Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 11th Feb

Mae all,
    So sorry to be out of touch. Flew back home on Monday, (after returning the rental car - at the same time as thousands of others after the PGA tournament in Phoenix. Had a long flight home with connections. Worked 6 AM the next morning, then Meals for the homeless on Wednesday morning and work 2 to 10pm on Wednesday afternoon (Valentine’s Day - you can imagine what the store was like!!!!) This morning I went to my first day of Physical, Occupational and Speech therapies. Grabbed some food and came home and slept. Just woke up in time to get ready for a dinner with my elder friend and her daughter at their Country Club. That will be welcome - I don’t have any food in the house, and no energy to make a meal!
    I read last week’s posts and up to today - sounds like things have been busy for all - I hope everyone is well. I will be back in the groove soon...
    Cheers,
    TG

Comment

Good evening friends,

Cold here & now we’re getting another winter weather alert for Friday night into Saturday, more snow. We decided to run out for a bite to eat, didn’t feel like messing up the kitchen after cleaning all day. I am definitely getting lazy haha.

Cyn, happy to see you! You have been extremely busy, that’s for sure. Rest up when you can to keep your immune system functioning well :hug:

Mick, I had to laugh at photographic memory but no film, Lol that’s me these days!
      There was no melting today, too cold but not too much snow left so we have plenty of room for more, haha. That’s nice Julie has a walking group, wish I did too. She needs to be prepared for treating twisted ankles, maybe heat exhaustion in the warmer months, bee stings maybe. Always carry a phone too

Pie, we also call hardware cloth chicken wire around here or sometimes poultry netting. We installed it all around the fenced chicken yard to stop the foxes from digging underneath the fence & killing our chickens. It should work like a charm to keep cats away too Sorry about the edentulous dog, pureed food will be in his future obviously.

Hello to PQ & Slo & anyone else popping in tonight.

Have a nice night all!
      Lav
      AF since 03/26/09
      NF since 05/19/09
      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

MAE ALL...I see yesterday's post didn't stick around, it probably didn't like the language I used, yup you guessed it, the accountant. She just says the dumbest things and I get right sucked in. Walked into the bosses office after a set to with her and he said Well, that was an interesting conversation. I just shook my head and said OMG! She was off today so it was a peaceful Thursday. I have tomorrow off and the boss is taking Tuesday off (Monday is a holiday) so I'm calling it Freedom Five. LOL Update on the questionable charges against my garden account. Boss came in today with copies of invoices he'd paid but could not find any of the questionable ones. Really! I told him that although it's all one company there are 2 different websites, 1 for domain names and 1 for hosting. Logged into the hosting website and showed him the invoices he paid and lo and behold there was the refunds he was given, as we'd cancelled the hosting. So the accountant never credited the expenses back to the garden account. His comment was, great sleuthing, I'll get it sorted out. Geeze

Slo...I'm so glad you had such a great holiday. Such good memories to have. It's the new season of "So Help Me Todd" tonight, finally! Yup, I'll be requesting monthly reports from now on.

Lav...I treated myself to spaghetti with alfredo sauce with a shrimp skewer yesterday. When I watch the news they show what's happening in the states but I can't figure out where you are from the places they put on the map. I can usually see Washington and figure you're just north of there. Today was our coldest day this week with a wickedly cold wind. Not surprised you got a winter weather alert for Friday into Saturday as we're pivoting into above freezing temps for the next 5 days. Thanks for the offer of sending YB, I'll keep him in mind for next time. LOL

Pi...Procrastination Pi popping in love the alliteration. LOL The 15 year old foster dog is in good hands, he's lucky to have you. If anyone had a solution to Mick's problem I knew it would be you.

Mick...4 fruit trees, where do you find the room! Good to hear Julie's Dad seemed more settled. It's amazing the change in medication can make. Yup, I'll be keeping a close eye on our account from now on. I hear you on that soapbox! With our changing weather conditions, melting one day, freezing the next, it's been a challenge to deal with the outdoor hockey rink. The assistant childcare director was out at the rink last Thursday checking things out when she slipped and fell on her back. She's been off work ever since. Dr's had to wait for swelling to go down to diagnose the extent of her injuries. She feels like she's back in a "pandemic state" not being able to go anywhere.

TG...wow, you've been non-stop for awhile now! Curious what you thought of the Physical, Occupational and Speech therapies, but you probably haven't had time to even think about it. Nice that you could have dinner with your elder friend and her daughter so you didn't have to deal with groceries right away. You pace yourself and take time out for yourself.

Time to unplug and relax. Waves to everyone else. Have a good night...:smile:PPQP

Comment

mae all ..how are we doing today then? hope all is well.Julie is off to do her first aid course today ...I remember doing one many many moons ago...but I dont think some of it would be pertinent to her cause ...how to treat gunshot wounds ,sucking wounds and I still remember one of the sequences ...breathing bleeding breaks and burns ...was going to go out with camera today but the weather is against me ..Inset the tiles into the wall yesterday,it looks good ...so all I have to do is regrout he rest of the wall.I think that might be on the cards today .

hiya ppqp how are you today then? hope all is good ..Poets day today ...or is that freedom five time?sounds like a real hash up with your accounts ..let the boss and the accountant sort it ..stay out of it ..remember previously you had about 10 hats ? nah not again ...have a great weekend

Hiya Lav ...cheers for the id on hardware cloth ...didnt know what it was ..I do now ..Ive got some mesh jotting around ..spoke to the neighbour yesterday ..see if we can come up with a plan..its quite intersting either Im getting old or I respond to peoples attitude !he was apologetic and wanted to do as much as he could to help .Im happy with that .not convinced that would have happened with a different attitude if that makes sense How is yb doing?

hiya teegee ..how are you doing? sounds like you have been busy never mind us !what are you up to this weekend?hope you have a good one ..

hiya pie ...thanks for that ...yes its wiremesh ...weldmesh is the thicker stuff ..I have some old stuff so i will get that put down and see what happens .how is the 15yr old dog doing?hope all is good .

A lady goes to her priest one day and tells him, 'Father, I have a problem.
          I have two female parrots,
          But they only know to say one thing'
          'What do they say?' the priest asked.
          They say, 'Hi, we're hookers! Do you want to have some fun?'
          'That's obscene!' the priest exclaimed,
          Then he thought for a moment......
          'You know,' he said, 'I may have a solution to your problem. I have two male talking parrots, which I have taught to pray and read the Bible...
          Bring your two parrots over to my house, and we'll put them in the cage with Francis and Simon.
          My parrots can teach your parrots to pray and worship,
          And your parrots are sure to stop saying.... That phrase... In no time..'
          'Thank you,' the woman responded, 'this may very well be the solution..'
          The next day, She brought her female parrots to the priest's house..... As he ushered her in, She saw that his two male parrots were inside their cage holding rosary beads and praying..
          Impressed, She walked over and placed her parrots in with them...
          After a few minutes, The female parrots cried out in unison:
          Hi, we're hookers! Do you want to have some fun?'
          There was stunned silence...
          One male parrot looked over at the other male parrot and says,
          'Put the beads away, Francis,
          Our fckin prayers have been answered!

Have a great weekend folks!!!
          af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Greetings friends,

Cold here but dry all day. The snow moves in overnight & they’ve increased expected totals to 4-6”. Could have done without it, haha!
            I have plenty of inside things to keep me occupied this weekend. Right now I’m making two 18” pillows with zippers from leftover window fabric for my new sofa so everything will match & looks nice for a while. The grandsons don’t come in here & wreck stuff anymore, progress LOL

PQ, you have a nice long weekend, good for you!
            I guess we are located about halfway between Philadelphia & Washington DC if you look at a map. It’s so weird that we are minutes from Delaware & Maryland being in the very SE corner of Pennsylvania (if that makes sense). We always get more snow than Philly or DC, just lucky I guess haha!
            I miss Alfredo sauce but have found a non-dairy way of making a substitute. Good job tracking those expenses at work. Have a nice weekend.

Mick, YB took his drone up to southern Lancaster County today where the Amish ‘mud sale’ is being held tomorrow & got the pictures they wanted. He didn’t want to wait until tomorrow & have to deal with weather & thousands of Amish, haha. This should give you an idea of what the mud sales are about:
            224 Lancaster PA Mud Sales & Auctions (COMPLETE Schedule)
            He said they have tents set up & have prepared - get this - 4,000 hoagies to sell OMG! They love to eat haha!!
            Good job getting the neighbors attention! I’m finding our younger neighbors to be very responsive to our requests these days, maybe they feel sorry for the old people? Who knows?

Hello to Cyn, Pie & Slo & anyone else looking in tonight.

Have a nice night all!
            Lav
            AF since 03/26/09
            NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Good evening,

Mick, that’s some hardcore first aid training you needed for working in the prison system!
              “Wednesday Walkers” has alliteration anyways.
              That long joke is a funny one!

PQ, so basically it was the accountant who screwed up accounts!
              I was so tired that I fell asleep during “So Help Me Todd”, but the beginning was good!

TQ, I had a long wait at a car rental place too while on vacay -almost 4 hours! Thankfully no connecting flights, since my daughter won’t do those with the kids.
              I hope you had a really nice meal out at the country club.

Pie, poor edentulous dog! For a few years only, anyways.
              I’m familiar with the term “chicken wire”.
              I hand-vacuum’ed up all the sand.

I’m on my way to my Young Daughter’s swim meet now.
              Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.

Comment

Mae all,
                Well there is a lot of life going on... I feel like I was away for 2 weeks with what you all have been doing!

Mick, so sorry about the situation with Julie’s dad... I hope all things calm down now. That course Julie took sounds pretty serious! Hope that grouting all went well.

Lav, wow, making pillows for yourself?! what a wonderful idea Sounds like YB is making himself super-useful to the Amish neighbors. I’m sure the sale was interesting! I might be cooking more for my aged friend... you’ll have to give me some ideas. And PS - thanks for adding to my vocabulary - “edentulous”!!!

SLO, glad that your trip went well. Sorry about your car rental - that must have been frustrating!

Pie, I am seriously getting caught up in several FB dog-rescue sites. Love seeing the happiness that it brings to the poor pups. And what patience you must have!!!

PPQ, there seems to be no end to the Accountant’s inventive re-ordering of the future! Glad that you are an amazing detective and can find everything! Good luck with the cold. You must have sent it here... tomorrow when I walk to work it will be a mere 10 degrees or so... but we will warm up quickly through the day - I wish the same to you!

I had an exhausting but great intake yesterday for the PT, OT and ST (speech). I love all the people and the approach. I’m so lucky that it is all in a brand-new facility. Now I finally have documentation of the condition and my therapies. That should help me get some better hours at work. The 2 pm to 10 pm really kills me, especially on the days that I do the homeless meals. So hopefully a better schedule will show up soon.

I cleaned my apartment and did 2 loads of laundry today, so I am pooped. Off to work at 6 AM tomorrow... so good night all. Wishing you the very best...
                TG

Comment

mae all how are we today then? hope all is well..pouring with rain over here and really foggy .Finished one wall in the bathroom ..inset the tiles and regrouted and polished up the tiles ...certainly feeling it this morning ...cut the brambles growing over the fence from the field too..I decided today was a busy doing nothing day but failed at that already.
                  Hiya Lav how are you doing today then? hope all is good ..I had a look at that website ..I couldnt understand where the mud part came from but yep I do now ..best of luck to them its for a good cause.cut up loads of chicken wire into 6 inch roughly squares .then cut some of the mesh so that the points stick up ..must of made about 30 of them..scattered them around the salient poins in the garden ..together with the cleanings out of the rabbit hutch ..its only day 2 but no more cat crap ...fingers crossed so thank you Pie .

teegee do you never rest ? ok I know you like to keep busy ...but jeez you make me look like a layabout !!Julies course went well..The guy that took it actually teaches the local mountain rescue teams ..hope you have a decent day wherever you are and whatever you are doing .

hiya Slo how are you doing? hope all is well..have a good day at the swim

hiya ppqp ...how are you today then? phone off ..? excellent have a great weekend

hiya pie thanks for the tip...fingers crossed ...how is the dog doing

It was 11 years ago today that my pal norman came running out the room shouting it’s a boy it’s a boy!
                  That was the last time we went to Thailand!

424687797_397054709536324_213513062869001117_n.jpg
                  af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Greetings friends,

Woke up to new snow, just as promised. It’s cold here but we had sun so there was a good bit of melting. The remaining snow will freeze since the nights have been down in the 20’s. Stayed in, didn’t feel like dealing with any of that stuff. I made a big pot of chicken noodle soup that should keep us fed for a while.

Slo, I hope the swim meet went well. Back to business as usual post vacay huh?

Cyn, I’d love to hear more about your therapy program, sounds very comprehensive. I take it a lot of people need this service, glad you found it too.
                    Getting your work hours adjusted to better suit your energy level sounds wise. I’m wondering if you can cook once but freeze several servings for your friend. I never did like cooking from scratch every single day haha. I had just enough of my window fabric left over for two 18” pillows, glad it worked out. Now to keep the cat crew off of them.

Mick, I feel a little guilty when my cats scratch around in the raised beds of garlic & onions here. YB has fashioned up some coverings for those beds out of chicken wire to keep them out. I know how annoying outdoor cats can be. Good job protecting your gardens.
                    I’m sure the mud sale went well despite the weather, they always do. There will be several more in the coming weels & months, they always draw a big crowd. Hope you have a good weekend & the weather clears up for you!

Hello to Pie & PQ!

Hasve a nice night all!
                    Lav
                    AF since 03/26/09
                    NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Working...
                    X