28 Jan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 28 Jan

AAAAAAARGH. Wrote a long post. In trying to copy it I erased it.

Wishing all well. All okay here except I managed to get a 2nd degree burn on my arm. Dealing with that, all will be fine.
    Sending lots of love - personal comments tomorrow, hopefully.
    Cheers
    TG

Comment

hiya all ,how are we doing today then? hope all is good ..Just been into Manchester to get some bits and pieces ..how I hate big cities .strangely enough ...we have no rain here today ...well not as yet ..feeling really tired today and yawning like mad ...think the stress of spending money has caught up with me..
      hiya teegeee how are you doing? (poooooooooooooooooost) ( ) there you see it ....now you dont .2nd degree burns...how did you manage that?take care..

hiya Lav how are you doing? hope all is well ..it should be now that your bp is normal..thats it for another 12 months?yes that camera is a fair size ...quite heavy to stand around with .ideal for a static hide , but takes some cracking foods .Ive bought a smaller lens too just for general use .Sky is darkening up so I guess rain is on the way .hope you have a good day

hiya Slo ...so you are orf to Puerto Rico? good for you.....Im sure you will have a great time .On one of our jaunts down south we are going to Longleat safari park so the camera should be good for that ...hopeyou have a good day ..

hiya everyone else..hope all is well.
      af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Good evening all,

Saw the sun for real today in between some cloudy patches, Lol. Rain early in the morning then sunny Saturday thru Wednesday next week, cool
        I noticed my daffodils popping up already, wow.

PQ, come down here next week, sunny & mid 40’s all week. I know winter is far from being over but it’s nice to see the early signs. Hope today went quickly for you as well.

Cyn, sorry about the lost post, happens to all of us. Burns can be tricky. Get infected easily so please take good care :hug:

Mick, I don’t care for city life either unless I’m visiting a new European city haha!
        I have to go back in 6 months for another BP check so now that it’s in the happy range I need to do what I can to keep it there. Hope. You didn’t get a ton of rain today.

Hello to Slo, Pie & anyone else checking in tonight.
        Have a nice night all.

Lav
        AF since 03/26/09
        NF since 05/19/09
        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

MAE ALL...another busy day went flying by, just the way I like it.

TG...well, that's got to be a first, copying the post and then deleting it. Now we're all dying to know what happened. You take care of yourself.

Mick...so did you get the rain? Is that what stress does to you, make you tired? Might have something to do with two city visits in a row. That camera looked pretty heaby to me too. Hopefully the new lens will make it easier to maneuver.

Lav...we had another record breaking day today, sunny and bright blue sky. I can't believe your daffodils are popping. I'll have to look at the bed around the community centre, the heat just bakes against the plants, maybe mine are popping too.

Not much more to report, which is actually nice, so have a good night all...:smile:PPQP

Comment

Mae all,
            On my phone, so we will see how this works tonight.
            We hit 50 F today, but I see no signs of daffodils around here; there are still hillocks of snow that are melting.
            Mick, Glad that you are happy with the camera! I hope you see some sunshine soon.
            Lav, sending you some sunshine today as well . So nice of you to ?babysit? all those chicks. Your friend is lucky to have you take them.
            PPQ, are you having to look for a new place? I hope the cold stays away and you can have a nice break from it.
            SLO, hoping the sleepy-mattress is working for you.
            Re: Burn. I was doing the Homeless Meals in the same kitchen as always - I was using hot pads to transfer things out of the commercial oven, but somehow hit the inside of my left inside forearm on the bottom of the pan I was taking out of the oven. The burn is about a 2 by 3 inch sear, and it hurt like h*ll, so I knew it was deep. I taped a plastic frozen-thingy on so I could keep working. we were just getting things in containers and packed up to go out, so there was no stopping. After, I took myself directly to an Urgent Care. That doc that said it was 2nd degree, but he was not too concerned. He told me how to dress it, etc., so I went and got supplies. So far so good. Lav, I?m being careful of infection. Tomorrow being at work will be interesting! All will be well - I will be careful.
            That is me tonight. I hope all are oK and doing well.
            Cheers,
            TG

Comment

hiya all how are we doing today then? all goodI hope .tis Friday ..the day of poets ..tried out the 2 lenses for the camera..one is absolutely fantastic...the other Im not too convinced about ...I think I thought ,,,if that makes sense that it would do the job of the big un ...not a chance..took a picture of a plane in flight today..it was really sharp and detailed .I watched the pilot eating his cheese n tomato sandwiches !!not to worry I can always return it .Julie said to me ..by the way you better get used to it ,,When we are away on one of our jaunts ..she has booked a safari around Longleat ..https://www.longleat.co.uk/ a bucket list item for me .Lets hope it isnt raining...Going down to Lidl this morning ..get some primroses..brighten up the garden ...12 for ?2.50...pretty good price .

here is a sunset I took last night ..

Screenshot_20240201_183225_Gallery.jpg

hiya teegee how are you doing today then? hope all is well....hows the 2nd degree burn? hope all is ok with it ..just think ..another degree and you could have started a group .....groan .Seriously though look after it and take care .When I took the camera to the shop yesterday ..the guy actually said ..that it was one of the best ..I already knew that but it was nice to hear if that makes sense.Thata smart pic you put up ..the iconic Abbey Road ..you must have lots of good memories ..take care today.

hiya ppqp ...how are you doing? wow an nftr day...no fights no kick offs angry customers ..? looks like you have a good weekend coming up and sunshine too?not bad at all..

hiya Lav how are you doing?so youve got daffs out have you?The buds on our camelia bush are out ...and we have birds nesting in it .fingers crossed the frosts dont hit it.Yep city life doesnt do it for me though strangely enough I enjoyed London ..so much so we are going back .Its mad but I have been to Orlando more times than London!yes hopefully the seasons are on the change.

hiya Slo how are you today then?hope all is good.

big shout to everyone else .

1. Why don't oysters donate to charity? Because they're shellfish.

2. What does a baby computer call its father? Data.

3. What did the custodian say when he jumped out of the closet? "Supplies!"

4. Why are colds bad criminals? Because they're easy to catch.

5. How does a penguin build its house? Igloos it together.

6. Which knight invented King Arthur's Round Table? Sir Cumference.

7. What do sprinters eat before a race? Nothing. They fast.

8. What do you call a fly without wings? A walk!

9. What happens when you witness a ship wreck? You let it sink in.

10. How can you find Will Smith in the snow? Follow the fresh prints.

11. What does a clock do when it's hungry? It goes back four seconds.

12. What's the easiest way to make a glow worm happy? Cut off its tail—it'll be delighted!

13. What do you call a belt made of watches? A waist of time!

14. Why did Adele cross the road? To say hello from the other side!

15. What's the best way to carve wood? Whittle by whittle.

16. What did the teacher do with the student's report on cheese? She grated it.

17. What's the difference between a piano and a fish? You can tune a piano, but you can't tuna fish.

18. What did the pirate say on his 80th birthday? "Aye, matey!"

19. How do you organize an astronomer's party? You planet.

20. What's the action like at a circus? In-tents.
              af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Good morning!

I’m feeling better and sleeping better with grounding too, Lav! Maybe it will help with keeping your BP under control too.
                How do your old birds like living with the new flock of younger chickens?

TG, I tend to burn the inside of my arms or wrists on the pans from the oven too when I cook -only luckily smaller burns in a home kitchen rather than an industrial kitchen. Ouch!
                No daffodils here either; just melting large snow hillocks.

What was for dinner, PQ? I had a lamb burger the last couple of nights. They were good.
                I would think January & February are busy months at the community centre for you, what with planning out the upcoming events for Spring & Summer.

I dropped a wad on my car the other day, for tires and wheel bearings & such. Well, it is 8 years old, and with nearly 140,000 miles on it. It’s still riding rough though, and the sensor pad is messing up. Will probably have to call them back today.

You forgot about “pinch, punch, first of the month”, Mick! So did I; Young Daughter got to me first.
                I wonder if the groundhog will see its shadow today?
                Your new camera will be perfect for photo shoots on a safari!
                There were some real clever ones in the play-on-words jokes! -circumference, igloo, tuna fish, eighty…

Young Daughter is coming home and staying with me tonight! Then her swim meet in the area (sort of) is tomorrow. Ex-HB will be there with his girlfriend…well I’ll have to meet her someday, so it looks like tomorrow’s the day.

I’m getting curious about how things are going with [MENTION=23208]wagmor[/MENTION].

Into the weekend we go!
                Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.

Comment

Greetings friends,

Well here?s the results from Punxsutawney, PA at sunrise this morning
                  IMG_1908.jpg

I guess we?ll keep our fingers crossed he?s right this time. I heard he has a history of being right 44% of the time, not bad.
                  Had to make a quick trip to YB?s PCP to get a health history form filled out for his cataract surgery next week at a surgical center no where near there. Glad all that?s done now, he?ll be having one eye done next week then the other in 2 weeks. Fun times
                  Mostly cloudy still but dry here, looking forward to the improved weather starting tomorrow.

PQ, I swear I will go cover those daffs if we get more snow before they bloom. I?m always happy seeing the early sgins of Spring. Hope your weekend is nice.

Cyn, glad you had someone look at the burn. I?ve done the same thing several times. Tonight I heated the oven up to 500 degrees & made YB slide the freshly made pizza onto the heated pizza stone, haha. He never burns himself so why not? I hope work wasn?t too harsh today.

Mick, none of our plant places will have plants to sell for quite a while. We?re really not supposed to plant outdoors until May for the most part. I keep my eye on the Amish plant places, they know when it?s time. Your upcoming safari trip looks pretty cool, enjoy

Slo, I seriously do feel better these days (no serious aches & pains) so I am grateful for the grounding mat. You surely need help in the pain relief department so i?m happy it?s helping you as well. I have the neighbor?s chickens separated from mine. I wouldn?t want to hand her back an injured chicken. She still lets her free range despite all the fox activity around here so those girls are not happy about being cooped up but they?re safe in the oposite end of the shed. Good luck at the swim meet & be sure to hold your head up high

Hello to Pie & anyone else dropping by tonight.
                  Have a good night all!

Lav
                  AF since 03/26/09
                  NF since 05/19/09

Comment

MAE ALL...finally the weekend. Told the boss I was locking up the office early and he said yup, we did a lot of work this week. We sure did! New program in place, new website updated, Summer Day Camp information out. Now I can get back to all the other things I've put off. It was another gorgeous day with lots of melting. Things will be changing tomorrow. I have to pop into work for a few minutes tomorrow to meet with a renter in the morning, then prescription pickup, few more groceries (son texted me to say he bought groceries, nice) and home before the rain/snow mix starts. It will then turn into straight snow overnight. They're only predicting a couple of cm's but just south and west of me there are heavy snowfall and storm warnings out. 30-40cm! I sure hope it doesn't head this way but stays south, sorry Lav.

TG....good for you getting that burn looked at right away. I hope work wasn't too hard to handle today. My landlord is planning on retiring this year and selling off some of his rental properties, can't really blame him with these soaring prices. He's not kicking us out but is wondering what are plans are, we've only been here for 18 years. After the initial shock am now looking at it as a wake up call, time to figure out my finances and what the future is going to be for us. Will probably move to an apartment and the boys might head up north. Early days yet.

Mick...I'm not surprised that the smaller lens doesn't do the job as the bigger one. I would like to see that picture of the pilot eating his cheese n tomato sandwiches. However the sunset pic is ace. On the news last night was Canadian photographers (including Albertan's) at the World Photographic Cup for the first time. Canadian photographers spotlighted at World Photographic Cup | Watch News Videos Online Made me think of you with those cameras, one day it could be you.

Slo...honestly can't remember what was for supper, obviously same old, same old. January is busy as I have to have all the Spring programs confirmed for the March Newsletter, which I have to submit Feb 1st. No wonder I never know what month it is. Got that organized quick so I could concentrate on the new Summer Camp programing. Enjoy your daughters visit and as Lav said, keep your head up at the swim meet.

Lav...our Balzac Billy saw his shadow so I'm hoping being wrong 60% of the time is true. LOL The running around to get filled forms is exhausting. Glad you've got it all done and are ready for the actual 1st surgery next week. I only had one eye done and thought how frustrating to have to repeat it all in two weeks to do the other. Couldn't they just do both of them at the same time? Who cares if you can't see for 24hrs. LOL Hope the chicken sitting goes without any hitches.

Waves to everyone else. Have a good night all...:smile:PPQP

Comment

Hello everyone, and how are we today then?
                      hope everyone is doing ok. Very cold over here again today but at least it is dry. I have been out with my camera again today just messing about.
                      There seems to be a shortage of birds to photograph at the moment. Perhaps they are not as stupid as me. I took a picture of a pigeon this morning on the fence with the Big lens. the detail is absolutely fantastic . Julie is doing some work on her dolls house .

Hiya ppqp how are you doing today then? Hope all is well over there with you. It sounds like you had a busy morning this morning. Best of luck with the eye surgery. In the main time have a good weekend

Hiya Lav how's you then today? Hope things are good over there. I didn't realise that the groundhog thing was European in origin..German farmers. Hope ybs surgery goes ok..to that end apologies to ppqp..i thought it was you.

Hiya slo..yep forgot the white rabbits first of the Month. How are you today then?. Did your daughter turn up? I am doing this on my phone .it has allegedly just upgraded itself..i think not ....talk to type is uselss.hope you have a good weekend

A big shout to everyone else

Comment

Good evening friends,

We had real actual sunshine today, nice
                        I can take a whole week of this if the forecast is true. Not much going on here, lots of putzing around I guess.

PQ, I hope your rodent was wrong haha! Like I said yesterday I know we have a lot of winter left but it’s OK if it’s at least mild, right?
                        You sure had a busy week at work so I hope you get to relax some this weekend. There are so many creative photographers in this world, including our very own Determinator. I love seeing his photos on FB. Glad the Canadians are in on it too.

Mick, those cameras with the huge lenses look so darn heavy to me. I know I’d have trouble handling one of them & try to get clear photos. Keep practicing for sure. There were so many immigrants from Germany here at the beginning I’m not a bit surprised they brought some of their customs. Of course dragging a groundhog out of it’s burrow is risky business, you could get bitten badly.

Cyn, I hope you’re doing oK & your arm is healing nicely.

Slo, hope you’re enjoying some family time in peace.

Hello to Pie & anyone else stopping in later.
                        Have a nice night all!

Lav
                        AF since 03/26/09
                        NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Mae all,
                          Mick, so glad the photography is working out for you, such a wonderfully creative thing to do, no matter where you are. And a Safari?! Do tell?
                          Lav, glad that the critter says an early spring. I?m never sure how they figure that out. Good luck with YB?s cataracts. or maybe that?s already over. if so, hope it went well.
                          PPQ, I forget what surgeries you are having, but sending all best wishes. Yes, planning for the future is easy to sweep under the rug, but is a good thing to think about. good luck.
                          SLO, hoping you are on your trip and having fun.
                          Pie, Det, Sam - hoping all is well.

I discovered that I have a latex allergy, so can?t keep my burn covered. I also read that Tea Tree oil is a great healer for burns, and since I am allergic to the antibiotic gels, that?s all I?ve been using. Seems like it?s coming along. I didn?t work today, but will tomorrow.
                          I have been feeling a little jittery, nervous, not myself for some reason. Then I discovered this evening that my bike has been stolen from out of my spot in the communal garage. I guess even locked it was not too hard to pick up and carry off? it?s and old 5 speed with slender tires. but there must be more thefts now. as I looked around absolutely no one has left stuff out. Note to self.
                          so when I drove for a long 1/2 hour on the interstate in the dark tonight (to see a play a friend is in), I was a little shook up. Then the play was intense (Agnes of God). Then I started driving home and saw Police lights behind me. I pull over. ?Ma?am, you don?t have your lights on?. Sheesh! I am now home safe and sound. But glad I can just walk to work tomorrow!
                          Take care all
                          TG

Comment

Working...
                          X