X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

THURSDAY 12TH JULY

x

THURSDAY 12TH JULY

Try pretending that all you now believe to be real, is not. And that all you wish to be real, is. If only for a few minutes each day.

Then, try acting like all you wish to be real already is real. With just a word here, a sentence there, or some little demonstration. If only in private.

Before long, you won't even remember what you used to believe was real.

I'm pretending you already do this stuff whenver you want change -
    ****The Universe

Good morning all,

Hey Star, this is the slip that warns you about how you use to do this and shows you how far you have come. Take the anger is there to help you make your plan and stick to it. Star this really does get easier as time goes on. Go ABS if that is where you think you should be but come by here and talk with us too!! We love you!!

Got my bookkeeper coming in this morning so hopefully I will BBL. xo Mary

Comment

THURSDAY 12TH JULY

I agree. Recognition of our overdo's is one of the signposts to our betterment. We all know that feeling of self-loathing. We need it, as a matter of fact. If we can make it our friend, then we will be able to move with what it is telling us. I now know that it's a symptom that actually goes away when I have my drinking under control. Before, I thought I hated myself because I was a bad person.

Today is my birthday. I guess I'm too old to want to do much. Everyone keeps asking me what I want, and I just can't come up with anything. Maybe world peace. Dubya gone. Healing for loved ones. Instant death to the entire mosquito species. Losing 15 lbs. So I'll wish you all happy un-birthday, as the mad hatter would say, instead.

Comment

THURSDAY 12TH JULY

H.B. fsophiah

I wish you a lovely, peaceful day.

Star. You are exactly where you should be on this journey to sobriety.
        Exactly where you should be.
        All is well.

magic xx:schmokin:
        ~Are you looking for the Holy One?
        I am in the next seat.
        My shoulder is against yours. ~Kabir

Comment

THURSDAY 12TH JULY

Starlight, sorry you feel bad today. As MKR and Fsophia have said it is recognition on our journey.

Happy Birthday FSophia, do something nice for yourself today.

Hugs to all
          Enlightened by MWO

Comment

THURSDAY 12TH JULY

Happy Birthday Fsophia!

Just wanted to check in and say hello to everyone! Hope you all have a great day
            "Keep your eyes and heart focused on the end goal at all times, and never settle for less."

Comment

THURSDAY 12TH JULY

Afternoon - well I had 3 glasses of wine last night instead of one - not great but not a disaster. I didn't smoke as well so am very pleased major achievment for me - day 3 fag free for me today and hopefully it gets easier from now.
              I'm very moody particularly with OH.

No booze for me now until tomorrow night now, then a very limited amount Sat eve as I'm doing a 5k on Sunday afternoon - also gyming on Saturay as that foces me to cut down.I want to have a sauna/steam too on Saturday am and that is never good with a hangover.

Until tomorrow eve xx
              one day at a time

Comment

THURSDAY 12TH JULY

Well I also went out last nite and overdid it. I was given one beer after another, you know people buying rounds. I am going to get back on the straight and narrow here. I am learning just cause its summer that does not mean its an excuse to party and drink.

Great advice everyone, I sure do appreciate how nice you all are and how helpful.

Sammys

Comment

THURSDAY 12TH JULY

Happy Birthday Sophia!! OK - you are never to old to go do something fun!! Pick one really fun thing even if it is small and go do that little thing!!

Magic, I am not sure if I ever saw you to welcome you, happy you are here and happy to see you offering peace to everyone. Nice thought . . .Thanks!!

Hillary, how about you? Things any better? I hope they are calmer and more peaceful right now.

Beaches, a little cooler your way today? It is for us, thank goodness. A nice cloud cover to keep it from boiling my plants this afternoon.

Bear, I just quit smoking on January first this year. . . a tougher thing to do for me than quitting drinking so I just need to say this! Congratulations BEAR!!! GOOD JOB!!! I am impressed and you are right, three days into, anyone out to give you a hard time will manage to be on the bad end of that deal!!! 5K is awesome too. sounds like you are trading some not so great health habits for some really wonderful healthy habits.

Sammys, I am sorry and I do know that route. Tough when you are not in control over what is coming at you. Summertime, just feels like you should drink more for you? For me it is wintertime, cold and sitting around all bundled up rather than all the cool things you can do with a glass of water nearby. Tonight I know you will do better.

OK, Don't make me come after you ladies who are not signing in here lately!!

xo,
                  Mary

Comment

THURSDAY 12TH JULY

Hi everyone,

Just a quick funny story. I had to go to the dentist for a cleaning today. I have been feeling rather, well, hormonal this week. You all know the drill. Anyhow she is cleaning my teeth and she says, "my you have quite the hormonal gums." I said, "Excuse me???" She said that hormones really affect your gum tissue (had never heard that) and that she has even been able to tell patients they were pregnant before they knew. Now how bizarre is that??? But it sure does explain my mood this week. So next time my hubby asks why I am so irritable I will tell him my gums are hormonal.

Hope everyone is having a great day.

Sammy, summer is hard for me too especially when the weather is nice. And mix that with being social and it can be dangerous territory. You need to do what St. Jude always says (who I am wondering where the heck is she???) and drink water in between each drink. Hope you are feeling better soon.

Happy Birthday Sophiah!

Hugs to all of the rest......
                    I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

THURSDAY 12TH JULY

So Lushy are you pregnant? Can I start a rumor?
                      "Keep your eyes and heart focused on the end goal at all times, and never settle for less."

Comment

THURSDAY 12TH JULY

Lushy is pregnant by her dentist!!!!

Hows that for a start of the rumor!!!

HEE HEE
                        Sammys

Comment

THURSDAY 12TH JULY

My dentist IS hot, but no I am not PG.
                          I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

THURSDAY 12TH JULY

Hmmmm I have never been told I have hormonal gums. Interesting. Lushy is pregnant.

Comment

THURSDAY 12TH JULY

Boy, sounds like I missed alot around here today! Lushy is preggers by her dentist.

Happy Birthday Sophia!!!
                              Sometimes I wonder...."Why is that frisbee getting bigger?"...and then it hits me.

Comment

Working...
                              X