Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Nov 21

MAE ALL...

TG...I'm really glad you're not in the motel this year. Even without your furry friend it will be better being in a house. Well, with the arrival of the pod you won't be spending time sorting anymore. At lest that's one task off your list. I think it's a good idea to use a lawyer to make sure everything is done right. You don't need to be fighting with that. Turkey chili sounds like a good plan.

Pauly..."they" are saying that with all the masking and social distancing everyone's immune system is low. We didn't have 1 case of the flu in Alberta last winter and they figure it'll be the opposite this winter. I'm all vaxed up so bring it on.

*(&^) Just lost the site and only 1/2 my post auto saved!

Mick...we're enjoying wonderful weather here with no snow in sight. I was wondering if you celebrated Thanksgiving, now I know. LOL Wow, the field is getting to be quite the animal preserve. Wondering if the are bothered by the drone if you fly it? I think the new boss is going to work out. He spent 2 hours with the old boss today but from what I've seen so far he makes his own decisions so not too worried about what was said. He's called a group meeting for Monday morning so we should find out what his plans/thoughts are. Then I meet with him one-on-one on Wednesday.

Lav...hope you had a great Thanksgiving. I'll check back later to see how it went.

Shout out to the rest of the gang. Have a great night all....:smile:PPQP
    Last edited by porqoui; November 25, 2021, 06:18 PM.

Comment

Good evening friends,

We had a lovely drama free Thanksgiving day with daughter & family. Traffic wasn’t too bad so that’s a plus!
      Came home & just sat down, calm & relaxed, nice for a change

Cyn, haha I was taught a lot about nursing, even before I got into it by my Mom. I do believe I inherited her no nonsense attitude & have carried it with me all this time. Turns out you can be friendly, kind & caring but not take any BS all at the same tine Most people don’t realize that patients only get so much time allowed in hospitals by their insurance companies so it was up to us to move them along in their healing/rehab & get as much done in the allotted time.
      I took all the fixings for appetizers that needed to be baked at my daughter’s house like mini broccoli quiche cups & spinach pinwheels made with non-dairy cream cheese in puff pastry. I also baked a pumpkin roll for dessert. They made everything else & did a great job. The Pod sounds like a great idea although I’m sure you’re tired of packing & unpacking. Are you apartment shopping online? At least we have the ability to do that sort of thing these days. Sorry you are on your own for the holiday & I know you miss your fur friend :hug: enjoy that turkey chili, sounds perfect.

Pauly, sorry Lou is sick. Nothing is ‘normal’ these days unfortunately. I’d be sure to get him on some Vitamin C. I doubled my daily dose at the beginning of the pandemic, just had a feeling it would be a good idea. Our immune systems need all the help we can find. I hope your day was good anyway, hang in there.

Mick sounds like the wildlife wants to take over, haha! We have a local message board where people are always reporting that someone’s cows or goats are on the loose. Today a pig showed up at someone’s back door, haha! Good luck with the tooth situation, I have a feeling you know how to handle it the best. I have a feeling my son spent his birthday in the kitchen cooking for his family & FIL since teh DIL doesn’t cook, oh well.

PQ, glad to hear your weather is behaving, that’s nice.
      Today was really nice, I appreciated it, believe me. Now I can save up my energy for Christmas eve when they all will be here. I will demand peace that day, haha!

Hello to Det, Sam & Pie.

Be well everyone.
      Lav
      AF since 03/26/09
      NF since 05/19/09
      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Hello all -

Mick, I love to hear all the wildlife you have - wonderful! There's just something about being close to beasts who live so comfortable and simply in nature. Sometimes I envy them. My bunny friends are curiously getting closer and closer each day to the patio doors where I sit and look out... maybe they have a message for me?

PPQ, it sounds like things are in a position to be positive at work - wonderful news. I'll send good energy to your meeting on Wednesday and the group meeting. It would be nice to pres the reset button! I have been looking online, but I really need to get to Omaha and drive around and get the "vibe" of the neighborhoods. I really hope that this will be the last transition for awhile. I've done enough of this in the last year and a half...

Lav, your day sounds great, and the things you made for appetizers sound delicious! Glad it was a good time. Yes, you will make it a drama-free Christmas, surely.

Pauly, so good to hear from you! Sorry that Lou is sick - sounds like a little boost to his immune system might help - on the other hand, kids, schools, that's that a hard situation.

Det, hoping you are healing, and got some rest in the midst of the holiday.

Well, yesterday I got up at 5:30 AM, left the house at 6:30, drove to storage and started taking care of a few last boxes (7:15). The 2 movers arrived at 8:30, and it was all done by 9:30! Of course, I was "toast" by then, as I was up half the night telling myself that it would all be okay. And it was. On the way back, I passed a store that was open, so got some already-made turkey and mashed potatoes, and gravy (nothing like homemade, but passable). Then I napped! At 4 pm I Decided to take myself to a movie I was interested in: "Belfast"... went back, had dinner, and conked out. This afternoon I return to storage to oversee the pickup of the POD, and tomorrow it will start wending its way to the Midwest. So everyone please send good energy for these last portions of the journey of my "stuff"! Thank you!

Hello to any and all stopping by - wishing you well -

Comment

Hello and how are we today then? Hope everyone is well well and for those that it applies to to enjoying your Turkey curry sandwiches salad soup and any other combination with the leftovers that you may have! It is very cold you today day this morning it rained this afternoon there is Sleet and tonight there forecast snow. It is also very windy, we are in the middle of storm Arwen where that one started from I haven't a clue come up but it's certainly brought the cold weather with it. Bought a Christmas tree this morning for the van when we take it away. Only a small one . So ppqp it looks like we have got your share of the snow! On its way. I also think you meant a Game Reserve as opposed to preserve. Looking at the news this morning come up up I see the British Army are finally giving up Suffield and the Prairie as a training area. There is a reorganisation yet again of the British Army and one of the things they are doing is creating 3 Ranger battalions I'm really scratching my head to figure out where they got that idea from not! As I said it is really cold over here comma even the rabbits are lying under the radiator in the conservatory!
          Hiya lav glad all went well for you over Thanksgiving and you didn't have to referee any matches! Know that you have had a taster you are going for repeat performances over the Christmas period. Hope you have a good weekend.
          Hiya teegee and how are you today then? Hope everything is ok with you. Did you enjoy the film Belfast? Kenneth Branagh has done quite a few bits and pieces. Have you got everything sorted out with regards to the storage now? Hope so it is time for you to take time for you if that makes sense full stop you take care and have a great weekend.
          Hiya pauly and how are you today then? How is Lou question mark hope all is well with you and that you have a decent weekend

Right folks that's it time to go have a great day look after yourselves and have a better weekend
          af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Greetings all,

Don’t you know we had to make a return trip to our daughter’s house today because YB left his iPad there, haha! Not exactly what i wanted to do on Black Friday with all the extra traffic but it worked out OK. Got to sit with my granddaughter for a half hour anyway.
            Came home & made a pot of Tuscan white bean soup since we don’t have leftovers & it was good.

Cyn, you had quite a day yesterday! I would have worked in a nap too, haha. I’m sending up good thoughts & prayers for the safe arrival of your POD. Do you think you’ll be settling in the city or out in the country a little? You’re definitely a nature lover from what i can tell. I’ve never been to Omaha, maybe it’s more country than our east coast cities? You take care of yourself & rest up.

Mick, I think some of your weather may be landing here. We’re supposed to see some snow in the next few days but no accumulation. That’s perfectly oK with me, haha!
            No turkey leftovers here, hence the veggie & bean soup I used to look forward to the Christmas season & having people gather for food & fun but no so much anymore considering everything. Like I said before I’m ready to kick out any person exhibiting bad behavior, just hope I don’t have to if you know what i mean. Have you seen there will be travel restrictions starting Monday over here barring anyone traveling from South Africa & surrounding countries. The Omicron variant is proving to be pretty fierce

PQ, hope your weekend is nice & snow-free! Are you doing any holiday shopping?

Pauly, hope Lou is feeling better, no fun being sick for the holidays. Pick up some gummies or chewable vitamin tablets for him, it should help.

Det, hope you are OK.

Hello to Pie & Sam.

Have a nice night all!
            Lav
            AF since 03/26/09
            NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Good morning everyone hope everyone is safe. We are in the middle of this storm Arwen and it is a Belter. We have got snow and really strong winds part of the internet when knocked out last night for us, and this morning and I'm listening to the wind really howling and watching a telegraph pole across the road moving it must be moving about 6 inches. I don't think we are going far today, it is a huddled up in the house day methinks take care everyone and have a great day

20211127_073757.jpg
              af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Good evening friends,

Geez Mick, I sure hope you did stay home today, that weather sounds dangerous.

Nothing exciting here, just trying to get some embroidery work done for next Saturday’s craft fair. Whatever gets done gets done, Lol
                I keep hearing about the possibility of snowflakes or rain here, likely will be snowflakes as it’s already down to 34 degrees at dinner time. I’m not going anywhere either

Hello to PQ, Cyn, Pauly, Det, Sam & Pie. I hope everyone is doing well.

Have a nice night all!
                Lav
                AF since 03/26/09
                NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Mae all -

Well, I sat in the dark last evening at storage waiting for the truck to pick up the POD, and eventually he made it... I have pics and a little movie of how the whole thing magically gets picked up and placed on the flatbed. There were all my worldly goods, swinging in the air momentarily - sheesh! But this company is quite professional, so I am glad they have my things... I am envisioning the best of all transits for my things. I was quite worn out from the whole thing, and then drove 45 minutes back (to where I am staying) in a flash snowstorm! We got about 4 inches, and it was quite beautiful this morning, but not last night in the dark. I felt lucky and grateful to get back. Today I was a bit of a Zombie, but let myself chill out a little. Had a frightening dream in the night, but I'm chalking that up to the stress that needed to be discharged... hoping I can be a little more proactive tomorrow...

Mick, that weather sounds frightening! I hope you can stay out of that weather pattern when you travel. I love the idea of the little Christmas tree... stay warm!

Lav, oh dear, so you had to go back? Hmmmm, maybe YB needs one of those "clappers" to use before he leaves any house! Glad that you had extra time with your granddaughter... and your soup,sounds yummy. But you didn't get to go home with any leftovers?! Oh well - I guess you'll be keeping your Xmas leftovers... ��Just kidding...

PQ, hoping all is well and that your weekend is good...
                  Det - feeling any better?
                  Pauly - hope Lou is better, and that you had a nice holiday...

Wishing all well -

Comment

Working...
                  X