Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wednesday July 11, 2007

Hi everyone,

The heat wave is finally breaking here so we don't have to suffer through another 90+degree day. Thank goodness. I can't stand when it's that hot. The kids don't even like being outside either.

Just catching up on work and the homelife and that's about it. I don't have to go to that big dinner party tonight so that's good. Ended up that hubbie is going to work a little later and go with some friends.

Hope today finds you all well.

Take Care
    "Keep your eyes and heart focused on the end goal at all times, and never settle for less."

Wednesday July 11, 2007

Hi Beaches, good news about the dinner party ..........

I'm stuck in the office for the next few days as mum and dad are on holiday again, other than that things here are pretty quiet ....

Love and hugs to all in modsville ........

BB xx
    sigpicXXX

Comment

Wednesday July 11, 2007

Hi Beaches and all yet to come.

Beaches, glad to hear the heat is easing up a bit there. Hope you have a nice, relaxing evening at home.

Not got much to say for myself this morning guys............I feel as if my drink problem has almost paled into insignificance for the time being..........have just posted in General how I am almost certain I have an uninvited rodent residing in my home..........I feel utterly petrified !!!

Anyway, hope everyone has a far better day than I seem to be having.

Much love,

Starlight Impress

Comment

Wednesday July 11, 2007

It's not the "unseen" that's fiction, but the seen.

And you know how fiction goes?

You get to make stuff up.

Tallyho -
        ****The Universe

Morning all!

PP, I was giggling. It is pretty much like living in the VI - fresh fish, super sand and water then things like the taxi ride and the heat and the airline reservations etc. Glad you had an awesome time, sorry about the flight. We did one of those from St. Barths while I was pregnant, in the middle of a storm, 6 seater. I couldn't stop throwing up, that was not too cool for the rest of the passengers.

Beaches, glad you do not have to go to that party tonight if you would be bored out of your mind. It is difficult for the techy guys to NOT talk about their new discoveries and well, it sounds only like blah, blah, blah to a lot of people. I was speaking at a board meeting last night and eyes glassed over on 12 of the 14 ladies there just a little past "on the website, I will" . . . . I basically took my report and said, I will add a reservation, interactive page and I will make it super user friendly - how does that sound?!! thumbs up all the way around.

BB, very cool mom you have there!!

Star, I hope your day gets better.

I do not know about this staying at home to semi retire - I have had a 12 hour days both Monday and Tuesday. did get my office space rented for August 1st, and the guy wants my desk and drafting table as he is an engineer. I would have left that freakin 500 lb desk there if I had known! Sunday morning I turned some really positive energy towards getting the place rented and some of the furniture sold. soooo, maybe this stuff really works!!!

Lushy, Judie, Waves, Lauralynn, soccermom Mary Sammys, and all to come later today, I hope it is a great day.

Hugs and Love to all,
        Mary

Comment

Wednesday July 11, 2007

well day 3 of af and day 2 of no nicotine.
          I may break my no alcohol in week rule and have 1 glass tonight - but that means none tomorrow - if I drink more I will forfeit a night of alcohol at the weekend.
          reason being peopel i'm seeing tonight are very very strong triggers for booze and fags - I really do not want to skoe anymore - I need to moderate.
          If I have 1 glass and feel like more I will make an excuse and make myself go home.

Otherwise feeling good, not running tonight - running on thursday dn teh nit's the 5k itself.
          gym on Saturday too - that's enough for me this week, still tired after trip away.
          have good evening everyone x
          one day at a time

Comment

Wednesday July 11, 2007

Mary, I guess you and I are in the same boat with the retirement thing. I am moving my work home, trying to set up an online tutoring business. I have found a web host, and I'm pretty sure that I can do just about anything I could do face to face, so it's just a matter of getting the word out that I'm available.

The shrink I'm been seeing who pushes AA agreed to give me a Rx for naproxene. I've been taking a half a pill for a couple of days, and so far it hasn't done all that much to cut the alcohol buzz, but I do seem to sober up more quickly once I quit drinking. Last night my son cooked a big meal for the family for my birthday, but my husband came home in a foul mood and immediately got in a fight with my son and my mom over his being in the way in the kitchen. Hubby was going to walk out of the house, and as he did, he said, "I'm the one who has to do this sober." He got sober long, long ago through AA. This has never been an issue between us. So, whoa! a whole new can of worms opens up. There are layers and layers of family issues going on here, more than I can actually handle all at one time with all these different agendas being enacted. Finally, he and I retreated, he apologized, and we got through the evening, but it was pretty much ruined for me. And he was right. I don't think I could have handled it sober. I woke up in the middle of the night with a wicked hangover. I think this is due to the naltrexone too, since I haven't had hangovers for years. So last night just wasn't a good time to measure the effectiveness of the drug.

The good news is that I have been working out at the Y, I'm getting therapy, and I've started naltrexone. One must do one's best to persevere. This is a big time of adjustment, I guess.

Comment

Wednesday July 11, 2007

Hello, read posts fsophiah hope today goes good for you, The proverbial can of worms sucks everyone thinks they are right and no one wants to see anyone elses point of view.

Everyone I am literally running around like a fool today, but its a good feeling getting stuff done.

See you all later I hope,
              Sammys

Comment

Wednesday July 11, 2007

Seems like our whole life is a series of adjustments! Perservere we will!

I am dang tired after an incredibly draining day at work but, I won't complain with this tan that I have. Just wouldn't seem right. Hope everyone is having a great day. I am going to wrap it up here at the office.
                Sometimes I wonder...."Why is that frisbee getting bigger?"...and then it hits me.

Comment

Wednesday July 11, 2007

Beaches must have sent her hot weather to me because I am sweltering in this heat. Wishing you all a great rest of the day.

Jude, where are you?
                  I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

Working...
                  X