Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 3rd october.

Greetings friends!

Had a productive day, mostly in the kitchen, haha! I cooked up 2 batches of cinnamon apples (healthy style) & put half in the freezer. I love them as a side dish with most any meal. My recipe only uses a little coconut palm sugar which I like. I also made 3 1/2 quarts of veggie broth in the iP & froze that too. Got my hour of walking in, fed the stray cat & took care of chickens & the dog & made a turkey meatloaf, yum. We signed up today for a one day class at Longwood Gardens on the 17th making outdoor fall flower pots. Looking forward to doing something different

PQ, we finished off the rest of the ‘bland potato salad’ tonight, haha. It was good, I no longer expect to taste salt in everything.
    Donating the unused food is a great idea, someone will have a good meal. I guess the coordinator has no real control over anything or anyone so she chose to just be annoying, LOL

Mick, yep I did all of my walking today. I actually feel guilty if I don’t get my 60 minutes daily at this point.
    I’ve decided to ignore the news sources about ‘shortages’. I’ll know we have shortages when I see them for myself. Let’s face it, there’s a lot of things we can do without if necessary. I’m not falling for all the paranoia.

Hello to Cyn, hope you are well.

Hello to Det, Pauly, Sam & Pie.

Have a nice night all!

Lav
    AF since 03/26/09
    NF since 05/19/09
    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

MAE ALL...

Mick...I now remember the "noo" toy. Looks like you're getting the hang of it. Those drones can be pretty tricky even with an experienced operator. Glad the peskies are happy and healthy. I can't even see the grass with all the leaves on the ground. Our weather has turned, huge rain clouds have rolled in. They'll be bringing snow on Sunday/Monday. It was another quiet day, at least for. There was a bit of drama in childcare but I didn't even ask. The prog coord showed up this morning but didn't stay very long. If she's going to work from home I just want her to stay away.

Lav...you did have a productive day, unlike mine. LOL I can curb my salt use with most things but not boiled potatoes. It totally changes the taste for me. I do believe I saw being annoying in her job description. Isn't it strange that the boss quits and she asks for an unpaid leave of absence. He should have granted it. The whole HR situation has to be dealt with, it's one of my priorities on my list for the board. I'm looking forward to hearing about outdoor fall flower pots. Something we could use at the community centre.

Hello to the rest of the gang, hope you are well. Have a good night all....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Hello everybody and how are we today then ? Hope everyone is doing OK it is a Lovelyday over here today. Just been up to the shops Doesn't seem to be too many shortages there today. I'm going out metal detecting on Sunday, hopefully the weather will hold.

Hiya lav, And how are you today there? Hope all is well in your part of the world. Like you I'm not interested in the shortages when there's a shortage guess what we Won't be having It. Well done on the walking . I am like you I cannot sit still and if I do miss my walk I feel Like some thing is missing. Take care and have a great day

Hiya ppqp How are you today then? Hope all is well. Yes flying a drone takes a bit of getting used to to especially if you want to do it properly full stop there are lots of rules and regulations and legalities that you must follow no but I would rather do it properly than not at all all. I am meeting up up with my friend on Tuesday day providing the weather is still good and see where we go from there. Hope all is well with you on the work front, that program coordinator seems to be a right fruit loop. As previously mentioned it is strange that she decided to exit the door or less than 24-hours after him now now not being 14 gossip far from me to say there may be some substance in the fact they disappeared at the same time I'm just saying like haha take care and have a great day
        I am doing this on my phone so apologies for any mistakes. Hello to everyone else out hope you're all well
        af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Good evening all,

I’m proud to say I am now the owner of some new wooden spoons for the kitchen. I’ve been looking to buy some new spoons & couldn’t find them anywhere until we stopped at the Amish hardware store today haha! Sometimes you just need the low tech kitchen helpers & nothing else will do.
          Still warmish, partly sunny but i know rain is heading in sometime this weekend. I guess I’ll be sweating on the treadmill indoors.

PQ, sorry about the possibility of snow arriving so soon. Maybe it will go somewhere else, haha!
          I have to agree with your HR department being somewhat non-existent. Maybe they all fell asleep or something LOL

Mick, I hope you are able to get out Sunday to go detecting. It’s been quite a while.
          I got my one hour of walking in today, I left the dog home on my second walk, haha. She has to stop & sniff at something about every 10 steps & it’s annoying. Get some more practice. With your drone & makes sure it’s outside this time haha!!

Hello to Cyn, hope all is well.
          Hello Pauly & Det, Sam & PIe.

Have a good night all!
          Lav
          AF since 03/26/09
          NF since 05/19/09

Comment

MAE ALL...

Mick...I was wondering if there were rules and regulations. Here you almost have to have your pilots license. LOL My brother did get a couple of good videos of the community garden before they instituted the new rules. Hope the weather is good for you on both Sunday and Tuesday. I'd love to see your first attempt at a real flight. Be careful about the auto return to base, just saying.

Lav...Haha, wooden spoons. When I was working from home and watching lots of cooking shows I noticed almost all of them used wooden spoons. Interesting. I'm sure this snow will just be a blip on the radar, if not I'll send it down to you. No HR department in the office but when I threatened to resign I found out there is an HR committee on the board. Who knew???

I think the accountant has finally lost it. She is working on stuff that is none of her business but of course there's no boss to reign her in. LOL Our treasurer was in today to sort out some payroll stuff with her and he told to her to make a bullet point list of everything she's upset about what goes on in the office. I hope she does but I also hope she doesn't put her job in jeopardy. It was a quiet day, down right boring actually. I think it's time for me to delve into doing some documentation that I've been putting off.

Shout out to the rest of the gang. Have a good night all....:smile:PPQP

Comment

hiya all ...how are we today then? all good I hope ....been a bit of a lazy day today ...out metal detecting tomorrow ..05.30am pick up ...am I mad ..or what .Julie has just taken her dad for his covid booster...Its getting pretty dark earlier now .

hiya Lav ...hows you then? all good I hope.well done on the wooden spoons ...we use them all the time cooking ....I have one that was either my mums or Julies ...its the one that has been used the most ..charred and everything its the favourite.Yes im going to the youtube school of learning ,but out on tuesday with my friend .Well done on the hour today .

hiya ppqp ...hows you then?all good ?let the accountant do her own thing ..if she sinks then she sinks ..of her own volition ..yes there are a lot of regs ,

The Drone and Model Aircraft Code | UK Civil Aviation Authority if you are bored have fun reading it !!! have a nice weekend .

hiya teegee wheree are you ? hope all is well ..and you Pauly det sam etc

Thousands of eggs have been stolen from a local farm.

Police suspect poachers are to blame.
              Last edited by Mick; October 9, 2021, 02:50 PM.
              af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Good evening all,

I washed my car today & found out it’s red, haha! Haven’t been able to see the color under all the road dust yuo pick up around here. Got the walking done & weeded my lavender beds & tossed all that to the chickens. They were grateful

PQ, sounds a little like everyone is losing their sh*t in the office & that’s sad. I hope things level out real soon for you.
                I’m still cleaning. Out garden beds so I don’t think I need any of that snow just yet, haha! Hang in there!

Mick, I hope you enjoy your day out tomorrow & find some good stuff. 05:30 is a bit early for me these days & only do something like that when it’s absolutely necessary haha!
                My neighbor was on his tractor cutting grass in teh dark last night. I think he’s forgotten about the extra early sunsets these days. I hope Julie’s Dad did OK with is booster shot.

Hello to Cyn, Pauly, Det, Sam & Pie.

Have a good night all!
                Lav
                AF since 03/26/09
                NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Working...
                X