Sunday June 5th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Sunday June 5th

Mae everybody, just popping in to say hi and wish us all a great BF Thursday!
    I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
    Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Just got home now..been to Nottingham..took me 2hr45 to get home. 102 miles. The van has been coated..looking good Dr dropped the van off and bimbled around Nottingham. Went to the castle. The Robin Hood story, then went down the caves. There are at least 807 recorded caves under Nottingham...and then we went to Nandos.

Hiya lav yep that's the Co pilot..that's Shuggie the Heilan Coo!
      Going for a shower will post more tomorrow

20220609_102713.jpg

20220609_121609.jpg

20220609_115606.jpg

20220609_102940.jpg
      af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

MAE ALL...

Mick...great pics. Don't know that I'd be going down into those caves. LOL Glad you're home safe & sound.

Nice quiet day today, spent the afternoon playing bridge! I guess tomorrow I'll have to actually do some work. LOL

Have a good night all...will post individually tomorrow....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Greetings friends,

We had a real nice day watching the kids saying their goodbyes to elementary school. They had a real nice program, very entertaining. The kids were so excited. Afterwards we had a nice lunch together, good times. Time to move on to the middle school for 6-8th grade then the high school. I hope we’re still around to witness it all

Cyn, we had huge thunderstorms overnight with lots of rain. Almost 2” over the past two days!! No drought here this summer. There were a few small tornadoes that touched down in NJ last night but no damage they say. I try to keep my laptop & iPad updated & sometimes it’s hard to find things after the updates. I’m sure it’s frustrating for what you have to do, sorry. I may get out for a walk before dark since it’s down in the 70’s right now.

PQ, yuo sound awfully busy! Don’t let them drive you nuts & don’t ever volunteer for anything, Lol
          I hope the boss pitches in & lends a hand soon.

Pauly, hello & I hope you had a good day.

Mick, glad you’re home safely. Have you picked up your bunnies yet or are you extending their vacation a day or two?
          Tell Shuggie I said Hello, haha!!

Hello to Det & Sam.

Have a nice night all! I will be watching the congressional hearings on the Jan 6th attack - starts at 8 pm tonight! I want to hear the whole scoop & how guilty Trump & his family are for instigating this fiasco.

Lav
          AF since 03/26/09
          NF since 05/19/09
          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Mae all - rain on and off here ... despite, I walked up to a close-ish Whole Foods for a couple of things... something to do.

I have so many things I want to accomplish, strange for a person of my age, but I am pushing forward. Sometimes a walk in the rain is just the thing to set things right. I hope so.

Love to all -
            TG

Comment

Hello everyone and how are we today then? Hope everyone is well well. I have just been and picked up the rabbits, they are out playing on the grass as we speak. It is dry this morning though very cloudy, Julie has gone swimming was I picked the hooligans up.

Hiya ppqp how are you then?hope all is well. It was great down the caves..I enjoyed it a lot more than the castle. Though if I am honest I enjoyed the Nandos even better!!don't get carried away with work .its poets day..

Hiya lav how are you doing,hope all is good I know what you mean about the updates..sometimes it seems like they aren't for the best.Im growing some teasel plants they arr food for goldfinches..now I know over there they are classed as invasive weeds in some places...hope you have a good weekend
              Ps. I see trump says its all a hoax!!!!

Hiya teegee..if you feel like a walk in the rain then go for it..age is immaterial. I have never been canoeing..but we have already booked lessons when we go to Cornwall..

Hiya pauly how are you doing?hope you are ok

Det. ..How's you?
              af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Mae everybody, Mick things are OK here thanks for asking just keeping myself busy and humming along,scared for the financial future like everyone else,things are just getting too pricey! It's annoying, much love to all and wishes for a great BF day for us all!
                I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Hello friends,

Last day for sunshine for a while. Rain starts tomorrow & looks like it’s going to be around for most of the coming week, oh boy. I’m trying to catch up with weeding outside, better get back to it soon.

Cyn, a walk in the rain sounds OK as long as yo have a safe place to walk, like a sidewalk. We woke up to a truckload of old, bald tires dumped on the road in front of our houses this morning. Living in the country means you’re subject to some real stupid wanker sh*t. Fortunately one of our neighbors is in charge of the roads around this & the next township so he got his crew to collect all the tires. I can’t believe someone actually had ‘fun’ doing that, geez.

Mick, I’ll have to look up teasel plants - not sure what they are. Nice of you to help feed the finches
                  Speaking of invasive, I planted a chocolate mint plant in my herb garden several years ago & it grew like crazy, wanted to takeover the whole garden. Last year I dug it out of there & planted it by the chicken house. The chickens won’t touch it & apparently it provides really decent rodent control. Even the mice don’t like it, haha! I have a big pot of chocolate mint tea on my counter, it’s delicious.
                  I always knew tRump was guilty of whipping up his crowd & encouraging them to storm the Capitol but after seeing the previously unseen video evidence last night WOW! He needs to be drawn & quartered. What a horrible person he is, truly.

Pauly, prices are so bad I am comparing it to the inflation we dealt with in the early 80’s. I used to cry at the grocery store, no kidding. We have to tighten up our spending, we will survive this just like we did back then. Hang in there!

Hello to PQ, hope yuor day wasn’t too bad

Hello to Det & Sam.

Have a good night all!
                  Lav
                  AF since 03/26/09
                  NF since 05/19/09

Comment

MAE ALL…

Summer like conditions out there today, nobody was in work mode. Good thing the boss was off. Since I have to work tomorrow for our community garage sale I figure I can get caught up with everything I didn’t bother doing today. LOL Just before I left work I noticed a lot of honking, congestion and confusion in the parking lot so went out to see what was going on. We have Open Stage Night (resident musicians perform for free) at the community centre tonight and there were 4 Food Trucks in the parking lot. We also have Out of School Care program and parents drive in, pick up their kids and then continue around the parking lot to leave. One of the Food Truck people took the pylons (that we had set out to reserve spaces for the trucks) and blocked off the entire one side of the parking. That forced parents to try and turn around/back up out of the parking lot. I was ticked. Went out and removed the pylons and told them they can’t block off the parking lot. Of course the accountant, who is in charge of the Food Trucks, was long gone. I think what bugged me the most is people feel they can just do whatever they want. Oh well, not worth drinking over. LOL

Lav…sounds like you had a fabulous time at the elementary graduation. In my day the only grads they had were Grade 12 and post-secondary school. We even have preschool graduation into Kindergarten. When you said “don’t ever volunteer for anything” I just laughed. At our community garden meeting the president said she was going to assign the director roles and I was not allowed to volunteer for secretary. No worries, I already did that job once, not again. You have the same forecast as I do with rain starting tomorrow and lasting most of the week.

TG…you sounded a little down yesterday. I hope the walk in the rain helped. Don’t push yourself too hard you deserve to relax a bit.

Mick…it’s always good to hear the peskies are happy and healthy when you pick them up. They must be getting used to the routine. Hope your weather stays nice before you head out again at the end of the month. I’m sure you’ve got lots of projects you want to do.

Pauly…glad you’re just humming along. LOL Yes, I think we’re all scared for our financial futures. Hope you had a great day.

Time to get dinner on the go. It’ll be an early night as I’m up early tomorrow. Have a restful evening all….:smile:PPQP

Comment

Mae all -
                      Pauly, how is the heat there? I keep seeing that it is already at dangerous levels... good luck, sending love. Like Lav, I also lived through the 80s... got very creative with groceries and cooking... but we made it through that, and we will again.. hang tight.

PPQ, seems like it is always something!!! Glad that you were there to handle it all! Yes, I guess I was kinda down yesterday... each day has its own challenges. Glad that on Sunday I will be headed to work on organizing projects with 2 dear friends. Living alone (without working out side the home) is sometimes challenging.

Lav, love the mint story.., very good that it works, and that you can make tea!!! I watched the hearings last night. What shocking video, and how brave was that woman officer?! Not sure I can handle more... I already knew that this was an illegal disaster That could possibly tear this country apart... hopefully some eyes will be opened. I’m sorry to say that when I drive across Wyoming, there are huge billboards against Liz Cheney... I am so impressed with her seeking the truth. (I hope she has a lot of bodyguards...)

Mick, welcome home (for now)! Glad that the peskies are doing well. Take some time to enjoy your home labors!!!

Hello to anyone stopping by... wishing all well..,

Comment

And good morning everyone how are we today then? Hope everyone is doing well. We are in the middle of some sort of a storm at the moment so any work outside has been ground to a halt. It is really windy, there is no chance of going up a ladder in this. Julie has gone out out for a meeting with one of of her friends someone she used to work with. It's me and the rabbits running the show now!

Hiya lav and how are you today then? Hope the weekend is doing ok for you. Talking about putting plants in that are invasive, I once planted up a bamboo plant in the garden. It went absolutely mental growing everywhere. Eventually I managed to get rid of it it from my garden, but even 10 years later there were still shoots growing in next door's garden! It was my idea when I had a pond to make it look like a Japanese garden failed miserably. Went to Aldi yesterday and and I bought what six Dahlia plants and they have got heads on them already and also 6 double headed begonias it cost me £8 for the 12 plants you could have grown them for that.

Hiya pauly great to hear from you girl. Yes prices are going up and up..I am not convinced its a necessity..there's a lot of greedy people around you take care.

Hiya ppqp how are you doing?sounds like you are pretty busy. .how did today go then?sounds like yesterday was a bit of a zoo!!!!you are right though it isn't worth drinking over..jeez imagine going back to that ..ermm no fanx. Take care and have a good weekend..take time to breathe!!

Hiya teegee how are you doing today?hope all is well..yep I think that we have all lived through the creative living times!!there is only one problem..when I was younger, everyone mucked in and helped each other out Society has changed since then. and in my opinion..not for the better in a lot of cases Society imo is getting more and more of silted self centred based around me me me !but even the political leaders of our respective countries are the same..enuff..not getting on that pedestal!!!

Hope everyone has a great weekend take care and be good...or if you can't be good...then don't get caught. ��

Comment

MAE ALL...

We could have had more foot traffic for the tables in the community centre for the community wide garage sale but it was what it was. This was the first year we partnered with the organizer so some lessons learned and next year will be better. Those that had tables weren't too disappointed as they did make about $100 in sales. I've never done a garage sale myself but that seems like ok money. I did manage to get quite a few items crossed of my to do list as nobody in the garage sale interrupted me. Monday feels like it will be smooth sailing.

TG...you're sounding better and I know exactly what you mean by living alone without working outside the home. Although my adult kids are here I might as well be living alone and when covid mandated work from home I thought yay but soon realized I needed the social interactions with people. I am a creature that needs routine. Good luck with your friends organizing project tomorrow.

Mick...oh no, you and the peskies running the show, I shudder! LOL I remember when I would get so stressed out/pissed off at work and head to the liquor store just to sit there and mentally make my Mick's pro's and con's list. That saved me many a time and I'm happy to say that is no longer my gut reaction to stress/anger. I've come a long way. LOL

Lav...I have a feeling when I post this reply your post will pop up. Hope you had a good day.

Thinking of all the gang. Have a good night....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Hello friends,

The rain stopped s I got out for a walk after dinner, nice. Tomorrow will be soggy all day & coolish so I’m thinking about making soup, haha! Why not??

PQ, it’s hard to believe people do such stupid things. Shows how thoughtless some people can be, really. We surely can’t drink over other people’s stupidity!
                            I have been to all the grandkid’s preschool & Kindergarten graduations but this one felt different somehow. She’s going to have to get on a school bus for the first time since the middle school is way over on the edge of the school district. Big kid stuff I guess, haha.

Cyn, I have enough chocolate mint to keep us all in tea for a very long time, haha!! It was very good too
                            My son was born near the end of 1980 & I remember the economy tanking soon after. It forced me to get back to work sooner that desired but I had to help out with the bills. It’s tough but if you cut out the unnecessary spending & tighten up your belt it’s manageable (but not fun). I still do all the cooking & baking I did then out of habit I guess. Today I baked donuts using the oat pulp left over from making a batch of oat creamer for my coffee. I ended up with delicious vegan, GF donuts sweetened naturally with banana & blueberries (from last year’s harvest). I remember my grandmother’s famous words - waste not want not!!! She was absolutely right!

Mick, I looked up teasel & it;s just not a plant that grows around here. We sometimes buy a bag of niger seed & hang it out for the finches.
                            Glad the bunnies are home & well. I can’t believe Julie leaves you unattended when you could get on so much trouble haha!! Getting rid of bamboo is nearly impossible. There’s a fair bit of it growing around here, looks like a jungle when you drive by.

Hello to Pauly, Det & Sam.

Have a nice night all!
                            Lav
                            AF since 03/26/09
                            NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Mae all - late posting, I have had a lot of things to finish up, then got my head together to pack for this Organizing adventure. I don’t usually pack my business gear for a trip, but I think I’m taking the most useful stuff... will load up the car in the morning then set out.. it will be about 7 hours drive, I think. Got the tire pressure checked and filled up the tank, so here we go... it will be super hot while I’m away so I actually got some blackout curtains to go over two large windows... I’ve been keeping the apartment at 80, and if the sun doesn’t stream inside I think things will stay cooler. It’s an experiment at least.

Wishing all well, cool and healthy... more after I get this drive under my belt... 👍

Comment

Working...
                              X