Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 13 Nov

Hello friends,

Feeling quite chilly here but honestly this is SO much better than the summer heat. Being born in December probably has a lotto do with my likes & dislikes, Lol
    All of the A M I N A L S are doing fine. My daughter couldn’t say ‘animal’ when she was little so they’re aminals, haha!!
    Working on my crafty stuff & yes - I read the vendors instructions every time so I don’t show up looking like a fool. I guess you could say I’m a real grownup haha!!

Cyn, getting adjusted to this sudden cold weather takes some time. I’m having trouble staying up until my normal bedtime & I refuse to go too early.
    I think I heard your area is going to be blasted with some serious cold weather, be careful. Walk when you can do so safely :hug:

PQ, glad you’re whipping everyone into shape, geez. I can’t believe a bunch of adults can’t be bothered to read what is expected of them, Lol
    I hear you about grocery prices, sad really. I’m sticking with the basics, nothing fancy or unnecessary. Try to get Christmas gifts here & there as well. This time of year is such a money drain with the holidays & everyone having birthdays to celebrate as well.

Mick, Daisy learned the art of eating from a bowl all in one day, now she’s a champion, haha. I’m not even sure how much you’re supposed to feed a kitten at this stage but she’s happy & growing.
    So the rabbits like cabbage, me too haha! Just bought a cabbage yesterday. I like having one on hand, you never know when a Polish dish craving is going to pop up.
    Wow, if i was in the hospital waiting 4 days for a hip pinning or replacement I’d be screaming the walls down. That’s so sad, poor woman. Is there anyway she can be transferred somewhere else? I wouldn’t put up with that kind of treatment for myself or my family. The changes to healthcare have been horrendous, to say the least.

Hello to all & hoping everyone has a nice night!
    Lav
    AF since 03/26/09
    NF since 05/19/09
    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

MAE ALL....

Man, it's freezing out there!! We started at -1C this morning and dropped to -9C but the problem was a north wind blowing a hooley!! Thank goodness it's a one day event and the weekend and next week look mild, sunny and warm.

TG...things have settled down and yes I did get my pay cheque later in the day so all's good. When the cold hit here it was fidget! I believe it's going to be a cold winter after such a hot summer. It's always nice to know that it's not only you that is without internet. At least you know it's not anything you did. LOL If it's not Russia it could be China. Hope you had a good night.

Mick...oh no, didn't you leave the cabbage on top of the freezer one time before? I'm glad they seem to be doing ok. Oooh, a new project for the railway. Sorry to hear about Julies SIL's mother. My mother in law was 76 when she broke her hip (years ago) and had the surgery the next day. You're right, it is a fkin disgrace. Our Bank of Canada has raised the interest rate 6 times in the last 7 months and another one is scheduled for next month. They figure it will help curb inflation but I don't think it's working and really doesn't make any sense to me.

Lav...loved the pic of you feeding Miss Daisy, thanks for sharing. Did you find out if your brother has a visiting nurse & PT lined up? We got the Christmas tree up and decorated in the main lobby today. Tomorrow we'll do the trees and lights in the main hall. Everything seemed to be on track until the furnace in the hall quit! They're trying to get the part to fix it and I sure hope it's working for the weekend. We have purchased a few floor heaters just in case. I'm glad the AMINALS are doing fine. Good to know you the vendor instructions, you can setup at my Craft Sale anytime. I too stick to the basics when it comes to groceries but even then it can be tough. I'm just thankful I don't have to do the big Christmas event with decorating, gifts and a huge meal. The boys and I are happy with my little tree and we don't do gifts as none of us have any money. I do make a special dinner but nothing elaborate.

I've had a craving for a hashbrown casserole so that's what I'm going to pop into the oven in a minute. Not sure if we'll even have anything else to go with it. LOL

Shout out to the gang. Have a good night all....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Dear friends,
        Mostly I want to say thank you SO much to you all for your friendship over the years...

It just hit me as I logged on that you have turned out to be my dear, true friends for such a long time. I have other long-time friends that I value very deeply, but of course we (here) are woven by a common bond that is life-changing.

This evening I ran by my 94-year old friend’s house, just to make sure the lights were on and that she was up and okay... and she was bringing her trash containers!! So I finished up and brought in her papers for her and was going to go, but she asked me to stay for a bit... We had a long conversation (she was a dear friend to my Mother); family, politics, marriage, everything and anything. She got tears when we said goodnight, so I will be stopping by a few times each week... I am so happy to still have an “elder” to talk to...
        Listen to me, all emotional and a little melancholy... but my life is good and I am grateful... 💜
        Cheers all -
        TG

Comment

TG...you have taught me compassion, strength and hope through your posts. I truly value your wisdom and courage and am grateful for your friendship on this thread.
          Cheers to you - :hug:

Comment

mae all...how are we today then? all good hopefully .Was at yoga last night ...aching today but enjoyed it .Im there again on Friday.Raining here again today .Finished decorating the hall stairs and landing yesterday ,and then cleaned the railway tracks on the layout.Ive got plans for a new layout ,and it involves something like doing this .Im going to work on the original Harry Potter idea that I was initially going to do.It will take afair while .Ive managed to get a hold on a Disney princess castle for 12 bux so we will see how it goes .

hiya teegee..hope all is well with you.The friendship and common bond is there as you say through one thing .Its interesting though its changing now ,but the image of an alcoholic or someone with a drink issue is usually stereotyped as a drunken unkempt unwashed person in the street ,or the bumbling slobbering housewife.how wrong !that is just one result ..a lot is hidden ,very clever professional people who drink to excess on a daily basis .this group..just have a look at the folk on this site ,..there are some very clever intelligent and professional and ex pro people here ...we have all one thing in common ..we had a problem ,we accepted that problem ,we addressed that problem and continue to do so .You are welcome here as is everyone else we are here to help each other

hiya ppqp...how are you then? has the hooley passed?sounds like you are in the same mess as the rest of us ...Canada that is .-9? my van has got an automatic dump valve on it ...at -4 degrees it dumps all the water to stop it freezing Christmas tree up already? lights today ..wow .take care .

hiya Lav how are you then? the aminals ok too .? Amy could never say elephant ...twas hefelump!I love peppered and buttered cabbage .Im pulling out the last of the nasturtiums ,,,and drying them for the rabbits..they love them and they are good for them.have you got the polytunnel sorted out for winter?

hiya Slo ...how are you doing? how is the leg ? you take care ..Right folks thats me ....take care yall.
            af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Good morning,

Yesterday I babysat baby Huxley for 12 hours, so I was out the door very early, and it was a long but nice day. Daughter took me out for dinner afterwards (with Huxley, who slept through), so that was a nice ending to the day!

My knee with the broken bone (tibia) is healing just fine. Another 6 or so months and it should be healed. The other dumb knee replacement knee still gives me grief. My dreams of PT fixing that one are not coming true. My physical therapist suggested I might try acupuncture on that one, so I will look into that.

Mick, the Hogwarts castle is an ambitious project! Such creativity! That will keep you happily engaged. My daughters absolutely love the world of Harry Potter. They are fanatics. I like it too.

What did the snail say who was riding on the turtle’s back…haha!

I’m surprised at how much prices are going up on basic things that I buy too. And my monthly condo fees are going up again in January, and fuel prices are increasing in January -right in the cold of Winter. I hope your check will soon reflect that raise you’re due, PQ.

You get enough of decorating for Christmas at the centre, PQ! Thankfully you don’t have to bother at home too much.

So that’s where Dr. Seuss came up with the heffalump: that how some kids say ‘elephant’!

I totally agree that health care in hospitals fell apart when it became a for-profit business venture.
              Last edited by Slo; November 17, 2022, 09:57 AM.
              Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.

Comment

TG, I got worried about 92-year-old Uncle Don when he didn’t answer the phone over the course of the day several weeks back…he lives alone, and his lady friend who lived behind him had moved away the week before. I finally got ahold of him the next day -and he had been out raking leaves, and had been out raking leaves all day the day before too!
                I love it that you and your 94-year-old friend can now provide steady companionship for each other. I love talking to wise people who have lived a long time!

This really is a life-changing problem that we have overcome. You wouldn’t think that stopping ingesting a toxic beverage would be life-changing, but it is because it’s so interwoven into the culture, and now we’re counterculture. And we can’t just quit: we have to find new ways to cope with life.
                Thank you for being my companions as I walk away from alcohol culture and navigate life without it. You’re all wonderful people!

Comment

Good evening friends,

I say that often but I really do mean ‘friends’. I never dreamed I’d find so many good people having the same issues as me. You all have been wonderful, strong, compassionate & more :hug:

Cyn, I’m so glad you have an elder close by, that’s really a source of comfort for both of you. I miss having one in my life, they’re all gone now, even all the aunts & uncles.
                  It’s strange that no one in my life now knew me when I was a kid or happy young adult. My brothers never paid much attention to anything but themselves, oh well. I would love if we could all find ourselves in the same place one day. What a great meetup that would be.

PQ, hope you’re staying warm enough, I know your temps are much colder than mine here.
                  I am not thrilled about gift giving anymore, feels like I’ve given enough over all these years. Guess I may have caught the Humbug, haha.

Mick, that’s an awesome project you have chosen, Have fun with it & keep us updated.

Slo, I think acupuncture is a good idea. My brother-in-law had chronic back pain, multiple surgeries & therapies with no relief. I suggested acupuncture & he said ot helped somewhat. `doesn’t hurt tp give it a try. Glad your fracture is healing nicely. Glad you had a good day with Huxley & the dinner out was a nice touch.
                  Speaking of Dr Seuss I have to make a few more ‘Cat in the Hat’ pillows for the next craft fair, people still love him!! I guess we all have to figure out where we can save a few bucks, inflation is hitting all of us.

Hello to all & wishing everyone a nice night.
                  Lav
                  Last edited by Lavande; November 17, 2022, 08:29 PM.
                  AF since 03/26/09
                  NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Hello everyone and how are we today then? Hope everyone is well. It is absolutely hammering down with rain at the moment and the roads are flooded, and I live on a hill! Unfortunately I have to go out in a little while, Julie went out earlier on to meet up with one of her old work colleagues for lunch, so big man is here said he would go out and do the shopping! I also had to wait for a parcel coming. Hope everyone is doing well, and that we are ready for the weekend and. I picked up that Disney princess castle, it is absolutely huge full stop it is going to be a fair piece of work to do. I am out at yoga tonight so hopefully the weather will clear up a little bit one of the assistant instructors is getting examined, no not like that tested! And she needed some guinea pigs so we are all going. It is slightly feeling off just now so I will nip to the shops will it is only a steady downpour. Take care everyone have a great weekend and if anyone needs some water don't be afraid to ask we have plenty here!
                    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Our precipitation came down as snow yesterday and on Tuesday. I feel lucky to live at the top of an incline too! Less worry about flooding…although I really feel the wind hammering at the place up here on windy days.

I went shopping for the first time (other than shorts bursts for groceries) since my accident! I walked around a Marshall’s (think TP Maxx perhaps, Mick); did a return and bought a couple things. Couldn’t find any baby clothes I liked though.
                      But I don’t think I can make a habit of that, as I’m on the couch with double ice packs now. My knees are spent for the day.

‘Cat in the Hat’ is a perennial favorite, Lav!

You may be tempted to skip yoga tonight because of the rain & flooding, Mick; but now you can’t because you’re needed!

TGIF, PQ!

Comment

MAE ALL…
                        Wow, it was a busy day today. Everything is going great and we’ve had a huge turn. The vendors are happy. LOL Nobody has notice the furnace isn’t working, lots of bodies to heat up the room. I do have heaters set up in the hall but they keep blowing the breakers. LOL Also our weather changed and it’s very warm, bright and sunny. Really lucked out with the weather this weekend.

Mick… Wow, that’s a big project with the Disney princess castle. That’ll keep you busy. Thankfully the wind stopped. Still raining eh? No thanks, don’t need any water. Did you get the shopping done? Hope yoga was relaxing. Do you know if the instructor passed? Good on you offering to do the shopping.

Slo…that was nice that your daughter took you our for dinner after that long babysitting day yesterday. Wow, another 6 months seems like a long time. Good luck with the acupuncture. I tried that to quit smoking a long time ago but it didn’t work. You take it easy getting back out there. Don’t want to delay that recovery any longer that you have to.

Lav…I believe you are the one getting hammered with snow. I was watching some of the news last night and quite a few states are getting clobbered. The craft sale went great today, hope we get the same turn out tomorrow. Having the part time facility staff sure helps. I’m not stuck at work for 2 days. I think your next sale is Dec 3? Get those ‘Cat in the Hat’ pillows done.

Shout out to TG, Sam, Det and Pauly. I’m back to the craft sale first thing tomorrow morning but don’t have to stay all day.

Have a great night everyone…..:smile:PPQP

Comment

Happy Friday night, all. We were 17F this morning... pretty brisk for mid-November!!

Not much to report - I took spaghetti and Bolognese sauce to my brother and SIL’s house last night. Good for me to get out and about with folks... I may drop by my sweet elder friend’s for a bit this evening...
                          Mick, good man - yoga and shopping! Your project sounds wonderful; I hope we get some pictures as it comes along.
                          PPQ, congrats on the great vendor event... sounds like it was a success!
                          SLO - yikes, be careful of your energy! Sounds like you’ve had a couple of big days... I hope you can rest now for a bit.
                          Lav, Cat in the Hat pillows!! You’ll be getting a Message from me!
                          Quiet night here... will probably do the NYTimes digital puzzles as my excitement ...
                          Hello Pauly, Sam, Det and all dropping by...
                          TG

Comment

Good evening kids,

All good here & I hope everyone is just fine today. Still cold here with a chance of flurries but haven’t see any yet. If you live in th eBuffalo, NY area you’re getting 4-5 feet of snow - OH MY!
                            Still working on crafty stuff & taking care of the aminals of course

Mick, your train set up will be very cool with the castle, have fun with that. I guess I could take a little of your rain but it would probably freeze in these temps. Hope. Your day out was good.

Slo, today I’m stitching up Baby Yoda pockets for pillows, they’re also quite popular.
                            Save your knees & do your shopping online this year. You’ll be glad you did, honestly :hug:

PQ, glad to hear the craft event went well today, yay!! No snow here but the western part of the state near Lake Erie has gotten some & they can keep it, haha! Yep, my craft event is Dec 3, I’ll be ready despite losing time over Thanksgiving weekend. I don’t have any choice haha!

Cyn, nice of you to take dinner to your brother. My brother probably wouldn’t let me in his door, the grump. I did order a Mrs Field’s cookie assortment to be delivered tohim, maybe they’ll sweeten him up a bit. I was so happy to find a Cat in the Hat design earlier this year. I’m not a big fan of the current Disney stuff for kids. Who doesn’t love Cat in The Hat???

Hello to all & wishing everyone a nice night. Time to go feed the little one.
                            Lav
                            AF since 03/26/09
                            NF since 05/19/09

Comment

hiya all...how are we today then? this crazy weather ...really sunny today after yesterdays flooding .Went to yoga last night ...enjoyed it ..it was just the getting there that was rubbish.

hiya Lav ,how are you doing ? all good hopefully ..yep that castle is too big ,but it has given me a kind of a template to work from.I will have to scratch build it .heres a cracker for you ..on the rabbits hutch ,there is a hasp and staple ...I put a screwdriver through the hole to lock the huthc ...went to check them in the garage this morning ,and they were both out in the garage playing!which one I dont know ,but one of them had bounced the hutch door and bumped the screwdriver out .then it was party time !!they couldnt have got out of the garage ..there is a barrier before the shuttered door .no rain but do you want sunshine?

hiya teegee how are you doing then? hope all is well with you today.likewise ,quiet over here today too.hope you have a good weekend .

hiya ppqp ...how are you then? hope all is well with no hassle .Yes the instructor passed .glad your sale went well.Yes that project will keep me busy ..slowly slowly...hope today goes as well for you.

hiya Slo ...how are you today then?hope all is well.you babysitting over the weekend?Yes I live on the top too...lovely views but as you say it has its own little micro climate.T K Maxx...yep.you rest that knee now .

Q: What do you call a fake noodle?

A: An im-pasta.

Q: How do you make an artichoke?

A: You strangle it.

. Q: Why did the tomato blush?

A: Because it saw the salad dressing.
                              . Q: Why do mushrooms get invited to all the parties?

A: Because they’re such fungis! (Fun guys, get it?)

. Q: What did one plate whisper to the other plate?

A: Dinner is on me.

. Q: Did you hear about the famous pickle?

A: He was a big dill!

. Q: Should you have your whole family for Thanksgiving dinner?

A: No, you should just stick with turkey.

Q: Why did the banana go to the hospital?

A: He was peeling really bad.

Q: What do you call a nosy pepper?

A: Jalapeno business!

Q: Why did the kid throw a stick of butter out the window?

A: To see butter-fly.
                              Q: Why didn’t the teddy bear eat dessert?

A: He was stuffed.

. Q: What do you give a sick lemon?

A: A Lemon-aid.

13. Q: Why do you smear peanut butter in the road?

A: To go with the traffic jam.

14. Q: What do you call an attractive fruit?

A: A fine-apple.

15. Q: What did the cupcake tell its frosting?

A: I’d be muffin without you.

. Q: Why can’t you trust atoms?

A: They make up everything.

. Q: What sits at the bottom of the sea and twitches?

A: A nervous wreck.

. Q: What do you call a dinosaur that crashes his car?

A: Tyrannosaurus Wrecks.

Q: How do you stop an astronaut’s baby from crying?

A: You rocket!

Q: What time is it when you have to go to the dentist?

A: Tooth hurty!

. Q: Which hand is better to write with?

A: Neither, it’s better to write with a pen.

23. Q: Why did the math book look so sad?

A: Because of all its problems.

24. Q: What kind of tree fits in your hand?

A: A palm tree!

Q: How many lips does a flower have?

A: Tu-lips.

Q: What are the strongest days of the week?

A: Saturday and Sunday. All the others are weekdays.

Q: Why did the bicycle fall over?

A: It was two tired.

Q: Where did the computer go dancing?

A: The Disc-o.

Comment

You win, TG! It’s 19 degrees F here. It’s snowing again some.
                                It is good for us to get out and go visit others as we’re both living alone now, and we need to be proactive about finding a balance between being alone and being with others.
                                I was watching ‘Jeopardy’ and ‘Wheel of Fortune’ while you were doing the online games. That’s because I had already done my Wordle and Scrabble with Friends!

That giant Barbie house just isn’t to the scale of your train set-up, Mick. Well, it is still useful as a model, anyways.
                                Those wascally wabbits! At least they can’t get out of the garage.
                                Those riddles make one think!

All good news about the craft fair, PQ! Everything worked out.
                                It will likely take 6 months for my leg to fully heal, but I probably only have to use the walker for about another month.

Baby Yoda is likely a fan favorite because the parents grew up on Star Wars, and then “baby” Yoda is friendly for babies & kids.

I’m doing not much today. Did get gas, and got the oil changed in my car in preparation for my big drive for Thanksgiving coming up this week.

Yeah, I wish my little brother would realize that he should use this time to get sober. This window of opportunity while he’s in between jobs, and awaiting sentencing for another DUI…it would be a good use of this time period. But, nothing I can do about that.

Happy weekend!
                                Last edited by Slo; November 19, 2022, 04:22 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X