June 19

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: June 19

Good afternoon all and how are we today then? I am currently in the queue for fuel at Costco comma and have been for the last 40 minutes come on hence the reason why I am on my phone full stop it is absolute Madness here, there is a circuit through the car park that they have made cars go through, and it is just absolutely crazy. A lad in a car just tried to jump in front of me coming from the car park full stop bearing in mind the amount of time I and other have been waiting in the queue you I thought I would have a word with him. After the the oh I'm sorry I didn't realise I was a q he jumped back in his car and still trying to get in front of me full stop conversation number 2 then took place he started getting a bit mouthy few more people turned up in the end he left after making semaphore signals to me with his fingers which clearly upset me not! It is really hot here today, but thunderstorms are expected tonight. A nest of bunnies? That's absolutely brilliant lav.I am sure you will find a way to protect them.
    Hiya teegee how are you then?hope things are OK for you

Ppqp how are you?how did the bridge go?did you win?was chatting to a friend this morning..he is canoeing and on the rapids somewhere in the rockies.
    Sorry its a short post..nearly my turn to fill up..hopefully before the thunderstorms ��
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Hello to all- I am posting early, as in a bit I will be hosting my “godson” as he travels x-country driving to a new home in Spokane. He’s getting their car out there so that the family (wife and 1 child) can fly out and start up their lives. (He is starting med school).
      So, I got my apartment sort of cleaned up, fresh sheets on the bed, etc. picked up some breakfast food; his hope is for mexican food this evening, so I’ll bring in or we’ll go out.

I seem to be more tired than usual, so I hope I can stay awake to be a good listener!!

I hope all are well... Mick, so sorry for the long gas lines, and really, what do people expect when they try to squeeze in? That they somehow are so special? Sheesh...

Wishing all well and cool- take care all —
      TG

Comment

MAE ALL...

Rain all day, good day to play cards. Just 2 tables of us so we were finished quite early. Went through the bar procedure with the boss as our bartender bailed on us at the last minute and we have an event on Saturday. Another weekend where I won't be turning my phone on. LOL

Mick...wow, almost an hour to get gas. What a jerk. Glad there was someone else besides just you to deal with him, it could have been a lot worse. Cards weren't as good as last week but I still ended up winning! Took home 1/2 the pot a whopping $1.

TG...I could play any type of card game any time. With a family of 8 kids it was the cheapest entertainment. It's so nice that you can host your grandson tonight. He'll probably be just as tired as you are.

Waves to Det, Sam, Pauly and Lav...I'm sure you'll be posting soon. Had a craving for a pork chop so off to get that on the BBQ. Have a good night all....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Good evening friends,

We did end up with a 2.5” rainfall - that’s a lot!!!
          Just reheated some leftover vegan vegetable lasagne, my favorite with a side salad

PQ, the chickens did finally go to bed last evening so I could close up the hatch door & turn the lights off, haha!!
          Sounds like your card playing was a success, good for you! Did you end up getting a big rain too?

Cyn, hope you have a great visit with your godson. I wish him a lot of luck in med school, it’s pretty brutal but it’s nice to have a doc in the family
          Do you have any allergy problems because they can make you unusually tired. I know this from personal experience. Have a great evening. The blueberry donuts were dairy free & delicious!

Mick, glad you stood your ground at the gas station, geez. Some youngsters are so utterly sef-absorbed. Whatever happened to manners?
          I haven’t seen any baby bunnies in the nest yet but I will keep an eye out for them. I just wish the mama had picked a safer spot (away from the nosey beagle).

Hello to Pauly & the rest & wishing everyone a nice night!
          Lav
          AF since 03/26/09
          NF since 05/19/09
          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Hiya all how are you today then..hope all is well.been really warm today, and now the thunderstorms are starting. All we need!!!take the rabbits �� to their hotel tomorrow..and we are off on Sunday, first stop is Tewkesbury.

Hiya lav how are you doing?any sign of the rabbits yet?yes manners seem to have died a death..and to be honest it's not necessarily young uns either. You don't leave the lights on for the chickens?

Hiya ppqp how's you. ?sounds like you did ok at the cards. So the barman bailed on you?How's about a self service bar?would that work?a night on the beer with an honesty box!!!!Good answer re the phone off for the weekend.

Hiya teegee how are you today?Still tired?we are off to Cornwall on Sunday...lots of walking, lots of cornish pasties and clotted cream teas ��

Hello everyone else..pauly how are you?

Just had a text Julie's niece who had covid has just tested negative..that means she can fly back to S Korea tomorrow.
            af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Good evening friends,

I am appalled & disgusted with the events here today. The US Supreme Court overturned the right to abortion, settled law since 1973 in the Roe v Wade case. Slap in the face for all women by the right wing nutcases on the court, three appointed during the tRump presidency. Each state will have to decide what they want to do & there’s already many states that will completely outlaw abortion. I feel sick about this.
              Sorry, it’s just beyond my comprehension.

Mick, I hope you two have a great trip with fabulous weather. I hope Jeeves behaves himself while you’re away too.
              Good news about Julie’s niece.

Hello to the rest of the group & wishing everyone a nice night!
              Lav
              AF since 03/26/09
              NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Mae all -
                Mick, I am so jealous! Cornwall, my favorite!!! Wishing you good weather and good trails. Hope your rain didn’t wash everything away...
                PPQ, sorry that you lost the bartender, sheesh, no one eats to work anymore? Good for you for turning off the phone!😉
                Lav, yep Med school is brutal. I think he has an idea about how it will be... he’s worked the last 2 years doing research on vaccinations and AIDs In Africa (Mozambique) I am glad he and wife and 4-year-old are back state-side. Wife is going for a speech therapy masters... not sure how they will all fit that in...
                DET, great pics on your job! Hope all is well with you -
                Sam, hoping all is well -
                Pauly, always sending love —🌹
                I had a wonderful time with my godson, took him to the old Market part of town and had Mexican food... then walked around, seeing things I haven’t seen for decades... a little bittersweet. He left after breakfast, and I spent the next hours dealing with a dying fridge... I was putting your away and noticed the freezer things weren’t frozen... jeez. So long day of waiting for a different one, cleaning it,,having the handles switched, etc. good thing there wasn’t much food in there. Annoying to have these burly workmen throwing stuff around in my apartment... but so glad that they rose to the occasion...
                So that’s me - wishing all well and good on this Friday night...

Comment

Lav, this is a very dark time for our country. More guns and more children and women at risk and impoverished.
                  Very dark...

Comment

hello all ..how are things today then? hope everyone is doing good .weather has changed here today ,really blowing a hooley and the rain too....ideal for going away in the morning .took the rabbits down to their lodgings this morning .Ibought a couple of hats this morning to keep the sun off my napper ...and yep in comes the rain .

hiya teegee ...what are you up to over the weekend?is the new fridge working ok ?hope you have a relaxing ...yes relaxing weekend.

hiya ppqp ..how are you doing?hope the tinternet and the phone are binned for the weekend!!

hiya Lav ...hows you then ..trust me you arent the only country ,with a clueless useless government...I see some clinics have closed down already......and not too many gun clubs!speaks volumes!

hiya pauly how are you ?thinking of you .

Comment

Hello friends,

Apologies for my snit yesterday but I was mad as hell.
                      So sick & tired of the right wing nutjobs trying to pull us backwards, no one needs that insanity. I still harbor resentments from way back in 1973 when I couldn’t sign a lease on an apartment as a single female, hence the marriage. I also couldn’t open a credit card in my own name even though I was working full time as a licensed professional. Still burns my a$$ thinking about it. All I ever wanted was fairness & a better world for my future daughter & granddaughter.
                      Anyway, it sunny & hot here today, the bees are buzzing happily. One of my older chickens went to heaven overnight so there’s only 4 of the oldies left. I think I’m just going to let them stay & move the newest bunch in with them tomorrow. The young one need a wing clipped before we move them though so they don’t attempt to fly over the fence, haha. We learned our lesson years ago, haha!

Cyn, glad your visit with your godson went well. Sounds like you had a nice day.
                      Hope the replacement fridge is happy for many years to come

Mick, I am sorry about the rain but I had to get rid of it after having 2.5” dumped on us haha!
                      Keeping my fingers crossed for your trip, hoping it will be calm & dry for you guys!!

PQ, hope your weekend is ALL yours!!

Pauly, thinking of you friend :hug:

Hello to Det & Sam & anyone else looking in.

Have a nice night all!
                      Lav
                      AF since 03/26/09
                      NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Lav, the decision yesterday, and so many other rulings feels to me like the US is sliding backwards into a dark hole. Hopefully that’s not correct. I dream of a country where the rights of self-determination are available to all.
                        Good to hear that you are going to get a new “Crop” of chickens... that’s sweet to put the older girls into retirement. I hope you are staying cool and getting some rest these days.

Pauly, thinking of you and sending comfort.

Mick, good luck with the rabbits and getting on your way tomorrow... I hope that the weather clears. Good job on the double hats!!!

PPQ, hoping you are playing cards or doing something else fun... how’s your weather this weekend?

I seem to be dealing with some blood-sugar related issues... I worked on a project this afternoon, then realized I was really really hungry; ran out of food this late afternoon (because half the stuff from the fridge was bad), so ran up to Whole Foods at 4 pm and bought enough food for 2dinners. I ate one dinner right away... glad that I have more food if I get hungry later... kinda weird.!?!

I will start driving west in a week - such a relief that it is just 1/2 the country to cross... 2.5 days driving will feel like nothing! But lots to figure out and set aside to pack, so I have my evening work cut out for myself.

Wishing all a good night, and safe travels tomorrow to Mick.

Cheers to anyone dropping by...

Comment

Hiya all.hope we are well. .just arrived here at Tewkesbury..motorway was horrible. Too many cars!just took this picture of Tewkesbury Abbey it's opposite the site very blowy here but dry

20220626_163730.jpg

Comment

Working...
                          X