Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: September 12

MAE ALL...

Well the boss is back to his regular self. Took the afternoon off and is taking Monday off as he's off to Manitoba again. No lockdown and since the province said they wouldn't implement a Covid Passport they have implemented a proof-of-vaccination program that's optional for certain services. In other words it's up to the individual business to implement and enforce the proof-of-vaccination program. Once again the government doesn't take any responsibility. We have shut down all our programs again.

TG...no running for you. You do sound busy but one by one things are getting done. Thankfully no snow showed up.

Mick...wow, you guys are really going to town with cleaning out the house. Are you having a big garage sale to help pay for the van? LOL Hope you're able to get some detecting in on Sunday.

Lav...the grandson had to text! I would be a little concerned about what's going on with your son & DIL. No rain or snow in the forecast for now. It actually got quite warm out today. Boss is busy cleaning out his office. He did say he was making password lists to give to those who need them. These are all personal accounts that he set up. On Oct 1st at 5:01 I'm cutting off his access to our server. LOL It was a quiet, drama free day and I'm on my own tomorrow, heaven!

Wishing the whole gang a peaceful night....:smile:PPQP

Comment

hiya all...how are we today then? all good? bit overcast and windy here today but not to worry .I even cut the grass this morning .the front that is ..the rabbits have rights to the back.

hiya ppqp ...how are you then?all well ...bet thats some satisfaction ...1st oct ...chop ..no more boss...sorry you said =you were who?no one here by that name bye .there is a stage in life where you think ...come in handy ? nah .time to move it on .Password lists ? hmm thats secure...have a nice weekend .

hiya lav ,how are you then? apart from being the duty driver .the guy that was supposed to fit the alrm tomorrow has called off ..his mother in law died this morning ...date rearranged .yes its hot in the loft .autumn is def here ..my geraniums have gone ..need to get them ready to winter over .take care and have a nice weekend

hiya pauly ..you good?and you teegee..

short and sweet just like me .
      af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

heya ABeroooo kiddos!

a quiet moment here with no shoots today which is allowing me to catch up on various things including updating my audio recording abilities for video and other technical issues.
        Got a message yesterday that my Pittsburgh shoot is back on, so I'm on the edge of my seat to get more details today.

Tonight: pan roasted salmon, roasted red bell pepper sauce (capsicum for Mick) on gluten-free pasta, and tomato/basil/mozzarella on the side.

Tree, sounds like your health is picking up which is grand!

PPQ, I'm sorry to hear that. one of the upsides to being a freelancer is no boss of any kind. that's truly a good thing in most ways, but believe me this is a challenging existence in other ways.

Pauly, awesome beach pics of the kiddos on IG!

any big weekend plans anyone? we are thinking about the FAN-X comic convention as it's related to sci-fi, but the lowest tickets are 60 buck a pop so .... hmmmm.....

be well loves!
        nosce te ipsum
        (Know Thyself)

Comment

Good evening friends,

Nothing exciting going on here as usual. Picked up an embroidery job today so I’ll probably get it done this weekend since we never do weekend things anymore, haha!!
          Cloudy all day which kept it cooler but it’s supposed to brighten up for the next few days.

PQ, I’ll bet you can’t wait to see the last of the boss, Lol. I’m sorry but he sounds like a real useless turd to me.
          My DIL keeps her manic self busy with all kinds of dumb stuff & forgetting to arrange child care is typical. What can I say? I know my son is out of town more than he’s home because of the weird shifts he works & he’s got his head busy working on his masters degree.That’s why I’m actually glad the boys are old enough to know they can text me or call me if they need anything.

Det, so you may be flying out to Pittsburgh in the future? That’s only a 6 hr or so drive from me, haha! That’s pretty cool.
          Your dinner sounds nice, I just pulled. Out leftovers, Lol

Mick, maybe you can put the rabbits out on guard duty to keep the van safe in the meantime.
          I don’t completely clean out garden beds in the fall anymore since I learned that leaving some plants in place provides shelter for some of our pollinators. Looks a bit messy but I don’t worry about that.

Hello to Cyn, Pauly, Sam &. Pie. Hope everyone is doing. OK

Have a nice night all.
          Lav
          AF since 03/26/09
          NF since 05/19/09
          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

MAE ALL...

Lav...saw your light on when I checked in earlier and thought I'd wait for your post. I don't do weekend things either. LOL You have no idea how much I'm looking forward to Oct 1st and don't apologize, that's the mildest description of the boss I've heard all day. And believe me, I've been hearing it all day. I did absolutely no work today. LOL Building superintendent, who is just a sweetie, said he had to leave at noon and I said no problem. Program coordinator showed up when she shouldn't have. Took me about 2 hours to get her out the door! That left the regular gang and we basically sat around trying to decipher the new restrictions. When our leader shut everything down all the other community associations elected to implement the so called vaccine passport and they're all open for business. (#%&_&W_)(& Got a call from a long term (25 years) renter who is just livid. She also happens to live beside the president of the board. She's emailing and calling him tonight about what's going on at the community centre. She is my #1 supporter and with all the negativity she's gotten about the community centre from her clients she feels the board needs to know what's going on at the centre. She'll address everything and that'll take the pressure off of me to try and convey things. Sorry that was so long but I really do feel a load off. I'm glad the boys are old enough to reach out to you. I was able to remove myself and the kids from my manic ex and they didn't know anything about it until they were able to understand the situation and make their own informed choices.

Det...what! a quiet moment! LOL Of course being you, you put it to good use. I'm excited about the Pittsburgh shoot for you. I'm jealous of your dinner plans for tonight. I have often thought about the freelancer life, I did have my own company for awhile but was married at the time with a steady income coming in. I would probably worry myself to death going that route. LOL Whatever you decide for the weekend, have a good one.

Mick...the rabbits have rights to the back :rotlf: And there's the method to your madness with the new landscaping. Yes, I will be glad to see the door close behind the boss. As the IT Manager (I think that's the purple hat) I will definitely be in touch with Bob (president of the board) before Oct 1 to find out what the protocol is. I believe there isn't one and will propose my own at that time. Sorry to hear about the contractor's cancellation, I think Lav has the right idea, make those peskies work for their rights. LOL

Assuming no news is good news with the rest of the gang. Have a good night all....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Mae all,

Long days figuring out what car to buy, figuring out how to get from where I am down "the hill" to Reno to look at cars... honestly, it has given me a completely new outlook on how car-centric American cities are... of course for me, along with not being able to walk far... it has been a very challenging time.

BUT, the good news is that I found and bought a car today! Hallelujah! I believe it will be a good choice at the very least to get me back across the country from west coast to east coast. I plan on leaving by the end of September... I bought a complete warranty package at the same time ( the car cost less than what the totaled car payout was.) So I should be good shape to do "the crossing ". I will of course have the car be checked out by my excellent garage guys here in Tahoe before I set out. Thankfully, the car is so similar to the last car (This model is the VW Golf Hatchback) so everything seems pretty familiar. I like finally not having a wagon, though I miss my furry travel buddy terribly. I was a little worried about how it would feel to drive again, but I did fine on the crowded interstate and the very windy road up Mt. Rose (8,500 ft) to get back to where I am staying. So I think all is well. Tomorrow's challenge will be driving to Napa, CA to see stepdaughter... sometimes a lot of traffic on I-80, so crossing fingers... at least there are no active fires around the interstate (so far!).

It's lovely to hear how all is going for everyone... thanks for all the news... I will greet all individually soon - today took the starch out me!
              (PS, Mick - trying to relax by reading a great book on Churchill and the blitz... what a heroic time... )
              Cheers to all -

Comment

hiya all how are we today then? all good .Its a cracking day here today .sun is blazing down ...we spent the morning de cluttering downstairs..kitchen ,dining room front room under the stairs done ..and a load of stuff to the charity and a load of come in handys in the bin.Not going detecting tomorrow ..going for a walk instead see how my back holds out .they have just announced the lifting and overhauling of the travel restrictions for going abroad ..and today there has been a 762% increase in brits going abroad
                hiya ppqp ...the purple hat ? that sounds like a quote from Harry Potter or something ..!yes they are out this morning digging holes ..its like painting coal black ...they dig holes I fill them in they dig I fill them in ...I would if I was you ..have a think and look at the shambles you have got ...and present Bob with a new protocol ...have a great weekend

hiya Lav hows you then? sounds like youve got the weekend sewn up !yeah ok ...Rabbits on guard duty ? chuck them a couple of treats an they would let you in !Whats your son doing his masters in?..fruit loop management ....oops have a great weekend .

hiya Det ,hows you mate ?no shoots ? not even bamboo....ok ok ..capsicum........ideal for pepper spray .sounds a bit much for those tickets ...I wanted to go and see the group Genesis and Phil Collins ....cheapest tickets ? £160 so no fanx ...

hiya teege ? you doing ok ?well done on the new wheels ..a peoples car..(im deutsch)...have you any thoughts of a new furry friend ..Yes the blitz was a bit of a terrible time ..London Southampton Glasgow Liverpool all took a pasting ...but so did Dresden and Koln ..As for Churchill..he was the Member of Parliament for here (Oldham) his life history is interesting ...as a subaltern in the Boer War ..captured and escaped etc ..there are also rumours that he knew about the forthcoming attack on Pearl Harbour ,but kept stumm, because it was the only way to get America into the war ,he certainly put the backbone into the people of Britain ,but not long after the war they had no use for his political management ..He certainly got this country to band together ..enjoy the new wheels ..

hiya pauly hows you then? hope you have a good weekend .
                af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Hey friends!

Quiet day around here but that’s fine. I did get half of my embroidery job done, will do the rest tomorrow most likely.
                  We are supposed to be having a cold front move in overnight, I’ll believe it when I see it, haha. The hummingbirds have abandoned the area so maybe they know. The 2 feeders hanging out on my deck have bees swarming them, ugh. I’ll bring the feeders in after dark & put them away until next spring.

PQ, sounds like things are beginning to take a turn at your place of employment. I hope it gets sorted out so you have a nice winter season.
                  What sort of business did you have? It’s fun being self-employed at times. At other times you just want to go hide, haha. I can remember putting in some very long days by myself but I always got things done in time. Have a great weekend!

Cyn., so glad you found wheels quickly. I wish you the best with your new car. Hope it makes your trip home more comfortable. We’ve owned many VWs back in the day but never had the hatchback.
                  Hope your trip to Napa was easy & you have a good visit with your step-daughtger. I’m collecting some new designs for hoodies for this winter, haha. I’ll have to decide what color shirts would look bets.

Mick, I’m jealous of your clean out, I’ll have to get started on mine too. There’s always unused stuff sitting around that someone else might like to have.
                  Enjoy your walk tomorrow, go easy on the back. I’ve been spending 30 minutes at a time on the treadmill each day since the weather has been so yucky. It’s boring but it gets the blood pumping.
                  I’m not 100% sure what my son is doing since I’m not paying for this degree, haha. It’s likely something to do with organizational management that he can use as he works his way up the fire dept ladder.
                  Keep those digging rabbits busy, LOL

Hello to Pauly & Det, Sam & pie.

Have a nice night all.
                  Lav
                  AF since 03/26/09
                  NF since 05/19/09
                  Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Working...
                  X