn, I’ll text you my doggie portraits so you can see for yourself. Those folks do a great job. Glad to hear you are getting out & about on a beautiful day

PQ, are they leaving you alone yet or are you still being pestered by work? Hope not
    If you worked today then take tomorrow off I say!!

Pauly & Det, hope all is well.

Hi to Sam & Pie.

Not much happening here, guess I’ll pull a few more weeds until darkness ensues.
    Have a nice night all!

Lav
    AF since 03/26/09
    NF since 05/19/09
    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Wishing all a good Sunday evening...

Not much to report, did a bit of work, more walking (several times), reading Kind,e about my favorite topics.

Days still seem incredibly empty... ah well, this too shall pass...

Love to all -

Comment

afternoon all ...how are we then? ok I hope ...really close day over here on this another accident free day .not a lot going on ...washed the van down doing a bit in the garden ..staked up my grape vines ...lets see how they get on ...

hiya teegee ..how are you today then?hope you are feeling even a little better ............I have managed to get a star crack in my kindle screen ..only a small one but just enough to annoy you ..thinking of you ....take care .

hiya Lav hows you then? all good I hope hows the bp doing?any change or too early ..we find out today whether bojo is going to open up the country ...rumour mill says put back till 19th July.Brandy wine river ? now who named that?or just wishful thinking .Glad the campers had fun .take care and have a good one ...

hello everyone else.hope all is well ..Im typing ever so soften in case yizall are sleeping take care stay safe x
        af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

A Glorious Un-Hung Monday to ABeroooos across the fruited plains......

Cyn, xxxxxxxxx hugs and condolences dear one. this too shall pass. i'm having to remind myself of that often.

PPQ, hang in there dealing with dingbats. My work has it's own special breed of anxiety-inducing frustrations. 2 of the rental management companies I shoot for
          often have door access codes that don't work or bad instructions as to find the place and I end up 'exploring' condo complexes for a rediculous amount of time before
          I can even get started. It's not usually a turd but here and there it is.... like i get into a unit and they are still moving in furniture etc. that's life in the fast lane eh?

Pauly, whassup? Vegas must be murderously hot if it's darn near 100f here.

Mick, now that the adventuremobile is up and rolling what's the plan?

Lav, it's awesome that you get pro pics for your pets. I've done a few pet pics but never advertised it as such. That's a good reminder to mention it as a service.
          My new camera is so advanced that it even has a mode for detecting face/eyes of animals. Just amazing.
          It's also so advanced that I'm giving myself an aneurism learning how to use it to it's potential. ack!
          Yes, it's strawberry festival season here! we are planning a trip to one for next weekeend. Sounds like you're doing some great and yummy things.

Sat we blasted up to Ogden for their arts festival which was great fun. I chatted with world-travelling photographers and we ate fun street food. Then that evening
          we dropped girly off to be with friends and the 2 of us went to the Springville art festival for live band (they were playing hits from the 70's which was awesome and at
          times funny) and then afterwords we watched the amazing fireworks display on a blanket in the grassy field. Majestic moments which I'm grateful for.

yesterday was house cleanup day so got that done, then I proceeded as grill-master to make my version of Hawaiian huli-huli chicken, veggies with garlic dip etc and
          the girls did some girly shopping. all was yummy and we even ended the day with a great game of scrabble. yay. progress

the house will be quiet soon so I'll hope to get in a meditation along with my marketing work here. so far my next shoot isn't until Wed when I have 2 big ones.

be well loves
          nosce te ipsum
          (Know Thyself)

Comment

Good evening friends,

We’ve been switching back & forth with clouds & sun all day. Tonight is supposed to be stormy, we’ll see.
            Starting to think about things I want to take to a craft show on June 25. It’s a short 3 hour evening event so I don’t need to take too much.

Cyn, it takes all of our lives to understand that things constantly change. Nothing is permanent so we should expect changes, Good & bad. It definitely takes time to adjust to every change & there’s really no rush :hug: Keep taking good care of yourself in the meantime.

Mick, I woke up with a ridiculously low BP this morning 97/49. I had a pulse & was breathing & felt fine, haha.
            The Brandywine river has quite a history here in these parts: Brandywine Creek (Christina River tributary) - Wikipedia
            The Revolution, George Washington & all kinds of important people & events have history there.
            Sorry about your Kindle screen. My grandsons have cracked so many screens it’s ridiculous.

Det, you sound like a man with a plan! I’m happy to hear you’re getting new business even if it os a pain the the a$$ sometimes
            You definitely should offer pet portraits, people would love them. We’ve had so many dogs over the years but I especially miss the last two large dogs we had so now I can see their happy faces all day.
            Glad. You had such a great weekend, sounds like fun.

PQ, hope to hear from you later.

Hello to Pauly, Sam & Pie!

Have a nice night all!
            Lav
            AF since 03/26/09
            NF since 05/19/09

Comment

hiya all what a day ...gas engineer was supposed t be here between 8 and 1 ...no show!tough theyve lost that contract .Finished the water feature in the garden ,looks good .Ive also removed all the manky sealant on the van..and resealed it .

Thanks for the history of the brandywine ...Lav I love all that sort of stuff..wow the bp is certainly low ...youtake care ..

hiya det ..hows you then? you sound good mate ...guess what I live about a mile from a place called Ogden..Strawberry festival? nice

hiya teegee hope things are getting a little better for you.

hiya ppqp ...hope all is good with you ..

hiya pauly you ok?

right folks take care

Comment

Good evening friends,

Nice & sunny today. Apparently we did get some overnight rain soI didn’t have to bother watering anything.
                Absolutely nothing special going on here. I have a dental cleaning tomorrow morning then meeting old friends for lunch later. Thursday I’ve been requested to go back to see my NP. All of my labs were normal & I’m still experiencing screwy B/P readings. So we’ll see what happens with that.

Mick, I see you’re keeping yourself busy as usual
                We do live in a rather historic area, spread out over a few counties. I had my usual B/P spike last evening despite taking the med at dinner time. It doesn’t make any sense, honestly.

Hello to all the missing - Cyn, PQ, Pauly, Det, Sam & Pie.
                Have a good evening all.

Lav
                AF since 03/26/09
                NF since 05/19/09

Comment

MAE ALL...Sorry for MIA it's been a busy few days.

Mick...how frustrating when contractors don't show up when they're supposed to, even with that length of a time frame. Looking forward to seeing the new water feature all set up. Heard your restrictions are staying in place for another month, I think that's ok. Was over at the garden on Sunday to check things out and it appears things have settled down for now. We're getting record heat with threats of pop up thunderstorms again.

Lav...not having to bother watering anything reminded me that every time someone would ask me to water their garden plot when they were away, it rained. Easiest volunteer job I've ever had. LOL Hope you can figure out what's going on with the B/P, I thought taking your meds later in the day would hep but apparently not. I continue to have my left foot swelling during the day. I took my injection today so maybe that'll settle things down. Otherwise I may have to book a Dr's appointment too.

The program coordinator has booked a Farm Stand (farmers market) in the parking lot for 2pm tomorrow. Right at the same time all the parents will be driving in to pick up their kids! The boss asked if I'd go over and help with traffic flow. It's going to be a sh*t show.

Thinking of the rest of the gang. Have a good evening....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Mae all -
                    PPQ, my goodness your boss is really out to lunch! Hope the traffic-keeping wasn't too horrible...

Mick, oh well for the lost contract... those guys should have shown up! Now you have to find others, oh well. Glad the day was Accident-free,

Lav, holy cow your BP was at Cindy pre-Covid levels! So sorry it didn't change the evening stats. Good luck with all of it... do you think the old meditation CDs would help? Not sure, just wondering... good luck.

Pauly, I just read some really scary stories and statistics about the heat in NV... even up here in the mountains, we'll get close to 90 soon... take cRe of yourself!

Det, so good to hear from you. Wishing you all good things....

Hello to any that stop by...

Comment

hiya all ..how are we today then? hope everyone is well.It is really hot today ,but thunderstorms are due tomorrow.great...Im going out for a bimble tomorrow .Finishedthe water feature this morning .Last night I nearly lost Bonnie ...by lost she nearly died .Her and Jeeves were out on the lawn ..the family up the road have a cat which to befair isusually in ther own garden..however it got into ours last night saw the rabbits and went for them..the conservatory dor was open ,Jeeves shot straight into the house,Bonnie was outside ..I shot out chased the bloody cat ,,but by this time although not injured Bonnie had gone into shock .shaking quivering ,panting ..I stayed with her till silly o clock in the morning ,,,she settled down but wanted in the dining room all the time .,...Ive got her eating again ,and she is slowly coming round .Must be honest Im pretty tired today ,so a short post today ...just going to go and pick some dandelions for those 2

Comment

Greetings all,

Got my teeth cleaned & my crown glued back in this morning then met my friends for lunch. Pulled out leftovers for dinner so it was an easy day.
                        Sunny & not too hot but I know it will be warming up in a day or two.

Mick, sorry to hear Bonnie had such a scare
                        I didn’t know a cat would do something like that. They’re creepy animals to me, I don’t understand them. Did you have any luck locating a new contractor? That’s a bummer.

PQ, part time traffic cop now, haha! Do they give you a whistle at least? Geez!
                        Strange that your foot is still swelling. Do you have a pair of knee-hi compression stockings? They can really help a lot along with keeping the foot elevated & not dangling independently. Maybe a doc appt is a good idea.

Cyn, I have a huge collection of sleep meditations on my Amazon Prime music account. I’ve used them nightly for years. I don’t have any particular stress causing the B/P spikes, there’s no reason for them really. All the bloodwork was good, no signs of inflammation, Lyme titer was negative. I am going back to see my NP tomorrow, so we’ll see what she suggests. Watch out for that heat, must be awful. I have zero heat tolerance anymore so I don’t push myself when it gets hot.

Pauly, Det, hope you are both well & staying cool!

Hello to Sam & Pie.

Have a nice night all!
                        Lav
                        AF since 03/26/09
                        NF since 05/19/09

Comment

MAE ALL...

TG...traffic keeping went fine, one of our greenhouse trucks never showed up so there was lots of room for everyone. LOL Hope you're doing ok. :hug:

Mick...oh my, I feel so bad about Bonnie. I'm glad you were there to deal with the danger. Who knew cats could be so aggressive. I'm glad she's doing better and hope you had a quiet day.

Lav...it was sunny and hot here today but we had quite a wind which seemed to keep things cooler but now that I'm home I can feel how much sun I actually got. A little bit of swelling in the foot when I got home but mostly it just feels really tight, if you know what I mean. Yes, if it doesn't stop soon I'll be calling the Doc.

I have an early morning virtual meeting with the boss but other than that everything else seems to be going ok. I know I'll be having an early evening.

Shout out to Det, Sam, Pauly and Pi. Have a good night all...:smile:PPQP

Comment

Mae all,
                            Good to hear what is going on... Mick, I'm so sorry for Bonnie's (and your) fright... I'm with Lav, I never really understand cats... I wonder what got into it!? Hope you are getting some good rest tonight.

Lav, you are so calm and collected... I'm so glad all the tests came back with good news. Good job at the dentist! See above re:cats. Just don't get them...

PPQ, so glad that truck didn't come, and left room for the humans! Good luck with the (sunburn) and the foot... hope your end-of-week is not too bad.

Pauly, what's up girl? Lots of cute pics on FB, thx.

Det, thinking of you, and sending continuous good vibes for just enough work ... glad to hear things with girlie worked out... take care...

Hello to Pie and Sam, and all others...

Comment

Hello and how are we today Then? Hope everyone is doing OK . just got back From a walk with my friend , He is the one that had covid but is recovering well. We only did 15 ks today but slowly slowly. It started to rain too,but was very hot.

Hiya lav how are you today then?so that's you got your crown fixed too. Bonnie is a lot better today thank goodness. The cat is some fancy name but it is a bengal cross.take care

Hiya teegee hope allis well with you today..you could have come walkingcwith us.very early days but have you given any thought as to getting another dog?

Hiya ppqp..all well with you? Hope so. How did the meeting worth your boss go? Any extra wages ?oh well worth asking!!

Take care all

Comment

Working...
                              X