the 7 and 20th March....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the 7 and 20th March....

afternoon all...how are we then? Happy mothers day to all that it applies to .another lovely day today here,but listen to this ...the weather forecast next week ...rain rain ,and on Friday snow ..how does that work?not done a lot today ..did a fair bit yesterday ...If you have a look at the pic where the rabbits are eating ,I dug all that out ...and put roughgrass turf in ...they love it ..Im also going to put some dandelions in though I doubt if they will get a chance .Throat still sore .Clocks went forward last night ..I didnt even know until I looked this morning at my phone .

hiya quit wining ...nice to see you ..how are things doing with you ? hope all is well? you still off the falling down juice?nice to see you pop in ..take care you know where we are .

hiya Sam ...hows you matey? all good ..?yep hay fever bothers me now ..it never used to but if there is anything going nowadays and its free Ill have it ..I never got covid ....instead I got bronchitis and shingles ...bargain 2 instead of 1 !!you take care mate ...this old age lark isnt up to much so they say .......

hiya Lav ...firstly well done on your 13 years ...apologies for missing it yesterday ,I was messing about on the moors in the garden ..everywhere !yep you are right .we both got the colds etc ..and the sore throats .Judging by the forecasts ,next week we are having rubbish weather so yours should be good!!have a lovely day

hiya ppqp ..how are you then? I guess net weeks post will be rain specific.hoe all is well over in canadiasville .you should be starting to come into the good weather season?Prices for energy are crazy over here too..in fact the world over I guess..hope you have a good day .

hiya teegee ,pauly and det ...hope all is good with you ...I saw Det on another forum I think so at least he is ok .

right good people ,take care and have a good afternoon

20220327_091038.jpg

I tell women that I'm responsible for a large team of web developers.

I find it gets a better reception than saying I live in a bedsit with a spider infestation.

Just seen an article where a mother fed a family of five for a pound.

I'll bet she didn't use the fking gas cooker then.

I wish I had a golden megaphone, all encrusted with diamonds, just like Prince Harry Sussex's got.
    Then I'd go down the shopping precinct, just like he does, & shout just like him:
    "LEAVE ME ALONE"!

I went fishing yesterday and caught a whopper!

My town's had a real litter problem since that Burger King opened.

Every Sunday, 7pm, I find the wife shaving her toes in the bathroom.

She’s a creature of hobbit.

Tom: "Excuse me, can I ask you which month you were born?"
    Dave: "May"
    Tom: "I'm sorry, 'May' I ask you which month you were born?"

At my age, "spring forward” is less about Daylight savings time.

And more about my attempts to get out of a chair.

Last night my neighbor came home drunk and banged on his door for a solid 5 minutes. The problem is he lives alone, so I went out and told him he wasn't there and he left.

I've just had some grapes.

It stated wash before use on the packaging.

I had a shower to be on the safe side.
    Last edited by Mick; March 27, 2022, 10:28 AM.
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Re: the 7 and 20th March....

Greetings friends!

Snow flurries for a while then a sudden snow squall which melted immediately, crazy!!
    Stayed inside & worked on stitching my Ukraine items which are getting attention on FB. Two former MWO members have made purchases

Mick, thanks for celebration thread, that was nice of you
    Looking at your pic all I could think of was a BUNNY BUFFET, haha! They look like they’re enjoying a feast.
    Hope you guys are feeling better soon, no fun being sick.

QW, thank you for your words too!

Sam, thanks & yes, my allergies have been getting worse & worse as I age. Doesn’t seem quite fair especially since we are behaving ourselves and all, haha!

PQ, thanks to you as well.
    Hope your weekend has been fabulous!

Cyn, thinking of you!

Pauly & Det, thinking of you two as well.

One of my young chickens started trying to make a crowing noise this morning - uh oh! I’ll be keeping an eye on that one for sure.
    Wishing everyone a nice night!

Lav
    AF since 03/26/09
    NF since 05/19/09
    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Hello everyone how are we then today?all good I hope. Lovely and sunny outside again, rain tonight. Had a busy day today, but enjoyed it. Rabbits are outside on the new grass. I even planted dandelions for them. Nuts or what. But they love it.was messing on the railway line but it is too hot up there. Where the main houses are I'm moving some of them. Thankfully I had fitted plugs to all the lighting. Julie finishes in 2 days now..we are off to sunny Southport next Monday. Be interesting to see what my old house is like now.chicken making crowing noise?

Hiya everyone else hope you are all doing well.
      af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Mae all -

Sorry to be away... crazy times right now. i put in (felt like) about a thousand hours for my nephew's family, including a color change/new coats of paint in their front room - it made things feel much calmer, but I realize that I am not as young as I used to be! I got home, did the laundry, dusted and vacuumed, and then got a call that a dear friend (elderly) in Tahoe was in the hospital, and her family is out of the country. So... I repacked and got on a 6 AM flight yesterday morning, arriving in Reno at 10 AM. My friend was discharged but is very weak, so I am staying with her for awhile. She will need some kind of heart procedure soon, but we'll know more after Thursday when I take her for a consultation.
        "
        So that's me. I hope all is well with folks - Lav, congrats on your "anniversary" and on selling your things. At some point I'll get back on FB... and none of my devices seem to be able to handle Messenger, so I may be missing out on a lot of things! Mick, lucky bunnies... we should all be eating dandelions! Very nutritious! Hope your weather improves - you've had a rough spring. PPQ, I'll go back and read last week's posts to see what you are up to. Hello to Det, Pauly, Sam, QW and all others dropping by...
        Wishing all well --

Comment

Good evening friends,

We’ve had part sun today but the icy cold wind kind of cancels out any feeling of warmth. It feels more arctic out there today than it has all winter, ugh. April is right around the corner so I hope we get back to spring soon. Staying inside & getting some work done is my plan for a few days.

Mick, you can go ahead & send the sun & warmth any time now, OK?
          I’ll bet Julie is excited, good for her. So you’re heading back to the homeland, that’s great!! I didn’t hear any baby bird crowing attempts today, probably too cold for them. I hope it was just a fluke because I really can’t keep any roosters here.

Cyn, Wow, you have been one busy lady!! I know for a fact that I can’t do those paint jobs anymore. You had no time to rest before you were off again to Reno. Please take it easy & don’t hurt yourself trying to help everyone else :hug:
          Don’t worry about missing anything on Facebook or Messenger, I’ll save something just for you.

Hello to PQ., hope your day was good!

Hello Pauly, Det & Sam, hope you are all well.

I hope everyone has a nice night!
          Lav
          AF since 03/26/09
          NF since 05/19/09

Comment

MAE ALL...

Spent a bit of time yesterday getting the community garden sign up program online. Maybe the gardeners will quit calling me! Things are starting to fall into place at work, I'm feeling much calmer about things. Now that I've got a handle on event rentals I can move onto organizing the food trucks for our first open stage night in 2 years and compiling all the information for our Community Cleanup. That will bring me into Tennis Lesson season, the prog coord emailed the boss with another doctor's note saying she's off till May 31st. We've written her off. LOL

Mick...great pic of the rabbits and it looks like they love the new turf. Still have snow in the forecast starting again tonight. At least it's not much and doesn't stick around. I hope you and Julie have a great time celebrating her new life.

Lav...why would a chicken make crowing noises? Is there a reason for that? Sounds like your weather was the same as mine today. You could have sworn it was the middle of winter. Good plan on staying inside for the next few days. I love your Ukraine items, they look great. I wish I could help out but things are a bit tight these days.

TG...and I thought I was busy. I wouldn't be up to the painting so well done, I'm sure they appreciate it. And now you've turned around and headed to Reno. You are such a good friend. Don't wear yourself out and plan on taking some time just for you soon.

Shout out to everyone else. Have a good night all....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Morning all,
              turned back cold again and just saw the weather... looks like some storminess heading our way later this week... don't know if anyone saw the footage of the tornado in New Orleans. Pretty incredible. I can do without one of those.

I saw this cartoon, I hope it attaches, been awhile since I've done this. Be well friends
              275505545_1383512548832693_1945752835126757469_n.jpg
              Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

hiya all ...how are we doing today then? hope we are good .just waiting for the salesman to turn up ,about renewing the conservatory doors .the hinges have strained ,so looking at putting a sliding door in .well it was supposed to rain ,but yet again its lovely out there.

hiya teegee ....how are you then? sounds like you have been busy...hope your friend is doing ok .dont forget look after yourself too.

hiya ppqp ..hows you then?sounds like you are busy too.yes the rabbits love that patch of grass .glad you have got a handle on whats happening .well done you ,no snow this way yet thank good ness..take care have fun

hiya lav and how are you doing?hope all is well.Yes Julie cant wait to go..They are having a meal for her today ,though she doesnt know yet.yes will send some sunshine over ...got to go down to costco get some fuel.Yep ,will be heading home will be nice to see .take care .

hello everyone else .hope you are all well.

Comment

Mae all -

Mick, congrats to Julie - what a momentous thing in life - to say goodbye to decades of work. Now your fun really begins! I hope your weather continues to be lovely despite the forecast

Lav, I'm sure that you don't need a rooster around... here's hoping that was a fluke. And congrats again on the great idea of helping Ukraine. How about the boys, anyone dropping by to eat you out of house and home?

PPQ, congrats on handling all that you have going on at work! That list seems very long and quite time-sensitive... sending you best of luck (not that you need it!). That PC really has a lot of nerve, just emailing these excuses. But maybe it's easier to do the job yourself and know that is has been well planned.

Sam, very funny cartoon! I hope that those storms circulate waaaaay far away from you. Did you already host the wedding? Sorry if I missed that news - but anyway good luck going into Spring.

Pauly, did I read that you are at Great Clips now? How is that working out? I hope that the spring LV weather is good for you -- I am having allergies, seems like no matter where I go... take care -

Det - here's hoping that your life is calming down a bit. Take care -

Hello to all dropping by - may we be well -

Comment

Good evening friends,

Sunny & still cold here but no flurries today
                    My young chickens seem to be handling this cold snap just fine although their water can froze up overnight, it was 21 degrees, Brrr!
                    still stitching up Ukraine items & shipping out as I get orders. So far I have $95 to donate, awesome! I’ll keep stitching!

PQ, glad to hear you have gotten all your ducks in a row at work, haha! The program coordinator will have to go look for a new job somewhere, some day.
                    I heard the baby crowing again this morning so I think at least one of them will be a rooster, ugh. I don’t want or need any here so he’ll have to go down the road to a farm. The one time I did keep a rooster that sucker woke us up every morning at 4:15 - no thanks!

Sam, good cartoon!
                    Our weather forecast is for warmer weather Thursday & probably thunderstorms. I see there’s a line of tornadoes moving east, that’s scary.

Mick, good luck with the new door. Home ownership is a constant drain on the wallet, LOL
                    The FDA just today approved a second booster shot for those over 65 & for those over 50 with underlying disease. I guess we better roll our sleeves up again.

Cyn, hope you’re rested up a bit.
                    I’m happy to be stitching for Ukraine & happy to donate to the relief organizations. Only wish I could do more.
                    The kids haven’t been here to eat lately but they’ll be back, haha! It’s good to have a break once in a while haha!

Pauly & Det, hello to you both!

Have a nice night all. I have more stitching to do
                    Lav
                    AF since 03/26/09
                    NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Mae everybody, just a quick hello from me cuz i just have no time in the morning! Basically wake up shower and drive to work to be there before 8 am,much love sent and wishes for a great BF day for us all!;
                      I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                      Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Mae All...

Pauly...hope the job is going ok and that the tips continue to increase.

Lav...some of my ducks have fallen out of line. I should spend 1 day working from home to avoid phone calls, drop in venue viewing, drop in registration requests and not look at my email. I have never had so many in my inbox without clearing them out. Met my IT guy at the office around 7am so it's been a long day for me. Is the baby still crowing? Yikes.

TG...you do have a point about the PC. If she was in the office she'd just be another distraction wanting my attention. Hope you're taking care of yourself.

Mick...so did the salesman have good or bad news? You have got to be running out of things to fix/replace. So was it the big day for Julie today? I keep getting our time differences confused. Hope she had a fab lunch if it was.

Sam...storminess heading your way, I like that, may have to use it. LOL Snow expected again tonight, just enough that I have to deal with my car in the morning. Yes, saw the tornado footage, wow!

Got to get my act together and get dinner started. Have a good night all....:smile:PPQP

Comment

mae all -

Nothing much to report! I am doing my best to manage my dear friend, who is exasperated by slow doctors and no one able to give her good information. She's waiting to find out about a mitral valve procedure... and until that happens, she is bound to a walker and not able to walk very far because of the breathlessness. There must be some better way to manage healthcare... the ins and outs and effort it takes just to get appointments and decisions made seems ridiculous to me.

I am attempting to get some things done in the "off-hours", but not too successfully. I did take the chance (while my ward was with another person) to run to the grocery store and stock up on some nutritive, hydrating foods. I haven't cooked for anyone (or myself) in a long, long time, but I found a great cookbook here that is all "one pot" meals, and they look delicious... this afternoon I am making a chicken stew with dumplings... (I hope the dumplings turn out... but the soup is delicious, creamy and rich with vegies). So if I learn to make a few good recipes, that will be wonderful.

Still following the harrowing story in Ukraine. I will get on FB and send you an order, Lav. I am so impressed that you are doing this...

Take care all... sending lots of light -

Comment

Greetings friends,

Checking in a little later than usual because we decided to run to Costco after dinner & reload the freezer & fridge. Stopped in MD for CHEAP gas $3.75/gal. They dropped their gas tax to help people out which is cool.
                            Mick contacted me this morning to report that Julie apparently tested + for Covid on her very last day at work & was sent home. Not such a fabulous send off I guess.
                            Keeping Mick & Julie in our thoughts & prayers is what we need to do :hug:

Pauly, happy to see you & hope your day was good!!

PQ, a work from home day each week just might be the ticket, why not?
                            So tomorrow afternoon/evening is when we’re expecting storminess here - hope it’s not too bad.

Cyn, you are such a good friend to take over her care like that. I have to admit the geriatric crowd doesn’t get the attention the younger ones do in the medical community. So feel free to make a lot of noise on her behalf. Sounds like she should have some O2 at home. Is there a visiting nurse involved? There should `be so feel free to make some noise about that too. Go easy on salt for her too.
                            I have lots of items left for sale so don’t rush yourself.

Hello to Det, Sam & anyone else stopping by.
                            Have a nice bight all.

Lav
                            AF since 03/26/09
                            NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Hello all..just a quick note. Firstly thank you lav for passing on the information. Yes Julie went into work and because it is a prison they test every day. It came back as positive so obviously ahe couldn't get in .they brought all her stuff to the main gate which gutted her. She is doing okay, but I had to run around yesterday getting things sorted and cancelled, making sure the carers knew and relatives and to get her dad tested too I tested negative yesterday and this morning but still feel rubbish..what's that all about. Yes the guy came round and we agreed on the door.its sunny...and yet look at this lot. Hope you are all doing OK

16487132990858494515538770755478.jpg

Take care

Comment

Working...
                              X