9th October

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

9th October

hiya everyone ..thats us back home again.Its been a great weekend ,sorted out a few issues with the van mostly operator error,but a couple not .Next trip is down to Birmingham on the 20th to the motorhome show .Vdery enjoyable .Vet phoned this morning ,Again Jeeves doing brilliantly,eating,toilet everything .Tomorrow the 2 of them get their boosters ,and Jeeves gets another blood test to see how he is doing ..itsa week since they did the last one.
    Hope everyone has had a good weekend ..

Hiya Lav ,hows Luna doing ?still holding on to the brood?Is she still in the maternity ward?hope your weekend was good .

hiya ppqp...hope you had a work free weekend with no interruptions ...

teegee how are you doing?hope all is well with you...take care and take it easy ..

big shout to pauly sam det and everyone else ....
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Re: 9th October

Hello all -
    Well, a couple of crazy days here - did I say previously that I was going to have to find alternative housing for several days? My first host/client had her children arrive for a visit, then the second host/client also had her kids decide to come up for part of the holiday season. I was lucky to find a hotel last night that I could afford! (Holiday weekend and leaf-peeper season &#127809 Tonight I am back at the hotel where I was in 2021 for a few weeks, with my pup.... not sure if any of you remember that...

Mick, so happy to hear the good news about Jeeves. It sounds like your plan is turning out well. And congrats on the new van’s first journey! Last night I was definitely wis hung I had a vehicle I could sleep in... and today I drove by a gorgeous State Park on the shores of a lovely lake... if I had known about that, I might have gone ahead and slept in the car!

PPQ, hoping your phone is turned to “mute”, and your weekend is quiet.

Lav, are you still stitching away? Maybe getting ready for Thanksgiving or Xmas by this point? I hope all is good and quiet with the family.

Hello to Pauly, Sam, Det, and anyone else who drops by...
    TG

Comment

Greetings friends,

Well Luna decided. Today was the day so she’s in the cat box on the deck with 4 kittens, so far. Hope she’s done anyway. I’ve been popping out frequently to check on her & she’s been showing me her kittens. I just put a heating pad under the bedding so the little ones stay warm enough at night. It’s been pretty chilly at night here. Everything else is fine, I made a big pot of potato leek soup for dinner with all locally grown ingredients, yum. I use my homemade cashew cream to thicken it, very good & agreeable with me.

Mick, glad your trip went so well & the news about Jeeves is awesome
      It’s a full time job keeping everyone happy & healthy!!

Cyn, I always seem to be busy doing something. This week I had several orders (from the last craft event) to fill & now I have to restock for the next one which is Nov 5.
      I do remember that hotel you liked last year, glad you could revisit, leaves are beginning to turn here, takes longer down this way.

PQ, hope you had a fabulously quiet weekend!

Hello to all & wishing everyone a nice night!

Lav
      AF since 03/26/09
      NF since 05/19/09
      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Hiya all as we speak I am in the vets waiting to pick them up jeeves had his blood done this morning, and the results are super. His kidney is working a lot better with the medication ��..he is going to be on them for keeps .
        Congratulations lav on the kittens �� that is supposed to be a kitten it looks more like a fox .hope all is good.are you going to get her neutered?

Hiya teegee..Great to hear from you. Take it easy. You are as bad as.me if not worse!just getting them now but wanted to say Hiya
        af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Now got him home....

20221010_162151.jpg

Comment

Mae all -

it's a sleepy holiday here in the NW corner... I took a long ride yesterday and saw gorgeous colors, took a few pics, but they don't really show the glory of the in-person colors. Having a break this morning in the 1806 Inn that I may have described at some point... lovely to be in an historic place. I'm "floating" for the day, as I had to leave the motel this morning, and can't go to my hostess' house until this evening. I have plenty of work to accomplish, but found that my computer has a low battery... so I'm sitting in the "fireplace room" where I found an outlet to plug into. Once the computer is charged up I'll continue with a big project - listing the contents of a hundred vinyl LPs in order to get a NY buyer to take them (or some of them...). At this moment I am admiring (from afar) two beautiful dogs that have joined us here in the Library/couch area - I heard the iconic "wap wap" of floppy ears and the jingle of a collar, and turned to see these two big sweeties.

Lav, good luck with Luna - I hope she caps her litter at 4! And I hope that she stays warm... you sure are a good "fur-mom" for her and the litter. Oh wow - another show in November... you must be a "stitching wonder"! Glad to know things are busy for you - i hope that it is gratifying. Wishing you good autumn weather.

PPQ - back to work today? I hope the "problem child" gets all together and stops bothering you and the boss. Best of luck on the week ahead.

Mick - such great news about Jeeves, congratulations! So you are already planning your next trip? That's great. What is in Birmingham that you will be seeing? Wishing you humans and the furry ones all good health!

Well, my computer is nearly charged, so I'll be off to find a nice place to sit and record all these records! So to speak...

Good wishes to all -
            TG

Comment

Hello friends,

Beautiful day here, sunny & 67 degrees - purrfect
              Kittens are a little over 24 hrs old, seem to be fine. Mama Luna looks good as well. Ijust heard we have a big rain coming on Thursday, rain, thunder, wind & all that so I will probably move the cat house into the chicken house so they at least stay dry. Really glad I put the heating pad under their bedding, works great!

Mick, great to have all your fur kids back home I’m sure
              What medication did they use for Jeeves? Just curious. Great that he’s responded so well.
              Yes, I talked tothe Vet about spaying Luna when the kittens are a few weeks old & not so dependent on her. It will be done because she doesn’t need togo thru all this again.

Cyn, glad you found a cozy spot to recharge your laptop & yourself as well
              That sounds like quite a record collection, hope the buyer is pleased. So when do you make the trip back home? Not sure how long you planned to stay here in the east. Good luck!

PQ, hope your day was fabulous!

Hello to all & wishing everyone a nice night!
              Lav
              AF since 03/26/09
              NF since 05/19/09

Comment

mae all ,how are we today then?hope everyone is doing well .Its been a lovely day over here ,both weather wise and with my rabbits .Cut the the grass this morning ,didnt realise how long it had got ..Its so good to have those 2 back home again .Jeeves seems a lot friendlier too ,and inquisitive ,he never used to come into the front room ,but now he happily wanders around the house .You can tell he hasbeen fed meds on a regular basis too...he happily takes the syringe

hiya teegee how are things with you? all good?So you are listing your vinyl?I think I have got about 40 lps ,mostly in the following genres ...David Bowie ,Classical ,Soul,60s 70s and country.Yes we are away next week for a couple of days ..down to Birmingham to the motorhome show,see what there is The next long weekend aaway is Ingleton Falls in the Lake District.

hiyaLav,how are you doing?I think Im chasing your weather..Hows Luna and the kittens? hope all is well.they both had heating pads in their hutch in the garage last night.Jeeves has not stopped eating all day ,and obviously pooping ...but they are regular size and consistency.It makes me wonder if his kidneys have been the cause of his previous bouts of illness
                the meds he is on ..1 ml of metacam twice a day. 0.16 ml Cisapide twice a day ,2.5 mg tablet Fortekor daily ...you find most of these meds are for dogs but they work with rabbits .He is on fortekor for keeps .Your kittens ,look great. take care

hiya ppqp ..how are you doing? hope all is good with you .

big shout to everyone else .

Comment

Good evening friends,

We had another nice day here, grateful!
                  Thursday will be a rain/stormy day so I’ll move the kittens into the chicken house ahead of the storm. They’re doing great, mama is doing all the work.

Mick, that’s a real handful of meds Jeeves is on but if he takes it without a fight then great. I hope he stays happy
                  So what are your winter plans? Time to get back to train work or something else? I think I’ve turned Byrdie on to sewing. She got herself a small machine & has made a trip or two to the fabric store. It’s easy to get hooked on sewing haha!

Hello to PQ & Cyn, hope you both had a great day!
                  Hello to Pauly, Det & Sam.

Have a nice night all!
                  Lav
                  AF since 03/26/09
                  NF since 05/19/09

Comment

MAE ALL...

Had a nice quiet Thanksgiving weekend. Ended up cooking a chicken, I'm not a big turkey fan. No work interruptions, nobody in the building and the boss busy with his sister, she was sworn in as premiere today. He will be back to work tomorrow. It was a quiet day at work, accountant only in 1/2 day on Tuesday. Was able to get the Corporate Members webpage up and I'm quite happy with it. Had a crap sleep last night so it will be an early night for me.

Mick...so glad to see Jeeves home again, he looks good. Sorry about all the meds you have to dole out. Enjoy your trip to Birmingham and don't get any ideas.

TG...sounds like a perfect day in the "fireplace room", you probably needed the down time. We are loaded with colour here and lots of leaves. Don't work too hard.

Lav...the kittens are adorable. How's the dog feeling about the new additions? We had a cool day today, but sunny. Temps are going to jump back up to 80 on Thursday. I had nothing but phone calls and emails asking why the tennis courts were closed. Told them all to email the boss. LOL I hope you don't have too much work to do for the next fair.

Waves to the rest of the gang. Have a good night all...:smile:PPQP

Comment

hiya all hope wee are doing good ...have to report its raining again ..both rabbits doing well.Im out at yoga tonight ,

hiya ppqp...hope you had a good kip last night ..sorry about the bad sleeping ..hope you have a good day at work today ..Nope Ive got a couple of things I want to look at when we are at the showbut thats about it ..

hiya Lav ,we have the rain today ....yes ,one of the meds he actually loves ..I end up struggling to get the syringe back from him!!winter plans? back to the trains...Yep I see youve got byrdie hooked ..she has already made a couple of things .She is definitely in awe of your machine!!!!hope you have a good day.

hiya teegee pauly sam and det ...hope all is well with you

Flight Attendants Announcements
                      All too rarely, airline attendants make an effort to make the in-flight "safety lecture" and their other announcements a bit more entertaining. Here are some real examples that have been heard or reported:

On an Air NZ Flight with a very "senior" flight attendant crew, the pilot said, "Ladies and gentlemen, we've reached cruising altitude and will be turning down the cabin lights. This is for your comfort and to enhance the appearance of your flight attendants."

On landing the hostess said, "Please be sure to take all your belongings. If you're going to leave anything, please make sure it's something we'd like to have."

"There may be 50 ways to leave your lover, but there are only 4 ways to leave the aircraft."

As the plane landed and was coming to a stop at Auckland, a lone voice came over the loudspeaker: "Whoa, big fella. WHOA!"

After a particularly rough landing during thunderstorms in Adelaide, a flight attendant on a Qantas flight announced, "Please take care when opening the overhead compartments because, after a landing like that, sure as f*** everything has shifted."

From a Qantas employee: "Welcome aboard Qantas Flight XXX to YYY. To Operate your seat belt, insert the metal tab into the buckle, and pull tight. It works just like every other seat belt; and, if you don't know how to operate one, you probably shouldn't be out in public unsupervised."

"In the event of a sudden loss of cabin pressure, masks will descend from the ceiling. Stop screaming, grab the mask, and pull it over your face. If you have a small child travelling with you, secure your mask before assisting with theirs. If you are travelling with more than one small child, pick your favourite.

"Weather at our destination is 32 degrees with some broken clouds, but we'll try to have them fixed before we arrive. Thank you, and remember, nobody loves you, or your money, more than Qantas Airlines."

"Your seat cushions can be used for flotation; and in the event of an emergency water landing, please paddle to shore and take them with our compliments."

"Should the cabin lose pressure, oxygen masks will drop from the overhead area. Please place the bag over your own mouth and nose before assisting children... or other adults acting like children."

Heard on Qantas Airlines just after a very hard landing in Hobart: The flight attendant came on the intercom and said, "That was quite a bump, and I know what you are all thinking. I'm here to tell you it wasn't the airline's fault, it wasn't the pilot's fault, it wasn't the flight attendant's fault... it was the asphalt!"

Another flight attendant's comment on a less than perfect landing: " We ask you to please remain seated as Captain Kangaroo bounces us to the terminal."

An airline pilot wrote that on this particular flight he had hammered his ship into the runway really hard. The airline had a policy which required the first officer to stand at the door while the passengers exited, smile, and give them a "Thanks for flying United. "He said that, in light of his bad landing, he had a hard time looking the passengers in the eye, thinking that someone would have a smart comment. Finally everyone had got off except for an old lady walking with a cane. She said,"Sonny, mind if I ask you a question?" "Why no Ma'am," said the pilot. "What is it?" The little old lady said, "Did we land or were we shot down?"

After a real crusher of a landing in Sydney, the Flight Attendant came on with, "Ladies and Gentlemen, please remain in your seats until Capt. Crash and the Crew have brought the aircraft to a screeching halt against the gate. And, once the tire smoke has cleared and the warning bells are silenced, we'll open the door and you can pick your way through the wreckage to the terminal."

Part of a flight attendant's arrival announcement: "We'd like to thank you folks for flying with us today. And, the next time you get the insane urge to go blasting through the skies in a pressurized metal tube, we hope you'll think of Qantas."

A plane was taking off from Mascot Airport. After it reached a comfortable ruising altitude, the captain made an announcement over the intercom, "Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. Welcome to Flight Number XYZ, non-stop from Sydney to Auckland. The weather ahead is good and, therefore, we should have smooth and uneventful flight. Now sit back and relax - ********! ARGHHH! OH, MY WORD!" Silence followed and after a few minutes, the captain came back on the intercom and said, "Ladies and Gentlemen, I am so sorry if I scared you earlier, but, while I was talking, the flight attendant brought me a cup of coffee and spilled the hot coffee in my lap. You should see the front of my pants!" A passenger in Economy said, "That's nothing. He should see the back of mine!"

Comment

Mae all - just read up on how everyone is doing... congrats to all...
                        Quiet day here - I took a long walk through a cemetery early this morning... it felt a little odd, but was peaceful. Not working with a client today, so trying to focus on getting some ideas down on paper - I would like to change my work direction - but it takes thinking and planning and clarity - so basically right now I’m staring out of a big window watching the leaves fall instead!

Lav, good news about Luna and the kittens. Great that they can take shelter in the chicken house - I hope your storm isn’t too nasty.

PPQ, happy belated Thanksgiving! Up to 80 degrees?! Crazy! It is also warm here today...

Mick, great to hear about Jeeves getting/staying better... best of luck going forward.

Hello to all dropping by -
                        TG

Comment

Good evening all,

So much for my plan to move the cat herd into the chicken house. An hour after moving them, the food, water, heating pad, etc I went out to do a welfare check. No Luna & 1 kitten missing!!! I stood & waited a few minutes & she arrived, grabbed a 2nd kitten out of the cat house & walked out. I followed her & found her stashing kittens behind the garage in some tall weeds back there where there’s a few boards leaning up against the garage wall, haha!!! So I moved everything, including Luna & the 4 kittens back up on the deck where they started out. Guess my ‘help’ wasn’t wanted or needed. They’re all settled back down now. I definitely learned something today. I’ll have to keep an eye on them when. The winds are whipping up to 40-50 mph tomorrow.
                          Went to pick up my grandson after school as usual & he never showed up. He texted me a while later saying he stayed home sick with a stomach virus, his other as well. He was in my car yesterday but I haven’t come down with anything - yet!

PQ, nothing wrong with a good chicken dinner, regardless of the holiday I happen to like turkey better so I roast one fairly frequently.
                          Glad your weather. Is holding up for you. No sense in starting winter weather in the beginning of the fall season. Good that work seems to be somewhat better this week, so far.

Cyn, glad you are out & about enjoying the fall colors. I hope we get some real colors here soon.
                          I wish you lots of clarity designing your new work future. Hopefully not so much travel will be involved, that’s so tiring (at least for me).
                          The dog likes TO get out on the deck & do her usual sniffing around but when she gets too close to Luna & the kittens Luna takes care of business, haha! She’s a good mama.

Hello to the missing friends & wishing everyone a nice night!
                          Lav
                          AF since 03/26/09
                          NF since 05/19/09

Comment

MAE ALL...

Boss finally showed up at work today and got bombarded with issues, none from me thankfully. Accountant wiped out an attendance record of a family current battling things out in court and one of the childcare staff has been diagnosed with Alzheimer's and she's not doing well. Apparently there was an issue the boss had witnessed. It is very sad, she has been with us forever. Other than that I had a good productive day.

Mick...hope you don't overdo yoga tonight. Glad the peskies are doing ok. I did manage to catch up on my sleep last night, still not great but a lot better.

TG...interesting walk. LOL Glad you're taking another day off. Sending you good vibes for clarity but I like the idea of sitting and watching the leaves fall.

Lav...I had to chuckle when you said Luna was relocating the kittens. Guess Mama knows best. Glad the dog isn't causing too much trouble and that Luna can take care of things. With the forecast we decided to open the tennis courts till the end of the month. Didn't take long to see the bookings appear. LOL

It's soup and biscuits for supper tonight. Have a good evening all...:smile:PPQP

Comment

Hiya everyone. How are we doing today then?hope everyone is doing ok. Weather here is good again today ☺️. Rabbits are sunbathing in the conservatory. I am so chuffed that Jeeves is doing so well.

Hiya ppqp..wow it sounds like a mixed bag and not of fun either That hated disease again. And then losing the records for courts..oops. I hope today is a better one.

Hiya lav..how are you?How's Luna and gang doing? Obviously not frightened of dogs! Have you still got the strong winds over there? Today here it is really lovely. Have you heard from your grandson? How is he doing. I see covid is on the rise over here again, however it has not got the effects or indeed the implications as it initially had. Take care and look after yourself

Hiya teegee hope all is well with you .did you get the LpS listed?Best of luck. Hope your plans for travels go well.

Hiya pauly and everyone else

Comment

Working...
                              X