Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 25th September

Greetings friends,

I just read about a hospital in FL that had it’s roof partially blown off. ICU patients on ventilators had to be quickly moved to lower floors. My brain would have exploded in a situation like that, grateful to be retired. Lots & lots of damage in FL, at least 1 confirmed death for now due to the hurricane.
    I just managed to get both of my kids to agree to come here Sunday for a pre-birthday celebration. Their old man is turning 70 on Tuesday, didn’t know what else to do. So we’ll all be together for the first time in a very long time for lunch & cake

Mick, I’ve been waking up extra early this week too - who needs that??
    I get the feeling Luna knows that I’m trying to help her, she’s always very sweet with me. In addition to the cat boxes, food & water on the deck I now have a spot set up for her in the chicken house if she chooses to go there. She would be out of the weather & her new kittens would be safe. I’m going to introduce her to the space soon & see what she thinks.
    I hope you have nice weather for your initial voyage in your new van.

Hello to PQ, Cyn & all the rest.

Have a nice night all!
    Lav
    AF since 03/26/09
    NF since 05/19/09
    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

MAE ALL...

I too was up at 4am, not by choice, the alarm company phoned. Texted the boss, no response. Logged into the system and cameras, everything looked fine. It was a motion alarm and no doors or windows were opened so I declined the call out to the cops. Let the childcare director know around 5:30am so she was aware of what had happened. Boss texted me at 8am to say he was actually awake at 4am and he didn't get a call or see my texts. I left early today and he said hope my phone works tonight or better yet no calls at all.

Mick...sorry your arms are aching, just remember no pain no gain. LOL I bet you're excited to get on the road with the new van. Hope the weather is great for you.

Lav...good job on getting your kids to agree on the pre-birthday celebrations. If I remember the last time they actually got together everything went ok. Hope it's the same this time. I think Luna is bonding with another mother. LOL She couldn't have ended up in a better place. Hope she goes for the chicken house, she'll need the shelter this winter.

It'll be an early night for me. Hope everyone can get a good sleep....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Hiya all...How's things with you?pouring with rain here today, so if anyone needs any just shout
        Yesterday was a day from hell for me..nothing went right. I had to take the van up to the dealer yesterday morning to get something checked out .bearing in mind I have just bought it,the log book is still in the post with the new name change on it.anyway,on the way I lost the front number plate. It was held on with the recommended adhesive pads. Failed. I drove all the way up to the dealer..no sign of the plate .now to get a new plate made I need to produce the registration documents..which were in the post. To drive with no plates is illegal and we were going away on Monday. I phoned the dealer up just on the off-chance...and he said that someone had found it on the road and handed it in to him..Lucky eh?

Hiya teegee. Glad you got that journey done ..are you resting now?how are your friends?you take care.

Hiya lav...firstly thanks for looking after the cats..you are a star must be a real change for her..feral to a life of luxury. Yes, the damage to that hospital was pretty horrific. The nursing staff did well. I think the water is starting to subside now. You take care and have a good day.

Hiya ppqp..well hopefully you had a better sleep last night and that no alarms went off.the winds are building up here, don't know if it has anything to do with the hurricane in Florida, but it is certainly starting to blow. Are you still in hot weather,take care

Right folks have a great weekend x
        af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Good evening folks,

Sometime overnight we will be getting our share of hurricane Ian. It won’t be anything like they saw in FL or even SC thankfully.
          Hope I can keep my cat herd dry enough on the deck, haha!!

PQ, maybe you should just stay overnight at work so you can take care of problems as they pop up - just kidding
          Make sure the alarm company knows to contact the boss first before contacting you in the future haha.
          I actually haven’t had the whole family together. Last Christmas got messed up because my grandson got Covid so they all had to stay home, just daughter & her family came over. I think we’ll be OK at this point provided my DIL doesn’t go off the rails over some perceived insult. I’m going to make a big pot of turkey meatballs & sausage tomorrow so they can make sandwiches for lunch. May order a pizza or two for the kids.

Mick, losing you vehicle tag is a nightmare. You are so lucky someone turned it in, really!
          I hope your weather clears for your Monday launch.

Hello to Cyn, hope you are well.

Hello to Pauly & Det out west & Sam here on the east coast & will likely be feeling Ian’s effects as well.

Have a nice night all!
          Lav
          AF since 03/26/09
          NF since 05/19/09

Comment

MAE ALL...

Quiet day with childcare closed so got lot's accomplished with the little stuff that keeps getting put off. Boss left at noon because he has to come back tonight since his part time staff keep flaking on him. The event on Saturday wanted to set up a stage extension and lighting today as they won't have enough time tomorrow. They were booked from 2:15pm - 8:15pm and at 4pm I phoned them and said nobody has shown up and I'm out of here in 1/2 hour and the building will be locked. That lit a fire under them and then the boss phoned to see how things were going and I said nobody is here. He is ticked, I told him I would wait till someone got here and at 4:30 the pastor showed up. I told him to phone the boss. I locked the building and my responsibility is now over for the weekend. Putting phone on mute!

Mick...no more heatwave, it's been cool and overcast. We will be above normal over the weekend and next week but no heatwaves. I think I've got my fall weather. First, to have to go back to the dealership just after you bought the van is troubling but to loose the license plate is a real headache. So lucky someone turned it in, other than the dealership giving you temporary dealer plates I don't know what you could have done. I did have a great sleep and with phone on mute the weekend should go smoothly. LOL

Lav...I saw the forecast for your area and thought oh no! Ian seems to be growing in strength again so I hope you're right about not getting the brunt of it. I read the first line to me and thought WHAT! then saw the just kidding. LOL The alarm company does know to phone the boss first and then after a few similar events was also told they had to let it ring at least 5 times before moving onto the next on the list. I guess it would help if the boss actually had his phone turned on. Duh! Oh that's right, I forgot your grandson got Covid. I'm hoping everything goes smoothly for you.

Time to unwind and relax. I think I'll let the kid figure out what's for supper. Have a peaceful evening all....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Mae all - sorry to be posting so irregularly... I have yet to get a “rhythm” going for the work o am doing here... all is decided last-minute, and not a lot of boundaries... something I am addressing ASAP as that is a trigger for me. Doing okay, though.
              Lav, I hope the birthday party goes well! I have a friend that a feral cat “chose” to have her litter at her house. She is now an inside/outside cat, and as sweet as can be... but maybe your dog is not interested in a cat in the house? Good luck!
              Mick, what a nightmare situation! So glad the Good Samaritan picked up the plate and brought it to the right place! I hope you have a good send off for your trip - Bon voyage!!!
              PPQ, sounds like you are setting great boundaries! Good for you, and wishing you a wonderful (call-free) weekend!!
              I hope all are well - greetings to anyone stopping by... May we all be well...
              TG

Comment

Hiya all..well it hasn't stopped raining since yesterday and pretty high winds too.Jeeves is poorly too. Was up most of the night with him,no better today, so got an emergency appointment at the vet..they gave me some more meds and to carry on as I am doing..if he is no better tomorrow then they will admit him.125 dollars for that as well as a 40 min drive across Manchester. Was going metal detecting tomorrow..that ain't going to happen just in case. Same as going away on Monday. We shall see.
                Hiya teegee, glad to hear from you .hope all is going well for you. Make sure you take care of yourself. We have just managed to get the last place on a site for the great Yorkshire Show. Next July..they are like rocking horse poo .

Hiya ppqp..hope all is well with you good idea switch phone to mute.let someone else carry the can for the weekend. You have your own life to live

Hiya lav,how are you doing?how is the new resident doing?was at the vet s this morning, there was only one vet .another result of brexit.. they have made it so hard for foreign nationals to work here a lot of them aren't bothering. The whole brexit was based on false and uncorroborated information ..and we fell for it .hope you have a good weekend
                af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Evening greetings friends,

We only had just over an inch of rain last night, a little windy but nothing terrible. I guess the rest of the weekend will be cloudy & damp & it’s definitely cool out in the 50’s.
                  I think I’m all set for the birthday party tomorrow. It will be nice having the whole gang here for a few hours.

PQ, I hope your phone is now silenced & leaving you alone, Lol You certainly have had an intense week at work, enough is enough.
                  Make the weekend all yours & relaxing

Cyn, glad you’re OK just extra busy. Don’t know if Ian is moving inward enough for you to see any action. Be sure to keep an eye & ear open, stay safe.

Mick, sorry to hear Jeeves is having difficulties again. We don’t have much control over these things. Hope he rallies quickly.
                  We are saturated with Vet offices here so there’s really no problem finding help when you need some. There are a few places that only deal with large animals (horses, sheep, cows).
                  I guess the rain is also putting a damper on your plans, sorry about that too. Hang in there!

Hello to everyone else & wishing a nice night for all.
                  Lav
                  AF since 03/26/09
                  NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Working...
                  X