29th October

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

29th October

Hiya all....at last!!tried a number of times to get on here today but with no success and i know lav has too.spot the deliberate mistake. I thought the clocks went back tonight. It was in fact last night. So been wandering around in my own wee time zone.went for a walk round one of the reservoirs the morning or at least i think it was morning, some beautiful colours th is afternoon took the 3 piece suite apart and took it out and reassembled it ready for a charity collection tomorrow. We have got the new suite coming..hope everyone has had a decent weekend ..

Screenshot_20231029_192559_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20231029_192702_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20231029_192133_Gallery.jpg

20231029_161722.jpg

Screenshot_20231029_192119_Gallery.jpg
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Re: 29th October

G’day!

I couldn’t load the site earlier today either.
    That swan is so elegant, Mick. I love that shot.
    Those lawn chairs won’t be gracing the sitting room for long!

The full moon kicked me upside down and sideways. Besides more discomfort & inflammation & depression & binge eating, I have been so tired; and needed to go to bed before 7 pm the last couple nights. Thankfully we’re finally past it now!

TG! It sure is a very physical job that you are doing. But you are doing it! I don’t think I would be able to. I’m surprised at the loss of energy that I have undergone with aging.

It has been quite cold & grey out here this weekend.

My ear has been hurting, and has bouts of ringing, ever since that episode with Beckett. And I can’t listen to a podcast through headphones with it since it’s too tender. No wonder you need earplugs when you visit your behavior problem grandson, Flyaway!
    There’s a story you have there about American Airlines. I can imagine a number of all-too-common scenarios.

PQ, I hope you are enjoying a computer-free, relaxing weekend.

I get it now ever more so why you need to stay away from your son & DIL’s house, Lav.

I like my new orthotics! I could even take a little walk outdoors today!

Hi to Wags and all who stop by and read.

Think I’ll go get my hoses in before the near freeze tonight.
    Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.

Comment

Greetings all,

Yep I had trouble with the site like Mick did. I actually get on at one point & started a new thread but it disappeared when I posted it, haha!
      Glad to see things working once again.

Mick, we have one of those zero gravity chairs on the deck, the cats love it for sunning themselves Lol
      We’ve had lots of clouds, a light rain shower & now the temp is dropping closer to where it should be this time of year. I just hope the 6 week old kittens stay warm & dry in the log pile. Why do these feral mothers insist on moving them every so often? That had a real cozy palace in the garage. Bet you’re going to love your new furniture.

Slo, the moon has screwed with my sleep the past 3 nights, ugh. Hoping for some improvement tonight.
      Glad you’re making good use of the orthotics already. I have to figure out how to get through the holidays while bypassing my DIL. This should be interesting Lol

Hello to PQ, Wags, Cyn, Pie & anyone else dropping by tonight.
      have a nice night all!

Lav
      AF since 03/26/09
      NF since 05/19/09
      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

MAE all!

Like several of you, I have not been able to get on this site to read or post. For me, it's been a problem for 2-3 days including today, and I already lost my first attempt to post this eve. I'm going to keep this short and sweet, hoping I can post this and not lose it.

Hellos and waves to Mick, Slo, Lav, and anyone else who is able to connect with this thread. Hopefully things will be more stable tomorrow!
        Toolbox/Toolkit

Comment

Good morning all!

I tried quite a few times yesterday to get on here but to no avail. Finally, as I was going to bed, I could get in, but I was too tired to post.

The short story with regard to American Airlines is that my husband and I were supposed to fly up north to babysit our grandson on Saturday. We both have our own AA accounts and we both had tickets for our flight. With everything that has been going on here in the last couple weeks and Frieda's health a bit shaky, we decided that I would stay home and he would go. He signed in for his flight and then signed into my account and canceled my flight. Got up at 4am to drive him to the airport only to receive a call on my way home that they couldn't find him in the system anywhere. They claim that if you buy two tickets together, you can't cancel one without canceling the other. They acknowledged that it doesn't say that anywhere on their website, they acknowledged that there was still a seat available on the flight, but they wouldn't put him on there unless we paid another $1300 on top of using the "credit" that they'd give us for our two canceled flights. I drove back to pick him up, he argued on the phone for hours and got nowhere, and ended up packing up his truck and driving the 1000 miles we were going to fly.

Today Frieda gets her stitches out! Yay! She will be so relieved, poor girl. The bodysuit she's wearing really throws her balance off. She went to shake her head yesterday and whacked it really hard on the kitchen table. She just wants me to hold her all the time. I imagine she'll be back to her usual feisty self once we get home today, sans bodysuit.

Mick, more beautiful photos! I, too, love the swan photo. I think we change our clocks next weekend here in the States. I don't like the time change. I wish they'd just leave it one or the other. I prefer Daylight Savings, but I'll take either one.

Slo, glad to hear that the orthotics are helping! I have really sensitive ears too and am prone to ear infections. I can't take a lot of loud noise and always carry my earplugs with me. I pop them in whenever I'm in a waiting room and the tv is blaring.

Hello to Lav, Wags, Pie, PQ, TG, and anyone else I may have missed.

Comment

hiya all...how are we doing then?hope all is ok..Well thats it ..job done ..all that needs to be done now is the doors to be put on on Friday ..the old suite went this morning ...the new oneis in..Its really comfy ,also has built in usb ports and reclines all the way back and has an extending foot rest..all electric ..so today has been a relaxing day for me ..I pretty much ache allover .

hiya wags ..how are you doing? hope all is ok with you and your dad .

hiya Fly ..what a mix up ,,,and then to have to drive a thousand miles ..jeez the Proclaimers only walked 500!!how is Frieda? did she get her stitches out?hope she is ok.

hiya Lav ,how are you doing? hope all is good ..yerp after a bit those are uncomfortable ..originally I bought them for the van ..but I have green fold away ones which are a lot more comfy.this is a lot more comfortable ...have a great day

hiya Slo ,how are things with you then?hope all is well.I hadan early night last night ,but it was because thehiya all...how are we doing then?hope all is ok..Well thats it ..job done ..all that needs to be done now is the doors to be put on on Friday ..the old suite went this morning ...the new oneis in..Its really comfy ,also has built in usb ports and reclines all the way back and has an extending foot rest..all electric ..so today has been a relaxing day for me ..I pretty much ache allover .

hiya all...how are we doing then?hope all is ok..Well thats it ..job done ..all that needs to be done now is the doors to be put on on Friday ..the old suite went this morning ...the new oneis in..Its really comfy ,also has built in usb ports and reclines all the way back and has an extending foot rest..all electric ..so today has been a relaxing day for me ..I pretty much ache allover .

hiya Fly ..what a mix up ,,,and then to have to drive a thousand miles ..jeez the Proclaimers only walked 500!!how is Frieda? did she get her stitches out?hope she is ok.

hiya Lav ,how are you doing? hope all is good ..yerp after a bit those are uncomfortable ..originally I bought them for the van ..but I have green fold away ones which are a lot more comfy.this is a lot more comfortable tell your dil you have moved ....have a great day

hiya Slo ,how are things with you then?hope all is well.I had
            an early night last night ,but it was because the chair was a pain .hope you had a decent day ..

hiya pie ppqp ,and anyone else out there..hope you are all ok....

I'm gonna work on being less condescending. (Condescending means to talk down to people)

395996267_334208419154287_3437444696641666077_n.jpg
            af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

20231030_162500.jpg

Comment

Good evening friends,

Met an old work friend for lunch & had a nice time. She’ll be heading back to FL soon. Getting dark early now & it’s raining & cooler heading down to 38 degrees tonight. Guess I’ve have some chilly kittens on my hands. I’ve left the garage door open enough if they decide to go back inside.

Mick, love the new comfy chairs, enjoy!
                Better rest up those achy bones & muscles after all the work you’ve done recently.

Fly, I hope Frieda is happier tonight without stitches & bodysuit
                Wow, if these airlines want to stay in business you would think they would treat their customers better. Sorry about that mess up. I hope your husband’s drive wasn’t too bad, geez.

Wags, I suppose we should be grateful when the site actually works, haha!
                Hope your day was fine.

Hello to Cyn, PQ, Slo, Pie & anyone stopping in later.

Have a nice night all!
                Lav
                AF since 03/26/09
                NF since 05/19/09

Comment

MAE ALL...I had issue too yesterday and gave up. Got my new glasses on Saturday, what a difference. They've got an anti reflective coating which really make a difference in the dark. So far it's only dark in the morning but that'll change and I'll be drive home in the dark soon.

Mick...I vote for the swan pic too. Wow, the new suite looks great. It actually makes the room look wider. That was a big job taking the old one out and putting the new on in, well done.

Slo...was wondering when you'd get your new orthotics, glad they're making a difference for you. I'm sure the cold & grey didn't help with your mood either this weekend. I've been feeling worn out lately too, maybe the moon does have an effect on me.

Lav...it must be a survival instinct with feral cats. I'm sure she'll find the garage again if it gets too cold. Good luck with bypassing your DIL over the holidays. When is your craft fair? I've had 2 vendors back out and have to get on with filling those spots. I've got a lot people on the waitlist, it's just waiting for them to respond that bugs me.

Wags...better short than no post at all. Hope things are going good for you.

Fly...what an ordeal with American Airlines, that's just not right. I bet Frieda is happy to be out of the body suit. I'm with you on the time change and I prefer DST as well.

For the last 12 years that I've been working at the community centre, we have always closed for 2 weeks over Christmas and New Years. This year boss has decided to have a New Year's Eve Social and has said yes to a client wanting to do a family Christmas Dinner on boxing day. I said do you want to work boxing day and he said no, that's why I have part time staff. His part time staff are useless and I'm sure they're not going to want to work boxing day either. As long as he doesn't screw up my 2 weeks off he can do what he wants.

Shout out to everyone else. Have a good night all...:smile:PPQP

Comment

MAE on my Monday evening,

That’s great that the new glasses are working out so well, PQ.
                    Oh no! Boss better not expect you to work over Christmas and New Years! If he’s changing this, then I hope he expects himself to be in charge of them.

Flyaway, that is terrible what American Airlines put you both through. Unbelievable.
                    I thought the kitty bodysuit was the perfect solution to those awkward cones, but I guess they have their own issues.
                    I do not have any hearing sensitivity, it’s just that grandson was that piercingly & persistently & obnoxiously loud.

There’s a gift in this whole situation of walking away from the obnoxious grandson and the daughter who isn’t treating me well: I no longer have to make that drive every week, yes; but I have reevaluated, and have also decided to drop my early, long day with Huxley each week, too. He’s 16 months old now, and he is in a good day care now, and he likes it there; so he can go there on Mondays too (provided they have room for him). Then I can just babysit for him for shorter periods of time, like if his parents want to go out for dinner, or for his mother’s medical appointments.
                    I tried to be like the other dedicated grandparents out there, but it’s just not for me; doing all this childcare. I already raised my kids. So I feel relieved!

Comment

Lav, glad you had the chance to get out for a lunch date with your friend before she heads back to Florida.
                      Poor kitties! Time for mama cat to rotate them back into the garage. We’re going below freezing here tonight.

What a great suite set you have there, Mick! It’s so perfect to have two seats that both recline.

Wags, have you heard anything more about the potential seminar that you may put on?

Pie, how’s your rescue doing?

TG, you’re still at work!

Comment

Hi all,

Slo - sounds like a good decision and act of self-care to reduce the amount of childcare you're doing. Glad your orthotics are helping too!

Mick - the seats look fantastic and comfortable! My dad has been having mostly good days, thanks for asking. How is Julie's dad doing these days?

Lav - I wish you all the best in your efforts to dodge the DIL you would like to avoid.

PQ - seems like a fair deal to have your boss deal with the groups he ok'd over the holidays! I at least hope youdon't have a heavier workload as a consequence!

All good here but I'm wiped out so heading to sleep. Will check in again tomorrow!
                        Toolbox/Toolkit

Comment

hiya all how are we doing today then? hope all is well.I have to have a rest I am absolutely aching today ...back and shoulders are doing me in .it took a fair bit out of me dragging all that stuff ..and the doors about ..I had to take the doors off and then put them back on!so my back is telling me no more today..We are looking at getting a dark green rug and cushions ..that should go with both the grey and the wood ...says Ted the fashion guru!!Pouring down with rain today .Just been and collected a circular saw ....bargain.used once cost ?60 ....?15 Ive been after one .

hiya Wags ,how are you doing mate? hope all is good .Julies dad recovered from the covid and is pretty healthy considering ..its the mental issue ..thought the other day he was saying he liked it there ..thanks for asking mate .

hiya Slo ,how are you doing today?hope all is well ...how are the ailments?hope you are feeling better .Your last line in the evaluation sounds right ...you raised your kids ...let them do their bit ...by all means you babysit ad hoc ,but to expect you to do it ..and to their methodology ...nah no chance .You play the tune ..not them.

hiya ppqp ,how are things? glad the glasses are working for you,,As for your boss ..a loosely applied term..He could go and take a flying .....at the moon.What is his rationale for opening it up ?I would expect him to make an appearance over the period ..not just his part time staff.Yes the room looks a lot bigger .

hiya Lav .how are you doing? hope all is well..yes definitely need the rest !!Did the kittens go back into the garage?glad you enjoyed the lunch ..

big hello to everyone else ...

Comment

Hey Friends! Sharing some thoughts on this holiday from Annie Grace:

Happy Halloween! 🎃

As you go about your day today and head into the night?s festivities I wanted to drop you a quick note of support and encouragement.

Maybe you?ve noticed, as I have, in the past couple years how drinking has made its way into not just holidays like St. Patrick?s Day and Thanksgiving - but Halloween too.

Just last year two houses near us had pop-up bars going during Trick-or-Treating so the ?adults could enjoy it too?...

It was like - here?s a beer for the adults and candy for the kids?

And although everybody?s on their own journey and I have ZERO judgment about it?

It really saddened me as I thought about all the TRUE JOY everyone was missing?

Missing the little kids in their cute costumes, walking along being so nervous and excited every time they went up to another house-

THAT?S the joy of this holiday!...

Why would we want to drink and miss all of it?

Think about it, this happens ONCE a year?

Why make it like every Friday Happy Hour or Sunday afternoon sitting in front of the TV watching the football game?

So today, as you head out to celebrate Halloween, I want you to remember something -

The JOY of the holiday is being present and experiencing it through all the kids? eyes?

Don?t trade that for something as counterfeit as alcohol.

Comment

Happy Halloween all!!

We get no trick or treaters out here in cow country, kind of miss that excitement to be honest.
                              Stayed busy all day doing odds & ends, nothing special. My young man “Bob the cat” goes in tomorrow for his neuter so I guess I’ll slap on my nurse hat & keep an eye on him tomorrow afternoon. Hope he doesn’t come home as crazy (post anesthesia) as Dave did if you remember Lol

PQ, is the boss offering OT pay to people working NYE? If not I’d tell him to take a hike haha! Glad I don’t work holidays anymore
                              We are supposed to have a hard freeze Wednesday night so I hope the mama cat takes up my offer for the garage at least overnight. Glad you like your new glasses, they always make such a difference.

Slo, you can still be a dedicated grandparent just not one that’s abused
                              I don’t see any reason for any of us to take abuse especially when we’re putting ourselves out for them!! Daughters & DILs, especially over educated ones should know better. I hope these young professional women don’t treat their clients the way they treat us. They won’t have careers too long if they do.
                              Keep looking out for yourself & focus on your healing :hug:

Wags, you sound busy as usual. Hope all is well with you!

Mick, I don’t have to do much these days before the aches & pains catch up with me. After all the work you’ve done I can see why your body is screaming for rest. Tell julie I said you should be tied to a chair for a day or two of forced rest haha!!

Pie, I love Annie Grace’s writings, they hit home. I’m grateful I didn’t drink when my kids were young. I didn’t fall apart until later on after all the work was done. Hope your rescue work. Is going well.

Cyn, a big hello to you & hope you are well.

Hello to anyone else dropping in.
                              Time to put the chickens to bed.

Lav
                              AF since 03/26/09
                              NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Working...
                              X