Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

July 10,2007

Hello Mod's Land

Hope you are all doing well. Today is back to work for me since I had yesterday off to take my son to the doctors and get some running around done.

Tomorrow I am attending the "big annual event" with my husband. The owner of his company puts on this huge dinner at his estate on the lake where they all talk a language I don't understand (meaning work talk about computers). At least this year I know what to expect. I am just not good in these type of situations but I am prepared so I know I won't overdo it with drinking.

Hope you all have a great day
    "Keep your eyes and heart focused on the end goal at all times, and never settle for less."

July 10,2007

Hi Beaches and all to come ....

Just a quick check in for me, my 60year old mum is taking her driving test as we speak .....

Love BB xx
    sigpicXXX

Comment

July 10,2007

Good morning Beaches and Betty.

Beaches, know exactly what you mean........all that computer jargon goes over my head..........am happy knowing just what I need to know, regarding my pc.........term myself a technophobe!!! lol Good to see you`ve planned the day in your head, so as not to overindulge in the booze. Hope you have a lovely time.

Betty, hope your mum sails through her driving test..........must be a gutsy lady to be taking her test at 60..........good on her!!!

Well guys, I kinda moderated what I term moderation last night.......just had a stressful day where I couldn`t really get any ME time, so felt a little resentful and really buddied up with Chardonnay. Result was that I guzzled the whole bottle..........oooooooooooops. Am cool about it though..........was a one-off, right!!! LOL

Hi to all other mods. yet to come, and hope none of you have been as naughty as me!!!

Have a fantastic day guys.

Much love,

Starlight Impress

Comment

July 10,2007

Morning all - just catching up - hubby's been on vacation all last week - I usually don't get much done around the house or much computer time when he's around full time. Since I've been encouraging him to retire as soon as (which will probably be around 4 years) I have plenty of time to remedy this. I guess I'd better plan on a lap top (computer that is). We bought a put together aluminum shed (the erector set from hell) that's almost done. It's been hotter than heck here the last few days. But overall we seem to be settling in (we've been in this new house since December of last year) Our yard is coming along nicely and our awful next door neighbors have moved out YEAH YEAH. Still plenty of work to do inside but we have plenty of time.

You all still make me smile.

Hugs to all
        OP

Comment

July 10,2007

Hi again, My mum passed her driving test 1st time .......

The roads in the UK are no longer safe LOL

Love & Hugs, BB xx
          sigpicXXX

Comment

July 10,2007

Morning, it sure is hard to get stuff done with the other half home, somehow I never accomplish much either. Working from home today for me, yah!!!! Beaches hope you get thru the party without being to bored, Star I found myself feeling stressed out last nite and ended up having a few to many beers, but like you I did not go completely nuts. Boop good for your Mom now that is so great, hope it goes well.

Have a good one
            Sammys

Comment

July 10,2007

Tell her I say congrats!!!!!

Sammys

Comment

July 10,2007

Hi sammys..........ah well, I`m in good company, since you and I both overdid it a little last night!! LOL

Betty, your wee ma is a SUPERSTAR!!!!

Starlight Impress

Comment

July 10,2007

i guess betty u get your guts an determination from your ma, well done 2 her ,,
                  if you always do what you have always done you will always get what you have always got!

Comment

July 10,2007

Hey everyone, I am FINALLY back from the Bahamas! It actually feels good to be back. We had a great time while we were there. It was hubby and myself and our 3 kids, another couple and their 2 kids, my FIL, and the psychiatrist for our center and his wife. The guys went fishing and we ate fresh fish every night. One night we hired a local Bahamian woman to cook for us and she had fresh cracked conch, lobster, rice and peas, slaw, fresh baked Johnny bread and apple pie. It was fantastic! We went island hopping to Green Turtle Cay, Hope Town and Guana. We saw turtles, huge starfish, sandollars and an aray of fish on the reef. My daughter learned how to swim while we were there so, that was a BIG plus as well. The sand was like powder and the water clear, clear blue and refreshing.

It was wonderful to have no cell phone, no computer and no car. We got around by either boat or golf cart. I read my book "Wicked", walked on the beach and got a great tan.

The nightmare was upon our return..... Everyone went back by boat except myself and my 3 kids, and my friend and her 2. All kids are between 8 and 3. We had sent all our luggage by boat so we could travel light with the kids. Well, our flight on Sun got cancelled. At 7pm they call and say rush to the airport because the flight is back on. It took us an hour by taxi to get there because the airport is on the opposite side oif the island. By the time we got there they left without us after they said they would wait. (Taxi fare $130/each way!) So another night at the condo ($300) and another day of renting 2 golf carts ($50). And we have no luggage. Mon morning we call the airline and verify that they have us on a returning flight at 3pm. Another taxi ride to the airport. Once we get there they now have no record of a 3pm flight for us! OK now a 6pm flight .....nope a 7pm flight.....8pm??? Where is this darn plane??? We have been at this small, unairconditioned airport for 6 and1/2 hours with 5 kids, sweaty, fighting, no dinner, ectt You get the picture. They finally send the smallest plane I have ever been in It seats 6 and we are 7. I am now the new co-pilot. We had to stop to refuel in Freeport or we were not going to make it. I got home and in bed last night at 2am and am in my office now. I am going to collapse as soon as I get home!
                    Sometimes I wonder...."Why is that frisbee getting bigger?"...and then it hits me.

Comment

July 10,2007

Oh and I can't BELIEVE I missed the Allie and Beth get together! I am green with envy! Next time girls......count me in!
                      Sometimes I wonder...."Why is that frisbee getting bigger?"...and then it hits me.

Comment

July 10,2007

Hi Everyone!

PP, so good to see you back. You were missed. Your trip home sounds horrendous. You must be exhausted. But the rest of the trip just sounds fabulous. What great memories for the kids.

It is scorching hot here today and wishing I was on a beach.

To all of the rest of you hope it is a great day for you all!
                        I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

July 10,2007

PP that was a nightmare, I am glad you are home safe and sound. Everyone thinks an extra day of vacation is like a dream come true, but that was crazy.

Sammys

Comment

July 10,2007

PP, that sounds just awful. My family once had to sit in a plane at the airport in Cancun for 4 hours because the president of Mexico was landing at the airport we were trying to fly out of and that was nothing compared to what happened to you.

Everything ok for me at the moment.

Good day to everyone.

Laura
                            Humor is just another defense against the universe!

Comment

July 10,2007

PP so happy you are back and made it home safely, finally.
                              I must say that beginning of your vacation sounds absolutely wonderful. You must have been so relaxed and loving every minute.

I can not even imagine the amount of stress at the end of your trip especially adding all those kids. Crabby kids make for even crabbier adults. Ugh

Try to remember the beginning!!! Hugs! I am still mad you didn't let me hide in your luggage.
                              "Keep your eyes and heart focused on the end goal at all times, and never settle for less."

Comment

Working...
                              X