Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Really now??

Hi All,

Well so far so good AF day 3 again second week, no alcohol in the week remember and mods during weekends... feeling good!! was just a bit up in arms as it seems g/friend is counting the amount of beers I am allowed on weekends... I decided that 3/4 beers would be the max..... am I being unreasonable in getting upset when its mentioned??? or not or is it really just support???....

Really now??

Skye,

Support can be so irritating. :H

I think she is just trying to help. She knows that at some point you could just "snap" and start drinking like mad. She is trying to keep you from hitting that point.

Moderating can be hard work, you know. Gotta stay on your toes.

Take care,
    Cindi
    AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Really now??

Thanks Cindi, tell me bout it only second weekend this weekend and must say I am getting more obsessed as it gets closer... I guess she really is just trying to help Ill just learn to be more patient as well

Comment

Really now??

Skye, well done on your progress so far.

You have to decide what YOU want to do, being told what you are allowed can be the worst thing ever. I'm never very good at being told what to do!!!

Make g/f know that you are very serious about doing this but you need to set your own limits. You may decide that you agree with 3/4 but it needs to be your decision.

Hope that helps,

BB xx
        sigpicXXX

Comment

Really now??

Thanks BB it surely helps, I guess no -one wants to be told how to handle things..... one step at a time one day at a time .... how have you been?

Comment

Really now??

Great advice BB, as usual. exactly what I was going to say.
            It always seems impossible until it's done....

Comment

Really now??

Flip you are being SOOOO nice to me today ....... :H

Skye, I've been here a while now, all my family have always liked a drink, having wine with dinner everynight, but last year I had some bad news and started drinking more than my hubby, when he was aleep I was drinking another whole bottle wine, it gradually increased to drinking as soon as I woke at 6am, and was sneaking it all day every day, and eventually confessed to my hubby and parents, who then tried to control me ..... it didn't work, I rebelled!!! I found this place in november and after advice given here I pledged that I would NEVER drink in secret, NEVER alone, and NEVER buy anymore than we were going to drink together with dinner or with friends. Because they were MY targets not anyone elses I have stuck to it other than one occasion a few weeks ago.

So although I'm not perfect, I'm winning. I did 17 af days straight in january!!!
              sigpicXXX

Comment

Really now??

Hi Guy's,

If it's positive support then embrace it! but if it's all down to control then step away, you know yourself better than anyone else.

Good luck, listen to these guy's on the site, they will help to make the picture clearer on the cloudy days!!

W x

Comment

Really now??

Thanks for sharing your story with me BB its really great that you too have come this far... I have set my own goals and have made it clear that I am doing it for me and those that I love, alcoholism runs in the family so I guess if I dont put a stop to it in some way now it might spin completely out of control and I am still young.....

Comment

Really now??

BB, what a great post, thanks for sharing with us. I too would like to eventually moderate and you've given us a good technique for how much to have and when to have it available. I was at Day 12 AF until the wagon drove out from under me, so now I'm dusting myself off and on Day2 again.

Skye you're doing great - keep up the good work!!

Comment

Really now??

I think if she is noticing and helping you plan that is better than what you probably have gone through before. I think as long as you are not fighting over this let it happen and let her help you slow down.

Hope this helps??
                      Sammys

Comment

Really now??

Skye - I hope you find your working pattern - like, a pattern that works for you.... YOU. Yes, I did 21 days back in January because my man said he didn't think I could (HA!!!! Who, 'placid' me?!?!?!) and I 'won' but only coz I was stubborn as hell and also looking forward to the one (and it was) glass of wine with my Aunt on the 21st January when I went there to stay.... (then it all went mad but that's another story and now I'm here so....) The more control the more mad I went.... until I decided....

BB - thank you for your story - I feel it all too familiarly (?!). I would love to know more about your 'modding'; I'm really not sure I want to but I still struggle with the label 'alcoholic' to which I die inside. I don't think bad of others - it's wierd - but there is none in our family and I've had such bad labels stuck on me that I don't want another, rather *%#+& one at that!!!!!! I want to be able to drink even if I don't want to even you get what I mean!! (Not sure I do but!)

Irish - good on you. Bust on until you get to a place that's less slippery and then it'll get easier.....about 30 days.....you can do this. Right behind you.

(Sorry to always gabble on.....really am.)

Love
                        Finding xx
                        :heart: c: :heart:
                        "Be patient and gentle with yourself - the magic is in you."

Comment

Working...
                        X