Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Jan 8 th

Mae all-
    Lav, I’ve eaten a few cookies in my day, but have never “cleared” any from my cache..(. &#128521

My computer is fairly new, so shouldn’t have anything filled up on it, but one never knows. Anyway, I always find a workaround, so no biggie...

Sorry I missed yesterday... getting ready for my house guest, had to clean and spiff up and do sheets and towels... I’ve kind of forgotten how civilized people live! Worked late, then up early to do some work ahead of time for the Homeless lunches... fortunately my guest got a late start, so I can have a little rest before he arrives.

Mick - - so awesome!!! Looks very full of enchantment and stories already! You are inspiring me to read the books! I watched part of one movie, but it was too much for me... I think reading will be better.

Lav, so sorry about the antibiotics! Be careful - I’m sure you know how dangerous those cat scratches can be. The dish you made sounds delish! Keep posting your food experiments... it might inspire me...

PPQ, so glad things are quiet- and yes, planning for spring would def be a challenge for me. (Unless it’s Garden Catalogs)

SLO, please do stay on top of your knee cream... no sense being in pain. So glad that you had a good time with Huxley plus a nice lunch out...

Sam, hoping things are good for you -

Hello to Pauly and Det and all else stopping by...
    Cheers,
    TG

Comment

MAE ALL…

Mick…I had troubles with the forum yesterday as well. Looking forward to the updated castle picture. Hope you had a good night at yoga.

Slo…I wouldn’t ignore the low tire pressure light in the winter. As the temps drop you do loose pressure. I lost 13lbs overnight when our temps plummeted. CBD oil is wonderful.

TG…eaten a few cookies but never cleared my cache. :rotlf: Oooo, the guest is a “he”! I would love to be looking at garden catalogs instead of figuring out program dates and times.

Waves to Det, Pauly, Sam & Lav. Have a good night all….:smile:PPQP
      Last edited by porqoui; January 11, 2023, 06:18 PM.

Comment

Greetings friends,

We decided to do an evening run to Costco. Gas was $3.09/gal, stocked up on some necessities & some not totally necessary stuff haha! Cloudy all day, rain due here tomorrow.

Mick, glad you finally got logged in. The site does seem a bit slow or something. Nice the bunnies had a chance to go out.

Cyn, I didn’t really need the antibiotic (in my mind), I’ve been getting bitten by this kitten all along. He plays rough & I just need to be quicker at punching him in the face Lol
        Tonight’s feast was oat flour waffles with a touch of sourdough starter for extra flavor, yum. I hope you enjoy visit with your friend.

PQ, no worries, my hands are looking better already & I dare any of these animals to get near me today haha!!
        Hope yuor day was good.

Slo, good you enjoyed your Huxley day. Their personalities really start to come out at that age
        The CBD oil is really effective, surprised me, the only reason we tried it was because of the Amish folks around here. I’ve noticed tire pressure changes with the colder weather too, just so you’re safe driving!

Hello to Sam, Pauly & Det.
        Have a nice night all!

Lav
        AF since 03/26/09
        NF since 05/19/09
        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

hiya all..how are we today then? hope all is well.Just got back from Manchester ...went down on the tram,to see the motorhome exhibition...it was a small one so didnt take long .Just got in and its started hammering down.Enjoyed yoga last night ,aching ...but a good ache if that makes sense.

hiya Lav ,how are you doing?hope all is good ..Gas at costco over here is about $8 a gal.site was really slow yesterday ,and it took too long hence the computer binned me off .got the rabbits out this morning before we went out thank goodness ..if the rain stops then they can get out again .

hiya ppqp...how are you doing? hope you are doing ok.the site is a lot better to log into today...bit more done on the castle ...Ive still got work to do ..lighting etc plus the surrounding area when its put back on the railway..yep eaten a few cookies too.....I enjoyed yoga.

20230111_183027.jpg

hiya teegee how are you doing today? hope all is good in teegeesville .Read your post ....had to read your post twice ...thought it said "had to clean and spliff up ":woohoo2: Reading the stories is good ..the films are good but they dont portray the story as such .

hiya Slo how are you doing today then? hows the knee? Ive never tried cbd oil..the law over here in relation to it is stupid ...no sun here today!glad you enjoyed yourself yesterday

hiya Sam n Pauly hope you are well.
          af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Mae all,

Quick post from me, as I have a guest right now. Nice to have company, and it reminds me that I might become a little "feral" if I don't seek out company more often. Yesterday was a tough Homeless Meal day; short-handed and behind, I packed (for the 200 lunches) individual small plastic containers/lids with high-end yogurt that had been donated... my hands still hurt from opening dozens of cartons and putting those damn lids on! All for a good cause, but we were behind, so a little panicky. I'm going to offer to come in a do prep a day before... senseless to be stressed out on a mission of peace!

Not much else is going on... my friend who is visiting is a composer, and is writing an instrumental piece about addiction to alcohol... so we had a good long chat about that... fascinating to see how the "shame" model still exists prominently in the world even today.

Cold, high winds and a little snow here today... makes me realize how easy our winter has been up until now...

May we all be well,
            TG

Comment

Greetings friends,

It was cloudy all day & now the rain has moved in. It hit `59 degrees this afternoon but felt colder. I know temps will be dropping a bit but not really that much. Rain this winter in place of snow? OK, haha!!

Mick, I was happy to fill up the gas tank at that price last evening. That was an even lower price than what I pay in Maryland. Pinching pennies has become a new sport, haha!!
              The website seems to be happier today so that’s good. Hope your bunnies got another chance to go outside. You’re not in the market for another motorhome, are you? Just curious??

Cyn, I can’t imagine you becoming feral Lol. I think after nearly 20 years of living here in cow country I am about half feral haha!! I go for days & days without seeing a neighbor but I do hear the roosters at the Amish farm two doors down & the horses at the horse farm across the road. None of them talk much, haha!! Glad you’re enjoying time with your guest, sounds nice. Please don’t overextend yourself with the volunteer program. We owe it to ourselves to protect our boundaries :hug:

PQ, hope your day was good, easy, etc

Slo, hope your day was good as well.

Hello to Sam, Pauly & Det.

Have a nice night all!
              Lav
              AF since 03/26/09
              NF since 05/19/09

Comment

MAE ALL..

Quiet day at work today. Got a good start on programing the Spring programs and I’m now at the point where I need input from others. I wish childcare would get there act together as I need to set up the summer day camps and the fall term programs. It’s a lot of work and the sooner I can get started the better.

Lav…I was wondering if you were having problems with the site when I didn’t see your post. Checked before I went to bed and there you were. I slept better. LOL Glad your hands are looking better. I laughed when you said you just have to be quicker at punching them in the face. It does sound like you’re going to get rain instead of snow this year. Hope it doesn’t decide to move in during March.

Mick…good job on getting to Manchester and back before the rain hit. Glad you enjoyed yoga and the castle looks great. Can’t wait to see it with lights and on the train setup. Hope your weather breaks so you can get the bunnies out more often.

TG…sounds like you really had your work cut out for you yesterday. I think a prep day the day before is an excellent idea. Just takes some of the pressure off. Interesting that your friend is doing an instrumental piece about addiction to alcohol, I’m sure the chat was helpful. It is sad that the shame model still exists.

The double batch of spaghetti sauce turned out great and the co-worker was ecstatic about her birthday present. So no cooking tonight, the boys actually just headed out to get tacos.

Shout out to Det, Sam, Pauly and Slo. Have a good night all….:smile:PPQP
                Last edited by porqoui; January 12, 2023, 07:28 PM.

Comment

I had a good day as I went out to lunch with my sister and our cousin from our dad’s side. And on my way there a cousin from my mom’s side called me! I’m enjoying re-connecting with cousins from my childhood.
                  So cousin has three kids the same ages as my three oldest kids, and I was shocked to learn that two of her three kids are struggling with alcoholism. Her youngest daughter went through treatment and is approaching three years sober, and is finally moved out of their house as of this Fall. Now her son is moved in with them after his wife kicked him out. She helped him through a detox, but on the third day (this past Saturday), he started hallucinating and then had a seizure. So off he went to detox (where he hadn’t wanted to go), and he’s now in the same rehab facility that his sister was in.
                  Cousin is such a nurturing mother, and doesn’t hardly ever drink. But her first husband was from a real barfly type of family (“They spend a lot of time in the tavern “ -as my aunt put it) , so maybe they come by it epigenetically.
                  So I let her know about my alcoholism, and twin sister about hers…and offered up that brother was in court a couple miles away for his 2nd DUI while we were lunching…a real heart-to-heart! It feels good to just be honest in our older age. No more pretenses.
                  Last edited by Slo; January 12, 2023, 08:05 PM.
                  Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.

Comment

I can easily believe that you’re working on the Spring programs, PQ;since it’s already January. Glad your spaghetti sauce was so well-received!

TG, it’s too bad that donated high-end yogurt didn’t come already packaged in individual containers. Yes, something like that could be done the day before, like some of the other things you have done ahead.
                    The “shame model” of alcohol addiction still exists because AA still exists.

I love the rocks and grass and gravel path around Hogwarts, Mick. It’s so realistic-looking.

I dislike cat scratches and nips/bites from Boyd! Glad your hands are healing, Lav.

Tomorrow I head up to help greatly pregnant daughter with the toddlers while her husband is out of town.

Have a good night!

Comment

mae all...how are we today then? hope all is good .Poets day today..the weekend has arrived.Pouring down with rain here and really strong winds. Dont know whether this is the alleged weather like the beast from the east that we were told about .Its pretty frustrating trying to get the rabbits out in this.Weather dependent I may go detecting this weekend

hiya Slo how are you ? hope all is well,Have a good time at your daughters.Does she live far from you ?glad you are having a good time connecting with your family .Yep ,alcohol doesn't have specific targets ....

hiya ppqp ...how are you doing?quiet day yesterday? excellent.Are you still working half day Fridays?do you still play bridge ..Yes I went into Manchester yesterday. its not a place I choose to frequent ,even though I used to work there ..the old city and its architecture is diluted now with massive towering and I mean towering skyscrapers ..living in a box hundreds and hundreds of feet up in the air ..no thanks.Walked down one street and there were 29 fast food shops !whether Im of an age or its the way things have gone I dont know but it doesn't sit with me .hope your weekend is a good one

hiya Lav how are you doing today then? hope all is well ...nope definitely not in the market for a new motorhome ,this one is really good .A 6 berth ,with plenty of room a 2019 plate with 8k miles on it ..Id struggle to get one better..plus there is a massive waiting list for them ..most of the big dealers have a 12 month waiting list .Raining like mad here,hopefully it will go off .I was going to fill the water tank and heater up in the van today just to check that there were no leaks ,but looking at the weather forecast forget it ..temps over the weekend ..and next week show projected minuses ,and also snow!!Im quite happy to go for days and days without seeing folk .have a good weekend .

hiya teegee ..well done to you for helping out ..its really good of you,but remember you owe it to look after yourself too.

right good people have a great weekend .
                      af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Good evening friends,

The sun made a short appearance today
                        The cat caves I ordered arrived today. Beasty boy jumped right in his & took a nap. Luna sniffed at hers for a minute then walked away, haha.
                        2C6C7D97-89E1-4477-A327-389C01C0DC13.jpg

PQ, keep pestering people for the things you need at work. Eventually they’ll get tired of you & give you what you want, Lol
                        I have had zero problems with Luna, it’s just the junior cat that wants to destroy my skin integrity!!! Such a Beast!!! We had what sounded like a ton of rain last night but when I checked this morning it was only about half an inch, weird.

Cyn, hello to yu & hope you are well!

Slo, my cousins are spread across the country so there’s little chance we will ever see one another again. That’s nice that you were able to reconnect. Sorry t o hear all all the people with AL issues in the family. Really makes you wonder how that’s possible. AL is a real sneaky b*stard
                        I hope you had a great day with the toddlers as exhausting as they are!!!

Mick, looks like it’s going to be a damp weekend for a lot of us. It will be a 3 day weekend over here, Martin Luther King day is Monday. At least the rainy weather gives you a chance to work on your castle which is already looking great! I think your RV will keep you happy for years to come.

Hello to all & wishing everyone a nice night!
                        Lav
                        Last edited by Lavande; January 13, 2023, 06:30 PM.
                        AF since 03/26/09
                        NF since 05/19/09

Comment

MAE ALL…:yay: It’s the weekend :yay: Another good day, getting lots of projects finished and not thinking
                          about the new one’s the boss has come up with. LOL

Slo…another meal out, good for you. You made me think of my boys when you said you were enjoying
                          yourself re-connecting with your cousins, that’s what they’ve been doing and really enjoying it. Isn’t it
                          nice to have a heart-to-heart and just be honest. I’m with you.

Mick…you and your rain! Hope you’re able to go detecting tomorrow, it’s been a while. The half day
                          Fridays are a thing of the past and the bridge group has folded. Nobody would step up and run it and I
                          can’t anymore, I actually have to work. You wouldn’t catch me living in a box in the sky either. It’s a
                          shame that things have to change so much. 29 fast food shops!! Hope you have a good weekend no
                          matter what you get up to.

Lav…beasty boy...I like it. I'm going with that. Love the cat caves. I'm getting a little nervous with this weather being around 50-60F all weekend and next week. Hope we don't get dumped on in March. I've been watching the storm path along the east coast and was wondering if you were getting hit with any of it. I gave childcare a break this week as it was there first week back after the break. But, next week I'm going to be on them!

It's fish & chips for supper tonight, wonder if I can find a newspaper. LOL Shout out to Det, Pauly, Sam & TG. Have a good night all....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Mae all,

Another short post from me, sorry. This virus is still hanging on... not terrible, but still annoying and taking the starch out of me. My apartment guest is gone, so now back to a little bit more normal. It was nice to have company though. I finally felt better enough to go visit my 96-year old friend who lives nearby... I brought a little meal for her to heat up for dinner, and we had a short chat. The connection is good for both of us.

I gave myself the gift of a "real" puzzle, so I no longer have my little dining table... it is now home to a 500-piece puzzle. This is my first one in my life, believe it or not. I get such a spark of joy when the puzzle piece fits with another and there is that satisfying "snap". Love it!

Mick, sorry about the weather... someday you'll get those furry pals together. I hear you about the boxes in the sky and the fast food joints. I hope somewhere in England there will still be pub food and fish and chips if I ever get back there...

Lav, glad you hands are healing! The "caves" sound pretty fun... I hope Luna explores...

PPQ - long weeks! Congrats on your spaghetti gift. Hoping you have a good weekend!

SLO - yes, I think more conversations about AL and families and getting it out of our lives is a good thing. Good for you!

That's me for now... wishing all a good weekend -
                            TG

Comment

Mae all how are we today then?hope all is well .A pretty miserable weather weekend here it's really blowing and raining..I am bringing those 2in and out all the time. Atm Bonnie in the dining room, Argyl in the conservatory.

Hiya lav..they look absolutely brilliant!!. Yes done most of the castle now..just waiting for the lights,and then I've got to make Hogsmead Station and the village the railway station was based on one not far from me called Goathland.
                              Julie has nearly finished a room in her dolls house

IMG-20230113-WA0001.jpg

Hope you have a good weekend

Hiya teegee hope you are feeling OK today good for you with the puzzle..corners and straights..yes today was another of those days that they didn't get a lot of time out together. As for proper fish and chippies..the best one is on the harbour at Whitby.. its famous. You take care and have a good weekend

Hiya ppqp how are you doing?pity about the bridge club so what's the new project your boss has on the cards?now you are talking..fish n chips in newspaper...oh yes an a portion of scraps . .lovely ..enjoy your weekend.

Right folks time to go take care

Comment

The babies are napping now, so I have my knee up and resting it. I can see I need to get up here regularly to try to help daughter with these kids, as she’s having terrible back pain with this pregnancy, and is getting pretty far along.

Mick, this daughter lives due north of me, and hour and a half drive away.
                                Other than the chandelier, I thought Julie’s doll house room was a real room that I was looking at! It is gorgeous!
                                That’s cool that the railroad station for the Harry Potter movies was based on a station right near you.
                                Good thing you got your motor home when you did!
                                That’s too bad that old Manchester has been ruined by “progress”.

Lav, Boyd might like a cat canopy bed like you got your cats, since it turns out he likes to find a tunnel and burrow under the covers. Your cute little beast looks to like it!

I got Beckett a farm floor puzzle for his birthday, and he has liked figuring out -with help -how to put it together. He seems to have a little engineering mind, like his dad.
                                Two of my daughters are sick with a virus that has/had them pretty sick, and is difficult to shake.

Happy weekend to all around!

Comment

Working...
                                X