7th May

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 7th May

MAE ALL...managed to get all my work done and only stayed 1 hour into my time off. I will make that up.

Lav...I can't believe how much Pickleball has exploded up here. It's all over the news with lots of pros and cons. The main complaint is the noise, hard paddles and balls, to me it's the "entitlement" attitude of the players. Oh well, that's on the bosses plate. LOL Do you know how the Amish auction went? Did your rain arrive today? We're still rainy and overcast, tomorrow is supposed to be nicer. Good thing as I have a lunch date with a friend. Was hoping to do a patio but now it's a little chilly.

TG...we were hitting heatwaves last week, into the 80's. Cooled down with rainy weather which was a good thing for all the fires. I thought of you when they compared one of the fires to the size of New York City. Didn't mean anything to me but I bet you could visualize it. I've got things under control at work and actually implemented our new booking procedures with the accountant today. Made a big difference pressure wise, got my portion done in about 1/2 hour and everything got turned over to her. Out of sight, out of mind.

Pi...I hope the rain wasn't too heavy and that the drive was ok. I had the same thought as Lav, aren't they a little old for taking on such a big dog? Hope everything went ok and that you're back safe and sound.

Mick...at this point I don't know if I'd trust the test, I gage it on how I felt and it sounds like you're doing much better. Especially with all that work you did this morning. Sorry Julie is still going through it and hope she's not too sick. I kind of like the pathway your brother is on. My mom never did have chemo, by the time they discovered anything it was throughout her whole body. Hope Julie's Dad continues to improve.

Slo...hope you had a good day.

Shout out to Det & Sam, always thinking of you.

Going to see if the BBQ actually works and grill up some chicken kabobs. If I run out of propane I can always finish them in the oven. Have a good evening all...:smile:PPQP

Comment

Greetings friends,

Decided on an after dinner run to Costco for some stuff, less crowded that time of day so it’s easier to get out haha! We had just enough rain to dampen the deck this morning, I ended up watering plants myself this afternoon. So much for weather predicting haha!

Cyn, I could tell you some serious stories about the pooper brothers when I was growing up. They made sure I didn’t fit into anything they were doing.
      My after dinner walk was in Costco tonight, not as nice as a walk around a lake. Hope you get more rest tonight, I need some too.

PIe, I hope your journey went well & you’re home by now. Very kind of you to do all that driving. The pup was lucky to have you these past weeks.

Mick, glad you’re in the positive zone now. Hope Julie’s Dad was OK today.

PQ, I hear you about the ‘entitled attitudes’ of the aged sports pretenders haha! Do you have an ambulance housed nearby the community center? It won’t be long before one of them drops.
      I don’t think YB will know about his auction sales until later in the week. It’s really an interesting place if you’re willing to buy in bulk. When the veggies hit the auction later in the year buyers come from all over including New York! We occasionally pick up a 1/2 bushel of sweet potatoes or apples or other long keepers. Last year yB got big boxes of green beans & lima beans & canned them all. I stay out of that project, hate sweating over the stove LOL

Slo, hope you had a good day!

Have a nice night all!
      Lav
      AF since 03/26/09
      NF since 05/19/09
      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Good morning!

I finally slept almost 8 hours the night before last! Felt so adequately rested, finally!

We had a beautiful day here yesterday, with another one promised today! It felt so good to be able to be out on my bike, and with hardly any wind either!

PQ, wish you could lunch on the patio today with your friend, like you would be able to do here today. I love to hear about how you are getting the workload distributed more evenly at work. And you can enjoy your day off even more, knowing that you got your work done! Did the kabobs turn out?

Mick, finally you got to see your brother! Chemo is brutal, and often does not work…at least he is not going through that, and there are other options.

You really needed a sister, Lav! So sorry that all the siblings ended up being boys.
        Tonight I will drive up to D1?s house to be there and ready to help with the grandkids tomorrow. Then back up there on Saturday for a little birthday celebration for Mabel?s 2nd birthday.

TG, maybe I should stay off my screens in the evening to help promote sleep -or get some of those sunglasses.
        I just love the pond in my condo complex too! Water is so peaceful.
        I finally found a nice set of wicker rockers with a little table for my deck yesterday!

Pie, I hope the drive went well yesterday, and thankful that Big Boy finally has a new home now to settle into, after you got him all fixed up.

Wishing all a great day ahead! Or a good night ahead, whatever the case may be.
        Last edited by Slo; May 10, 2023, 07:58 AM.
        Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.

Comment

Hello everyone and how are we today then question mark hope everyone is well. Apologies as you can see I am on the phone, I am just nipping up to see Julie's dad, who is still in the hospital who stop Julie obviously still cannot go because she is still positive, and then I have to get back because I have a doctor's appointment for stop I'm not going to waste this appointment it's taking me over three weeks to get it! Pouring down with rain here, at least the plants are growing well! Just went out and bought and air fryer, yes we are moving into modern times here! Apart from that everything is doing well comma are as well as can be expected hope everyone is doing okay. Pi hope things are well with you keep at it stay positive you can do it!
          af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Hi All,
            Doggie delivery went very well yesterday. I think the man was pleased with his new fur child. His wife didn’t make the trip. Reps from the adoption group will be checking in with them, so think I’ll wait a few days to inquire how it’s going. I’m happy to be back to just 12 paws around here. Another rainy day, so doing a jigsaw puzzle and listening to sober podcasts. Such an exciting day in the Life of Pie.

PQ, how’d that BBQ turn out?

Comment

Hey friends,

Had a nice day here. Picked up more flowers to plant in pots on my deck. The Amish greenhouse folks like to see us coming
              I actually got my 1 hour of walking in today, go figure. Just got back from a walk with the doggie.

Slo, when I was growing up all my friends had at least one sister so I had real sister jealousy even though they spent a lot of time fighting haha! I think you’re lucky to have a sister or two as you grow older, something I’ll never know for sure. Glad your weather is acceptable for outdoor activities. Happy upcoming birthday to Mabel.

Mick, around here it sometimes takes months to get a doctor’s appointment especially if you’re looking for a new one. YB’s doc closed his practice so he’s just made an appointment with a new guy for August!!! I hope Julie & her Dad are OK. I’ll give you a hint with the air fryer - cut your cooking time in half in most instances! Unless you are following a recipe written for air fryers you are going to have to decrease cooking time. For instance, a 1 pound turkey meatloaf baked in the air fryer in 30 minutes where it usually takes 1 hour in the big oven. Definitely a good energy savings

Pie, glad your trip went well to deliver the doggie.
              As far as life excitement goes I think we’re in the same boat haha! Nothing big ever seems to go on around here so I have to make fun out of the little things like buying more plants, Lol
              Retirement certainly wasn’t easy getting used to after working like a crazy person for all those years

PQ, hope your day was good & in complete control!!!!

Have a nice night all!

Lav
              AF since 03/26/09
              NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Mae all,

Good to read how all are doing...

Mick, what a people and places and things you are figuring out. Good luck with it all - how are the rabbits coping? Do they like the warmer weather? Here's hoping Julie has a negative test tomorrow...

Pi - congrats on your "delivery" of the pup - I hope all goes well in the new home. It must bring you such a sense of satisfaction when these things work out. I love that you are listening to podcasts!! Do you listen to Annie Grace? Lots of folks have liked hers...

SLO - shoot, I don't remember what I was going to say to you! Geez, my mind is not very clear at the end of the day... (more on that below). Sending you good wishes for whatever is going on!!

PPQ - sounds like you have the situation "wrangled", good for you. My step-daughter sent me a small-is tabletop grill (propane) for mother's day- I can't wait to learn how to use it! Looking forward to grilled vegies...

Lav, your growing up sounds rough -- no wonder you turned into a Strong Nurse! Good for you! Survival. I'm glad you are getting time and weather cooperating to let you be outside a bit. How are all the cats? Is outside cat still hanging around?

Just by chance, I heard an interview on NPR about the book that I had hoped someone was writing - about the hard effects of Long Covid. I have had such a hard time with cognitive issues since being sick in February... The book is by a VAnderbilt U prof - James Jackson - titled "Clearing the Fog" talking about cognitive rehabilitation after Covid - you can actually get better... that was great news to hear. I'm purchasing the book - it describes the condition and also gives ideas of strategies for getting better. Thank Goodness! I'm not crazy! This is a real condition! Whew, what a relief. (Mick, do you know about the "Oliver ?Zanewell Center in Ely, England? This author thinks that it is a world-class Cognitive Rehab Center. I might have to make a visit...)

Wishing all well and happy,
                TG

Comment

hiya all,wow .it feels like I havent sat at this laptop for yonks!!everything done on the phone ,..its 530 am ,couldnt sleep ,plus I love this time of day ,the world is coming to life ..I dont know if thats me ,or a throwback to army days.I f we were in the field ,you used to have to "stand to" around first light for an hour or so.The theory behind that was it was the most viable time to be attacked by the enemy ..trouble was it was a welll known fact ,so anyone wishing to do harm wouldnt even consider that time!!
                  Busy day yesterday ,saw Julies dad ,saw the doctor and used the air fryer ,I must say ,the airfryer is brill...even the food tastes different..my brother was singing is praises ,and for him to spend money ..he makes me look like Andrew Carnegie ..
                  the saga goes on about the sky wiring the rabbit chewed through ..the power plug was one lead she did in ,and because I mended it ..rather unprettily ,they wouldnt send an engineer out,because the the tests show no fault .fortunately the main place is in Glasgow ,so I spent ages on the phone talking to this lady about Glasgow ,(where I used to live)and how it had changed blah blah ,and in the end she agreed to send an engineer out ..he is here this morning .
                  We are looking at taking the van away for a break this weekend ..the weather looks gorgeous ,so we will go local and take the car ...that way Julie can go see her dad in the hosp ..her isolation time is up today .tbh we could do with a little break ,
                  I must say ,if I had been on the booze there is no way I could have done all this either physically ,mentally or indeed logistically .I t is 5.30 and Im watching the horses in the field ,and listeng to the magpies and crows fighting whilst a heron looks on!

hiya Slo ,how are you doing?hope all is well with you .Yes I saw my brother ,one confused guy ,but he sounded pretty desperate on the phone ..yes he is very poorly but to see him kind of put my mind at ease a bit after some of our conversations ..you take care of yourself .

hiya ppqp...how are things with you doing? I saw that article about the community gardens ...wow 10 years?I remember that starting !!hope all is well with you at work and home .

hiya Lav ..how are you doing?well done on the walk ..The Amish have definitely got a massive selection of plants...are their prices compatible..thanks for the tip on the air fryer..I really enjoyed it .hows the weather ? have you got the plants in?

hiya teegee how are you doing?there are issue with long covid that have never even been thought of yet ..my friend still has vertigo through long covid ...and he used to jump out of planes!!!that centre in Ely has closed down recently ,but here is their website .....

Oliver Zangwill Centre (OZC)

right folks ,brew time ...take care one and all....
                  af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

ppqp ...a blast from the past!?

346076327_3338114216499174_4545998636042225010_n.jpg

Comment

Good evening kids!

Very nice day here I must say. Getting warmer every day too, may look at putting the AC on soon, haha.
                      Just tried to walk down the road again with the dog & only got as far as the Amish house when I realized the kitten was following us - sneaky devil. I had to turn around so he would follow us home. I don’t want him getting comfortable walking on the road. Cars & trucks would never see him, ugh.

Cyn, it’s true that I’ve always felt like I had to battle for a place at the table. I’m definitely not shy at this point haha!
                      My inside cats like to hang outside most of the day with the deck cat, it’s a little gang of sorts. I’m going to have to remember to put the kitten inside before attempting to walk down the road from now on. I did hear mention of that book, should look into it myself just for the knowledge. I’ll bet there’s a lot of people who would benefit from reading that book. Take care.

Mick, glad to hear. Someone is going to look at the wires for you. We need our cable & internet these days, not optional!!
                      Good to hear you & Julie are planning a little break. I hope you have perfect weather & a lot of fun. Yep, I have all my plants in, fingers crossed. I used my air fryer tonight to heat up some leftovers, love that thing

Hello to PQ & Slo, hope you both had a great day!

Have a nice night all!
                      Lav
                      AF since 03/26/09
                      NF since 05/19/09

Comment

MAE ALL…was a good day at work. Boss ended up not coming in till 1pm and account had the day off. Got lots of work covered off and feel good about taking tomorrow off.

Lav…I waited for you to post yesterday and then forgot all about it. LOL I’m surprised Costco is less crowed after dinner even if it was a Tuesday. Aged sports pretenders..Love it..I’ll call lthem the ASP’s for short. LOL We actually do have an ambulance housed nearby, one block away. Good luck with YB’s sales, the bulk buying is why I don’t shop at Costco. I’m now on your post from yesterday. More flowers, I bet they’re glad to see you coming. Glad to hear your walk was outdoors this time. I have both brothers and sisters and sometimes I wish I was an only child. LOL And now onto today’s post. LOL How cute the kitten wanted to go with you. Our cool wet, weather is over and we’re headed to temps 15 degrees above normal, around 88F. Bad news for all the firefighters dealing with things up north.

Slo…I’m so jealous you got 8 hours in. Well done. It just amazes me that you’re out riding your bike. You be careful, don’t want to injure those knees. Alas, no patio but I had a fabulous lunch and we sat and chatted for 2 hours. The kabobs were excellent. Just as we were going to turn off the BBQ and bring them it the tank ran out of propane. Good timing, at least now I know I’ll be starting with a full tank.

Mick…did you make it to your Dr.’s appointment yesterday? I think I would buy an air fryer over an insta pot. Think I would use it more. Now onto your post from yesterday (my time). I love the early morning time too. Glad to hear you got to your appointment and that you like the air fryer. Going to have to google Andrew Carnegie LOL. You talker you, well done on getting the engineer sent. You two definitely deserve a break. You both need some together time away from everything else. I hope you have a great relaxing time. BATUS Camp Crowfoot, yup another blast from the past.

Pi…Glad the doggie delivery went ok. Fur child, LOL glad to hear the reps will be checking in with them. I have a feeling those 12 paws will morph into 16 soon enough. BBQ was a hit, looking forward to the next one.

TG…getting this new procedure in place with the accountant has sure made a huge difference in my stress level. Boss got a booking request from a renter who pushes my buttons. He tentatively booked it in the schedule and I emailed him to say now you have a new procedures to complete that booking. LOL Nice mother’s day gift, please let me know of any tricks for grilling vegetables. James Jackson’s book “Clearing the Fog” sounds promising for you. What a relief to know you’re not crazy. ��

Not sure what’s for dinner tonight, paycheque doesn’t hit the bank till midnight so refilling the propane tank has to wait. One more chore to do on my day off. Hope we all have a good night…:smile:PPQP

Comment

Hi All,

Internet outage at my condos most of today, and phone carrier also not functioning fully. Felt odd to be so disconnected. PQ, nice timing on the propane tank! I had chicken shishkabob for lunch today. Mick, I?m delighted to hear of your planned getaway this weekend. Hope it?s a refreshingly grand adventure! TG, yes, I love the Annie Grace podcasts. She says she drinks all she wants, anytime she feels like it, and hasn?t had a drink in eight years!
                          Last edited by Pie; May 11, 2023, 07:26 PM.

Comment

howdy all, been AWOL for awhile, overwhelmed by work, underwhelmed by motive. Lots of music these days 2 practices a week and 3 days of playing at cafe's and a local resort. I'll read back and get caught up on everyone is doing.

hugs and waves to all
                            Sam
                            Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Hello Sam! Mighty nice to see you!

Comment

hiya all how are we doing? hope all is good ...the weekend is on us ..supposed to be nice this weekend ...hopefully so,as we are offski in the van they got Julies dad up walking yesterday ,slow very slow,but they reckon he is mobile .they also did a social assessment on whether he can live at home or not ..they were amazed at what Julie has actually done ,and in fact they were actually asking her about the procedure of getting power of attorney etc!

hiya Sam ...lovely to see you mate..sounds like you are doing a lot on the tunes take care be safe...

hiya pie ,how are you doing?hope all is well.yes we are looking forward to the weekend .have you got the internet back on? they came and replaced all the cables that bonnie chewed through .

hiya ppqp,its the weekend !!phone off feet up.Yes I managed to see the doctor ...well it was in actual fact a muscular skeletal consultant .Really nice guy .yep the air fryer is good ....but theres a story with it ..the one I bought was 3.2 litres..cooks an ideal meal...if you are about 10!!so Julie took it back ...and got a 6 litre one ...a lot better ...cooked some chips in it ..they taste lovely .have a great weekend.

hiya Lav ...hows you then? hope all is good with you.so you have got a cat stalker have you.Yes internet and cabling is all fixed now ...I have put shields up around the router .Yes ,I like the fryer ,even although its early days yet ..hope you have a good weekend.

hope everyone has a great weekend .

Comment

Working...
                                X