Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 20 june

Greetings friends,

Has anyone seen the news about the collapse of a 12 story condo building near Miami? Search & rescue units have been working all day looking for at least 99 people. 3 have died, so far. How sad is that & for it to happen in the middle of the night, just awful.

I’m good, all set for tomorrow’s craft fair. Looks like the weather will be good, grateful for that. My ailing chicken seems to be holding her own, at least for now. She’s had one issue or another since she was just a chick. She’s very calm, let’s me pick her up & take outside for fresh air & a snack of fresh grass, apple, tomato, whatever. Who knows? I have been taking care of sick dogs & chickens non-stop for the past 20 years or so, that’s what I do

PQ, I hear you about getting tired so easily especially with outdoor activities. My a$$ will be dragging when we get home tomorrow night probably after 10 pm, haha!
    I’ll bet you’re looking forward to a nice long vacation - good for you!!! You’re lucky to be able to take all that time off at once. The hospital never let us use all our vacation time & we ended up with a big fat paycheck at the end of the year. Once you got them to approve a week off then they tried over & over to get you to cancel it, geez.
    Our heatwave will start on Monday, so I hear, yuck.

Mick, your next trip sounds nice. We had some really good fish & chips in Galway, Ireland, much better than anything we get here of course.
    I was also awake darn near every hour last night. The full Strawberry moon is tonight then hopefully we can all resume normal sleep again, haha!

Cyn, how’s things with you?

Pauly, how about yuo?

Hello to the busy Det, Sam & Pie as well.

Have a nice night all. Not sure if I’ll be awake enough to post tomorrow night after. The craft fair, we’ll see.
    Have a good night all.

Lav
    AF since 03/26/09
    NF since 05/19/09
    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

MAE ALL...

Mick...it rained here today as well. Started last night and lasted most of the day. No thunderstorm but the cool down was nice. Heatwave hits tomorrow so you know where I'll be. Have no idea what the famous link for Whitby is, do tell. Haven't had a history lesson for awhile. LOL My turn to chuck the work back to the boss. It sure feels good to get a major project finished. Just need the bosses input and then I can get everything out the door. Glad the garage door is fixed.

Lav...saw the news about the condo in Miami. I'm surprised any of us are still alive these days. Good luck with the craft fair tomorrow, wish I was close enough to support you. I'll be in bed long before you get home. LOL Glad your ailing chick is holding her own for now. The 3 week vacation could be more of a pipe dream but we shall see. We used to get paid out for unused vacation but now it's take it or loose it. I'll be damned if I give up any more of my time to the job.

Hope everyone else is doing ok. Have a good night all...:smile:PPQP

Comment

Mae all -

Sorry to be away... the moon or something has really messed with my sleep and my nights have turned into days. I did se the gorgeous huge moon last night as it rose up... tonight not at all, as we had a big rainstorm! (Very unusual for here,..) like you Mick, the last few days, up,at 3, can't go back, so get up at 4:30 and start working. So, I was in the middle of a big nap when the storm hit... tried to wake myself up, but no go...

Lav, best of luck Friday on the craft fair... sure wish I was close bynto help. Wishing you a lot of sales. You are still a nurse, such sweet stories about your chicken... hoping she will get stronger...

Mick, glad to hear the garage door looks good! I hear you on the middle of the night wake-ups. Hope both you and I do better in the coming days.

PPQ, so glad you have a plan for time off... please be sure to take it!! Good luck with all.

Det, it is inspiring that you have found a great meditation group,there,.. very impressive. And glad you got through Father's Day unscathed. Kudos ongoing to,networking and getting a job... here's wishing you many more. I guess all of us have to remember how to "urge-surf" (or push away, like Lav said) over and over sometimes. This too shall pass...

Pauly, missing your voice here, sending love -

Happy full moon all -

Comment

hiya all how are we then? all good hopefully ..was raining this morning ,but went out across the moors anyway with my friend.We only did 10kms ,but dont forget he is still recovering from covid ...another effect he got from covid is vertigo ..He is ex special forces ,has jumped out of planes and abseilled stupid heights in the past ,and yet part of the route I went on goes over the motorway at a fair height..to go over the bridge I walked in front and he shut his eyes and held on to my back pack..did well and enjoyed it thats the main thing ..Considering we did the length of Hadrians Wall 87ks in 22 hrs 4 yrs ago it just shows you .
          apart from that the holiday programme goes on ..on my birthday ,we will be in a place called Muncaster castle..I will be flying owls and going on the miniature steam railway ..
          moving on ..hear about Matt Hancock?

Matt Hancock affair: Health secretary apologises for breaking social distancing guidelines - BBC News oh boy what a government we have ...

hiya teegee did you sleep better last night? 4am for me ..hope you are well and have a nice weekend....

hey pauly ..where are you?

hiya ppqp..how are you ...hope all is well..ok the link for Whitby ...Dracula....Whitby Abbey is where Bram Stoker got the idea from

How Dracula Came to Whitby | English Heritage

take your holidays ,dont lose them ...have a lovely weekend .

hi Lav hows the fair going? hope all is well.I saw that high rise in Miami...jeez ...your a star with that chicken.how did you do with the strawberry moon ..take care and have a nice weekend..

a big hello to everyone else ..
          af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

no one? ....oh well ..how is everyone ...Armed Forces Day here just watched a Spitfire flying over ...hope everyone is ok ...Amy on her way down to see us ...take care all.
            af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Hey all,

I’m here Mick
              We got home around` 9:30 last evening but I was pretty much brain dead by then as usual, haha!
              The turnout out was pretty low for the craft fair due to it not being advertised as usual, oh well. I did make 4` good sales so I’m happy enough. Maybe the August show will draw a bigger crowd.
              The heat & humidity have arrived & it’s going to last quite a while I understand. I’ll take my outside wanderings a little at a time for sure.

PQ, I hope you get all the time off you want! What’s the point of having 4 weeks of accumulated vacation time & they won’t let you use it?? Never made any sense to me. Those are the things that make me glad to be retired, Lol

Cyn, sleep has been awful this week. Even YB is up & wandering out to the garden at 4:45 am, haha!!
              Yep, saw the strawberry moon but tried to not look at it too much. I remember working evening/night shifts & all hell would break loose on full moon nights. Don’t miss that a bit!!
              With this current weather pattern we could be getting a storm or two almost every day for the next week. Glad you got some moisture too.

Mick, I did read about the Matt Hancock affair. A little while ago, Lol. Don’t you know rules are for EVERYONE ELSE? Haha! there are plenty of dumbasses on both sides of the pond!!
              I see Trump is out holding rallies in Ohio today - for what I don’t know. The immediate concern is most of the crowd was unvaccinated - same sh*t different day I guess.
              Glad you got out with your friend. What a shame he’s having a hard time neurologically. Why people are so cavalier with tis virus beats me.
              I read a little while ago that a structural engineer warned the condo building had serious issues with water running underneath the building instead of away from it 3 years ago!! So whoever is in charged ignored the warning & now there’s a massive collapse. They are still searching for people & putting fires out that have been burning underneath the rubble, horrible.

Hello to Pauly & Det, Sam & Pie. Hope everyone is OK.
              Have a nice night all!

Lav
              Last edited by Lavande; June 26, 2021, 06:35 PM.
              AF since 03/26/09
              NF since 05/19/09
              Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Quick hello and good night. Sorry to be away, just "under the gun" to get the Program Book to the printer... I feel as if I am going blind from proofing and typing!!

Mick, the holiday sounds wonderful... will you spill the beans on the birth-date? The walk with your friend sounds lovely, so nice of you to get him out and about. Take care, and enjoynthat new garage door.

Lav, so sorry for the low turnout at the fair... but happy to hear that you made good sales. Good luck with the upcoming weather, that sounds taxing. I used to work in restaurants, so I agree on the full moon nights... nutty!!

Pauly, hoping you are okay, you too PPQ. Det, how's it going?

Hello to all stopping by - take care and be safe all...

Comment

Working...
                X