Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

the 19th of September. Its nearly Christmas.........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: the 19th of September. Its nearly Christmas.........

Hidy Ho ABerooooodles!!

jeepers, what a few days it's been in garlic-land. my PA job got postponed yet again which is just killing me as I've cancelled work to make time for it. waaaaa!
    And I spent the whole morning working on the stupid car and replacing the overly-complicated battery, but she's running again so I've succeeded.

Tree, girly seems to be doing a bit better again and even showing signs of gratitude which is great. Yep, back in school and even though it's a large school they don't require maks
    and have had zero covid cases or bad illnesses which is great.

Jeepers, I was mostly packed and ready to blast, so getting back into the realization that this work trip is probably doomed is something I'm still digesting. At least i have meditation/recovery class
    tonight so I'm sure that will help, as it always does.

Mick, new vinyl? that's pretty darn groovy. There must be something wrong with me as I never listen to music...like... never. It's always just annoyed me for some reason. And you don't want to see me try
    to dance no rhythm here folks... move along....

PPQ, I'm looking forward to winter also. we got a cold-front the last couple of days and it was so nice.

Lav, did you get that bread recipe dialed-in?

Pauly, hows crazy-town treating you?

off to learn some new software tricks....

be well loves!
    nosce te ipsum
    (Know Thyself)

Comment

Greetings friends,

Well we’ve had 2” of rain today bringing us to a total of 80.8” for the year so far, GEEZ! There may be more later tonight but tomorrow is promised to be nice & dry

Mick, you just cleared out unused stuff & now you’re replacing it with new purchases? Haha. Have fun with the 45’s, used to love them back in the day.
      Doing volunteer work can be very rewarding. I’ve donated tons of things I’ve stitched up at home, makes a person feel good todo that while helping others. My injured chick seems to be doing OK. I’ll consider putting her back in the flock in a few days I guess. I may pull a few of the meanies out so she can get settled again, we’ll see. Good luck with the van tomorrow.

Cyn, glad to hear you return plan is in the works.
      Due to the rain Idid some treadmill time today but should do a little more tonight. I actually had a good BP day yesterday & this morning, will see what the evening brings. I know I’m doing all I can do at this point to help so I have to trust that’s enough I guess. I actually have a pic of the hawk wings the chickens pulled off intact - unbelievable, Lol

Det, sorry about your business trip. Maybe something else will pop up to fill in that time. Stay focused, this probably falls under the sh*t happens category.
      I haven’t messed around with that bread. Recipe yet but i did make some pretty good low sodium tortillas today. Commercial tortillas have 380 mg of sodium, my homemade have 80 mg. I ordered up some 0 sodium baking powder today so when I make more they will have only 2 mg each. Good savings in the sodium department.

Hello to everyone & wishing a nice night for all.

Lav
      AF since 03/26/09
      NF since 05/19/09
      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

MAE ALL...

Lav...I think Mick has figured out how to send his rain your way. I think it's a good idea to weed out some of those meanies before putting the injured chick back. Busier day today but in a good way for me. The rest of the staff is getting more frustrated as the boss's last day grows closer and more and more things haven't been dealt with.

Mick...I liked Lav's comment: "Mick, you just cleared out unused stuff & now you’re replacing it with new purchases? Haha" And you wonder why you accumulate so much. My car registration is due just before Christmas but I've managed to pay monthly for my insurance. It's my way of a forced budget. LOL The City passed a bylaw mandating a Vaccine Passport, which in effect mandated all business to opt into the provincial restrictions exemptions program (which had originally been optional). In other words the boss now has to get off his ass and do something. LOL I'm currently working on our policy and procedure and am hoping to have my renters back in the building starting as early as next week.

TG...the foot/leg is much better. I've been wearing a very mild compression stocking and it's really helped. No more excessive swelling. Something is still going on but I see my rheumatologist on Oct 4th so will see what she has to say. Sounds like the timing is right for your trip east, bet you can't wait.

Det...on no! How frustrating! Mostly packed and ready to go and then BOOM! If it's only postponed I'd be really leery if they come knocking again. At least you've got a new battery for the winter. Glad you've got your meditation/recovery class tonight, you could probably use it.

Hope all is good with the rest of the gang. Have a good night....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Hiya all how are we then?all good hopefully. Van to garage this morning and all fixed now..I then went to fill the car up ..took me 2 hours to get it filled the queues are horrendous. They are saying don't panic .ther isn't a shortage of fuel..just drivers to deliver it ther is a shortage of midwives too.the ward Amy is on there are supposed to be 7..there are 3 .She is on double wages .she told me last night how much she earned last month .unbelievable

Hiya teegee How are you then today..yes I have got one of those record players..they are good. I have a good few records now..mostly from the charity shops. Best of luck with Bluetooth.

Hiya det ..How's you then mate?Well done on fixing the wheels..you don't need to be a mechanic nowadays just a computer expert. I listen to music a lot more now..but it's varied in selection. You take care

Hiya lav, yep you are right..chuck junk out..buy new junk!!you put purchases. Very polite. That's some amount of rain you have had. Well done on the charity work how is the BP

Hiya ppqp how's you then?you aren't waiting for the boss to do anything are you?glad the leg swelling isn't happening just you take care ��

Hiya pauly you OK?

Have a good weekend
          af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Evening greetings friends,

Beautiful day here, just like a real Fall day
            I wound up driving one grandson to school today, the other had a friend’s mom pick him up. Now I have said grandson back here for the entire weekend. He’s already put away 10 lbs of food, haha!

PQ, I think Mick better keep his rain to himself, geez! A lot of areas saw flooding yesterday. Glad to hear you’ve seen some improvement with the compression stocking. I’d like to know what the rheumatologist has to say as well. With RA things are usually happening bilaterally, not just on one side.
            Hope your boss gets off his a$$ & gets something done soon.

Mick, good that your van is taken care of, now you can go anytime you feel like going. We have had the same deal with our gas stations - sometimes they’re just out of gas with the deliveries being delayed.
            My BP bounces around like a basketball - good some days & not so much on other days. Who knows??

Cyn, we should be fully into our fall weather by the time you get back east. Wishing you a comfortable & safe drive back :hug:

Hello to Det, Pauly, Sam & Pie.

Have a nice night all!
            Lav
            AF since 03/26/09
            NF since 05/19/09

Comment

MAE ALL...

Mick...all set for more adventures, take advantage while you can. People here don't seem to be hoarding yet but man have prices gone up. The lineup I was in today was to pick up a prescription. I couldn't believe how many people were there to get their covid test results instead of just getting the vaccine. You really can't fix stupid! I've learned my lesson waiting for the boss so I dug in today, got our policies and procedures finished, amended the rental agreements and sent them out. I have 3 long term renters returning next week. As far as our inhouse programs the prog coord can figure it out for herself.

Lav...it was a beautiful day here, just like summer. Here we go with winter in the morning, summer in the evening. Bring on the flu season. LOL Now I know why you do so much cooking, you need all those leftovers for unexpected guests. To be honest, if I was closer I'd be showing up on your doorstep. I phoned the rheumatologist's yesterday to get my blood requisition emailed to me. There is such a long wait time to book for lab work I always do it early. The office called today to say they'd email it and that my appointment on the 4th will be by phone. Disappointing but we are at a critical stage with covid right now and ICU doctors are calling for a total shutdown. All the work I did to get my renters back into the facility may be for not.

Thinking of the rest of the gang and hope we all have a relaxing weekend.....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Mae all,

This will be short, as I have had a long day, ending with a lovely dinner with an elderly friend who I didn't get to see much this summer. Trying to get it all in before I depart...

Worn myself out, though not doing a fraction of what I was doing... I guess it might just take some time to get really back on my feet.

Det, sorry about the trip, but maybe it is for some other reason in the Grnad Scheme - glad you had meditation tomturn to... good luck!

Lav, those boys keep you in the kitchen! Good luck -

Mick, sorry to hear about the quest, but glad you are getting all set.

PPQ, hold tight until the boss is gone, sheesh! Glad to hear about the leg...

Wishing all well... I!m in for an early night to rest up before going to see SD tomorrow... wil write again on Sunday... 💐

Comment

hiya all ,how are we today then? hope all is well ...niceday here with Bonnie in traing for the olympics .still as crazy here today about fuel ,people have just gone nutso ..lots of garages have shut ,but the govt have agreed a new visa scheme to allow 5000 +foreign drivers to work in the uk..It would be interesting to see how many low risk prisoners have the qualifications ,and also how many claiming unemployment benefit ..

no rain today Lav lotsa sun ..hope you are getting the same ..yo yo blood pressure?hope it sorts itself out for you ...bouncing about all over the place .hows the chickens doing?

hiya teegee how are you then?glad you enjoyed your dinner ..yes the summer was so great for a lot of folk ..kind of like this ...

241977031_4567014496652572_4276562616929128693_n.png

you take care...

hiya ppqp...how are you then?sounds like you have been busy ..yep the selfish and stupid queues are growing worldwide ..are you looking after you this weekend as opposed to work?

take care

big shout to everyone else ..

A man walked into a bar and was surprised to see a tiny little man playing the piano. The man expressed his surprise to the barman who explained that he found a fairy trapped against the wall by a barrel. He said she was so grateful when he freed her that she granted him a wish. “Trust me to free a hard-of-hearing fairy” he said pointing to the 12 inch pianist.

As a kid I was constantly pelted with cherries and cream....
                  It was tough being brought up in the Gateaux.

My missus told me she’ll slam my head on the keyboard if I don't get off the computer
                  I’m not too worried, I think she’s jokinlkjhfakljn m,.nbziyoao78yv87dfaoyuofaytdf

I got arrested last night for being drunk in charge of a helium balloon.
                  The police held me for a while but eventually let me go.

237284570_10226407817766195_7915837143343543224_n.jpg
                  af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Good evening friends,

It was a real nice day, sunny & 73 degrees
                    Grandson still eating his way through my food collection haha. Picked up the other & a friend of his for dinner so now we’re really cleaned out, haha!
                    My chicken in the sick bay is looking pretty good, eating & drinking & enjoying snacks of apples & graham crackers. I’ll probably reintroduce her to the flock soon & keep an eye on her. She’s completely stopped laying, maybe she’ll restart, maybe not.

PQ, good you took the bull by the horns at work & got some things accomplished. Who needs a boss anyway? LOL
                    We still haven’t gotten our flu shots yet, I will try to get that done this week. Changeable weather drives people crazy but there’s not controlling it either. Stop in for dinner anytime, you never know what you’re going to get here haha.

Cyn, hope you enjoy your weekend visit. Try to save some energy for your trip home. I hope you’re planning frequent rest stops on the way. I’m honestly no good at sitting in a car for hours on end - I get too stiff, ugh.

Mick, I had. To stop in a grocery store today for a few things. There’s a Walmart across the road & the line of cars waiting to pull into Walmart must have been almost a half mile long. What? Are they giving away freebies today or what? They were likely waiting to get in & buy up all the toilet paper like they did previously. People are strange. I hope your Olympic bunny is having a good weekend too.

Hello to Det, Pauly, Sam & Pie.

Have a nice night all!

Lav
                    AF since 03/26/09
                    NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Working...
                    X