Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 22 Jan

Mae all -

PPQ, excellent news on your health and going home... so sorry you had to go through all of this... I hope whatever has caused it has gone away. It will be great to have you back in the land of "adequate" internet. Be safe!

Lav, believe it or not, we have flocks of wild turkeys here in this city too - they particularly like the golf course close by. Amazing how kids change so quickly... it was interesting to hear that your grandson in not "little buddy" anymore. Glad you got the spray bottle for the kitty! I forgot to recommend that, as I know many friends with cats... I guess that is the one thing that they really hate! Hoping that your days are quieter now, and happy.

Mick, so you used the spray bottle technique for the bunnies! Did it work well? I'll go back and look at the pics of the kitties, I bet they are cute. AND, HAPPY Robert Burns DAY! I saw all the delicacies that one is supposed to have on this night... I'm not sure that I could pronounce them! I also saw a Canadian and Scots Rugby player having a convo on certain Scottish phrases... "That's Boggin"..."Gien it Lawdly"..."Gaun Yurself... were a few I wrote down. Can't remember what they meant! But if you are celebrating, I hope it is a good night.

Wishing all well - and inviting anyone struggling to hop on... we have all been through it...
    Cheers,
    TG

Comment

Good morning!

Today’s the big day, PQ! I too hope you can capitalize on the gift of this cigarette-free week, and keep it going! You have a good start now! Your lungs will thank you. My friend’s son had a spontaneous pneumothorax when he was a 22-year-old college student! Scary.

Turkeys were reintroduced to our state a couple decades ago, and now they are all over the place here.

Binky is a cute little black kitty! I like his name too.
      My ex always called our cat Boyd “the Beast”. Because he likes dogs and not cats. So now I have the cat and he has the dog.

“Never question the decision”. Thank you for that, TG. RE my divorce, my new mantra will be, “Browbeaten! Never question the decision.” (Lav has been trying to tell me forever to stop rethinking about it all.)

That’s exciting to get to see a rocket launch, Lav. That’s sure something one doesn’t see every day.

I can relate to your adult-like 14-year-old grandson, Lav; because my 14-year-old nephew is suddenly so big and grown-up! I hardly recognize him. And he moved into their basement guest bedroom so he can have his own space from his “little” brother (only 1 1/2 years younger), and is getting into music now…

The jokes were funny, Mick! Especially the “but I’m on the fence” one.
      Your mouth must feel stretched out after an hour in the dentist’s chair.

Today I’ll be heading up to D1’s house to enjoy and hopefully be helpful with the young grandchildren.
      Last edited by Slo; January 26, 2023, 07:07 AM.
      Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.

Comment

Hiya all.how are we doing today then?everyone good?not long back from the vets. Got their nails clipped..Bonnie's were really long .Aching a bit from yoga last night but a nice ache..if that's logical.
        Might not be on here till late tomorrow. Got to go down to Derby.

Hiya slo..how are you doing?how are your baby minding skills doing today?mouth isn't that bad. Not as bad as I thought it would be . Remember...positive....

Hiya teegee how's you doin?hope life is a wee brammer fur ye yep I gave it laldy last night. Haggis tatties n neeps. All that was missin wiz the wee nippy sweetie.,but that's no ma bag nae mair. Ah dinnae partake of the falliin doon juice nae mair..there you go. Something for you to translate

Bogging.....filthy,dirty..alternatives mingin bowfin hoachin
        Gien it laldy..doing something with gusto
        Gaun yersel...on you go. Go for it. Words of encouragement

Hope you are ok

Hiya lav..Happy haircut to you...no snow???its your turn for snow Rabbit fights ain't too pretty to watch .mouth isn't too bad today. Both mine are subdued, but that's because they don't like travelling .hope you have a good day

Hiya ppqp..how are you today then?are you back at home yet?have you got any support or people looking after you?Best of luck with the no smoking �� too.

Right peeps take care. Have a good day
        af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Greetings friends,

Still looking for the sun but at least it didn’t rain today. Our TV weather guy just said the 3+” of rain we’ve had so far this month would have been 30” of snow!!!!! No thanks!!!!
          Hopefully when we do get some snow it’s not nearly that much, haha!

Cyn, more likely than not these turkeys are offspring of the ones my brother-in-law raised & turned loose around here years before we arrived. Apparently the PA Game Commission was worried that there were too few left so he thought he would help out.
          I only sprayed the kitten once yesterday & he hasn’t tried to bite me since, go figure, hope all is well with you

Slo, I’ve been meaning to ask - how are your gas prices? You do so much driving, could get to be a real pain in the wallet. Hope your grandkid day was good

Mick, glad all the manicuring is done. Glad I don’t have to take the chickens in haha!!
          I still can’t imagine eating haggis but I suppose some people still do. Maybe in my next life?

PQ, hope you made it home OK & are comfy as possible.

Hello to Sam, Pauly & Det.

Have a nice night all.
          Lav
          AF since 03/26/09
          NF since 05/19/09
          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

MAE ALL...

Still here at the hospital. The ultrasound department wouldn't even answer their phones today. We shall see what tomorrow brings.

Have a good night all....PPQP

Comment

Good early morning! I didn’t sleep well last night, and have been awake for hours. Mabel & Beckett are awake too, and watching their shows. Maybe a nana nap will have to happen when they nap!
              Child-minding is going fine. I’m the official bather now, since D2 can’t bathe Huxley with her injured wrist, and D1 can’t hardly bathe Mabel & Beckett with her painful back and hugely pregnant belly.
              I don’t mean that I “show” them how to feed babies; I just go about quietly feeding them, and they passively see other ways and other foods to feed them besides the nonsense currently on the Internet. Like, you can use a spoon! You can purée food for babies, and mince food for young toddlers! You can feed babies baby cereals! Etc.

There’s more snow up this way, and it’s bright & pretty.

Gas prices are much better here than they were this Summer. My mother fills my tank often when I drive her places.

TG, let us know what Mick said if you get all that Scottish translated!

Well that’s a bummer that you’re marooned at the hospital, PQ. Unless you don’t mind it there…

Nails are trimmed, so we’re getting closer to the big dust-up when the bunnies get together!

I have a hungry girl here, so time to get the day going.
              Last edited by Slo; January 27, 2023, 08:05 AM.

Comment

Mae all how are we doing?hope all is well. Just got back from Derby..220 mile round trip decent drive though it was really foggy over the moors.Out detecting this weekend. So hopefully I'll find something weather is dry here though raining earlier..hope everyone has a good weekend
                af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

ME ALL...

Ultrasound complete. Just waiting for results and an estimated time of discharge. Hopefully next post will be from home. :yay:

Have a good night all....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Greetings friends!

PQ, I can’t believe your discharge is being held up for an US. That would NEVER happen here, the insurance companies would burst into flames LOL
                    I’m happy yo are almost home

Slo, you’re going to have wrinkled fingers after bathing so many kids, haha. It’s great that you are there to help your daughters.
                    Hope you get a chance to rest up after such a busy week!

Mick, glad your trip went well & you’re back home safely. Good luck with your weekend detecting.

Cyn, are you home or on the road again?

Nothing big planned for the weekend here so I’ll find something to do to keep me out of trouble, haha!
                    Have a nice night all!

Lav
                    AF since 03/26/09
                    NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Mae all,

Lav, I am at home... but very busy with evenings spent with this dear elder person whose family has asked me to be with in the evenings. Cuts the day kinda short... we'll see how long they need me. So glad the spray bottle is getting the message across to Davey... better than all those scratches! Are you gearing up for any more embroidery? Or just dreaming about the garden?

Mick, thanks for the explanations! I guessed at some, but others... forget it! How much do people use the real Scots language now? I find it fascinating... I got those phrases from a video where a Scots rugby player was quizzing a Canadian teammate... very funny! Glad that your mouth is okay after all the work. And hopefully now the nails are taken care of you'll be able to put those to pals together for a bit longer.. slow as she goes, I'm sure. Good luck!

Slo - I can't keep up with you! I hope all is well in your world of babies and driving!

PQ - SO sorry that you had to stay in the hospital another night... I'm crossing fingers that you are home by now, and I'm sending you speedy healing!!

There was beautiful sunlight here today, and the light stayed well until 6 PM! I felt like it was spring indeed! Just that little window will sustain us here while the temps drop next week. At least the days are noticeably longer... bliss!

Sending hellos out to all stopping by - if you are new here, welcome! There is such comfort in walking this path with others that understand...
                      Cheers all,
                      TG

Comment

hiyaall...how are we doing today then? all good? .weather is nice out there ,both the rabbits arein the garden in separate sides with a fence ...Im going to put them together again today...see what happens .out detecting tomorrow,

hiya teegee ,how are you doing?hope you are ok ...yep Spring is on the way though they keep telling us that we have got another beast from the east coming!On top of the language there are different dialects ..and they complicate it even more...Borders west coast east coast Glasgow Edinburgh Aberdeen Dundee,Fife they have all their own words and phrases ,and then you get the highlands on top of that .. and then there is a language called Doric ..Doric dialect (Scotland) - Wikipedia have a guid yin.

hiya Lav how are you doing today then? hope all is well with you.Same here as your health service ....youd have been whizzed out of the hospital by now.!!!yep trip went good ,I enjoyed it .See what tomorrow brings in the detecting .

hiya ppqp...are you home yet?take it easy this weekend.

Slo ...how are you doing? hope you are well.hope you have a good weekend.

big shout to everyone else .

Comment

Good morning! I am fine; mostly just blowing noses here as both kids are sick. For some reason Beckett doesn’t wipe his own nose; just says, “My nose!!” every 5 minutes, and Grandma wipes the copious snot away.
                          I seem to get blamed here whenever the kids wake up early or don’t nap when they’re supposed to (like I can control this! You can lead a horse to water…), so felt vindicated this morning when Beckett woke up at the same early time today as he did yesterday, and son-in-law couldn’t get him to sleep any longer either.

Mabel’s awake…gotta go.

Comment

MAE ALL...

Still in the hospital. Didn't hear anything about my echo scan but like the nurse said if it was bad news you'd have heard something. Fingers crossed I'm evicted today.

Will check back later and bring you up to date....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Evening greetings friends,

We saw a few quick glimpses of sun but nothing to write home about haha! Temps are relatively mild, 50 ish. Football playoff game tonight on TV so I’ll be in my shop working on a pillow for someone. I couldn’t care less about football or any professional sport honestly. Rather un-American of me I guess

Cyn, there you are . That’s nice that you’re close enough to help care for the elder.
                              I had to resort to the spray bottle again yesterday after the Beast ripped open two more spots on my hand, ugh. He sneaks up & comes out of nowhere when I’m not looking, the devil haha!
                              I’ve decided to forego the spring & summer craft shows this year so I can have more time to play outside with the flowers & such. The fall & pre-Christmas shows are much busier & people are ready to shop which makes all the work worthwhile. I’ll see how that goes this year, can always switch things next year if I’m still kicking Lol

Mick, glad you & the rabbits had some outside time.
                              So when you get weather from the east is it usually cold & wet? Just guessing!!! I hope your detecting day is fruitful for you.

Slo, kids & snotty noses……and teaching them how to blow their noses is crazy, haha!
                              My son never actually slept thru the night until he was about 3 1/2 or 4 yrs old. That was my first clue he was ADHD. Thought i’d lose my mind at that point. He changed. His tune when we went camping one weekend & I told him the people that ran the campground said everyone HAS to sleep all night or they will be sent home. It worked!!!! I used the same reasoning to get him potty trained too, he was lazy about that as well. I’ve never told him about that, I think I’ll keep the secret

PQ. Wow, I sure hope you are home now! I would be pitching a fit if they did that to me, Lol. Just hope you’re feeling well :hug:

Have a nice night all.
                              Lav
                              AF since 03/26/09
                              NF since 05/19/09

Comment

MAE ALL..I am home. :yay:

The Doc's came by at 8am announced my echo was perfect and gave me the all clear to go home.
                                Finally was able to leave about 4pm, it was a long day.
                                I'm feeling just fine and am planning to go back to work on Monday.
                                I did smoke when I got home, somehow it just felt like freedom.
                                They had me on the Nicorette patch in the hospital and it seemed to work pretty good.
                                I am planning on picking some up and starting again on Monday, not planning on going anywhere tomorrow.
                                I will check in with everyone tomorrow....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Working...
                                X