Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: May 15

Greetings friends,

Not quite as busy today but still got stuff done. I have to get started on some embroidered items for a regular customer & will get to that tomorrow.
    Now they say Saturday’s temp is going up to 96 degrees - WAY too HOT!!!

PQ, your co-workers sound like they are operating on a different planet or something, what the heck is wrong with them? You have a good rapport with the boss so make sure he’s fully aware of the whackos doings, Lol. Good luck in the playoffs, sounds exciting

Mick, it truly is a huge project going on at Longwood! We haven’t been there much since Covid but we are members so we get regular email updates oin what they’re doing. I hope we’re still alive 7 well enough to see the project finished. There is definitely something for everybody there. We’re only about 22 miles from there, easy trip really. I hope youhave your van roof secured now, could be important haha!! Tell Jeeves I’d like some of his special medication too please, Lol

Hello to Cyn, hope you are well!

Pauly, Det & Sam, hello to all!

Have a nice night all.
    Lav
    AF since 03/26/09
    NF since 05/19/09
    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

MAE ALL...

Nice quiet day at work, it was almost spooky. LOL Got all my vacation days booked, now I just have to remember what they are! Bridge this afternoon was great as we sat and watched the rain come down outside. Freezing tonight so there might be some snow out there in the morning.

Mick...we don't mention the "h" word around here. We've had some devastating storms in the past. So that will be 3 of us who want Jeeves medication. Good catch on the sealing tape and I wonder how much you did and called it etc. LOL I may have a fat head but there is definitely no room for another hat. Looking forward to another quiet day tomorrow and then it's the long weekend.

Lav...96!, you'll get a lot of your regular customers order done on Saturday. It's a fine balance between informing the boss and squealing on co-workers. Don't want to be that person. I will however stand up for myself if any of the BS starts affecting my job. Was the flower pic taken at Longwood or is a new addition to your garden?

Shout out to the rest of the gang. Have a good night all....:smile:PPQP

Comment

hiya all ,how are we today then? hope all is well.Managed to reseal the roof of the van yesterday,and it has just started to rain ...ho[hopefully it has cured .both rabbits are ok .Its so strange now that Julie is retired .Sitting having a brew and egg on toast at 11 am .She is absolutely loving it .We have booked the van into get ceramic coated in June ,straight after we go to Brid ,a drive down to Nottingham,where we stay on another site for 1 night .

hiya lav ,hows you then today? stop sending that rain over this way thank you very muckle .Yes that Longwood looks some place .22 miles thats pretty good .Our weekend is supposed to be shabby,but clear up during the week .you take care .

hiya ppqp how are you? yep the meds he got are pretty good ..they have certainly given him some oomph.Did you get the snow?well done on getting your holidays booked ..they are important ..

right folks ...those here and everyone else who jumps in ...hope you have a good weekend
        af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Mae everybody, a quick hello from me,I'm just so stressed for tike in the morning to post! Will make a better effort here this coming up week,much love to all and wishes for a great BF day for us all!
          I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
          Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Greetings friends,

A thunderstorm moved thru pretty quickly before dinner. It seems to have brought extra heat & humidity with it, ugh. Tomorrow is going to be one of those days I go crazy trying to keep my chickens cool enough. It’s just too much, too soon. We went to the Amish greenhouse & came back with 2 watermelon plants so we can grow cheap melons for the chickens, haha.

PQ, can’t believe you’re getting freezing temps while we sweat. All the orchid pics were from Longwood Gardens, I love them
            I used to try to stay in touch with all the people I was managing at the hospital so I didn’t look like the rat. They knew I had to report findings to the big boss so I told them that it was really up to them how the report would go down. I think that worked pretty well for all of us. Sticking up for yourself is mandatory!!!

Mick, I wish I had better control of this weather, haha. Sorry you seem to get the leftovers.
            Stay tuned for the new look at Longwood, it’s going to be awesome.

Pauly, you sound busy but that’s a good thing most of the time. Hope you are well.

Hello to Cyn, Det & Sam.

Have a nice night all!
            Lav
            AF since 03/26/09
            NF since 05/19/09
            Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

MAE ALL...:yay: IT'S THE LONG WEEKEND :yay:

No events at the community centre this weekend if the weekend cleaning staff calls, I'm not answering. The boss sent them an email saying they are to call him and that I am only backup when needed.

Mick...glad the fur babies are doing good. Hope the seal holds with the rain. I'm glad Julie is enjoying retirement life, sometimes it takes getting used to but it sounds like she's got it. Had a quick look at Bridlington (I assume that's what Brid stands for) it looks gorgeous! Hope you have good weather for the trip. Just got rain today but just west of us they got 2 inches. This is the first time I've committed to days off, just have to remember which ones they are now. LOL

Pauly....you got to find the time to post that works for you. I used to post in the mornings but found after work is better for me. Sometimes I'm exhausted when I get home and don't post at all. LOL Looking for to hearing about some food tips again.

Lav...I remember those thunderstorms that just heated things up. Haven't had one forever and that's ok. You're right it's way too early to be on chicken cool down duty. I'm sure they'll enjoy the home grown watermelon. It's one thing to be responsible to report to the boss, which I'm not, but if someone is doing something that interferes with my job responsibilities he'll know about it. Otherwise I'll just stay in my lane. LOL At least now I have a job description and know what's expected of me.

Hoping everyone else is doing good and that we all have a good night....:smile:PPQP

Comment

hiya all..how are we then.?nice and sunny over here today ..was supposed to be storms but so far they haven't materialized ..that'll do for me .did some work in the conservatory ,and then jetwashed the roof .....(from the outside!!)stripped and cleaned the cooker ,watered the garden ,cleaned car out and now its rest time.dont think Im going metal detecting ..phoned 2 farmers yesterday ..they are all cropped up until August .

hiya pauly ..how are you doing? stressed? take it eazee girl ..hope you have a good weekend .

long weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeekeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeend ....is that long enuff?hows you ppqp? yes the seal has held no problem..and Brid is ass you say bridlington..some lovely walks ,Beadnell point ,Flamborough Head ,and you can get the bus into Scarborough .we were going to take the car as well but decided against it .Julie is enjohying retirement ..I dont think she can believe it ..sounds like a plan ..the boss being the on call..You have a good weekend .

hiya Lav ..you good?yes they are certainly pumping some loot and work into the gardens ..didn't realise how big a place it is .you any plans for the weekend in the land of blacksnakes?..hope whatever you do you have a good one .

hiya teegee hope all is well with you ..

big shout to everyone else ..

All the seasons are named after coils of metal.

Except summer and winter.

And autumn.

I've just heard the window cleaner shouting and swearing outside my house.

I think he's lost his rag.

The wife said I do the worst impression of an apathetic goat.

Meh.

I think shredded cheese should be banned in England.

Make Britain grate again.

Stanley Johnson, father of Prime Minister Boris, has spoken of his 'delight' at being awarded French citizenship.

He told reporters, 'Finally I'll be able to go live somewhere my muppet of a son hasn't yet turned into a wasteland.'

The bottle of vodka said, "Drink responsibly."

So I drank it while completing my tax return.
                af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Working...
                X