13th feb

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 13th feb

And good morning everyone hope we are all well today who stop I got it wrong we are still in a storm but it is actually called storm Dudley it comes to an end today and eases off and tonight then storm Eunice starts so we are in for a weekend of it as well. The weather has been pretty brutal and it seems it still isn't finished yet. I have to stay in this morning as there is a new bedding pack arriving for the van and I certainly don't want and leaving it outside in the rain. I've got another plan for the raised bed in the greenhouse( yep another one) looking at building up one end of the bed higher than the rest then I can grow deep rooted plants in it full stop appreciate it's only small and a microcosm of the garden itself however if I can pack as much into her as possible then he even better. Hopefully this storm will be gone by next week as we are away on the 24th in the van. I've also got to rake out the side of the kitchen window the rain has been battering straight at it and I've noticed a damp Edge starting so I'll take it all out and reseal it completely you'll never find that one tiny little spot. That are all sorts of warnings today from Amber to red with regards to the winds and the news this morning showed a kids trampoline that have been blown out of the garden and onto a railway track and almost took a train out. Yes we are still looking for a home care company for Julie's Dad they all seemed much of a muchness at the moment some of the reviews are worse than the one he is actually got and as for care homes forget that some of the reports are absolutely brutal we will find one. Latest news on Amy's house the person she she was buying the house from well the person whose house he was buying has pulled out and is looking for somewhere else so now it means that the old chain is held up and Amy could have lost the buyer for her house. So she has decided to rent accommodation and still let her house go, however the person she is buying the house from as a gesture of Goodwill has taken 2 grand off the price in order to facilitate her rent. She could have moved in with her partner's parents, but it would have meant her putting her cat into to a cattery until such times as they moved and she wasn't willing to do that she said it wasn't fair on the cat. She is very animal orientated. I noticed the latest on the news over here they are now giving the virus injections to children between 5 and 11 years of age. It's quite strange really over here, the virus has now suddenly seemed to have gone way down on the news list with Boris Prince Andrew Prince Charles and all the rest of the junk that is going on it is now classed mainly as a sort of flu-like thing and that's not demeaning the seriousness of flu but it's more in the way of something we live with which was always going to be the case. Hope everyone is doing well take care and look after yourselves... I'm just going to watch the rain!
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Greetings friends,

My jaw just hit the floor listening to the news. The Russians have lobbed artillery into Ukraine that hit a kindergarten. Luckily no injuries but damage to the building. Are they wanting to start WW III??
      I can’t stand the thought of another war. No one needs one
      YB has been pestering me about getting some new chickens even though i think it’s time to wind down my chicken hobby. Well the new chicks arrived at the feed store today so now I have 8 new chick babies hanging out in my laundry room, staying warm, haha. 4 Buff Orpingtons & 4 new Chocolate Orpingtoms. Mick they had the blue egg layers there but I don’t want any more of those goofy birds.

PQ, sorry about the surprise storm, that’s not nice. I hope you could travel safely today.
      Don’t worry about the heredity stuff too much, our DNA composition is really a crap shoot. You have the knowledge & awareness to keep a check on it & that’s all we can do. I hope today was fun at work. Our warm weather being pushed out by a cold front tonight. I heard there’s snow out west & rain & tornadoes in the south, ugh.

Cyn, it ended up cloudy here too so no sky watching tonight.
      I am learning to make good use of my peripheral vision & I think it’s helping. What can we do but our best in a weird situation, right?

Mick, your storm are running back to back with no break, that’s bad. No wonder you’re seeing flooded roads & such.
      Healthcare has certainly taken a hit all over the world since the pandemic hit. Keeping an elder in their home as long as possible is always best but they need steady help. There’s been talk for several years over here about moving away from the current nursing home model where hundreds of seniors are housed in multilevel buildings looking much like hospitals. The new trend is opening smaller places where the residents can live like they really are at home. They help with cooking, gardening & animal care when they can instead of being cooped up in a large institution. Sounds good to me.
      I hope we are all done with large outbreaks of virus variants & can get back to something near normal this year. I hope the queen is oK after being exposed by her grown up son. Andrew needs to go find a place to hide for the rest of his existence, Lol.

Hello to Pauly, Det & Sam.
      Have a nice night all.

Lav
      AF since 03/26/09
      NF since 05/19/09
      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

MAE ALL...

Latest update on the PC, her next ETA is April 1st. Boss just said go ahead and make any changes you want to regarding programs. I brought up our racquet club (tennis) and told him we need to ditch the current provider and go with mine. He said sounds good to me, send me some info. I would say the PC will be shocked when she comes back but she's probably not coming back. Had a good day at work, booked my first event in 4 years. Told the boss I'm doing it my way, not the way the old GM wanted. Let's just keep it simple and he totally agreed.

TG...too bad about the overcast but like you say she'll be sticking around for a bit. Not sure what changes you made but a little more courage sounds great. You're getting there. Big change at work from a year ago, I am really enjoying it.

Mick...on your phone again eh? I can't blame you for getting the storm names wrong. LOL Basically it's one storm done next storm on it's way. Hope you got your bedding pack ok, got to get that van ready for the 24th. I think making a deeper raised bed is a good idea. Will you ship orders to Canada? Our weather is changing for the weekend as well. Of course now that I have my procedure scheduled for the 22nd it's going to be -18C/-0.4F. I hope Amy gets her house buying sorted out, how stressful. Hope you enjoyed watching the rain.

Lav...I'm sure I'll discover that you've posted when I'm done this. LOL

Hope you all have a good night....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Mae all - will post more tomorrow morning... eyes crossed this evening from a crushing day of dealing with Estate, bank, taxes, medical bills, etc. Didn’t think that was what the day would hold, but starting out at 12 degrees F, I guess that staying in and working was okay.

Mick, sounds like you already had the precursor and now Eunice is coming with all blades drawn... good luck friend! Sounds like south of you will get the brunt of it, but the whole west coast sounds endangered. Thinking of you —

Wishing all a good night - Pauly and Det, you too!

Comment

Think I just lost my phone post -
            But wishing all well - Mick thinking of you, and good luck in this storm... sounds dangerous... Keeping fingers crossed for you -

Comment

hiya everyone ...well here we are in the middle of the storm..it hit about 10 this morning ..I went to the shops at 9 to beat it and also got another high level shrub for the garden ...and yes it is in there too ..I want the height to try and bring the birds in ...not magpies and pigeons .goldfinches etc .Im growing some shrubs on in the greenhouse but when they get established than I will swop them out .dont think Im goingf anywhere this weekend.

hiya ppqp ...yep twas on my phone ...could you tell?? it isnt very good at jockanese ha ha .the pg comes back on April fools day?seems like this new guy is doing a bit more of delegation than abdication ..how are you doing health wise .?yep I will ship to Canadia .you take care .

hiya Lav hows you then? all good?Yep the last thing we need is a war ,on the back of the last couple of years and the economic state of the world ,we need to recover not plunge deeper into senseless life loss and death to satisfy playground dick waving on the part of political leaders .Your idea of care for elder folk is brilliant ,but in the main what you find is care homes are usually big houses that have been re vamped for multi occupancy ..in other words more return to the owners ..who in the main are private businesses trying to make as much as they can for minimum outlay ..In most cases ,care home help is paid a mere pittance ..a majority of them were labour from abroad..they arent recognized as carers but maids sweepers up cleaners and domestic helps working all sorts of unsociable hours . you pay peanuts you get monkeys .....not in every case ..but there are training needs not met financial remuneration is crap,job satisfaction?
              Ive got a couple of pics of Prince Andrew down the Falklands ..wonder if he would like to buy them... you take care ..

hiya tg hows you then?yep its chucking it down like mad here ....hope you are ok?take care and have a great weekend

hello to everyone else ...have a great weekend wherever you are
              af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Evening greetings friends,

It sounded like we were in a wind tunnel all night, strange. Now the temp has dropped to usual February numbers, currently 33 & heading down to 24 all night. I spent most of my day embroidering 7 will be getting back to it in a few minutes. No sense in trying to go out for anything. The baby chicks are happy, so far so good

PQ, I smiled reading your post about work. Sounds like you & the new boss can handle things quite well together - good team work. That’s the way it should always be!!!
                Hope you have a relaxing weekend!

Cyn, I hope you are rested up now. Sleep has been better the last 2 nights for me, yay.
                I just got the county tax bill in the mail today & will pay that soon. You should likely be caught up with estate stuff by now, right? I hope so anyway. I was happy to have some good advice from an accountant friend when dealing with my parent’s stuff. Anything exciting coming up this weekend for you?

Mick, I just heard Biden speak on TV & it sure sounds like something is developing. Biden is convinced Russia has already decided to invade Ukraine.He’s experienced & 1000% smarter than Trump so I trust him to do the right thing where Russia is concerned. I agree there’s so many good & useful things we can do to help people & not feed the war machine.
                I just hope & pray that we can take care of ourselves until the end & avoid the whole nursing home debacle. We owe it to ourselves to stay as strong & healthy as possible.
                Trump took 15 boxes of classified material with him when he left the white house. NOW can we finally lock him the hell up?? Lol

Hello to Pauly, Det & Sam.
                Have a nice night all. I’m going back to my workshop for a few hours.

Lav
                AF since 03/26/09
                NF since 05/19/09

Comment

MAE ALL…

:yay: it’s the weekend and it’s a long one for me. We celebrate Family Day on Feb 21st so Monday is a holiday. Tuesday I go in for my Gastroscopy procedure.

Lav…I knew you would show up after my post yesterday. Unfortunately I think things are going to get worse between Russia and the Ukraine. Of course you have 8 new chicks, LOL, they are so cute. Being proactive with my eye, never want to give up reading. I’ve been seeing pictures of the storms in the US and it looks like you’re in for a whopper. It is strange hearing the wind like that isn’t it? Glad you just stayed home today. Yes, work is a much better place these days. I’m sticking close to home this weekend.

TG…Hope you were able to uncross your eyes and get a good sleep. Phone post saved. LOL

Mick…just watching the news and up popped “Eunice making history in the UK”. Watching a plane trying to land in Heathrow, WOW! Looking at the White Dome of London’s O2 Arena and the winds are shredding the roof. They issued a rare “Danger to Life weather alert”. Of course the new high level shrub is in the garden already. I think it would be a good idea for you to stay put this weekend as well. I’m doing good health wise for now, we shall see what the outcome of Tuesday’s procedure is.

Our temp is supposed to be 2C/35F by midnight and keep rising to 10C/50F for the high tomorrow. Then they plummet to -20C/-4F and stay there for a couple of days. I want my spring back!

Shout out to everyone else. Have a good night….:smile:PPQP

Comment

Hello everyone how are we today then? hope all is well this is just a quick jumping it has been snowing this morning and the Snow's lying but now we have rain with blue skies and then tomorrow the rest of the storm. This is just a short post I am in the middle of trying to set up a new printer to my laptop phone's and Julie's iPad. I know as much about this as I do about flying helicopters so this should be interesting. Yes it was pretty scary overhearing places yesterday day. If you can find it on YouTube have a look for the footage of the Ardrossan car ferry it actually comes into port sideways. A full report on my technical skills will follow shortly... either that or there will be a glazier here to fix the windows have a good day

Comment

MAE ALL...

Mick...snowing!! We're just waiting for an Alberta clipper to land plunging us back into the deepfreeze. Woke up to 8C/46F so went out to stock up. Me and the rest of the city, man it was busy out there. Snow expected later today up to 8 inches and temp dropping to -15C/5F overnight, that will be our high tomorrow and for Monday, snow stopping but temp will be -18C/-.4F all day. Tues morning it will be -28C/-18F as I make my way to the hospital for my procedure. The positive - the roads should be cleared of the snow. Footage of the Ardrossan car ferry was on the news, unbelievable! Good luck with the printer setup, just don't let everything default, you tell it what to do!

Hunkering down till Tuesday. Have a good day/night everyone....:smile:PPQP
                      Last edited by porqoui; February 19, 2022, 05:54 PM.

Comment

Greetings friends,

Cold & windy here as promised. We did have some flurries earlier but no squalls like they said.
                        Keeping up with chicken & chick care, roasting a store bought chicken & veggies for dinner & constructing some pillows has kept me busy all day.

PQ, hope your weekend is good despite. The cold & snowy weather. Good luck on your procedure Tuesday, hope you have no problem getting there.

Mick, you’ve had all the weather phenomena except a rainbow I think, haha!
                        So how did that printer set up go? I have no tech skills, not even one. YB handles all that stuff. I updated my laptop to Windows 11 or some such thing then couldn’t figure out how to turn the laptop off. They changed all the icons, Lol

Hello to Cyn, hope your day was good.
                        Hello Pauly, Det & Sam too.

Have a nice night y’all.

Lav
                        AF since 03/26/09
                        NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Mae all, sorry to be away. I mean mentally away... I was here the whole time, but have a strange fatigue that just pulls the rug out from under me... have to take an afternoon nap to get through the day, but I don't seem to mentally recover... so... whatever!!

Mick, glad that you are okay for now... I will look for that YouTube... I am a little in the dark without a TV - I rely on what comes up on the computer news feeds and that isn't always great. Very impressive that you are doing garden stuff in the middle of these storms! I wasn't really able to understand the whole story of your daughter's house, but it sounds like it will work out in the end, and I'm glad she's in a place where the cat and she can be together. Good luck with Julie's dad's situation... so hard when there aren't many options available - I hope something comes up that will work.

PPQ, sounds like you have work well in hand. Glad that you got a touch of spring, but of course winter is still here for awhile... also here as well. We have the crazy sling-shot bouncing from 50s to below zero... it will be awhile before all of this settles out. Have a great long weekend, and sending good wishes for Tuesday's procedure.

Lav, good for you for figuring out a 'work-around' for your eye... hopefully some of that will become automatic. Glad to hear you are working on more of your wonderful pillows. more chicks? They sound like they are very cute...hopefully they will grow up to be well-behaved lady chickens. (I love Buff-Orpingtons!) I can't decide if I have a bug, allergies, or what... I dusted and vacuumed today because I was a little sneezy - now I have a nose that 's running like a faucet, and sneezing to match. Tomorrow I'll pick up some Claritin - I got Zyrtec, but finally figured out that it was probably the cause of my all-day sleepiness. RE: Estate Account. Not done yet, though closer. I emailed a slew of stuff to the attorney, she told me to send some other things and then announced she was going on vacation... I don't know how long. Oh well, eventually it WILL get done...

Hello to Pauly, Det, Sam and anyone dropping by - cheers to all - Mick, I hope you stay safe!

Comment

Working...
                          X