Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: May 8th

MAE ALL…

Had another productive day, (2 in a row, YooHoo) Did have to pop back to the centre after work to let a renter in and make sure all was the way it was supposed to be. Boss approved overtime which I keep adding to my Thursday afternoons off to play bridge without using vacation time. LOL

Mick…we were spared the rain today, but it sure looked threatening at times. Sorry your cold is in your chest, whining accepted. You’re right, her coming back is the last thing I need. Had my monthly one-on-one meeting with the boss today and specifically asked what it means to me if she comes back. He said nothing changes. If anything she would assist me but her whole job description would change. I told him I am secure in knowing what my job and responsibilities are and he was pleased to hear it. That was one of his board directed goals. Hope your weather improves, I’m sure you’re itching to get out there.

Lav…that’s all I hear on the news right now, the shortage of baby formula. Depending on our own situation we all have our struggles. Covid and the Ukraine crisis is effecting everyone. Yes, I am back to being in charge, where I should be. I won’t have to put her in her place, the boss will see to that. He won’t put up with the bullsh*t that transpired. He feels he has a great team with every member bringing their own knowledge and expertise to the table. So far he’s not sure what hers is. LOL

Thinking of the rest of the group. Have a good night all....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Mae all - short reply tonight, as the day has once again been above 90 F... I am keeping the apartment at 80 F, just to make sure all will be okay when I leave for a few weeks... no sense paying for a lot of as/C when I’m not here. Anyway, dragging my tail a bit. Spent the day on the phone getting auto insurance set up, changing some other things, gettin my new address settled with all important organizations, etc. bureaucracy!!
      Did the “brain test” via the library book... I definitely have some improving to do, but all the things set out in the book look great. Starters - eat more fish and exercise harder (and spend time with friends...) So we’ll see. In the meantime, the puzzles are my friends.

Wishing all well - forgive me for not addressing all - will catch up tomorrow... cheers!

Comment

Hello everyone and how are we today then? Hope all is well. For some strange reason I cannot get on the internet on my laptop it says there is no connection and yet here I am doing it on my phone! Glad to report it is not raining today, I have been out in the garden this morning weeding and planting up some flowers the red cabbage cauliflower and normal cabbage that I planted before I went away are going absolutely mad in the greenhouse growing very well. Got to go out in a little while to get some bits and pieces for the Railway. I need some wiring for the lights and signals.

Hiya ppqp how are you then today?hope all is well with you. I'm not convinced that things wouldn't change if she came back,especially if you were managing her..hopefully I am wrong. Still got all this junk on my chest spluttering..not going into detail!have a great day

Hiya teegee how are you today?all good I hope. Did you get the auto insurance sorted out ok?hopefully so.its a pain especially when you have to shop around for quotes as opposed to a straight renewal. How are the puzzles doing?

Hiya lav how are you then?been in the garden weeding and planting up. Thanks for the dry weather!I remember doing similar to you in the past..someone wanted something sending in pdf format. In the end I sent pics too! Have a good day

Hello everyone else hope you are all doing OK
        af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Good evening friends,

Clouds & sun battling each other for a spot in the sky today but no rain.
          Today was snake arrival day - a bit delayed this year haha!!! Walked into the chicken house this afternoon to collect eggs & the first thing I saw was a 5 ft long snake crawling up the wall, ugh. Fortunately YB was here soI texted him a pic & he removed the snake with his special snake grabber stick & relocated it away from our yard, there will be several more before they stop, always is.

PQ, I feel bad for the young moms out there scrambling to find formula for their babies. You just can’t switch brands on the younger, fussy ones. I mailed that package off today so I feel like I helped at least a little. Glad to hear your boss won’t continue on with the previous office BS. It would be effective to have her new job responsibilities printed out & handed to her if & when she returns!!!
          Enjoy the peace while you can

Cyn, I’ve been hearing & reading a lot about the long term effects of Covid & I wonder if maybe you are dealing with some of that. Don’t be too hard on yourself but I do know you just want to feel like yourself again. I feel like we’re all living in a giant experiment these days. Do your puzzles but be sure you get enough rest :hug:

Mick, I hope the chest cold clears up soon. that reminds me of the one I had over Christmas that seemed to take forever to clear.
          I never had any need to learn office type stuff like creating. Pdf, spread sheets, etc. I really don’t even want to learn now, haha!

Hello to the rest of the crew & wishing everyone a nice night!

Lav
          AF since 03/26/09
          NF since 05/19/09
          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Mae all...

TG....90 is too hot for me, no wonder you're dragging and it is a drag having to update all your information everywhere. I'm glad you've found some new friends. LOL Like Lav says, don't be too hard on yourself. I personally blame everything on Covid.

Mick...did you accidentally click off the internet access key? On my laptop it's F2. Nice to have a break in the weather I'm sure made the most of it. I won't actually be managing her, that was more of a flippant remark from the boss. If she comes back she will answer to him. She just won't be able to get me to do the work that she should be doing. At least if I say no she won't have the ex boss to go whining to. Hope your chest cold doesn't linger too long.

Lav...was lucky to have sun almost all of the day, no rain. I forgot all about the snakes! Like you say it's probably the first of many unfortunately. No going out there in the dark. I'm sure you helped a lot with that parcel. Yes, I'd also like to have her job responsibilities printed out on a card and hand it to her every time she asks me to do something she should be doing. I really hope she doesn't come back but at least she doesn't have the boss in her back pocket.

Managed to play bridge this afternoon but kept getting interrupted because as it turned out I was the only one in upstairs office for most of the day. Oh well, at least I don't have to deal with food trucks and open stage tomorrow! I have been lecturing myself not to log into work tomorrow, tomorrow is me time.

Shout out to the rest of us. Have a good night all....:smile:PPQP
            Attached Files

Comment

hiya all how are we today? all good I hope .poets day today..Ive been up most of the night with Jeeves ..yep he pigged himself ,but on top of that just stopped eating went listless ..medded him and again at 11 last night and 3 this morning and massaged his belly as well as syringing water into him ...Ive managed to get him eating again and her has perked up ,part of the problem is he is moulting bad ,so it could be a hairball.he doesn't like getting picked up and groomed ...he better get used to it ..On top of that the conservatory new door gets fitted today ..its a sliding one as opposed to a hinge opener ..the wind has sprung the hinges on that ..The fitters are doing it now .Im kind of tired ..we shall see how Jeeves goes on today.

hiya pppq..hows you then? no it wasn't the f2 ,it just wouldn't have the internet for some mad reason ....glad if her worshipfullness comes back she answers to him ....Ive seen that happen before and all sorts of pseudo allegations start...this rubbish on my chest is loosening up,fingers crossed it goes soon.well done on the bridge game ...now as for today .Meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee time!!!!!!

hiya lav ....wow for fox snakes.....hee hee you get some visitors ..we get teeny weeny mice voles etc ..not 5ft pythons ..like you Ive no need to learn new stuff ...I can spell pdf ...thats good enough for me!you have a good weekend ..

hiya teegee hows you then today? hope all is well.you take it easy ....

hiya pauly and everyone else hope you are good ...
              af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Good evening friends,

Today has been a toss up - clouds one minute, sun the next followed by light rain showers haha!
                Schools were closed today for some unknown reason so I didn’t have to drive anyone home. The end of the school year seem really weird anymore, they have nothing left to do??
                I was in Catholic school for the first 8 years & those nuns always had us busy doing something.

Mick, glad Jeeves got thru his rough night, you too. I hope the new door is working well for you.
                No snake sightings YET today, haha! I know for sure. They will be back & my dog has gotten pretty good at sniffing them out when they’re on the move. I really do not like snakes, I know they’re harmless but I still don’t like them. Haven’t seen a mouse anywhere lately so I guess the snakes are eating OK, haha!

PQ, I sure hope your weekend is all yours, don’t answer any calls or texts, Lol
                My friend’s injured son is making some good progress but he has a long way to go. At some point they are going to have to install metal plates to close up his skull as much as possible. The right side of his head was literally blown off, he’s wearing a protective helmet for now. What a freaking nightmare.

Cyn, hope you are OK & that hot air is moving out. We got up to 80 degrees today with increased humidity so the AC turned itself on. I can’t open windows due to the excessive pollen around here.

Hello to Pauly, Det & Sam. Hope everyone is oK.

Have a nice night all!
                Lav
                AF since 03/26/09
                NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Hello everyone..from sun encrusted Lancashire!!yes it's a scorcher today .I was in the garden at 6 this morning..fantastic..got a lot of work done, and did some hanging baskets .a couple for Julie's dad's .did some more work on the railway..put some lights in the engine sheds..now they can work nights!!!

Hiya lav how are you then?need some sunshine?Jeeves seems to be doing okay..Bonnie hasn't worked out the new conservatory door yet. Considering she is an Olympic jumper can't see it bothering her for too long!!hope you have a good weekend
                  Hiya ppqp how are you.?as lav says ..are you having the weekend to yourself?do something to the value of you

Hiya teegee..how are you doing,?hope the world is behaving for you. Have a great weekend.

Hiya pauly Sam det and everyone else. Hope all is going swimmingly in li life's pond for you.

Comment

Good evening friends,

Still cloudy & showery here, oh well. I can almost hear the grass & weeds growing out there haha!!
                    Really didn’t accomplish much today, that’s OK. Tomorrow is another day!

Mick, sounds like you were quite productive today
                    I was still in a coma at 6 am today, haha. I think I just get lethargic when we have several cloudy damp days like this.
                    Glad the bunnies are OK.

Hello to pQ & Cyn. Hope yuor days are going well.

Hello to Pauly, Det & Sam.

Have a decent night all!
                    Lav
                    AF since 03/26/09
                    NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Working...
                    X