Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: May 22

Greetings friends,

Still feeling grief over yesterday’s massacre in TX. Total count today, 19 children, 2 teachers & the shooter himself. This is just not OK, it breaks my heart every time something like this happens.
    We NEED massive change in this country & we NEED it now!
    Despite being retired I find myself busy with plenty of things to do every day. Started with a 10 am appt with my new NP. She was great. She said she doesn’t mind taking care of a cranky old retired nurse, Lol
    My BP has been in the happy range for some time now so I’m happy. From there it was a run to Walmart for some stuff then a stop at Walgreens to pick up my renewed meds. Then it was time to get the grandson home from school & finally meet up with my embroidery customer to deliver her things. She ordered more so I will continue my busyness

PQ, hope the meeting with the boss went well for you. Sorry to hear the Champix was bothering you. I did real well on the nicotine replacement lozenges, just saying. I hope you can work out something that agrees with you& congrats on cutting down. Baby steps

Mick, we need to replace every stinking Republican in the senate, they’re all owned by the NRA & will always do their bidding. Next, we need to ramp up our ability to identify these nut jobs & do something BEFORE they act out their plans. It’s been reported the shooter was all over the internet boasting about his plan & no one thought to call 911
    I think you like retirement as much as I do. Staying busy is key.

Cyn, glad to see you. We’ve had clouds for a few days but it’s mild & dry. Rain will be here for the weekend I believe.
    Transferring an older person from bed to chair is not difficult provided they are able to put their full weight on their feet. Otherwise you are basically doing a lot of lifting & that can open you up for injury depending on their size. Hopefully you won’t have to do a lot of that.
    I’m glad you are leaning on your happy memories of your husband :hug:

Pauly, we both have grandkids in school & it’s a constant worry about their safety. I don’t know what else we can do but vote out these Republican gun nuts & get some decent gun legislation passed.

Hello to Det & Sam.

Have a nice night all!
    Lav
    AF since 03/26/09
    NF since 05/19/09
    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

MAE ALL...

The boss is ready to pull his hair out! Apparently the prog coord has been approved for long term disability and now he has to wait until October to find out what happens next. He told the board he would be the next person to take disability as this is driving him crazy. He has emailed the lawyer to find out his options. He has no intentions of having a program coordinator position and if she came back he doesn't know what he'd do with her. His plan is to hire two part time people to cover off evenings and weekends. Take some of the pressure off me and himself and use part of her salary to give me a raise. YAY

Don't know if you remember that awhile ago I asked the boss if I could purchase a laptop using an employee purchase agreement of $100/pay cheque totaling $850, which he agreed to. Today he told me in appreciation of stepping up and doing the programs they have decided to pay off my laptop. The current payments will stop and I will be reimbursed the money I've paid so far. I was flabbergasted! It sure felt good to be recognized for my commitment.

Pauly...I'm sure we all shed a tear for the kids. I am so grateful for our gun regulations in Canada. Hope you had a good day.

Mick...when I was visiting my sister in London I thought it was really strange that the bobbies only had batons to stave off the bad guys. I am always nervous driving through the states especially the ones that have open carry laws. It just looks so strange to see people walking around with guns strapped to themselves. Nope, still haven't done the work I was planning on and quite frankly if it doesn't get done tomorrow morning it can wait till next week. I am in bridge and vaca mode and that's not going to change. LOL

TG...you and your driving through blinding rain! I going to have to send you a weather app! Glad you made it safely. I can't believe it's been 2 years! I really like your attitude, you've got this.

Lav...we had almost summer weather today but like you we're expecting rain on the weekend. I have transitioned to Nicorette gum and spray. I can use the gum for long term nicotine replacement and the spray is supposed to help with the habit part of withdraw. I will ask about the lozenges. I will go over all this again and make a new plan.

Waves to Sam & Det. Have a good night all....:smile:PPQP

Comment

hiya everyone how are we today then? It is blowing a hooley over here today..really really windy.I ve stayed out of the road and Julie finished the kitchen off....without me being there .I decided to go out on a bimble to come back ...job done with no interference from me !thunderstorms forecast and then bright sunny weather after .

hiya ppqp how are you then?thats brilliant about them paying off the laptop.as for the disability for the co-ord ..yep I guess it is good to see the back of her,but you have got to wonder about the justice in her getting a payout.

Bobbies over here now have come on a little bit since the days of truncheons only ..most bobbies now have extendable batons,and then they have those with tasers ,and then armed bobbies top of the pile .In the prison service ,only now are they trialling tasers ...there is no lethal force ..in my day on the landings we had wooden truncheons ,but hey .you enjoy your vacation and bridge mode ...you deserve it.

hiya Lav, glad your blood pressure is ok ..good for you .I watched a load of stuff on the news about Trump addressing the NRA...that just about sums it up. why is everyone so hooked on the constitutional rights to bear arms ?on the other hand everyone has the right to a private life in safety and security ,...so when you get a just turned 18 year old able to go out and buy semi automatic assault rifles and then ruins /destroys 21 peoples right to life ,then I would say the constitutional blanket right to bear arms must be re visited.
        On another note ..yep I def enjoy retirement ...I work because I want to work and when ..Im at the dentist tomorrow ...check up thats all.

hiya teegee ..Im glad you managed to focus on the good times with your husband ..he is still with you in spirit and your heart ..take care and stay safe.look after yourself .

big shout to everyone else .
        af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Greetings friends,

Still gloomy here but no rain has arrived yet. Looks to be the typical damp Memorial Day weekend here. I may try to do a cookout on Monday - we’ll see.
          YB’s truck is in the body shop to get the tailgate damage repaired after the Amish guy ran into him with a corn planter, haha! Now I have to share my car I guess.

PQ, congrats on the laptop payoff, that’s great!! Obviously the boss values you & your work ethic
          Here’s hoping the program coordinator is gone for good, things seem to be running much better without her presence.
          Glad your Quit Smoking plan is evolving, good for you

Cyn, thinking of you & hoping all is well.

Hello to Pualy, Det & Sam.

Have a nice night all!
          Lav
          AF since 03/26/09
          NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Hello to all -
            Mick, you must enjoy a windy walk to head out when it’s blowing a Hooley! Glad that the sun came out... is Jeeves still doing okay? Hope so...

Lav, how wonderful that you have more orders from the same person - no surprise! Anytime someone sees your work, they will always want more...

Pauly, sending love - give those babies hugs from all of us.

PPQ, congrats!!! A boss that sees your worth... nothing better than that... (and can’t the PC just be fired? Sheesh!!! Good luck with that...

I am trying to get through some jobs here at my apartment before I go to be a part of grand-nieces graduation, and then house/dog sitting for a few days.

Greetings to you Sam, and anyone else dropping by... take care ... Wishing all well —-

Comment

MAE ALL...

The upside of the prog coord is she won't be in the office. The downside is the bosses hands are tied as far as eliminating her position until October. Yet again we are in a holding pattern. The accountant wants the boss to fire her and the lawyer says he'd just be opening himself up to a lawsuit. She sure knew how to play the game. Currently I'm figuring out a way to get her off the group lottery agreement and again the lawyer says watch your back. All I can say is (*+(*_^&%*&%.

Was looking forward to playing bridge and starting my long weekend until just before noon a contractor came in to say they're going to tear up our driveway and there'll be no access to the parking lot for 3 months! WTF we have regular programs, event bookings and childcare drop off and pick up. Supposed to start tomorrow! Absolutely no notice. Boss has got our City Liaison, Member of Parliament and Member of the Legislative Assembly working to figure out a solution. We may end up having to cancel everything we've just put in place. Frig!!

Mick...good job on staying out of the way and poof, job done. The prog coord is not getting a payout, her disability amount is minimal. The frustrating thing is she ties our hands as far as moving forward. I'm still chuffed about the recognition and having my laptop paid off. I'm sure things have changed a lot since I was last there. I just wish everyone would get their sh*t together and realize what's important.

Lav...you make sure you spell out the rules before sharing your vehicle. LOL Things are running so much better without the prog coord around. That's got to count for something. I am feeling pretty damn good about the recognition from my boss. It's been a long time coming.

TG...believe me we all wish the PC could just be fired! It's like the guilty has more rights than the victim. With the unexpected road/parking lot closure we have a new fire to put out, but I am determined to get her off the group lottery. Enjoy your grand-niece's graduation, those events have lasting memories for everyone.

Going to ignore everything going on and watch the do or die hockey game for my team. Hope they'll be able to extend the 2nd round playoffs to the full 7 games. It's been such a boost to our city economically and morally wise for everyone. Feels like the good old times.

Have a good night all....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Hello everyone and how are we today then? hope everyone is doing well. Just got back from the dentist, no issues at all all it was just a check up and then a hygienist visit TN. Weather over here today day is dry, but very very windy. I'm looking out of the back window and there are about 30 brent geese walking up the field there sat nav must be shot because the the lake is about 100 yards to the left of where they are! Both rabbits are doing absolutely brilliantly, I didn't say that that because when I do it usually goes pear-shaped but they are doing well. The kitchen has been painted and looks good, we set ourselves task lists and jobs to do within a specific period of time I'm almost up to date apart from the guttering to finish off and it is too windy to go up there today day. Over here everyone is getting ready for the Queen's platinum celebrations, there are a list in an hour radius of about 100 streets that will be closed due to street parties. we go away on the 4th, so we will miss them round here but obviously not where we are going to. Just going out to plant up my tomato plants in a minute, I have 8 different varieties to try this year, one of them being named cream sausage! It is yellow and colour sweets and sausage shaped funnily enough. Apart from that a quiet day full stop looking at the news this morning, I'm so glad we decided to bin going abroad for a while, the cues that Manchester Airport are having are unbelievable due to shortage of staff. People are queueing for about 5 hours at a time. Not for me thank you very much. This post is very much like me short and sweet, just making sure everyone is ok take care look after yourselves have a great weekend
                af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Good evening friends,

Had a thunderstorm this afternoon & waiting for another this evening. I guess we’re just that lucky, haha!
                  Still hoping to be able to have grandsons & their parents over for a cookout Monday. It will be a last minute as usual thing I guess.

Cyn, I hope yo don’t have to do any driving this weekend. Everyone seems to want to drive or fly somewhere for the long weekend. Like Mick said, the airports are packed right now.
                  When you do go I hope you enjoy the gradauation & dog sitting

PQ, I hope things settle down soon at work. You were just getting comfy in your job then everything wants to blow up - rats
                  YB got his truck bacxk so he’s happy. I am going to have the same place fix the dents & broiken mirror on my car from when I was side swiped back in the Fall. I only have to pay my $500 deductible & the insurance company is picking up the rest including a rental car for me so I’m happy with that. I don’t mind YB driving my car so much but I don’t want the seats & rugs ruined by the bare footed farmers he drive around, that’s why he has a truck haha!!

Mick, sounds like yo have everything under control, nice!
                  I imagine there will be some big parties for the Queen’s jubilee. I alsio imagine there will be some drinking involved, haha!
                  Good luck with your tomatoes this year, sounds like you will have quite a harvest

Hello to all & wishing everyone a nice night!
                  Lav
                  AF since 03/26/09
                  NF since 05/19/09

Comment

MAE ALL...

Enjoying my day off, sunny and warm, for now. Went out to get some groceries and got a call from the boss. Apparently there was a garden member here and was expecting to see me. I was just driving past the community centre when he called so stopped in. The gardener is mobility/mentally challenged and he was here to start his plot. He has been with us for 3 years and the when Covid hit he was not allowed to participate. Now he's back and judging the smile on his face is ecstatic! Both his brother and caregiver have told me that it's all he can talk about. LOL Boss came through and a solution was had about blocking off the parking lot. Downside is everything is still a go and I'll be busier than ever. LOL

Mick...brent geese nav system shot. :egad: As for the peskies, I didn't hear anything but am so happy. Task lists with deadlines, what a great idea. And I was wondering what to do when I retired. Yup, you won't be able to avoid the Queen's platinum celebrations wherever you go. How long will they go on? You'll have to post a pic of the cream sausage tomato plant. It will probably take awhile for queues to settle down again, won't effect me, I'm not going anywhere.

Waves to everyone else. Have a good weekend all...:smile:PPQP

Comment

(Well, this is the second day that I got pushed off the thread just as I was posting... So glad I copied ahead of time!)

Friday night:
                      “ Mae all-

PPQ, sounds like you have your hands full at work! I’m surprised that you would have to deal with the major stuff having to do with the driveway as a surprise - no fair! I guess the thing with the other worker will eventually be sorted... hopefully you can ignore it all and find some peace - good luck!

Lav, really? Barefooted? Sheesh, that does not sound very tidy or civilized, goodness. Glad that you will have a chance to get your car all fixed up, that’s great. How are all the plants... any blooms yet? Do you still have a green house? How are the chickens doing (w/o the rooster, I assume...)
                      I hoe you have some tome with your kids over the holiday, that sounds great.

Mick, you and Julie win the prize for getting the most accomplished!! I love the image of that special tomato plant. I’m so glad you’ll be out of a congested area for the Jubilee - wishing you some quiet wherever you go... 😉. Glad the rabbits are behaving (so far...) wishing you safe travels...

Lav, no worries about me traveling - I will leave quite early tomorrow morning to drive the 1-hour to my niece’s house. I’m hoping to get there in time to help her set up for the after-graduation party. Then I’ll be able to go with her to the big sports arena where the graduation will be held... I’ll escape having to find a parking spot (and remembering where I parked &#128521

The family leaves at crack of dawn on Sunday, and it will be just me and the dog... I’m looking forward to being around some “fur”!

Wishing all well as we head into this holiday weekend... be safe -”

Comment

Hello everyone and how are we today then question mark hope everyone is doing well L4 stop it is pretty cloudy over here today but very very hot methinks the thunderstorm is on its way. I've just just come back from Huddersfield, I used to go shopping a lot in the past collar however I went there today and a lot of the shops have closed down full stop it seems to be the same in lot of these places all the shopping is being done online now. Plus obviously the High Street rentals crucify the shopkeepers. A lot of the big names are going and have gone. I am doing this on my phone at the moment, just in case you didn't guess exclamation mark both rabbits doing well come on fingers crossed. We are away next Saturday, however Julie is trying to see if we can get booked in a day earlier and leave on the Friday. The Jubilee celebrations start over here on the Thursday come on what they have done is rolled all the bank holidays in 21 so basically the whole lot starts on the Thursday and finishes on the Tuesday. I suspect there will be quite a few sore heads will that one!. We are not taking the car with us when we go away, everything is within walking distance well when I say walking distance about 6 miles is probably for this one way that we have to walk to go anywhere. I know on the Sunday there is a street market in Bridlington so the place will be absolutely horrendous to try and drive in hence why we are taking the car full stop from Bridlington within drive down to Nottingham, and the unit the van is going into to is virtually in the town centre full stop so there is no reason to take a car when we go down to Cornwall we will obviously because it is a lot more rural and there are quite a lot of places we want to see full stop hope everyone is doing well. My apologies for not addressing people on an individual basis but you know me with this phone! So take care and have a great weekend

Comment

Good evening friends,

We’ve had two quick moving storms so far today with the sun coming back after each so not too bad. Mother Nature is in charge of watering so I’m happy.
                          Son & his family coming over tomorrow instead of Monday so it will be a busy day grilling & hanging out. Hope the weather cooperates

PQ, so you take one day off & you’re missed!! The community gardeners hopefully are appreciative of your efforts.
                          Hope the rest of your weekend is relaxed & undisturbed for a change!

Cyn, glad you don’t have to do a lot of driving on this holiday weekend! Your plan sounds good
                          Yes, the Amish farmers hop into the truck, barefooted after working out in their fields. They save their shoes mostly for dress up occasions haha. If they ask to be taken to a store or Walmart or somewhere they know to wear their shoes. Just heard yesterday’s storm brought a small F 1 tornado to a town in southern Lancaster County, not far from here. Oh boy, it’s liable to be a busy summer storm season again.
                          My young hens are much happier & calmer since the rooster departed, don’t blame them. Just waiting for YB to transfer the oldest girls to the nearest Amish friend then I can move the young ones in their place. Always something to do here!

Mick, the pandemic & global inflation has closed a lot of small businesses around here too, it’s sad.
                          Smart leaving your car home I think. Sounds like driving & parking will be crazy during the celebrations. Travel by foot like you usually do, Lol.

Hello to Pauly, Det & Sam,

Hope everyone has a peaceful weekend!
                          Lav
                          AF since 03/26/09
                          NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Working...
                          X