Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 6 Feb

Greetings Mick & company

It was a real nice day, sunny & you could feel the warmth. Made it up to 60 degrees & I ended up with the AC on in my car this afternoon, haha. Tomorrow’s whiplash weather will have us dealing with rain & snow & wind & temps dropping below freezing. I did not order this & I certainly do not want snow, haha!!!
    My young chicks are outgrowing their nursery but I can’t put then outside in an unheated space while it’s freezing out. They keep knocking over their food & water feeders.

Mick, glad yo at least had a nice start to the day.
    I really don’t want to deal with another puppy but I wouldn’t mind giving an older dog a home at some point. Puppy teeth are razor sharp & the skin on my hands & arms has gotten rather thin - the two don’t mix if you know what I mean. I can’t believe a word Putin says, he’s not exactly a solid person. Hoping his flock gets sick & tired of him & take care of business for us.

Hello to PQ, Cy, Pauly, Det & Sam wherever you are

Have a nice night all!

Lav
    AF since 03/26/09
    NF since 05/19/09
    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

MAE ALL...

Rats! The whole post just went blank and no auto recover. I started out saying it was my turn to loose a post yesterday and if this keeps up I might loose this one.

Mick...you are really going to town, planting trees at 6am. I sure hope you don't get walloped with a freezing storm. These trees you got produce the full size apples right? Not the little crabapples that everyone plants around here. Things sound pretty positive with Julie's Dad's care. Hope it all works out.

Lav...I hope you don't get battered tomorrow. AC on in the car! Yup, better keep those chicks inside for a while longer. The city just announced they are handing out 100 hen permits, they'll do it as a lottery draw. You have to take a Hen Management course to qualify. I don't think my balcony is big enough to get one. LOL Out of the blue I got an email from my GI doc's admin today with a requisition for Celiac disease screening attached to it. Wonder if she took something during my endoscopy and just got the biopsy back. Oh well, booked the lab work and it'll be at least 2 weeks before I can get in.

TG...hope you travels are going good and that you're not stuck with too many layovers.

Managed to get all my backlog done so now it's on to current affairs. I am looking forward to this weekend, no hall responsibilities and I'm not answering my phone.

Have a good night all...:smile:PPQP

Comment

Mae all,
        Quick update for tonight.... I have arrived In Coronado, CA, and on the flight down the pilot took us out over the ocean a bit to make a turn back into the wind... what a thrill to see the water. Unfortunately, many of us on the flight got only some (or none) of our baggage... Somehow my 2 pieces got separated, and only 1 arrived. So, I will see some more of my things tomorrow, hopefully!

Lovely also to see blooming trees and emerald hills steeped in clover. Thank goodness spring is coming to our winter lands soon too.

Mick, glad to hear that Julie hit her dad’s situation sorted. And my goodness you are an early-rising gardener!
        Lav, love the description of that puppy! But yes, the puppy teeth! You were sweet to bring a gift to them. Good luck with this current storm, sheesh!

PPQ, well I guess all health things will be revealed in good time. The best thing is that you did the tests - good job! Hope all keeps hopping along at work.

Sorry to be brief - I am tired from a long day of travel, kids, batting practice, special meal to congratulate one child for getting into a private high school, laundry, etc. But all good... I am glad that I am here...hopefully I can ease the situation a bit. Will work on getting things cleaned up and settled before Monday when my nephew’s heavy-duty radiation/chemo starts.

In the meantime, wishing all here well and healthy - take care. And blessings on those poor Ukranians..., sending them
        Solace and strength...

Comment

Hello everyone, how are we today then?hope everyone is doing ok. Its very windy here today..and more expected, but at least there is no rain...yet.A quiet weekend, I watched 3 episodes of the Sons of Anarchy last night. Interesting one...over here they have siezed over 3.2 billion pounds worth of assets from Roman Abramovich. He is one of the 7 oligarchs. Also the chairman of Chelsea football club..they are worth over 3 billion pounds. His shares are going to be sold and the monies will be given to the emergencies fund for both Ukrainians and dependents of the Russian conscript soldiers killed. He will not get a penny of either that money or his other assets. Hopefully other countries will follow suit as well, and the oligarchs turning against Putin.

Hiya teegee. Wow that is some schedule you're doing! Take some time for yourself. Yes I think we may have sorted the care out for Julie's Dad I definitely hope so. Has all your luggage arrived yet? Take care and have a great weekend

Hiya lav and how are you then today? Hope all is well over there. Did the brutal weather arrive? I hope not ..hope you managed to get the chickens outside. Julie has told me she has got 11 working days left and can't wait! Must be honest I don't really blame her it is a complete charade. Did I tell you about out all the protective equipment they bought when the virus first started? The government bought tons of stuff masks visors hand sanitising gel and lots more . this was all done on the old boy politician net no contracts no nothing.. they wasted millions and millions if not billions of pounds there are 138 prisons in the country, every single one of them was issued with all this protective stuff, and none of it was ever used. the reason why? It was bought from China .There are no instructions , no contents guide no nothing, no labels and the masks were not fit for purpose. They are going to burn It all....the theory being to recoup some of the funding they spent in creating energy by burning it. what a crock of crap no wonder we are in so much debt! Along with that they were giving out millions of pounds in aid when when everyone was furloughed. They gave thousands of pounds away to non-existent businesses including drug dealers criminal activity gangs and they lost about 6 billion pounds in total a lot of which will never ever be recovered imagine it's the normal Joe in the street pulled a stunt like that. Anyway more to the point I hope you have a good weekend

Hiya ppqp how are you today then? Hope all is well over there in Calgary on Sea ? yes these are full sized apples not the sour little horrible crab apples that are used for jellies. Now there is a novelty keeping hens and chickens on your balcony! Are you doing anything this weekend? Or an easy one? Take care and have a good one

A big shout out to everyone else hope you are doing well take care have a great weekend
          Last edited by Mick; March 12, 2022, 09:02 AM.
          af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Greetings friends,

Woke up to rain & by 9am it had turned to snow which lasted for 3 hrs, stopped then started again. The wind was blowing the snow sideways. Not exactly a look you want 8 days before spring arrives, haha.
            Spent the day inside keeping myself busy with house work & embroidery work.

PQ, celiac disease can cause damage to the digestive system, maybe that’s what the doc saw during your colonoscopy. Celiac can cause lots of issues like other autoimmune issues. It would be a good idea to get checked out. If you are + for celiac going gluten free is the only thing you can do. Wonder if your workplace would qualify for a hen permit/ that would be a cool addition to the community garden. Hope your weekend has been peaceful.

Cyn, glad you arrived safely, I hope your luggage catches up with you. Sounds like you are going to be super busy. Save some energy for yourself so you can stay healthy :hug:

Mick, I decided to just keep the chickens inside today. I don’t like them getting soaking wet when the temp is dropping below freezing.
            Julie has to be thrilled to see the end of her career coming so soon. Life truly begins after you retire, right? About all that crappy Chinese made PPE - the hospitals here had to deal with it too. My daughter said N95 masks were falling apart coming right out of the shipping boxes - useless crap. I know a lot of people took advantage of the funds distributed to help people survive being temporarily jobless. It’s a shame no one has any integrity anymore.

Hello to the rest of the crowd. I have to go out & turn. The lights off in the chicken house or they’ll be up partying all night, Lol
            Have a nice nighgt all!

Lav
            AF since 03/26/09
            NF since 05/19/09
            Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Working...
            X