Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 27th Nov

Mae all -
    PPQ, how did I miss your post from yesterday? Oh dear, what a scary situation - how is he feeling today? And how scary that you had to go out on those same roads!! So relieved to know that you both are okay and home in one piece... Can you take a day for yourself? Probably not, but I wish that you could... here’s hoping that you get some rest... 🤗

SLO, I love your emphasis on forward-thinking. It is said that we create our “present” - and that is such a good reminder. I hope things continue to be in place to support your health.

Mick, sounds like things are chugging along for you - enjoy yoga tonight!

Lav, you must be one busy bee, getting all ready - sending you strength and endurance.., wish I could send you some nice hot soup! Good luck!

I went out in the cold morning and drove to the downtown cathedral to help the team that prepares lunch once a week for those with food and shelter insecurity. It was a well-oiled machine, and I plunked myself right in the middle of it... what a whirlwind! But it was good for me to broaden my horizons...

The cold and the whirlwind wore me out, and I came home and took a serious nap... how lucky I am to have a warm and safe place to return to...

Wishing all well,
    TG

Comment

MAE ALL...

Thanks for the well wishes. I was able to get some sleep last night so felt better today. So did my son, slowly but surely. It was a tiring day, boss emailed this morning to say he threw his back out and won't be in. Great. We have a 220 person banquet tonight s o had to stay late till the caterers got there to start setting up. At least I didn't have to set up for it. It's -18F out there with a wicked wind. Tomorrow only going to be -22F. Enough already. We're supposed to warm up to 27F over the weekend so will try to get some things done including a hair cut. I did manage to get out and get my Flu and Covid shots today, otherwise I would have had to wait another month.

Lav...it would have been funny to see Luna, glad you got that done. Sounds like you're all set for the craft fair, good job.

TG...you definitely have more energy than me. I'm thankful to have a warm and safe place as well.

Slo...sounds like a good practice to develop. I still delve into my past at times but quickly realize it and quit.

Mick...safe travels to Preston. Hope you behaved yourself at yoga tonight.

Time to pop something in the oven and then relax. Have a good night all....:smile:PPQP

Comment

hiya all how are we today then?hope everyone isd doing well.got the work done on the van yesterday..he certainly doesnt hang around ..it took me longer to drive there and back than it did for him to fit everything.he has done a really good job of it .I took the rabbits down to their lodgings this morning ,so we are ready for the off tomorrow .Julie bought a small slo cooker for the van...they are selling out over here for fun ...Amazon had them at £15 ..then 2 days later they went up to 22 now sold out.Everyone is buying them,because they hardly use any power .and with the energy prices over here its a biggy.At the moment she is making some turkey mince scotch eggs .....just 10.and 2 lemon drizzle cakes to take away with us .

hiya ppqp...how are you feeling after your jabs?hope all is ok.and yep I behaved myself!!

hiya teegee..good for you helping out ..as you say there but for the grace of God...though what does annoy me are those that cant be bothered helping themselves .And are quite willing to live on the goodwill of folks helping .A serious nap? excellent ...wont do you any harm .

hiya Lav hows you then?all good?hows Daisy and Luna?are they out yet? Isnt that strange ...both my shoulders ache like mad ,and I didnt know what it was ..Ive been spraying them with horse liniment ...you know the stuff I mean ...helps but isnt too good for making friends .yoga was good ..best of luck at the craft fair.

hiya Slo how are you doing today? hope all is well.Did you mean Voltarol cream?The plug originally was going to get fitted in the garage of the van...but instead he fitted it to the outside body of the van ..looks better and easier to access.

The first rule of the Alzheimer’s club is… Wait, where are we again?
        How many tickles does it take to get an octopus to laugh? Ten tickles.
        Why did the farmer win an award? He was out standing in his field!
        I told my doctor that I had broken my arm in two places. He told me to stop going to those places.
        Why do melons have weddings? Because they cantaloupe!
        Just went to an emotional wedding — even the cake was in tiers.
        My teachers told me I’d never amount to much since I procrastinate so much. I told them, “Just you wait!”
        How much teddy bears never want to eat anything? Because they’re always stuffed.
        What’s a plant’s favorite drink? Root beer!
        Who cleans the ocean? Mer-maids!
        A magician was driving down the road and turned into a driveway.
        Just finished a box of Corn Flakes. You can check out my cereal killer Netflix special next Tuesday.
        A horse walks into a bar. The bartender says, “Why the long face?”
        I stayed up all night and tried to figure out where the sun was. Then it dawned on me.
        I invented a new word! Plagiarism!
        Knock! Knock! Who’s there? Candice. Candice who? Candice door open, or am I stuck out here?
        Knock knock. Who’s there? Jimmy. Jimmy who? Jimmy crack corn, and I don’t care!
        Knock knock. Who’s there? Amish. Amish who? Really? You don’t look like a shoe.
        Knock, knock. Who’s there? Luke. Luke who? Luke through the peep hole and find out.
        Knock, knock Who’s there? Nun Nun who? Nun of your business!
        Knock knock. Who’s there? Lettuce. Lettuce who? Lettuce in it’s cold out here.
        Knock knock. Who’s there? Snow. Snow who? Snow use. I forgot my name again!
        Knock knock. Who’s there? Closure. Closure who? Closure mouth while you’re chewing!
        Knock, knock. Who’s there? Alice. Alice who? Alice fair in love and war.
        Knock knock. Who’s there? Olive. Olive who? Olive, you and I don’t care who knows it!
        Knock! Knock! Who’s there? Robin. Robin who? Robin you—hand over the cash!
        Knock, knock. Who’s there? Euripides. Euripides who? Euripides clothes, you pay for them!
        Knock! Knock! Who’s there? Stopwatch Stopwatch who? Stopwatch you’re doing and pay attention!
        Knock knock. Who’s there? Rhino! Rhino who? Rhino, every knock knock joke there is!
        Knock knock. Who’s there? Broken pencil. Broken pencil who? Never mind, there’s no point!
        af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

MAE ALL...

Man it's cold! With windchill isn't going down to -40 tonight. Don't need to put a C or F after that. Crazy day with program registration opening and then the website that hosts our programs went down. Wow, I was busy. Left early today after staying late yesterday. Didn't seem to make a difference everyone is crawling around here.

Mick...glad everything's a go for you trip tomorrow. Good score on Julie's part. You drive safe and have a great time.

I'm craving a baked potato so that's my dinner tonight. LOL Have a good night all...:smile:PPQP

Comment

Good evening friends,

I think I'm done & ready for this craft fair but I do always forget one or two things, oh well. Chilly but sunny here, can't complain.
            Luna is getting accustomed to being inside I think, just napping & waking up to eat & take a walk around the house, haha! if she decides to be an inside cat I'm fine with that. Daisy is in the lunatic kitten stage, Lol

PQ, that is some SERIOUS cold air you've got there, BRRRR!!! Keep yourself safe & glad to hear your son is OK.

Cyn, that's nice you got out to volunteer your time. There's absolutely nothing wrong with a good nap!!
            I haven't gotten around to doing much Christmas shopping yet, trying to figure out how to skip the rest. all I really want is a happy & relaxed family anyway. I just saw a better vegan corn chowder recipe I'd like to try soon.

Mick, glad you're all set for your trip. I have a mini crockpot around here somewhere that I use to use to make overnight oats. I need to find that thing & put it back to work, great idea! Voltaren is an OTC treatment for arthritis that works well & has no smell to it like the stuff my granny used Lol. It works real well too

Slo, hope you are well & had a good day!

Hello to all & wishing everyone a nice night!
            Lav
            AF since 03/26/09
            NF since 05/19/09
            Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

hiya all...thats it packed ready for the offski,Pretty foggy outside.hopefully it will clear up on the way up the road.

ppqp wow seryus cold weather ....its better in Canadia tho. wouldn't do so good over here.stay safe and take care

hiya Lav ,hows you then? hope all is good.Yep the crock pots have definitely come back into fashion over here !!nope I havent done much Christmas shopping either .heres what Julie made ...2 lemon drizzle loaves and 10 low fat jock eggs

big hello to everyone else .

20221201_181348.jpg
              af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

MAE ALL…

Boss went home at noon, he was really hurting. Said he should go while he could still drive a stick. LOL So once again I am staying late as we have an event renter in at 5pm. That’s ok though, sometimes I just want to get out of here early so will bank the overtime.

Lav…Luna is destined for indoors but it must be driving Daisy crazy. Son is doing much better he was up twice in the early hours to make something to eat. Wouldn’t want me to actually get a full night’s sleep. Weather is changing you can already feel it. It will be a heat wave with 27F tomorrow. Good luck tomorrow, hope you sell out.

Mick…safe travels, hope the fog cleared for you. Yes, it’s been brutal, sure glad I don’t work outside. Looks like good eats for the trip.

Shout out to the rest of the gang. Have a good night all…:smile:PPQP

Comment

Hey friends,

I’m all set up at the craft fair, now I just need to get my butt there bright & early in the morning
                  Hope the rain doesn’t keep people away, it’s supposed to be dry in the afternoon at least.

Mick, hope your drive was easy & safe.
                  That looks like some good eats to take on your trip, enjoy

PQ, OT on a Friday afternoon, ugh!
                  Luna spent about half the day outside, the weather was pretty good but she wanted back in around dinner time. Daisy really does pester her to death haha.
                  Enjoy your heatwave, don’t get sunburned haha!!

Cyn, hello to you & hope you are well.

Slo, any weekend plans for you or catching up on rest? That would be nice too

Hello to the rest of the group & wishing everyone a nice night!
                  Lav
                  AF since 03/26/09
                  NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Mae all - just walked in from taking another 90-something year old dinner, and then she treated me to a holiday concert with professional chorus and orchestra.
                    Tomorrow AM I’m taking a cousin of mine to breakfast, she has a mental deficiency of some kind, and lives on a group home here. She was quite close to my mother (who passed away in 2014... so I am “picking up the torch” so to speak, by taking her out for brunch tomorrow. I’m glad I am able to give back to my family after being gone for over 40 years... (yikes! But true!)
                    PPQ, sounds like you have had some hard days... good luck and I hope some warmth hangs around.
                    Lav - sending all best wishes for a great sale tomorrow!
                    Mick- happy travels to you!
                    SLO - take care, and use the Voltaren!
                    Cheers all,
                    TG

Comment

Today is the big day, Lav! Good luck, and I hope you enjoy and get lots of sales.

Luna needs to go outside just to catch a break from her pestering kitty!

Are you shoulders crying from overwork, Mick? Maybe they’ll get a break while you are on vacation. I thought those extra loaves of chickpea lemon drizzle that Julie made would be going along with you in the van!
                      I need to memorize some of these one-liner play-on-words jokes for the growing grandchildren!
                      Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.

Comment

So admirable that you put yourself out there to pay attention to the vulnerable people in your sphere, TQ. As well as volunteering at the meal to serve the poor the the community. Was that a Thanksgiving dinner that was being served? Taking in a professional holiday chorus & orchestra is a great way to ring in the start of the holiday season!

PQ, as if the flurry of the day that new registrations start isn’t enough by itself, and then the website crashes on top of it. Ugh.
                        You’re having to stay late a lot, but at least you will get that time back later.
                        I can’t believe your brutal cold! I guess -40 is where Celsius and Fahrenheit converge and mean the same thing! I have been cold enough here in the 20s F with the high winds.

Comment

Well, I’m not at daughter’s big college swim meet this weekend. All the dedicated swim parents are there…but it’s a very long drive to another state, and a 3-day swim meet where I’d have to pay for two nights in a hotel, and boarding the cat etc. And a lot of downtime between events…dodging ex-HB because I don’t think we have the kind of divorce where he wants me sitting by him at the meets & such…and I just didn’t go.

I could have, and maybe should have, driven to another neighboring state to honor the memory of my cousin who was killed in the line of duty as a fireman one year ago today. It was a stupid death that didn’t need to happen, but it did thanks to the ineptitude of both the chiefs and the fellow firefighters. I maybe should go to support my aunt & uncle etc.
                          But that’d be a hotel room for tonight, in order to make it to the 7 am mass tomorrow morning. Then trying to walk through the grassy cemetery all the way to his plot with a walker. Then there’s the champagne and Prosecco toasts at the cemetery -because we can’t do hardly anything in this society without booze! Then hanging out in a bar all afternoon watching football…and I decided not to go to that either. I’ll leave it for the locals.

I’m going up to visit my daughter & son-in-law tomorrow, and see the toddler grandchildren.
                          Last edited by Slo; December 3, 2022, 07:29 AM.

Comment

Hiya all how are we doing today then?hope all is well. We are updating Grassington now. The site is full went into town today to the fair. A bit disappointed..it wasn't as good as I recall it. Pretty cold with the odd showers but it's nice

Hiya slo..how are you doing today?hope all is well. How is the knee managing?it's probably better you didn't put a lot of strain on it. Even driving .my shoulders are still aching, but not as bad take care and have a nice weekend.

Hiya teegee, how are you doing today then?how did your dinner go?

Arrrgh I have just lost my post. Went to put some pictures up and it said that I wasn't allowed to. This is all I saved hope everyone is doing ok..Best of luck lav

20221203_124624.jpg
                            20221203_123309.jpg
                            20221203_120701.jpg
                            20221203_120310.jpg

Comment

MAE ALL...

Wow, it is now 29F, feels like summer. LOL Took advantage of the warm up, with everyone else in the city, and picked up some prescriptions, gassed up the car and got a hair cut. YAY

Lav...I am definitely enjoying the heat wave. Saw your pic on Facebook and your table looks great! Good luck today, I'm sure you don't need it.

TG...I guess it's true what they say, What goes around, comes around. How nice to be treated to a professional chorus and orchestra. Never a dull moment a work. LOL I hope the warmth hangs around too. Hope breakfast with your cousin was super.

Slo...yup, -40 is the magic number. LOL I think you've made the right decision about your daughters swim meet and the memorial for your cousin. You're right about everything involving booze, I used to be disappointed when there wasn't any and now I rejoice. Enjoy your visit with the family tomorrow.

Mick...sorry the fair wasn't quite what you expected, just have to remember that people have dealt with a lot in the last 2 years. The pics you were able post look great. I must have missed something because I'm not quite sure why your shoulders are aching. Was it the driving, yoga? Hope your weather improves, sorry you can't have any of mine. LOL

Wishing everyone a great Saturday and missing those who haven't posted in awhile....:smile:PPQP

Comment

I survived the craft fair haha!!!
                                It was super busy & I did have lots of sales & a few orders. My older grandson asked to come along & he was helpful. I even had him walk an older lady with a cane out to her car & carried her purchases. It was still raining and windy, I didn’t want to see her slipping & falling. Now I’m just tired & a little bit brain dead but it’s all good

Cyn, I love that you’re able to connect with the older friends & relatives since returning to your homeland. Not a single one of our elders is still here, they’re all long gone & that’s sad. I hope your brunch went well!!!

Slo, good for you protecting your boundaries & your quit!
                                It is a shame that booze has to be at every single social event in this day & age even with all the more recent research into the effects of AL on the body & brain.
                                I hope that your daughter understands your current mobility issues. You can always send a remembrance card or letter to your cousin’s family. That was an awful shame that he died like that.
                                Luna did choose togo outside for a few hours after I got home today after being pestered half to death by her daughter Daisy haha.

Mick, great pics! I hope you enjoy your stay even though the fair was less spectacular than you remembered. Things do change, right?
                                I’m ready for a good rets from craft fairs for a few months, enough!

PQ, we did have a good day. We were set up near the doorway & people walked in &just started buying haha! No complaints
                                I hope the heatwave hangs around for a few days so you can really enjoy the great outdoors

Hello to all & wishing a nice night for all!
                                Lav
                                AF since 03/26/09
                                NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Working...
                                X