Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 5 sept .

MAE ALL...

Pauly...good to see you and happy belated birthday. Too bad about the shop but I guess now you're forced to find something/somewhere else. Don't blame you for not doing deliveries, gas aside your temps have unreal. Hope you had a good day.

Mick...thunderstorms galore, I'm surprised you didn't float away after watching that video. Glad the van doesn't leak. I'm sure the beds were a huge selling feature for you. We're too old to be crawling around. Boss showed up at work today and of course the prog coord went whining to him about me supporting our seniors. So yup, she'll be sorting her own issues out from now on. Hope to see more of the site when the weather improves.

Lav...glad you're still alive haha. Hope the change in meds help and I guess your plan to put on more weight was the wrong decision huh? I'm blaming my extra wait on covid, why not, I'm blaming everything else on it. Got my echo done when I was in the hospital for my foot infection. As a matter of fact I got the whole smorgasbord of tests so I feel I'm good for at least another 5 years. LOL I agree with you and believe me the seniors don't want to be around her either. I on the other hand love being around seniors and little kids, I learn so much. Glad the tornado didn't touch down you've got enough clean up to do.

It was one of those days, I got to work at 9am and the next thing I knew it was 5pm and time to go. LOL I love those kind of work days. Of course there was an hour meeting with the boss and prog coord but the boss was very diplomatic and the outcome was if a senior can't register online they're not welcome to our programs. I told him I disagreed but would accept his wishes. There'll just be a lot more people contacting the board, which is a good thing.

Thinking of everyone else and hoping we all have a Unicorn night.....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Mae everybody, Mick glad you're enjoying yourself and glad the flood didn't do any damage to you,Lav,I cut out regular bread and switched to the low carb stuff on most things and lost like 13 pounds super fast,I know you already eat good but I'm convinced carbs and sugar are the culprits of all weight gain,I used to hafta have something sweet every night but now if I want that there's an alternative in place,PQ,glad your day went quick,those are nice sometimes, waves to the gang and wishes for a great BF Fryday!
      I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
      Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Hiya all..how are we then,?hope all is well.thunderstorrms predicted again today but atm I am sat outside reading we t for a walk this morning..only did about 4 miles to ease back off saw some picture box houses and then when we got back this r v has just turned up.hope everyone is good and getting ready for the weekend. Wherever you are take care and have a good one
        .20210910_135034.jpg

20210910_135039.jpg

20210910_135133.jpg

20210910_142155.jpg
        af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Heya ABerooooskies near and far!

busy guy checking-in for a quick gasp of air. it's been crazy-town as always but that's life in the fast lane

bouncing between setting up a new wedding photo/video partnership, kiddo challenges, and basically the insane life of a solopreneur. Thankfully I kind of like 'crazy mode' ha!

Pauly, simple carbs are certainly not on my plate anymore. I could delve into the science, but really you just have to experiment for yourself to prove what works and is sustainable.

dinner ideas? ok here's a weird one I'm trying tonight: peach, shrimp, coconut, bok choy curry. hmmmmm??

business calls, zipping away yet again...

be well loves!
          nosce te ipsum
          (Know Thyself)

Comment

Greetings all,

Nice-ish day here, on the cool side too
            I didn’t know when I woke up that I would end up with a 10 yr old here for the night, haha! We drove him to Applebees where he wolfed down a huge serving of fettuccine Alfredo (talk about carbs) & I had salad with sliced grilled chicken on top (almost carb-less). YB is always a steak eater, something I don’t consume or make here at home. Doing what I can to stay alive, Lol

PQ, I ended up getting the echo scheduled at the doctor’s office in another town about 20 miles away. Still couldn’t get thru to the hospital today, weird. Walked into the drugstore & told them to give me my damn meds & they did, haha!! The things you have to do to take care of yourself!! I helped out a senior at Walmart today who was having trouble handling his portable O2 tank, cane & shopping cart. Took all of about 15 seconds, geez. Then I asked a young guy to reach way up on the top shelf for something I couldn’t reach & he was glad to help. Kindness goes around

Pauly, this post menopausal weight is somehow different & doesn’t want to budge regardless. In the past if I saw a few extra pounds all I had to do was cut out some carbs & the weight disappeared. Can’t seem to do that anymore. I’ll keep trying but can’t guarantee anything - getting older sucks.

Mick, hope you had some dry weather today. How did my chickens get over there? I though they were in my yard, haha!

Det, I saw your wedding photos, very nice. Keep up the great work!!

Cyn, hope yuo are OK :hug:

Hello to Sam & Pie.

Have a good night all!
            Lav
            AF since 03/26/09
            NF since 05/19/09
            Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

MAE ALL...

Pauly...with the sign off like Fryday I assume your weather is still ridiculously hot. Just the way you like it right?

Mick...love the pics, what a great looking place. Hope the weather held up for you. Now don't go trying to keep up with the neighbours, your pocket book couldn't handle that RV. Have a great weekend.

Det...thanks for checking in especially since you're crazy busy. The wedding photo/video partnership sounds promising. I like the term solopreneur and it's a plus you like the "crazy mode". Let us know how dinner turned out. Interesting ingredients.

Lav...good excuse to go to Applebees (wish we had them here), I'm sure YB appreciated it. LOL I can just picture you saying give me my damn meds. Haha You're right, you have to be your advocate where your health is concerned. I'm a great believer in what goes around, comes around. Good for you.

So my big news tonight is the boss has resigned effective Oct 1st. I am totally flabbergasted!! It probably won't sink in till he's actually gone. A buddy of his offered him a job that he just couldn't turn down. I have no idea what the implications are and no I will not be applying for the job. LOL

Shout out to the rest of the gang. Have a good night all....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Hiya all how are we today? Hope everyone is doing OK. Its been nice and sunny here today...went for a walk earlier nothing dramatic only just over 5 miles.this site has really filled up .there were at least 30 Caravans and motorhomes turned up last night. Lots of kids with them..some still in their skool yoonyforumz. It certainly obvious that staycation is the main holiday idea.now that I've said it was sunny..the clouds are darkening up.
                Det .Great to see you mate ..and everyone else..take care
                af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Greetings friends,

My son came over for dinner & took his kid home afterwards. Now it’s super quiet again, haha!!
                  Still coolish here although the heat is supposed to make a return for a few days, oh well.

PQ, what if they offered you a ton of money - would you take that job?? Just wondering
                  I hope whoever takes the job has more interest in it. The people working there, geez.
                  Yep I learned a long time ago that the squeaky wheel does indeed get attention so don’t be shy about speaking up when you need something

Mick, People down the road from me have one of those gigantic motorhomes. They also own the horses I walk to & visit every day. It’s all about the big $$, Lol
                  Glad you enjoyed a nice day today.

Hello to the rest of the crew. I have to get another 20 minutes or so if walking in to complete my 1 hour for today.
                  Wishing everyone a nice night!

Lav
                  AF since 03/26/09
                  NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Hello dear friends -

I sincerely apologize for being AWOL... this has been a very challenging few weeks. Two big pieces of news...

1) I resigned from my position on the staff of the music festival. It was time. Maybe over-time. Now to figure out my finances and maybe re-invigorate my Organizing business again.

2) I just returned from 10 days helping my (Navy) nephew's family. He is a senior commander, and has been suffering from an undiagnosed brain injury, and hi-level PTSD. He ended up in a ward for 28 days... I went down to help his wife and 4 kids (the mom had just taken the oldest to start school at Notre Dame). The house was a chaotic mess - part of the trigger for my nephew. So I escaped the fires here by flying down to Coronado (saw the beach once), and rolling up my sleeves. We whipped the house into shape as well as we could, and I put some organizing systems on place... hope they hold. With kids 5, 7, 9 and 13, I'm not so sure it will work... but it's a start.

Well, I guess there is a 3rd announcement... on the last afternoon of the festival (8.17.21) I was driving to a nearby town (Truckee) for the last concert - outside in a park. I had rushed around since 7:30 that morning, not taking a break to eat or get a coffee, nothing.. 1/4 mile from the park, I fell into a micro-sleep just long enough to drift off the road and hit a pine tree with my right front. No airbags deployed, but I took a bad sideways hit, fractured a hip wing and had lots of soft tissue damage. I went ahead and told them to total the car... no way would I drive across country with a front-end repair. (And the payout turned out to be for more than I bought that car for!?)

I kept myself moving from the start, and used a ton of arnica. When I went to Coronado to help out, I was still using 1 crutch... but came home walking much better, and barely a need for a cane right now. I am so glad my body is a good healer. So I am back on the road to health.

I managed to mail off much of my stuff before I left on the CA trip, so now I just have what will fit in the car - once I have one... I think I will go the Carvana route... they deliver the car to your door...

So that's me... sorry to worry anyone, and I apologize for the long story... wishing all well...

Comment

OMG Cyn!!!!
                      I have actually felt the need to send up some prayers for you, guess that wasn’t a bad idea. I’m so glad to hear from you, you have been missed :hug:
                      Sorry to hear you went thru all that but you are definitely a survivor in my book! Get yourself rested up & get a car delivered, great idea. I know in my heart you will find your calling once you’re back in yuor home territory. You deserve a super peaceful rest of the year, that’s for sure. Please take care & know we are all thinking of you with much love.

Guess I should start a new thread for the new week
                      AF since 03/26/09
                      NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Working...
                      X