• Show
Clear All

FRI 6TH JULY

x

FRI 6TH JULY

u give me some grat inspiration , 10 yrs u did it, it is possible,,
    i suppose its hard to get 1s head in the place where it becomes possible,
    but im hopefull,

how is it in scotland today, we got lots a wind but no rain YET in cornwall, gonna venture out to put washing out, tumble drier just give up an died yesterday!!! lots a love xxx
    :upset: lol the assmaster!! im slowly tryin to unwedge my head out my arse !!

Comment

FRI 6TH JULY

Rachel,
      The fact that I was sober for 10 yrs. should serve as a warning to us all. I am living proof just how easily all those years of sobriety can be thrown away, as I sit here today, back in the same old mess.

BUT!!!!!!.......I was drinking like there was no tomorrow before getting sober for 10 years, so consider even the most hardened drinker can do it provided they invest their all in their quest for sobriety. I did it before, and just know that I`m damned well gonna do it again, because................I WANT TO........I want to live in the world of the living, not the` booze bubble`.

Hope you keep trying to cut down until your appointment with the team.

Much love,

Starlight Impress

Comment

FRI 6TH JULY

u know there is light at the end of this very black tunnel, so although its a warning how easy it is to get sucked bk in u still remain an outstanding inspiration, as u have seen the light an u wanna quit again, im really doin quite well, but 2nite is gonna b tough, an already done 1 ex this morning, dont have 2 work till 11, so extra idel time is stupid wasted time glugging, the things i could a done, i been up since 6,30, not dressed yet,
        it all seems so silly thinking about it, but alcohol an logic really dont come hand in hand do they,, i hope u remember what a good strong woman u r an have a good day, xxxxx

Comment

FRI 6TH JULY

U REALLY R A STAR, U KEEP ON SHINNING ! u been good 2 me xx

Comment

FRI 6TH JULY

Morning Starlight and Rachel, glad to see that today finds you both well.

I'm still waiting for my new laptop to arrive, GGrrr ......

Hubby just phoned me from work to tell me that he has booked a table for us at my favourite very expensive seafood restaurant tomorrow night, and he has even arranged for Kerrie to stay at my mums, this is very unusual for him so he has either done something or he wants something LOL

Have a good day everyone,

Love & Hugs, BB xx
            sigpicXXX

Comment

FRI 6TH JULY

Well, BB. It sounds like you are forearmed anyway, and you might as well enjoy the meal. I have been wondering lately about types of substance abuse, Starlight. There is a link to a research site under the "topamax, etc" forum, and I'm curious about whether there are different treatments that are appropriate for different types of drinkers. I drink less than I used to, but I still drink every day. I think I would do better with medication. I think my son is the type who should cease drinking entirely. One of my problems with AA is that there is a "one treatment for all" mentality, and I don't think that's consistent with what is being discovered about brain chemistry. This is on my mind today because I have an appt. with the shrink who keeps talking about AA for my son. I haven't even spoken to him yet about my own challenges with alcohol. He has helped me some, so I'm going to continue to give it a shot, but I really did want a female therapist, and I didn't have a recommendation that I trusted for a woman, and I did for a man.

It's still raining here. Ugh.

Comment

FRI 6TH JULY

I said, "Yes!" When you first thought of "it".

"Now!" when you first asked.

And, "Hallelujah! So be it! Coming right up!" when you first gave thanks in advance...

Believing in you,
                ****The Universe

Good morning mods!

Star, 10 years is awesome!!!! I would try the AF day, even a few in there and see how it feels to moderate, say on a weekend schedule. I know some of the long term moderators have heard this repeated a bunch of times but you may not have thought about it this way . ... Personally, I look at mods like ABS with an occasional drink. If I have a running thought that I must have a drink then I know I better not even start as somehow, my head is not in the proper frame of mind to moderate. You can do this . . . you did it for ten years!!

Rachel, you are such a great cheerleader!! Happy to see you here. Sorry about your drier. I love the smell of sheets that have been dried on a line outside. We have so much sand where I live, that although I could dry outside, everything would have a fine gritty quality to it. Our weather is so hot and dry and windy right now, my roses are frying from the afternoon sun off the stucco wall behind them.

BB, very funny on your husband. I hope you enjoy your dinner!

Sophia, interesting thought on the therapy. It is what I love about this program . . take it or leave it whatever parts suit you personally. Sorry it is raining if you don't want that.

Still trying to get a bit more organized in this quest for a home office. It is kind of fun b/c I have this computer and desk faced to the window and two bunnies just had a fight over the where they are walking. I have doves and quail walking right outside there too!

Everyone, I hope you all have a great day, including those to come a bit later!

Love,
                Mary

Comment

FRI 6TH JULY

hi mary an betty, an star, betty y is it when men r nice we always assume the worst!!!!! hope u get a delightfull suprise 4 no good reason other than he loves ya! mary where is it u live? the rain in cornwall has finally stopped wahooo! clothes r on the line, bet as soon asi go bk 22 work it will start again, it sounds like u have a lovely office, but i know id never get any work done, the view sounds awesome,

i have a new admirer in the cafe, 4 days he has been sat watchin me,an today walked me to bus stop, i told him im not interested but he says he always gets what he wants I DONT THINK SO! he aint gettin me, it s quite unnerving bein watched ALL DAY, im gonna get my bf to come in tomorrow, just so he knows that my bf is real an big,!!

love to all, xx from starlights best cheerleader!!!

Comment

FRI 6TH JULY

Hi all,

Mary, your home office sounds great! It's nice to be able to look out at the world.

Starlight, it is scary that one can be sober for so long then start drinking. And fsophia, I agree with your thoughts on AA. I read a while back that only 10% of alcoholics can stop drinking altogether and a higher percentage can cut down. Don't know if this is true or not.

BB, enjoy the dinner!

Rachel, sounds like you are doing better. Keep it up.

Comment

FRI 6TH JULY

Rachel..........new admirer in the cafe!!!!!!...........a red barnet must be a man magnet...........am off to get myself some red hair colour!!! lol

Starlight Impress

Comment

FRI 6TH JULY

come to cornwall u can have him, he s ok, i think it may cause a row between my other admireers! but they r all well in there late 60s, red s got something about it obviously, i did mannage to get it off my ear s eventually!!!! r u ok, hope so, u r cool, xx

Comment

FRI 6TH JULY

Rachel,
                          I`ll never get as far as Cornwall..........I`ll have them dropping like flies right here in Glasgow when they catch sight of my luscious, red locks!!! ha ha ha

Starlight Impress

Comment

FRI 6TH JULY

well if u get any really nice SPARE 1s send em down, lol

Comment

FRI 6TH JULY

You guys are too funny! I've still got a bit of a headache ,... so you can keep em all for now...
                              Just a quik check in to say "Hi"!
                              Hope everybody has a great day.
                              :l
                              Judie
                              The only thing worth stealing is a kiss...:flower: zwink:

Comment

Working...
                              X