Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 7th Nov

MAE ALL...

Watched all the services nation wide. They were absolutely great. The ex-boss is still haunting me with issues of the upcoming AGM that weren't handled by him. So I'm putting in for overtime today. I have to keep reminding myself that it's not Saturday!

Mick...I wonder how long you can use your sore arm as an excuse. LOL Didn't realize you were having a window replaced but glad it's dealt with and I'm surprised you didn't clean it first. Not quite the chrimbo list but I think the prog coord realizes she needs to be part of the team since her "protector" is no longer available. I just want everyone to work together to make our community association what it once was.

Waves to all...have a great day...:smile:PPQP

Comment

Evening greetings everyone,

Yep I’m in my shop still stitching up lace ornaments. I have so many designs I’ve collected over the years so I can make a lot & people usually like them.
      The rain is due to arrive tomorrow followed by cold air, ho hum.

PQ, glad you escaped the storm, phew! It’s too early for that nonsense & you have other things to do, haha!
      I take it your son doesn’t do well with grown up activities. Some kids just seem to take longer to get the plot than others, who knows? Not paying taxes could be a serious lesson. So you & the program coordinator have made at least temporary peace? Nice.

Mick, keeping my fingers crossed for you & your car
      Getting new windows installed juts before winter gets here is smart. We’ve been through that in several our our older houses., saved tons on heating costs.
      We have had 2 German shepherds over the years but the last one was a crazy girl. Handling her on a leash was difficult & I got my hand twisted badly. I still had to go to work so I switched hands on a moment’s notice. My handwriting is still unreadable even to me haha!
      About he car thing here - I’m not so sure I’m going to let him push me into this unless he comes up with a lot of cash for a downpayment on a new one. I am tired of making payments if you know whaat i mean haha!!

Hello to Cyn, hope you are well.

Hello to Pauly & Det, Sam & Pie.

Have a nice night all!
      Lav
      AF since 03/26/09
      NF since 05/19/09
      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Haya ABerooooos near and far! another blazing quick check-in from the madman.

Lav, so glad you are doing another craft fair...wish I was there.

shouts to Mick, Pauly, PPQ, Treegirl and anyone I've simply missed in my craziness here... whew!

only 1 shoot this weekend so I should be able to actually do something fun or relaxing. Hopefully will get to the temple on Sunday
        for a formal meditation which is always grand.

Pauly, yeah how's my old crazy town doing these days?

gumbo is simmering along... yeah, always cooking can be tough sometimes but somehow I manage to almost always pull off something. Even if it was the dreadful premade meatballs
        I got from the Asian grocer last week trying to save time. They were like balls of totally flavorless uni-textured balogne or something... weird. oh well.

wishing all the very best m'loves!
        nosce te ipsum
        (Know Thyself)

Comment

Mae all,

Det, nice to see you - hope you get to your meditation this weekend. Kudos for cooking so much... I seem to have lost either the ability or the interest. Enjoy!

Mick, glad for the window, crossing fingers for the car... and let's hope the shopping spree is a success... are there things out there to buy?

Lav, another lefty! Amazing that you could switch hands so easily... your handwriting couldn't be any worse than most docs, I'm thinking ��. Wonderful news for the craft fair... I know you'll have happy customers.

PQ, sounds like things are stable at work, hope that continues. And good luck with the weather... or is it Lav, or up here in CT that we need luck? I should watch the weather sometime...

Pauly, what's up girl!?

Well, I have been having lots of anxiety lately... woke up 3 times in the night last night, the last time I was having a dream where someone was stalking me, and I couldn't scream for help... I woke myself up out the dream by making some strange noise... it took awhile to shake that one off. Hoping for a better sleep tonight.. or at least no bad dreams. I had even done a nice meditation the 2nd time I woke up, so I'm not sure what's going on... hopefully my mind is working out whatever it is....

Wishing all peace and light ...

Comment

Hello everyone and how are we today then? Hope all is well L2 stop it is absolutely pouring down with rain here methinks a good move on not going to the market. Just phoned Julie she's enjoying it however it is really expensive apparently so that's definitely would not have suited my pocket! Got the car back from the garage last night, a couple of jobs need doing on it however some parts he needs to order so hopefully it will be in in and fixed next week properly

Hiya det how are you then my friend? Something fun or relaxing question mark anything in mind? Whatever it is enjoy.

Hiya teegee and how are you today then? Yes yes there are plenty of things to buy at the Christmas Market, but really it's a case of do we need anything question mark and the answer that one really is no no. You need to stop eating cheese at night! That's what's giving you the nightmares. It's kind of like the old joke dreamt you were eating marshmallows woke up to find you had eaten your pillow! Hope it all works out take care and have a great weekend

Hiya lav and how are you today then? What have the Lace ornaments done to you that's so bad that you need to stitch them up haha ok ok ok another rubbish joke! Yes my handwriting is not so clever either I must be honest full stop apparently I used to have really nice handwriting, but when I had my stroke I had to sort of teach myself to write again and it's never been the same not to worry re I can understand it it at a push haha. If you need some rain today don't be afraid to ask we certainly have got plenty of it! Hope you have a good weekend

Hiya ppqp and how are you today then? Saw the coordinator hasn't quite made it to the top of your Crimbo card list but heading in the right direction? You are probably right in what you say her Ally has gone on so it's now a one man band oh and by the way it isn't Saturday yet either!

Big shout out to everyone else whenever you are whatever you're doing stay safe and sober and have a great weekend and
            af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Greetings friends!

Had some heavy rain overnight but I’m not sure how much. The sun found it’s way back by the afternoon.
              Good day for staying inside & running an embroidery machine

Det, good to see you
              Glad you are busy & doing well. I’m no meatball expert but I avoid pre-made for a few reasons, mostly too salty.
              I hope you enjoy a little down time this weekend. Maybe there’s some cool fall festival going on somewhere nearby.

Cyn, sorry about the dreams, they creep me out too. Seeing the moon this week & a bunch of planets lining up near it must be doing something to us.
              Lack of decent sleep causes anxiety for me too. Just know you have good company in that department. It won’t last forever, it never does. Hang in there & be careful until your sleep is restored.

Mick, I’m OK in the rain department, thanks.
              Sounds like your car will survive after all, nice. Those of us with the not so great handwriting are lucky to have keyboards these days, Lol
              It seems that you have done quite well post stroke considering all you’ve accomplished just in the past few years, good job!!

PQ, hope your day was fabulous!

Hello to Pauly, Sam & Pie.

Have a nice night all!
              Lav
              AF since 03/26/09
              NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Mae all -

Mick, you are too funny... last night I only had a melatonin gummy, but woke up at 2:30 AM convinced that there was someone trying to get into the house where I'm staying! Gracious! Finally I convinced myself to get back to sleep. Tonight I just had an avocado... what do you think?

Lav, yes, at some point I'm sure that this will all even out... I'm just not used to this anxious "place".. this too shall pass... Glad you can embroider in the rain. I went to work with a client, but just getting from the car to the door, I was drenched. We did get a little sun later. Good luck on all the beautiful lace ornaments!

PQ, are you getting slammed with snow? The map o saw looked like you were in the thick of the storm... hope,you are okay.

Det, Sam, Pauly, Pie and all others - wishing you well! Take care all...

Comment

hiya all how are we today then/ all good I hope lovely and sunny here today .Remember I said about me redoing the kitchen worktop because it was marked?I started it this morning ..Ive got to take it back to bare wood ...before I can do that and sand it ,I have to take all the varnish and sealant off.my fingers are sore ,I am using a stanley blade as a scraper .Ive decided to buy the proper tools ,which will be here tomorrow but as I say Ive already started.The stuff to redo the worktop is £32 per litre ..now thats dear ,but put that against a tradesman charging £200 a day ...plus I enjoy doing it .Julie is taking her dad for his flu jab .

hiya teegee.so you woke up complete with pillow in one piece ...no chew marks out of it?..you got stoned on avacado? get it stoned ...errm yep ok .hope you have a good weekend

hiya ppqp...hope all is well with you .have a nice weekend ...even if you go out sledging,,,,

hiya Lav ,,hows you today then?hope all is good .I was funny when my head seized up..it is now ..but wasnt then .but at the time ,I couldnt see properly talk ,read walk,or write properly .each day,I would make myself read and say out loud anything ,ie signs anything .then I borrowed a pen and write a sentence 15 times a day .I also made mysef walk 400 steps a day ...thats the background to it .eventually they came to do physio,and assess me .Id already done lots ...they threw me out ..sent me home .The next mad bit was ..because I had been practising walking etc up and down the hospital corridor holding onto a bannister,my vision and senses were tunnelled ..so when I walked outside ...I walked in front of a car!!the guy thought I was nutso .
                  As for meatballs ,I love German meatbll ...ie frikadelle they are lovely mit senf (mustard)..its getting dark,I need to go and get the rabbits in.a big shout to everyone else ..

My Chinese neighbour told me he'd just opened a "Crows shop".

I said, "Don't you mean a clothes shop?"

He said, "A Crows shop!"

I said, "OK, I might pop down for a Rook."

Just got back from New York and gave my Japanese girlfriend the ceramic frog she asked for.

She said thanks but looked confused. Weird, I mean she told me to bring her back a statue of ribbity.

When my son leaves the house and doesn’t inform me, I obviously get upset.

Goes without saying.

The inventor of the bleached t shirt has just dyed
                  af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Good evening folks,

A few drops of rain this afternoon then BOOM winter has arrived, haha!! I knew it would happen sooner or later.
                    Stitching my brains out so it really doesn’t matter what’s going on outside

Cyn, I thought about you this morning when I woke up from such a bizarre dream. Maybe anxiety is making the circuit, geez!!
                    Like you said, this too will pass. It’s nice to know we have each other’s company right now :hug:

Mick, I can totally see you being a giant pain in the a$$ in rehab after your stroke, haha!!! People may lose use of arms & legs but their personalities usually persist I remember the day i came home after my head injury/surgery & was scared to death to walk thru any doorway because my head felt SO big, I didn’t think it would fit - no kidding. I also couldn’t feel my feet touching the ground when I walk, very strange but I think it was a side effect of the steroids they had pumped into me. Hence my fear of re-injuring myself.
                    I believe I have mastered the Italian & Swedish meatballs, what more do I need, right?

Hello to PQ, hope you’re OK

Hello to Det & Pauly, Sam & Pie.

A good night to all,
                    Lav
                    AF since 03/26/09
                    NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Mae all -

PPQ, hoping you are doing okay...

Mick, wow, what you have been through! (And Julie too, I presume...). The human spirit is truly wonderful... and your determination as well. Well done!

And Lav, what a story... so glad you have made a full recovery... So you got the beginnings of winter? After a rainy and blustery day yesterday, this morning was bright and lovely, then clouded over, and suddenly a huge thunderstorm hit... the power went out for awhile, but didn't take too long to come back. It made me a little concerned about my drive halfway across the country... I am hoping to do it sooner rather than later, and hoping no bad weather shows up suddenly!

Last night I finally slept through the whole night, and no nightmares! Wonderful... that sure helps the general anxiety level. So maybe I'll do another avocado tonight...

Hello to Det, Pauly, and all else popping in. The moon is gaining light each night...

Comment

Working...
                      X