Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wednesday July 5th

Hello Mod's Land

Back to work today after a very nice day off. Moderated very well yesterday and woke up feeling great.

Hope you are all doing well today!
    "Keep your eyes and heart focused on the end goal at all times, and never settle for less."

Wednesday July 5th

Hi Beaches and all to come.

Nice to hear you`re doing well Beaches.

Am doing fine, but am currently weighing up mods and abs for myself personally.

Have a wonderful day all. Happy moderating!!

Much love,

Starlight Impress

Comment

Wednesday July 5th

Hi Beaches, Starlight, and the rest of you modsters!

I was not a successful moderator at our cookout yesterday and am paying the price. I went into the day without a plan, or with a vague plan to moderate. You know what happened next. Not as bad as in the "old days" but I feel tired and blue today.

So it's day 5 of the month and time to get my mod act in gear. I hope everyone else was more controlled!

Comment

Wednesday July 5th

You guys made me feel so much better about life in general yesterday and the day before. I am beginning to feel like my old self. I'm going to try to get to the Y today. My exercise clothes have been in the car for almost a week. I'm looking forward to getting back into the loop with everyone. I hope summer begins to start acting like summer sometime soon.

Comment

Wednesday July 5th

Morning all!

Sorry you feel bad Ducky. A plan is so important if we are going to moderate. It is so easy to slip. Hope you feel better quickly.

We had a nice 4th as well. I drank over my limit but stopped drinking at 7 and was up until midnight and feel good this morning. I am so glad I stopped and switched to water as there was plenty of wine around me but I ignored it.

Glad you had a nice time too Beaches.

Star, sounds like you are really giving abs a lot of serious thought. Whichever path you choose we are here to support you.

Fsophiah, glad to hear you are doing better.

I will be gone until Sunday night. A friend of mine and me are taking our kids up to my cabin. I am a little nervous going without my hubby because it is in the middle of nowhere and any number of things could go wrong (with propane, generator, boat, etc.)and we do not have cell phone reception for me to ask him what to do but we decided we are strong, capable women and we can do this. The weather is predicted to be just perfect through the weekend. Will be good to get away from the computer for a while. But I will miss all of you. Will check in on Monday.

Have a great weekend all!!!
          I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

Wednesday July 5th

Hi, Beaches you sound so good, Star it is hard I know having thoughts of what is best for you I still go thru it myself plenty, Ducky you have the right attitude, it sucks to feel yucky but do not get down on yourself it just makes it much worse. Fsophiah that is good to hear that you are feeling better all the way around. Lushy have fun and you are so smart I cannot imagine anything happening that you can't do, or you will with your sense of humor make the best of it.

Will check in later,
            Sammys

Comment

Wednesday July 5th

I wish it were Wednesday the 5th..then I'd have one more day off this week! I'm pretty sure it's Thurs tho...

Ha! I just pulled off a neat trick. Hubby discovered this morning that he'd lost his cell phn last night. So I mentioned when he left for work, on his way in he might drop by the Port (where the fireworks display was) and look where we were sitting in the grass. He thought for sure someone wouldv'e picked it up, if it'd fallen out of his pocket there. But everyone left @ the same time... & it was dark...
              I'ts about a 15 min drive to town, from our house... I just started calling Hubby's cell, that long after he'd left here, every time it went to voice mail, I re-dialed... by the 6th ring he answered it!
              He has a lot of #s for work etc.. in it couldv'e been a bummer...plus of course, it being the "store phone"...it's top o the line...unlike mine...(I get all his old beat up stuff!) good price tho! Ha!

Did pretty well moderating yesterday. I kinda had a bit of a headache for most of the day so I didn't feel like drinking much. I had 2 beers @ the picnic, and 1 @ the fireworks display, then 1 1/2 afterwords when we got home. Not too bad for 2 parties and going all day...

Looking like another pretty day in the neghborhood! Hope evrybody is able to enjoy it...
              Big Hugs,
              Judie

PS, Lushy- have a great time!:l
              The only thing worth stealing is a kiss...:flower: zwink:

Comment

Wednesday July 5th

Lushy, have a great trip if you have not left.

Feeling better but still tired. I think the key is to plan ahead how many drinks I will have. No more winging it!

Judie, great news about the cell phone. And great job being mods yesterday!

Comment

Wednesday July 5th

Hi all,

I had a good Forth, the drinking beast that lives in my head has been quiet, so I went with it and got in 3 af days. It's funny because I literally have a beast in my brain when it comes to drinking. I picture some kind of big cat roaring in there. Usually I'm wishing it would shut up. :H

The computer at my house is no longer working so I will be hit and miss for the rest of the week.

Starlight, I go back and forth a lot. Sometimes I even joined the abs board for a while. Usually a week or 2 at a time. They are very nice over there and they are not at all judgemental if you happen to be wishy washy like me.

Lushy, Have a great time and You Can Do It!

Ducky, Glad you are feeling better.

Beaches, Have fun with the party, hope it doesn't rain.

Great day to everyone!

Laura
                  Humor is just another defense against the universe!

Comment

Wednesday July 5th

Good looks, have little to do with one's body and everything to do with one's mind.

Here's looking at you -
                    ****The Universe

Morning all,

I am glad to hear that you all did pretty well overall on the fourth, even those that felt they overdid, mentioned it was NOT on the level it could have been.
                    That is a start!! a very good start! Keep trying!!

Beaches, sorry you have to work today. How is everyone feeling at your house? So glad that you moderated well!

Star, it is a very personal decision. You seem to be doing very well. I think over the past year, the amount I have drank has gone down so much, it took away some of the thoughts of wanting to drink that were there before. If that helps on what the process is. I rarely have that "to drink or not to drink" discussion in my head any more. If I am going out I will allow myself one or two drinks. If I feel I may have a hard time with that, I take kudzu and only have one drink. It just isn't on the radar like it use to be ... does that make sense? You will make the right decision for yourself. Any decision you make can be rescinded too, to suit where you are in your life.

Ducky, the plan really helps, especially in those first few MONTHS. Changing that habit, listening to the CD's, exercising and generally keeping track makes a huge difference while you are at the stage that you need to think about it still. You CAN do this, I am very confident in you!

Hey Sophia, hope all is going better, you sound a bit happier!

Lushy, you are so capable, you will be fine!! Imagine your girlfriend is bright too! Have a wonderful time!!

Sammys, got your water back and life is OK? Hope you got some time off for the fourth.

Judie, glad to hear you did well yesterday and funny on the cell phone thing. Amazing sometimes the things that we can come back and find against all odds. . . sorry you gotta work today. thought this was going to be the start of semi retirement . . . No way, I am as busy as ever. Darn it looks to pretty outside to be in on the computer!!

Laura, dear glad to see you here. How about that 3 days AF, you Beast Tamer!! Good job!!

Waves, dear, I missed you too!! I hope you are feeling better this week.

Beth, sweetie, glad you are back and had so much fun with Allie, you two sound like you had a great time together. Trouble with a capital T, that would be fun!! I feel the same way about Louise, the connection after having met on this site is so strong no hiding behind some facade that is for the community. Out there and personal from the beginning. Very cool stuff!

Well, my brother and his wife, blew the dinner party yesterday that was suppose to be at their house. It turned into an impromptu party at my house with of course some office furniture still sitting in the living room . . . sigh. Oh, well it was fun, just more stuff than I was expecting to get done yesterday!

Hugs and Love to all of you,
                    Mary

Comment

Wednesday July 5th

Hi all

Just trying to be better about posting. I read the posts almost daily, but realize If I don't post myself, I become a stranger!

My July 4th was pretty good. Actually, I drank NOTHING, which for me, is unusual..but, I have been trying harder lately. It made for a nice 4th. We did not see fireworks, way too much rain, and mostly I had my poor, pathetic dog under my legs through the event. We did catch a great movie though, My Mighty Heart. It is the story of Daniel Pearl. Really emotional, sad, heartfelt, but well worth seeing!! Angelina Jolie was absolutly amazing in the part of his wife!! After that (afternoon movie) got dinner, and then, home to bed by 10or so. Hey, my visit with Allie wore me out!! :H She is a night owl and I am not, so the late nights got to me (well, to her too) but I wouldn't have missed one second of it!!!

Today I did a testing (far and few between these days, as it is summer, and kids are mostly gone) and spent the rest of the day at home, with my daughter. Tonight should be quiet, with hubby, and that is about it here.

Hope you all are well

Beth
                      formerly known as bak310

Comment

Wednesday July 5th

mods

Hi all

I realized that tomorrow marks three weeks of successful moderation. The most I have had on a single day is 5 beers, over my limit of 3, but I didn't do it very often and only on a few weekend days.

I lost my hypnotic CD and I am sad because I think the CDs and meditation are working for me. i hope to check in more regularly with y'all.

Comment

Wednesday July 5th

Great job Nancy and hope to see you around more often too!
                          "Keep your eyes and heart focused on the end goal at all times, and never settle for less."

Comment

Working...
                          X