March 20th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: March 20th

hello everyone ...a big shout from sunny on sea...been an absolutely lovely day out there...shorts and sunglasses and a hat on out there for me ..I look like someone in a home ...all I need is a tartan blanket .Been up in the loft messing with the railway ...I have an idea to make it more rural ,ie take a lot of the main street out and replace them with cottages ,but then I lose the busyness of it .throat is really sore still and that mucous on chest feeling .I had some Amoxicillin tablets ,so Im taking them see if they help.been out in the garden ..the pump water feature is now history...when I had the other water feature on ..the drilled stone ti sounded lovely trickling...the pump was like someone filling a bucket ...so now I've drilled another stone ,tried it ,sounds good so I need to put it together properly .The aubretia in the back garden id flowering and attracted no end of butterflies ,Red Admirals and Peacock .Still no car fro the garage..will phone him after this .

hiya Lav how are you then?hope all is good with you...the carers are fantastic ,and so are their reports ...Julie can access them at any time ,so she can see what hass been done etc .She says they are completely different from the other ones ..they treat and talk to him as a person as opposed to a case .Got an e mail this morning ..we usually get our eggs from the milkman ..free range ,but there is a massive bird flu pandemic over here so they have brought all birds inside ,by law.I haven't a clue about the car ,I thought it might be hard pads ..there is plenty of meat on them..hope you have a good weekend .

hiya ppqp ,how are you doing then?all good?soon be the weekend. I've sent you some sunshine ....are you off this weekend or have you got some functions on?take care and have a lovely day .

hello everyone else ..hope we are doing ok .take care .
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Hey kids,

How about sending me some of that sunshine????
      I can’t believe it’s going below freezing this weekend, Brrrr!! I have fattened up my baby birds as much as possible & they have all their feathers now so hopefully they will be OK under their heat lamp.
      Glad we haven’t planted anything but some bulbs so far, geez.
      Decided to stitch up some caps with a 3rd design I purchased from a Ukrainian digitizer. My oldest grandson put his cap on when I picked him up from school this afternoon, looks great on all that long hair haha.

PQ, I didn’t roll myself out of bed until 08:45, LOL I was up & down all night, so aggravating. I just don’t want to get into taking Rx sleeping pills although I know they would help. Too many people end up falling & fracturing something when heavily medicated. So I’ll just wait it out & usual & hope I return to a somewhat normal sleep pattern soon.
      Sorry your weather is still wintry too.

Mick, I’m glad Julie’s dad is in such good hands now. No senior deserves anything less!
      We have had break outs of avian flu in neighboring states, none local that i know of. We have been warned about increasing our biosecurity to keep our flocks safe. My chickens are no longer free ranging since the fox incident a few summers ago. I keep them in their fenced yard & once the trees leaf out no bird passing overhead will be able to contaminate them. Sorry your car is still under the weather.
      Stay busy with your trains, sounds interesting. I am going to get some pics on FB this weekend of the embroidery I’m doing for Ukrainian relief.

Hello to Cyn, hope you are well.
      Hello to Pauly & Det. Hey to Sam too!

Have a nice night all!
      Lav
      AF since 03/26/09
      NF since 05/19/09
      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Hi All...

Boy am I glad it's Friday. Was thinking maybe I could leave early until an older Chinese couple came in and asked to see the halls for their daughter's wedding. Every room we walked into the mother just gasped and said oh wow. She was very impressed. LOL I usually make people book an appointment to view the halls but when they asked if they could phone their daughter, who just lived 2 blocks away I said ok. So I ended up staying 1/2 hr late.

Mick...I think you're just rubbing it in when it comes to the weather. Yup, there's pros and cons for both rural and urban landscapes. I didn't realize you had a sore throat, hope the Amoxicillin helps. I'm sure you'll get the water feature the way you want it. Seems like the aubretia was a good choice with all those butterflies. Hope you were able to get your car back.

Lav...and our wacky weather continues. I hope the chicks are ok and it sounds like they should be. Arg! just clicked a button on my mouse and it jumped back to the start of the thread. Thankfully autosave worked. So there was an ulterior motive for doing the caps. LOL I'll be checking the website out this weekend. I actually slept more than I was awake last night so maybe things are changing for the better. My Dr is very leery about giving me sleeping pills but I will take the OTC ones every now and again. Hope your sleep settles down.

Shout out to the rest of the gang. Have a good night all....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Hello all and how are we today then? Hope everyone is doing ok as I boil in the sunshine he says innocently. Another glorious day here today again, breakfast outside again this morning Under the Sun umbrella, makes a change from being a rainy one! Finished the water feature yesterday it looks and sounds really good. All I need to do is get some colour into the garden there is plenty of green in there are there at the moment but I definitely need Colour. Keep throwing these ideas about out in my head in regards to the railway, I'm sure it will all come together eventually

Hiya ppqp how are things with you today?yes the weather over here at the moment is lovely but it is supposed to change again next week. my throat is pretty sore, and have really got that bunged up feeling, no doubt it will go away but I may go to the doctor's next week. Sounds like you did a good job in respect of the wedding venue well done to you. Take care and hope you have a great weekend irrespective of what you do

Hiya lav how are you today then?doing good I hope. Sorry you didn't sleep so well, it's probably the change in the seasons. Yes been quite fortunate with the early start of the growing season comer but I think it will slow down now. Even now that is the chance of Frost so we need to be careful what we actually plant out. Well done on the embroidery for the Ukraine, those people have certainly got courage and determination. Hope you have a good weekend.

Hello everyone else...hope you are doing well.
          af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

afternoon all
            old man winter still kicking around it seems, going to get chilly next couple of days. Had a rather traumatic occurrence the other night. My daughter is taking some courses up in NY so we've been taking care of her dog and cat. Cat went missing for a couple days and finally came back the other day with its rear foot barely attached and she was pretty chewed up. I suppose it was a coyote as we have them running around here pretty often. Took her to the vet and had to put her down. This kind of thing seems to happen when someone has gone away.

Playing at the local lodge tonight, gonna be a chilly event!

Mick, hope you're on the mend. Being under the weather gets in the way of fun, that ain't no good.
            Lav and PQ, sleep seems to have been an issue with, especially around the full moon, I can't sleep when it is so bright outside.

be well my friends.
            Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Greetings friends,

Celebrating 13 AF years today :woohoo2:
              I think I have this AF life down pretty good. I know it’s always a choice & it’s been a good one for me

PQ, nice of you to give the family a tour of the facility. They will remember your kindness I’m sure.
              We’re expecting gusty thunderstorms tonight & then the temps take a nose dive to the 20’s, Brrrr.

Mick, glad you’re getting so much done outside & inside too. I could be a bit jealous right now, haha!
              I was thinking this morning we both had sore throats before Christmas when we got that big head cold, yuck. We even tested for the virus but it was negative. Hope you feel better soon.

Sam, so sorry about the cat, that’s sad. I hope your daughter is OK with the sad news.
              The wind is blowing in from the west, the clouds are pretty fierce looking right now.

Hello to all & wishing everyone a good night!
              Lav
              AF since 03/26/09
              NF since 05/19/09
              Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Lav...WOW 13 years!! I think you've aced the AF life too.
                gj.jpg
                I could actually go for a good thunderstorm. It was overcast and just above freezing all day, felt like a winter day. Managed to get my haircut today, boy did it need it. Did some necessity shopping including gas and was counting every penny, prices are crazy. The family on the tour was cute, father of the bride wanted to pay "right now". He figured 4hrs, setup decorating 1/2 hr, ceremony 1/2 hr and dinner 3 hrs. LOL The bride said whoa, there's a lot to figure out first.

Sam...glad I'm not the only one in winter mode. Sorry to hear about your daughter's cat. You're properly right about the coyote. Take it the event at the lodge is outdoors. Stick with the fast tempos to keep your blood pumping. LOL

Mick...I hope you can hold onto the sunshine for days to come. I'm sure 99% of your posts start with "surprise, raining again" LOL Good on you for finishing the water feature and I'm sure it will be surrounded in colour soon. I'm sure you'll get to the right decision about the train setup.

Thinking of Det, Pauly and TG and hoping all is well. Have a good night all....:smile:PPQP

Comment

alright Lav! Remaining sober is habitual!

PQ, yep outside event. probably rain like hell on the day??***!!

Mick, all better yet? You affected by pollen badly? I've noticed the older I get the more it bothers me.

looks like a nice cool spring day, too bad I have so much inside work. Have a good one friends
                  Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Lav, congrats on your amazing accomplishment!! You’re an inspiration!

QW
                    AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                    F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Working...
                    X