Friday August 6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Friday August 6

hiya all ..hope we are well.just been down to fill the van u ..we are off tomorrow ,take the rabbits down first thing .Eyes seem a bit better today too.

hiya Lav hows you then? hows snakesville today then?hope all is well.an extra half tablet ?is that permanent or as a see how it goes ..?

hiya ppqp ..hows you then today? soon be jollidays time ..hows the foot today then?is it still swelling up ....rice ,,...rest ice compression elevation .. there you go ...I know the song ...not saying I practice it though all the time ...take care though .

hiya pauly hows you then ?hope all is ok .

hiya teegee.hope all is well.

take care everyone .
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Mae everybody, Wishing us all a happy Wednesday!
      I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
      Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Good evening friends,

The dog days of August are here, ugh! Heat index of 109 today means it’s so humid it hits you in the face the moment you open the door & your glasses steam up haha!
        I’ve been out to the chickens twice, other than that I’m staying inside. Expecting another round of storms tonight, we’ll see.

PQ, so glad to hear about your time off - it’s official!!! YAY!!! Enjoy yourself & rest up as well.
        I have probably wrapped a half a million ace wraps over the years but i have to say my daughter learned some special techniques in her physical therapy classes. She’s good!! I think your coordinator could give you some pointers, it’s the least she could do. Hope everything works out well with your new pharmacy, it’s important!

Mick, I hope you guys have a wonderful trip!!
        My NP & I are just trying to keep me alive until I see the Cardiologist next month. He very well may want to change the meds to something completely different, who knows?

Pauly, hope your day was good.

Cyn, thinking about you :hug:

Hello to Det (busy guy), Sam & Pie.

Have a nice night all.

Lav
        AF since 03/26/09
        NF since 05/19/09
        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

MAE ALL...

Mick...glad the eyes are feeling better and that all's good for tomorrow. Foot is about the same but I do notice that since I've been going into work and actually moving around it doesn't swell. Will have to pay close attention to it during my holidays and make sure I "rice" LOL Take care on your trip and I'm sure you'll keep us updated.

Pauly...hope you had a good Wednesday. What's your weather been like? I thought it was going to get hot today but turned out to be cloudy, overcast and windy. Think it's mother nature saying, "Ha, fooled you" Hope all is good in your world.

Lav...OMG, would not trade places with you for all the tea in china! Hope the thunderstorms don't cause any damage. I passed on asking the prog coord about advice on the wrap. Boss back for one day and she's turned into a I can do whatever I want. Have at it as I am now on holidays and not responding to any questions she has about setting up her programs. She had her chance, not babying her anymore.

TG...thinking of you and hope you're pacing yourself.

Shout out to Sam, Det and Pi....have a good night all....:smile:PPQP
          Last edited by porqoui; August 11, 2021, 08:15 PM.

Comment

hiya all hope we are ok ..just go here ,2.5 hour drive but decent .van set up telly tuned in electrics hooked up water filled up waste water pipe fitted ,brew on internet sorted...all in half an hour ..wish I had of done this years ago as opposed to messing about .
            you all take care of your selves .
            af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Greetings friends,

At one point this afternoon the thermometer outside my kitchen window read 120 degrees in the sun. How ridiulous is that?
              I’m stayimg in only running out to my chickens as necessary.
              We have a possible family situation setting up here & I am dong my best not to get really pissed off. My SIL’s elderly parents still have an adopted daughter living with them. Yesterday was her 36th birthday. She came from Mexico as an infant with severe developmental delays so she’s not capable/responsible for much. My daugher, SIL & granddaughter went to wish her happy birthday yesterday. Today they were informed that shw woke up with a fever & tested positive for Covid. So this 36 yr old is sick & her elderly parents have to care for her, one of them being in end stage renal failure & going for dialysis 3x/week. My daughter went to work today not knowing any of this, so now she has to quarantine (miss work & $$), SIL works from home & granddaughter will have to quarantine right up until her school year starts. The parents knew she was sick & didn’t say anything to anyone or cancel the visit. This pisses me off big time . Waiting to hear when my daughter & family can get a rapid test done themselves.
              Why are people so ignorant??????

PQ, Mick was right - the RICE acronym has been around a long time & I hope your foot improves.
              This excessive heat is just awful & not helping my mood, haha! Letthat coordinator sweat a little & figure things out.

Mick, thanks for the pics & I hope you enjoy your stay.
              You have the campsite set up down to a quick routine - cool!!

Hello to cYn, Pauly, Det, Sam & Pie.

Have a good night all!

Lav
              AF since 03/26/09
              NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Hiya all ..sent lots of pics from today. Been lovely here. The site we are on is fully booked. Thankfully we had pre booked. Lav...How's everything going with your issues.hoit can get resolved very soon . Take care you n yours come first x

Comment

MAE ALL...

Lav...I'll get pissed off for you. I'm right there :rant::rant: How dare they not say anything, so selfish. And look at the fall out it caused! It's so sad that your granddaughter has to quarantine for the rest of the summer. Wow, you stay out of that heat. We're under a heat wave, but only mid 80's, for the next three days so perfect timing for my holidays. I've been following Mick's advice and the foot/ankle is doing much better. Not so much swelling just tightness which I find goes away if I'm actively walking on it so I force myself to move every hour. Either around the condo/up and down the stairs or around the complex. I am not glued to my computer for the next 3 weeks.

Mick...a 2.5 hour drive is not bad considering where you ended up. The area looks great according to the pictures you sent. Wow, you've got the setup down packed. I hope you and Julie have a great time. The provincial government did an about face and will continue to do contact tracing and mandatory quarantines for positive covid cases for the next 6 weeks. Good news especially since the board of education has lifted all restrictions and has announced a "back to normal" school year. No masks, no distancing and all extra curricular actives are a go!

Time to do my walk about. Have a great day all....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Greetings friends,

Daughter & family report they are doing OK today. Thank goodness for that!!
                    I can’t hold on to anger, it’s bad for me & my B/P but I honestly could just bitch-slap my SIL’s parents. They are older & hard core Catholics so their belief systems are questionable. ‘God will take care of us’ just doesn’t do it for me in the middle of a pandemic - am I right???

Today is supposed to be the last day of tis heatwave, it was just gross
                    Never got a storm last night but it’s looking like one will be here soon. We need some relief, geez!

Mick, glad you are enjoying yourself in such a beautiful area

PQ, getting that circulation going in your lower legs is important. Glad you are getting some exercise.
                    We should be in the mid 80’s after today - hope so any way. Ihope the plans for fall school activities work out for all!

Hello to Cyn, Pauly, Det, Sam & Pie.

Have a good night all!

Lav
                    AF since 03/26/09
                    NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Mae everybody, swear I posted yesterday, maybe I didn't hit send hard enough,who knows anyhoo waves and wished for a happy booze free day for us all!
                      I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                      Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Hiya all. .how are we today then,hope everyone is doing great. Had a bit of a problem last night.I sat down and as soon as I did I knew that I had a back problem. It locked up.it is the sorest it has ever been for a long time. I couldn't even walk 50yd properly this morning. I tried all sorts but was in so much pain wanted just to go home. Fortunately we brought the car with us..After julie reading and working it out we drove to a pharmacy in Caernarfon and bought a paingone pl machine. Basically it's a pen delivery of tens electro stimulation.. it has certainly eased it off so hopefully I'll be OK tomorrow. Its really foggy you can't see the top of the mountain

20210814_141739.jpg

Hope all is well..take care x

Comment

Good evening friends,

The heatwave is over but it’s only 1-2 degrees cooler today so it’s not much relief. Staying hidden inside as much as possible.

Hi Pauly. Good to see you

Mick, sorry about your back, ouch
                          Lifting, turning & twisting can set off back pain instantly, sorry. Glad you’re getting some relief now. I think dampness bothers me too.
                          I hope you can get comfortable enough to finish out your week pain free.

Hello to PQ, Det, Cyn, Sam & Pie.

I hope everyone has a quiet & pain free night!

Lav
                          AF since 03/26/09
                          NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Working...
                          X