12th June

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 12th June

Hiya all. How are we doing..hope all is well. We are on day 3 of a heatwave,it is even too hot to sit outside. Went to yoga last night..pretty hard going but I enjoyed it..felt it this morning though rearranged the greenhouse, and the plants in it.
    Hello Pauly, how are you..doubt that you will be here, but just to say,thinking of you
    Hope you enjoy Longwood....

Hiya teegee hope all is good with you?and you are looking after yourself
    Right folks stay safe

L

Hiya ppqp how are you then today?hope all is well with you. Good for you the bridge �� party!!!hope you enjoy your Friday night out.

Hiya lav,how are you doing?hope you are well. Just been to asda. 6 established lavender plants for£5.
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Hello all - still with my friends here, and Internet is iffy out here in the country...
      I am heartsick about Pauly’s loss - they were such a great couple... what a shock.
      Pauly, if you read this, PM me anytime... I am totally here for you —

Comment

Greetings friends,

Had a wild night here with several thunderstorms, knocked out the power around 5 am for a short time. The rain finally stopped & I got out to meet my friend at Longwood. Boy has she been through the wringer with everything. Her son has to go back in the hospital in 6 weeks to have some sort of bio plastic attached to his head to take the place of the skull that used to be there to protect his brain. Sounds downright awful, no shit. In the meantime he’s wearing a special helmet, ugh. He’s still weak on the left side so he needs someone in attendance to make sure he doesn’t fall & injure himself further. He has no recollection of what happened to him, maybe just as well. Cognitively he’s not all there, he thinks he will go back to work & back to riding his motorcycle but that’s not going to be possible. It’s all such a shame.

PQ, yes, this was the first I’ve seen my friend. They moved to FL a few years ago & were on a camping trip when they got the call about their son. I can’t imagine driving from FL to here not knowing if your kid was alive or not, sad. I hope your day off was a good one.

Cyn, good to hear from you. We are all sick about Pauly & her family. I hope we can help her cope in some way or the other. You take care.

Mick, after all the storms last night the heat is coming back for a real hot day Friday but the weekend is supposed to be cooler (in the 70’s) for father’s day Sunday.
        The construction at Longwood is awesome, it’s going to end up being SO big, love it there.

Hello to Pauly, Det & Sam.

Have a nice night all!
        Lav
        AF since 03/26/09
        NF since 05/19/09
        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

hiya all...how iswee?hope all is well...hottest day of the year here...34 degrees.had to resink the holder for the whirligig washing line ...hadnt sunk it in properly ..it was as crooked as a boris and trump combination!really hot ,the rabbits are sprawled out in the shade...and guess what ..I bought them a kids tunnel like they used to have ..I got some news about Jeeves yesterday,I was speaking to my friend who is pretty much an authority on dutch rabbits...I was telling her about his mad spells .Sue says she had one with the very similar symptoms ..and what it was ..heart failure ..It isnt definite ,but if it is so he is in the very early stages of it ...so his life will be as enjoyable as I can possibly make it .heres what I got for them..wonder how long it will last

s-l500.jpg

hiya Lav ...Im glad you enjoyed Longwood ,their website is brill ,so it must be good in the flesh.tomorrow we are due thunderstorms .That is so sad about your friends son ..not that it will help him ,but I hope the scum that did it get done in whilst locked up .you take care ..oh and thanks for the storm!

hiya teegee,how are you?hope all is good at your friends ..hope you are taking it easy too.

hiya ppqp..bridge today?you are off now arent you?enjoy the time ..

hiya pauly ..thinking of you ..dont really know what to say ,but we are all here for you ..

take care all.
          af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Good evening friends,

96 humid degrees here today, yuck. I welcome the cold front moving in overnight bringing us down to below normal temps for the weekend.
            I was just out clipping an overgrown shrub that was blocking the handrail on the deck steps. Left all the clippings lying on the ground, I’ll pick them up later, maybe haha!

Mick, the heat seems to be everywhere. Glad the bunnies found a cool spot.
            I really believe heart failure was what took down my big Swissy several years back. She just looked like a failing old lady, short of breath, weight loss, couldn’t walk more than a few steps. We can keep them as comfortable as possible just like we would for any family member.
            That injured young man will never get back to what he was previously, his head/brain injuries were severe. He doesn’t seem to comprehend that yet but he will get the picture at some point. Right now the goal is to get him moving safely on his own & just learning how to take care of himself.

Hello to friends PQ, Cyn, Pauly, Det & Sam. Pauly please know that we think of you & your family constantly & send much love.

Hope everyone has a decent night!

Lav
            AF since 03/26/09
            NF since 05/19/09

Comment

hiyaall how are we today then?all good ?not raining here but definitely cool and dark skies..rabbits are out playing in their tunnel.off to York tomorrow to a dolls house fair ...no not for me ..We are out for a bit of a meal on Monday ..it would have been Julies brothers 60th ..it doesnt seem like 6 years since we said goodbye .

hiya Lav ...did you pick the clippings up ?..or not as the case may be ..Amy let her cat out yesterday for the first time ..apparently she was ok ..hope you have a good weekend .

hiya everyone else ..hope you are all ok.Pauly thinking of you ..

'...The Dentist who invented Airflow teeth cleaning has died.

So outside his house they've given him a little plaque.'

I saw a woman crying at Asda the other day.....
              So I stopped and asked what was wrong?
              Through the sobs, said said that she was due to go on holiday, but all the money she had been saving for months was gone.
              Feeling sorry for her, I decided to give her ?50 to try and help a bit.
              It's not something I'd normally do, but I'd just found ?2,000 in the car park

I went on a date with a blind girl last night and it went so well that she paid for the meal, the drinks and even bought me a new TV and a pair of trainers online

She'll be livid when she finds out

Currently helping my son search for the chocolate that I ate last night.

Some of the NHS and emergency staff have had their Ed Sheeran tickets cancelled for tonight's gig in Glasgow. One distraught nurse remarked 'It's not fair. They've cancelled everyone else's but not mine.''

Comment

Good evening Mick & everyone,

It sure did cool off overnight but the allergens came back, haha! I can’t seem to win around here.
                Yes, I did end up picking up those clippings last night but have yet to get to the shrub on the other side of the deck steps. Maybe I’ll do it now & just get it over with. I think I’m getting lazy with all this yard work, maybe time fpr a granny condo?? Lol
                Have fun at the doll house show Mick, you never know!! You could probably build furniture for them with your train work experience. Time does keep moving on after someone passes, tthere’s no way to slow it down. My brother passed nearly 9 years ago, hard to believe.

Hello to PQ, Cyn, Pauly, Det & Sam. Hope everyone is OK.

Have a nice night all!
                Lav
                AF since 03/26/09
                NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Working...
                X