Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 31 Oct

Mae all -

Mick, sorry to hear about the tooth, but good job finding someone who could figure it out... well done! Here's hoping the little dog got found... that always is so upsetting until they return.

PQ, sounds like,things are getting back on an even keel at work - I sure hope so. Glad you had a pretty and warm day... remember that!

Lav, those sourdough waffles sound dynamite - I'll be right over! Glad the chickens will be warm, and that you can exercise without the cold, wind, and rain. Great job -

Det, Pauly and all else, here's hoping all is well --

If you have clear skies, think about making a special trip to the window in the early morning... I woke at 4 AM to a sky so full of stars that it looked like it was snowing... new moon tomorrow night, so the viewing is great now...
    Tired, jumped back into dealing with what's in storage so I can talk to movers... will need to consolidate and repack some things, but I guess if I just keep plugging away all this will happen. Hoping so anyway...

Wishing all well -

Comment

Hello everyone and how are we today then? I am doing this on my phone. I have been out most of the day, they still not found the little dog. They have had tracker dogs which know exactly where he went, up to a certain point but then the trail phase out full stop somebody put on one of forums that they had seen and on was not a little dachshund over but they were taking it to the dog wardens. It was a hoax full stop how can people be so cruel I can't see enjoyment anyone gets out of that sort of thing it is starting to freeze now so so with the best will in the world I don't think they are going to find it soon. Hopefully it will have made its way back to civilisation, we're at least it will get fed even if it's only scraps etc it will have a better chance to fend for itself. It is almost dark, and it is only 4 p.m. we are off tomorrow to the local campsite it should be interesting. Sorry this is just a quick post but I thought I'd jumping and just say hello take care look after yourself everyone

update ..little dog has just been found ...after 30 hrs in the wild ..he was hiding in the woods scared of the noise ...everyone left and he eventually ventured out

251801292_1752259338301571_6225084413709378449_n (1).jpg

253114107_1753704608157044_742415816079428319_n.jpg
      Last edited by Mick; November 4, 2021, 02:41 PM.
      af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Good evening friends,

We had a crazy day of running around but the errands are done. We even had to stop at the shop & pick up YB’s big trailer that was in for repairs, haha!
        We also picked up a water testing kit, it’s been over 18 years since we tested our well water, just want be sure it’s still OK & healthy.

Mick, that’s such great news about the dog, his owner must be so relieved. They do get very scared & skittish when strangers are searching for them.
        Good luck on your trip, hope the weather stays nice for you

Cyn, I’ve been out looking for a glimpse of the northern lights but as usual we in the mid-Atlantic region are just a bit too far south. Glad you had starry skies, that’s special :hug:
        I’m learning you can add a bit of sourdough starter to almost anything. It certainly adds a good bit of flavor to whatever you’re making. Take care of yourself.

PQ, it’s up to you to tell the new guy how things work around there, right?? This is your chance to get off on the right foot with the new guy
        All of the things that were oddly blooming last week like lilacs, forsythia, etc now know winter is on the way.

Hello to Det, Pauly, Sam & Pie.

Have a good night all!
        Lav
        AF since 03/26/09
        NF since 05/19/09
        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

MAE ALL...

Summer returned today. It was 63F! It's just going to suck when winter finally arrives. It's supposed to be a cold one this year.

TG...you've got the right idea, just keep plugging along. Do you have a deadline to move or do you just want to get it over with?

Mick...people do the strangest things. Great pics, glad the pup was found safe and sound. Safe travels tomorrow I sent you are weather.

Lav...sounds like your day was busy. Mine was very slow and just dragged on. This was the view in downtown Calgary this morning

cgy.jpg

We've had some spectacular sunrises. You're right about getting off on the right foot with the new guy. I sure hope he comes with the right attitude.

Shout out to the rest of the gang. Have a good night all....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Mae all,

I did my booster yesterday, seemed fine last night, but this morning it hit me like a ton of bricks... fever, body aches, chills,, sweats, sheesh. I had an appointment with a client, and went there and worked my tail off moving clothes and then taking a bunch of things to donation. I guess it was better than sitting around being miserable. I'm really hoping for some easing of it tomorrow...

Mick, what great news... that poor little thing was so tiny!!! Thanks for posting the pics. Best of luck on your trip this weekend... I hope the weather holds and all goes well. Are you able to see the niethern lights?

PQ, crossing fingers for you and the new boss getting along brilliantly.

Lav, busy as always... good idea to get the water tested... we ended up with a water softener at our previous house... the pipes were in danger!

I am trying to keep a positive outlook on all things, though so much seems murky and my mind feels quite dull. Just now going to do a New Moon meditation and visualize good outcomes... wishing all good days... cheers.

Comment

Hiya all .hope we are all good. Just landed at the campsite..there are quite a lot of vans here. Spot the deliberate mistake 10 years today and I forgot..27years together ..or 324 months....weather is a bit rubbish at the moment. But it looks OK for the weekend. Hope you all have a good weekend xx
              af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Greetings friends,

Chilly day but no rain & heading down to near freezing again.
                I have a loaf of sourdough bread in progress. It needs to spend the night in the fridge where it develops a lot of flavor then it will be baked tomorrow after bring it up to room temp over 3 hours. I think I have the hang of it now, haha!!

PQ, I would love to see the northern lights someday, thanks for the pic!!
                Well it’s Friday night now so I hope you have a fab weekend doing whatever you want

Cyn, I hope the booster side effects leave you quickly. We passed up the opportunity to get boosters yesterday ~ still feeling a bit chicken after the last experience.
                Working thru all that is something I would have done too, we’re a lot alike I think. Take some time for yourself this weekend too.

Mick, forgot an anniversary? Uh oh!!
                I hope your weekend is fun & not damp in the least!!!

My DIL sent me on a wild goose chase today asking me to pick up the oldest grandson from school at 1:30 (school normally ends at 2:30). Long story short, no one (including him) knew he was to leave at 1:30. I stood in the school office, introduced myself & showed my ID & also showed the text asking me to get him at 1:30. So they called him out of class, we walked outside & I asked him why I was picking him up an hour early, he had no idea. Turns out my DIL meant to text 2:30 not 1:30 for pick up, haha!!! So his weekend will be an hour longer than usual LOL

Hello to the rest of the group & wishing everyone a nice night!
                Lav
                AF since 03/26/09
                NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Mae all - quick check-in for the moment...

Lav, I was back to normal yesterday, so you can plan on that. And if I had done the Tylenol protocol (which I forgot) I might not have had such a hard time... with these break-through infections, I feel safer with the booster... especially as I work with elderly people - I always am concerned about carrying a bug to them. So sorry about the grandson pickup! I try to always check my texts before pressing Send - I get numbers wrong all the time...

PQ, happy weekend, hoping you are doing well...

Mick, happy anniversary - maybe put an alarm on your phone? ��

I am in the midst of trying to find an apartment in the city of my birth, where my family lives... for some reason the whole process is a little wrenching... but of course this too shall pass...

Hello to Det and Pauly and anyone else stopping by - wishing all a great day -

Comment

Hello everyone and how are we today then? Hope we are all doing well. Up we are currently away in the van, and parked right next to the heritage railway line as some of you may have seen by the video Who stop went for a walk today as well 7 miles I ended up getting caned and buying Julie a cable patterned jumper as an anniversary present. Up a bit crazy this morning I was up at 6, drove home let the rabbits out fed them left them in the garage then drove back to the site full stop then tonight we are driven home put the rabbits away after we fed them, gone down to Julie's dad fed him and looked after him and now we are on the way back to the site. So all in all a busy day we are supposed to come back on Monday morning, but the road up the hill where we left, is getting resurfaced on Monday day so we have decided to come back tomorrow afternoon or night that way we will beat any road closures or tar are getting shot all over the place full stop this site is only 10 or 11 miles maximum from where we live, we would definitely come back here again without any shadow of a doubt especially in the summer that is a little Rapids they're, and we watched people canoeing over the little Rapids it was brilliant. Guess who will be doing that next year time to go Julie just coming up the house now so ready to drive back to the side take care look after yourselves stay safe. I have got my booster jab on Tuesday

Comment

MAE ALL...

Mick...wow, you are one busy boy. It is convenient that you're so close, no need to ship the peskies off to their hotel. I saw you had messaged but nothing came through. Sounds like you've found a good spot for easy get aways. I'm still on the fence with you going down the rapids though.

TG...glad to hear you are back to normal. Whatever that is. LOL I hope you find and apartment and you're right it too will pass.

Lav...lucky grandson, out early on a Friday. LOL I too left early on Friday, I was the only one there, except for childcare downstairs. Just couldn't see the point in sitting there with nobody coming in the building and the phone didn't ring once. Today I've been sorting clothes to take to good will, cleaning out my dresser and rearranging my closet. Trying to get rid of all the crap lying around so I can get ready for Christmas. Thursday is a holiday, Remembrance Day and I think I'll take Friday as a vacation day. Take advantage of time off before the new boss starts.

Shout out to the rest of the gang. Have a good Saturday all....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Greetings friends,

Decent day here, sunny & a little chilly.
                        Went to the Natural Foods store I love in Delaware to stock up on stuff I can’t find anywhere else
                        Baked up the sourdough this afternoon & cut the loaf in half to freeze. Homemade bread has to be stored in the fridge since it has no preservatives & a huge loaf can dry out before you get it all eaten so freezing half works best

Cyn, glad you’re feeling better. I will get the booster, I’ve almost got myself talked into it haha!
                        I hope you find an apartment soon where you can be comfy & happy & finally relax. My grandson ended up happy yesterday so everything worked out OK. I was just a touch irritated but I got over it too.

Mick, thanks for the pics & video. Please don’t be one of those lunatics kayaking over a water fall. You would need a whole lot of safety gear dude, haha!
                        Sounds like you’re having a busy but fun weekend

PQ, cutting out early on Friday is every human’s dream, Lol. I don’t want his school to think I’ll be making a habit of doing that though.
                        Glad you got an early start too, why not??
                        I received an invitation last night to an indoor Christmas craft fair on Dec. 4. I filled out teh application so I’ll see if they accept me. It would be nice to do since the last fair was such a failure.
                        I am also in the process of collecting clothes & household stuff to donate. Need thecloset space this time of year, right?

Hello to the rest of the group & hoping everyone has a nice night!
                        Lav
                        AF since 03/26/09
                        NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Working...
                        X