3 April

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 3 April

Hiya all how are we then?hope all is well with you .Julie still positive ...my mouth still sore ,but apart from that doing ok .cancelled the break up to Cayton, one of the reviews said they had sold the adjacent field and houses were being built on it so its non stop noise ..not for me thanks .So instead we have booked Bridlington ,again on the coast,and about a 3 mile walk from Scarborough too ..plus I had the biggest and best fish and chips in Brid last time we were there.It is blowing a hooley again today and very wet .Im still sleeping on the sofa ,until madame goes neg ..it aint the comfiest but there we go .

hiya Pauly how are you ? nice to hear from you .sounds like you are pretty busy ..is it better than the last gaff you worked at?you take care.

hiya lav,hows you then? all good I hope .So grandson was ill on his birthday ? ppqp may see the good in him ...now me ..I think he was pulling a fast one .!Bought some aubretia this morning ..I've already got the deep purple one ..this is the violet one ..looks good .playing with the trains this morning .Yes ,cant wait to get away in the van ,really looking forward to it ..Yep Im on ibos for my teeth..last thing I want is dry socket .Tonight we watch the final parts of the Sons of Anarchy...we binged 82 episodes ...we have 3 episodes left ...I bought madam lemon drizzle cake so that I can watch them.!

hiya ppqp ..hows you then? hope all is well.yep not sleeping too great atm but thats life .sounds like you have got it sussed...good for you..dont forget ..keep that little finger free for wrapping the boss around!! have a good one .

hiya teegee sam and det hope all is well with you
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Mae all -

It's been tough here... one day up, the next down. But a slow degradation overall, she is still in the ICU, and now facing multiple organ failure. She has indicated that she wants the docs to continue these somewhat "extreme" measures, but they will not intervene if her heart stops. I am so sorry for her son - he has not gone through any loss like this in his life - his Dad is in poor health, but alive. His wife has had her mother and a sibling pass away; she will arrive on Saturday, so she will be a good support for him. I am just a family friend, and have had hardly any time previously with her son, but we are forging a friendship. It helps a little I think that I had to go through all of this with my dear departed husband's illness in the ICU...
      Please everyone, be sure to have an Advanced Directive prepared for yourself. Please tell your family where it is. Fortunately, we were able to locate my friend's so her son knows that he is doing what she has directed. But it is a crucial part of being responsible for your family...

OK, off my soapbox. Mick, so sorry about your teeth - ouch!! Here's hoping that Julie feels better soon and your daughter also! Lav, sending good wishes for planting your plants. PPQ, rest up when you can, you have taken so much on. Hello and good wishes to Pauly, Det, Sam and all others dropping by... may we be well -

Comment

Greetings friends,

We’ve had over an inch of rain today, more coming tonight with thunder & lightning. We will end up with over 3” for the week. The mud puddles are growing as I speak.
        My 13 yr old grandson has built & launched a website, self-taught - OMG. Kids are so smart these days. His goal was to provide a safe ‘chat space’ & game space so all his friends can stay in touch. He’s selling subscriptions for $1 each, haha!

PQ, sounds like the program coordinator spot has pretty much been eliminated at this point. Oh well, that’s what happens when you don’t go to work for months on end.
        I’m hoping next week will feel like a good time to get planting around here

Mick, I don’t blame you for changing your travel plans, no one wants to listen to construction noise.
        I hope you & Julie are healing quickly & feeling better real soon! I never had much interest in watching Sons of Anarchy but YB has watched it all along. We definitely have different ideas on what to wtach on TV haha. You couldn’t have bribed me with a lemon cake, sorry, LOL

Cyn, sorry to hear about your friend. Sometimes we just can’t change the trajectory of these things regardless of treatments. Finding her AD was a good thing, they’re important. Our kids know where to look for ours so there’s no confusion. They have also been told verbally about our wishes. I’d hate to leave them making/guessing ‘what we would want’ in that situation. Her son is lucky to have you there & yes you do have the experience to share with him. Take care of yourself too, please :hug:

Pauly, you sound busy & that’s not a bad thing. I hope your work environment is happier & healthier than the previous.
        So what are the boys up to these days? I’m sure they are getting big.

Hello to Sam & Det & anyone popping in later.
        Have a nice night all!

Lav
        AF since 03/26/09
        NF since 05/19/09
        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Hello everyone and how are we today then? Hope everyone is doing OK . It is an absolutely gorgeous day over here today, I have just nipped out to the shops. Julie did her lateral flow test this morning, and it has come back negative! She will do another one later on just to make sure Karma but hopefully I will get to sleep In my own bed tonight . Where my tooth was is still bothering me , But I am hoping it is just the bruising as opposed to any infection. I had dry socket before and it certainly wasn't funny. I have been messing about with my trains again still not sure what kind of scenery I am going to put round the middle. I've thought of everything from sand works to cement works to coal mines.This weather is supposed to last over the weekend so hopefully I am going to take my drone and the handheld stabiliser out to get some practicingTaking video footage. We are also out on Sunday on the famous curry mile in Manchester For a family meal, Looking forward to that

Hiya teegee how are you doing?absolute respect for you looking after your friend. The mate I go metal detecting with,his wife is in Christies with cancer. She has lost so much weight. There are going to try and treater for further within the next 24 to 48 hours, However if that does not work then chiral beyond what the call the palative care pathway. I take it your AD is the same as our DNR ..do not resuscitate. Julie seems a lot Better today. It is a massive weight of her shoulders having The new carers. There are absolutely superb with him actually doing puzzles jigsaws and when they do a report it is a proper report, Not just he
          r he looked well today sort of thing. In the midst of all this don't forget to take care of yourself as well.

Hiya lav, how are you today then,hope all is well. So you weren't a great fan of the sons of Anarchy were you? There is a follow on series called the Mayans,but we are having a break first. We have a load of stuff Like peaky blinders and Jack reacher to watch 1st plus we will be away. Good for your grandson .the entrepreneur. When Iwas a kid I had loads of books and comics .People used to chuck them out, I had a lending library going..didn't make me a million but never mind.and BTW lemon cake and jammy wagon wheels work every time!take care and have a good weekend

Hiya ppqp, how are you doing?hope all is well in Canada on Sea. Have a good weekend too

Hiya Sam,pauly,det pie and everyone else.
          af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Greetings friends,

We had sunshine today, what a concept after a week of rain
            I planted some flower seeds since he ground was so easy to work with but it killed my aching knees, ugh. Hope I get my gardening knees back soon…

Mick, that’s great news about Julie! Now you guys can return to life & your plans to travel.
            I think I spend most of what would be my TV watching time in my workroom sewing & embroidering. I keep signing myself up for these craft fairs so I have to get the work done. I always have music playing while I’m in there & that makes me happy. I think my grandkids will all end up doing some sort of entrepreneur thing - free spirits they are, haha!

PQ, hope you have a good weekend lined up for yourself!

Cyn, thinking of you & your friend.

Hello to Pauly & sam.

Det, saw your FB post today, awesome! Do you realize when you were in PA you were only a short ride away from me? How crazy is that? I hope you enjoyed the trip over this way

Have a nice night all!
            Lav
            AF since 03/26/09
            NF since 05/19/09

Comment

MAE ALL...

Just checking in to stay accountable. Crazy couple of days at work, so glad it's Friday. I have to pop over to the community centre tomorrow just to check on a few things. After that the weekends mine.

Sorry for not chatting to each of you but I'm pooped. Will catch you up tomorrow.....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Hello everyone and how are we today then? Hope we are all doing good. The Sun is out again today, But that means absolutely nothing. Yesterday it was really Sunny in the morning, And in the afternoon there Was a hail storm. Slept in my own bed last night luxury absolute dream in comparison to the sofa. Frosty this morning, A heavy frost. My mouth is still pretty sore, Ovo it does not look as if it is infected I'm still taking Ibos on a regular basis. Amy phoned this morning to let us know she is also negative, That's good because tomorrow we are all going out for Julie's retirement meal. One of the big curry houses On the curry mile in Manchester. Been there before and the food fantastic .fingers crossed I can eat ok.planted out some more aubretia earlier. Its quite Hardy against the frost. Pretty quiet day here today. Going to do some more work on the trains. Hope everyone has a good day...ppqp don't work too hard.

Comment

Greetings friends,

The rain returned today but it wasn’t a complete washout. Rain total for the week now is 3.4”, crazy!
                  Just back from a short walk, didn’t see a single soul on the way. Even the horses were gone for the weekend, haha.

PQ, hope your weekend is now all yours! Relax, enjoy!

Mick, glad to hear Amy is testing negative now too. I hope you can find something good to eat at the dinner. Do you have any facial swelling? That’s always a sign of an infection in the mouth. I’ve had it & it’s really uncomfortable. Keep taking the ibuprofen until you’re feeling better, it helps. YB is on a mission to make beef jerky now & has picked up everything he needs. I don’t eat stuff like that so I hope he enjoys it & cleans up the kitchen afterwards, Lol

Hello Cyn, thinking of you.
                  Pauly, Det & Sam,, hello to you.

Have a nice night all. I have ti go send some pics to an embroidery customer while I have her attention

Lav
                  AF since 03/26/09
                  NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Working...
                  X